EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Male PMS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Male PMS
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Embarrassed]

i know i get it sometimes not technically but i will catch an attitude especially when my team was 14.5 games out of first place. It's down to 8.5 games now .... a whole lot of season left!

So ladies do your men suffer from male PMS? Come on yalla share.

[Smile]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 8 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*snort*

Ok ladies whatever your men are pristine ... they don't catch attitudes

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 13 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
apparently i am the only one who suffers from male-pms

hhmmphh

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my ex husband suffered it 24/7!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is actually pretty good, he might get moody from work (hates his boss) but otherwise he gets quiet and sulks...he rarely gets PMS, that's my job. [Big Grin]

-Smucky

Rather than trying to find the right person, try being the right person.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
apparently i am the only one who suffers from male-pms

No, you're not. [Wink]

DIAMOND:
(...) there is the assumption that women are hormonal but men are moved more by logic. But the truth is men are as hormonally driven as women. In fact, men have a number of hormonal cycles:

1) Men's testosterone, for instance, varies and goes up and down four or five times an hour.
2) There are daily cycles with testosterone being higher in the morning and lower at night.
3) Men have a monthly hormonal cycle that is unique to each man, but men can actually track their moods and recognize they are related to hormonal changes through the month.
4) We know that there are seasonal cycles with testosterone higher in November and lower in April.
5) We know about hormonal cycles with males during adolescence, but also the years between 40 and 55 have what we call male menopause or andropause.
6) Finally, we know there are hormonal changes in men going through IMS, related to stress in a man's life.

MEMBER QUESTION:
What causes hormones to go out of whack in a man?

DIAMOND:
There are a lot of things that can make hormones go out of whack. Let's start with something we all do, and that is eating food. If we gain weight, we run the potential of increasing IMS.

Here is how it works: In the body, a certain amount of testosterone gets converted to estrogen. Males and females have estrogen and testosterone in our bodies. When we put on weight, our fat cells are more active in converting testosterone into estrogen. The more estrogen we have and the less testosterone we have, the more irritable we become and the less sense of our own manly strength that we have. That's one way they get out of whack.

A second way is that we know when we are under a great deal of stress our testosterone levels drop. The third way they get out of whack is when we use various medications that can have in impact on hormonal levels. Many people are using multiple medications, not always with the knowledge of their doctors. And when I say medication, I include herbal remedies that many people think that because they're natural, they're safe, or that they're not real medications.

What I tell people is that all of these things are important to be explored by your health care provider to be sure you're not causing reactions between the various things you may be taking that can make your condition worse rather than better.

MEMBER QUESTION:
What are the signs of irritable male syndrome? My husband is depressed and stressed. Sometimes I have no idea what sets him off. How is IMS different from just regular depression?

DIAMOND:
We've set up a specific web site for you, at www.theirritablemale.com. On that site, you can take a quiz that will score your answers and give you an idea of whether you are suffering from IMS or the man that you may be concerned about is suffering. The quiz will also tell you which of nine types of IMS a man may have.

What we've found is that one of the primary symptoms is denial. That is, men think the problem is anywhere other than in themselves. They think it's their wives, their boss, people on the highway, the people in the White House, anybody but what's going on with themselves. So one of the primary things we help couples do is help men break through the denial.

What we know is that depression obviously can be present in people, male or female, who are not experiencing IMS. But we do think depression is a very significant aspect of IMS, and it is often unrecognized in males, because we tend to see irritability and anger and aggression as something that is acted-out behavior or negative behavior. We rarely see how sad and unhappy the men are.

www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=53725

www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002349

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarka
Member # 13644

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sobriquet, Dalia and young at heart are just being kind to you, I'm afraid it is just you, i saw an article on male PMS the other day

"Male PMS is an unusual phenomenon, we sent our researchers out to find men who complain of hormonal imbalances affecting their moods - the researchers carried out their study in Egypt, America and the UK, where they only managed to find one sufferer by the name of Sobriquet, stay away from him ladies around the 28th day of his cycle, he starts to foam at the mouth"

www.thegodshonesttruth.com

see - cant argue with that. [Big Grin]

Posts: 83 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That`s no PMS but just a passion to your sport!
Yesterday a referee came to me asking: Are you still sick of the loss of your team?
They lost an important match more then one month ago, it costed them this seasons`s championship, and it seems I was visible sick of it... [Wink]
I was, and it took more then one week!
What kind of sport is counting in 14,5 games...???

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahha, just the name of this topic reminds me of freind of mine, he definatly has his time of the month were he get all emotional and **** and if no one called him for a day he calls everybody and screams at them [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tarka:
Sobriquet, Dalia and young at heart are just being kind to you, I'm afraid it is just you, i saw an article on male PMS the other day

"Male PMS is an unusual phenomenon, we sent our researchers out to find men who complain of hormonal imbalances affecting their moods - the researchers carried out their study in Egypt, America and the UK, where they only managed to find one sufferer by the name of Sobriquet, stay away from him ladies around the 28th day of his cycle, he starts to foam at the mouth"

Ok – it seems you enjoy making fun of me and if your motive is harmless then do continue - but just know this - i am vulnerable and sensitive sometimes [Razz]

One more thing, Dalia usually backs up her claims and often with scientific proof.

[Smile]

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband is generally good natured and laid back. However, now that he's trying to quit smoking he has moments of male PMS. They don't last long and are not nearly as lethal as my PMS moments. [Smile]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

???? understands me (???? i couldn't relpy to your post [Confused] some HTML nonsense) anyway ...

