EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Goofy-Dumb Moments thread (how dumb can you be) :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Goofy-Dumb Moments thread (how dumb can you be) :)
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on share your dumb and goody moments [Smile]

I experienced such an episode not too long ago. I wanted to drink wine. I bought a bottle of wine only to learn I did not have a cork on hand. So what did I do?! I turned to the all-wise internet Wiki-How to be exact [Big Grin] idiots … Wiki-Idiots is more appropriate.

Anyway so they recommended I pound the bottom of the bottle with a shoe. Preferably a shoe with a rubber sole and I pounded and pounded to no avail. Then I read some other website and they recommended pushing the cork in. I did just that and actually there is a technique behind it and I was so close but then the bottle exploded [Big Grin] . The bottom fell-out, obviously from the pressure; I was thought some air would pass through.

I know, I know I tried to defy the laws of physics but I thought it was possible because more than ten idiots attested to it working.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess you are the only one. [Razz]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 8 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
errrrr… I just know I am not the only fool in here. Damn! I would appreciate it if someone came along and rescued me [Razz] by posting one of their dumb moments.

[Smile]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin - Bokra Fil Mish Mish:
Guess you are the only one. [Razz]

OMG [Big Grin] at least you tried. Now you are my hero [Smile]
(i was typing my last reply while you posted you reply i guess [Smile] )

I am not satisfied though:

snoozin! are you trying to tell me you never did anything dumb? I refuse to accept that, now share a possibly embarrassing moment [Razz]

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dumb moment - marrying the man who is now my ex-husband.
There are many more dumb moments in my life, but I think I'll keep them to myself.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I've done LOTS of dumb things. Just not as creatively as you seem to. [Wink]

Let's see. I was in a long-distance relationship about 10 years ago, when boyfriend went to visit his mother in Miami. We were online chatting on AOL chat, I think, and I wrote something a little risque. He immediately typed back that his mother was sitting right next to him (he was showing her how the chat worked). [Embarrassed]

Another dumb thing that still gives me the heebie jeebies was much more recently. I keep one of those Nalgene plastic water bottles on my desk at work, to drink from. I fill it from a bottled water cooler in the break room. But I also get lazy and sometimes water my plants with it. Well, I must have accidently touched the bottle to the plants, and some creeping crud began to grow in the water. I drink so much water I just refill it all the time, and I guess I SHOULD be washing it more. Because that stuff clouded up my water. I took a swig of it the next day and saw that stuff floating in there and almost lost it.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! It's all in the trash, plants and everything. Ugh.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
Dumb moment - marrying the man who is now my ex-husband.
There are many more dumb moments in my life, but I think I'll keep them to myself.

[Big Grin]

Come on LovedOne I'm sure you could share one dumb moment ... a totally dumb one at that.. in which your Ex was totally irrelevant.

perhaps one that predated him [Smile]

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Oh, I've done LOTS of dumb things. Just not as creatively as you seem to. [Wink]

Let's see. I was in a long-distance relationship about 10 years ago, when boyfriend went to visit his mother in Miami. We were online chatting on AOL chat, I think, and I wrote something a little risque. He immediately typed back that his mother was sitting right next to him (he was showing her how the chat worked). [Embarrassed]

Another dumb thing that still gives me the heebie jeebies was much more recently. I keep one of those Nalgene plastic water bottles on my desk at work, to drink from. I fill it from a bottled water cooler in the break room. But I also get lazy and sometimes water my plants with it. Well, I must have accidently touched the bottle to the plants, and some creeping crud began to grow in the water. I drink so much water I just refill it all the time, and I guess I SHOULD be washing it more. Because that stuff clouded up my water. I took a swig of it the next day and saw that stuff floating in there and almost lost it.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! It's all in the trash, plants and everything. Ugh.

omg that is so embarrassing and who knows what his mother thought of you after that [Razz] … I bet you cringed …ahahahahaha

….the plant thing is not that bad … and nothing compared to whatever you typed and *risque* is definitely open to interpretation [Smile]

typing that though with your bf mother looking on is 100x(possibly much more) worse than my dumb moment [Big Grin]

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
quote:
[qb] Dumb moment - marrying the man who is now my ex-husband.

[Big Grin]

Come on LovedOne I'm sure you could share one dumb moment ... a totally dumb one at that.. in which your Ex was totally irrelevant.

Should I be offended? Am I inherently more dumb than others?
Hmmmm.....
[Razz]
Like I said, my life is full of dumb moments.
I just prefer to keep most of them to myself.
I'm just.... you know... bored at the moment.
Waiting for the days to hurry on by.

Alright, fine, I thought of one. The county fair is about to start here so that reminded me.
When I was about... 13, a friend and I went to the fair. I guess this was the start of my rebellious phase. I can't remember exactly what happened but I had decided I was going to run away from home and live with one of the carnie workers. What the heck could I have been thinking??? [Eek!]
Anyways, it was time for my friends mom to pick us up but I stayed there and my friends mom of course couldn't allow that, so she called my parents and they came down and *everyone* was looking for me.
I was trying to hide.
They actually called the cops and had helicopters come and search for me. How embarassing is that?
[Embarrassed] (that did happen one other time in my life as well though).
Anyways, I eventually came out from hiding.

Does that qualify as dumb and embarassing enough?

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] Dumb moment - marrying the man who is now my ex-husband.

[Big Grin]

Should I be offended? Am I inherently more dumb than others?
Hmmmm.....
[Razz]
Like I said, my life is full of dumb moments.
I just prefer to keep most of them to myself.
I'm just.... you know... bored at the moment.
Waiting for the days to hurry on by.

Alright, fine, I thought of one. The county fair is about to start here so that reminded me.
When I was about... 13, a friend and I went to the fair. I guess this was the start of my rebellious phase. I can't remember exactly what happened but I had decided I was going to run away from home and live with one of the carnie workers. What the heck could I have been thinking??? [Eek!]
Anyways, it was time for my friends mom to pick us up but I stayed there and my friends mom of course couldn't allow that, so she called my parents and they came down and *everyone* was looking for me.
I was trying to hide.
They actually called the cops and had helicopters come and search for me. How embarassing is that?
[Embarrassed] (that did happen one other time in my life as well though).
Anyways, I eventually came out from hiding.

Does that qualify as dumb and embarassing enough?

That qualifies as rebellion. I am the dumbest at this point and Snoozin has definitely experienced the most embarrassing moment.

And don’t get too smart you are not 'inherently' dumb… you are inherently rebellious [Razz]

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:

typing that though with your bf mother looking on is 100x(possibly much more) worse than my dumb moment [Big Grin]

Thank you. Thank you very much. [Big Grin]

I don't care anymore, though. He dumped me (on Valentine's Day no less) and broke my heart dead, I'm telling ya. Then immediately married a much better version of me. [Roll Eyes] And she cheated on him 14 times and now they are divorced. I'm sure his mother is wishing he had stayed with me, regardless of my typing habits. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
quote:

Thank you. Thank you very much. [Big Grin]

I don't care anymore, though. He dumped me (on Valentine's Day no less) and broke my heart dead, I'm telling ya. Then immediately married a much better version of me. [Roll Eyes] And she cheated on him 14 times and now they are divorced. I'm sure his mother is wishing he had stayed with me, regardless of my typing habits. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

What a dick! What person with one ounce of human blood would break up with their partner on Valentines Day? Ya Satir, the cold ppl who exist in this world. You indeed reap what you sow. I believe in that and you should be happy that you are not with such a man and such a family.

The heck with him and his family [Wink]

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
I believe in that and you should be happy that you are not with such a man and such a family.

Oh, I am so grateful for my husband and family and life right now, it's beyond words. Thank God, truly, my life played out like it did. But back then, I could have killed that cowardly ass, and kicked myself in the butt for putting up with his ****. Dismal times. Did I mention it was my last semester of law school, and I was so ***** up in the head over that man, I failed the bar exam the first time I took it? [Frown]

Now, letting a man mess me up so emotionally -- *that* is dumb.

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
quote:
I believe in that and you should be happy that you are not with such a man and such a family.

Oh, I am so grateful for my husband and family and life right now, it's beyond words. Thank God, truly, my life played out like it did. But back then, I could have killed that cowardly ass, and kicked myself in the butt for putting up with his ****. Dismal times. Did I mention it was my last semester of law school, and I was so ***** up in the head over that man, I failed the bar exam the first time I took it? [Frown]

That isn’t dumb because it was an investment in time and emotions. There were many feelings there. What I’m saying is it doesn’t qualify as typical dumb. It is history now and you passed your Bar and you are with the ‘coolest’ guy [Smile]

You were actually rescued and that is a fact because that guy was just no good. I know you wanted pulverize that jerk and life is fair it’s doing it for you. [Smile]

caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm not sharing any dumb man moments but i am definately loosing my marbles as the other day i went to squeeze face wash on my toothbrush to clean my teeth with...luckily i did notice in time or that would be 100 on the dumbometer [Big Grin]
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by caterpillar:
i went to squeeze face wash on my toothbrush to clean my teeth with...luckily i did notice in time or that would be 100 on the dumbometer [Big Grin]

Oooh, another dumb thing I did! I did the same thing with liquid soap from a dispenser, right on the toothbrush, but not as far as my mouth! But who wants lavender-scented liquid soap on their toothbrush. Ew.
MissJambi
Member # 13261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i cant think of anything i ever got embarrased about. im the type who doesnt give a crap what anyone thinks...i'll even fart in public if i really gotta. just look cute and flip your hair and its all good.

ok, everyday i fall at least once...i always wear really high heels...the girls at work call them 'f*ck me' shoes. so i fall up steps, i fall down steps and i trip over the speedbump in the parking lot. i did that last week in front of all these people and i didnt care.

i wore really long blonde hair extentions once and one came loose in front of someone so i just pulled the whole thing off.

i think i am too dangerously comfortable with myself.
im just down to earth thats all.

Posts: 229 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJambi
Member # 13261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

That isn’t dumb because it was an investment in time and emotions. There were many feelings there. What I’m saying is it doesn’t qualify as typical dumb. It is history now and you passed your Bar and you are with the ‘coolest’ guy [Smile]

You were actually rescued and that is a fact because that guy was just no good. I know you wanted pulverize that jerk and life is fair it’s doing it for you. [Smile]

how ya think i feel. my ex gave me an ulcer. 27 with an ulcer. and boy it hurts. doc said it was stress.
then he offered to put up the money to have it fixed. what an azz.

Posts: 229 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com