I don't know how or why a mere baseball team could influence me so much. I love the Yankees and really certain games especially against the Boston Red Sox (the evil of all baseball) impact me so much.

I tried to step away. I mean the Yankees won 26 world series( championships) so far but now the situation is extremely critical . Really!

The good news is the Yankees are now down by 8 games because Boston lost last night and the Yankees had an off day.

I swear if they don't at least beat detroit for the wild-card i will be bitchy until october [Big Grin]

So what team are you obessesed with?

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My own!!!! [Big Grin]
And it`s NOT on any level comparable with the great names you`ve mentioned. I don`t see baseball very much, however I played a "soft" version during high school. I liked it. Right now I use a racket instead of a bat.

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detroit [Smile]

quote:

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Mother War:
Detroit [Smile]

quote:

[Smile]

Normally I cheer on Detroit especially with all the Arabs living in Dearborn and around dix ave.

BUT

I don't think the Yankees will catch up with @asshat boston.

BUT they will catch up with the Tigers (god-willing) for the wild-card! I actually like the tigers and I know Sheffield (former RF player of the Yankees) is doing great there [Smile]

If Detroit wins it no problem (just under any and all circumstances do not allow Boston to go through you)

… worry about Cleveland first [Big Grin]

????? You're a tennis player/coach? [Smile]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Yes, I am...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

veronica ella
Member # 13434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veronica ella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my partner had pms for 30years.so i thought,i wished i had realized, it was only him being an arrogant controle freek
Posts: 126 | From: england | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of PMS wouldn't it be PTS (post-testosterone syndrom) because they don't have menestrual periods........
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the Yankees are now down by 8 games because Boston lost last night and the Yankees had an off day.

Oh right....it couldn't be that the Red Sox are actually BETTER than the spankmee's right??? [Big Grin]
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarka
Member # 13644

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Ok – it seems you enjoy making fun of me and if your motive is harmless then do continue - but just know this - i am vulnerable and sensitive sometimes [Razz]

One more thing, Dalia usually backs up her claims and often with scientific proof.

[Smile]

No i'm just playing, I dont mean it in a nasty way at all, I think you are one of the nice guys and I like you. [Smile]

And I agree that men can be very moody, trust me, I have first hand experience of that one! but am saying no more!

Posts: 83 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
quote:
the Yankees are now down by 8 games because Boston lost last night and the Yankees had an off day.

Oh right....it couldn't be that the Red Sox are actually BETTER than the spankmee's right??? [Big Grin]
Oh this could get nasty [Razz]

Mrs.Doodlebug i never said Boston wasn't good. I said they are evil, they play evil, their managment is evil and they look evil (i mean look at David Ortiz - he is probably the ugliest looking person on the face of the planet) [Big Grin]

How about I shut-up and how about you shut up too? You can boast as much as you like if they win the pennant and expect the same from me come october.

Truce - Deal?

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
quote:
quote:

[Smile]

No i'm just playing, I dont mean it in a nasty way at all, I think you are one of the nice guys and I like you. [Smile]

And I agree that men can be very moody, trust me, I have first hand experience of that one! but am saying no more!

I didn't know if you were teasing or mocking me. Now I know. [Smile] I'm usually more rigid but these past few days with all the stress in my life I especially look forward to relaxing on ES.

I'm usually not as 'moody' it's just I want so much now but I don't have the means to acquire such now. This fact coupled with my favorite team down by 9 games (as of 2day) is stressing me, somewhat.

Anyway I'm happy knowing you are a friendly [Smile]

doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh this could get nasty [Razz]

Mrs.Doodlebug i never said Boston wasn't good. I said they are evil, they play evil, their managment is evil and they look evil (i mean look at David Ortiz - he is probably the ugliest looking person on the face of the planet) [Big Grin]

How about I shut-up and how about you shut up too? You can boast as much as you like if they win the pennant and expect the same from me come october.

Truce - Deal?

Have you ever known a Red Sox fan to shut up? [Big Grin] [Razz]

And do you seriously think Clemens isn't evil????

truce though if you want. Just playin' wid ya

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh this could get nasty

Mrs.Doodlebug i never said Boston wasn't good. I said they are evil, they play evil, their managment is evil and they look evil (i mean look at David Ortiz - he is probably the ugliest looking person on the face of the planet)

Truce - Deal?

Have you ever known a Red Sox fan to shut up? [Big Grin] [Razz]

And do you seriously think Clemens isn't evil????

truce though if you want. Just playin' wid ya

A Red Sox fan is a member of ES?! Life is cruel. The only thing that would make matters worse is you being a member of SOSH [Roll Eyes]

Clemens is a good man looking out for his family and even at 44 he is still great [Big Grin]

Pure jealousy on Boston's part because he chose NY over Boston.

I asked for a mutual truce, so do you want a truce [Razz] or are you making it out like i'm chickening out ..hmmm

I'm messing with you too doodlebug because. I'm glad you love your team. [Smile]

May the best team win.

'objects on rearview mirror are closer than they
appear' RE: 9 games back that were 14.5 games back only a couple of weeks ago [Big Grin]

doodlebug
Member # 11649

not a sosh member but I have bostondirtdogs on my favorites !! lol. I live in Boston, my parents grew up here and were red sox fans, my irish grandfather was a redsox fan [Smile] When my kids became "of age" (for understanding baseball that is) we had "the talk" that most of us here have and they learned that they too are die hard red sox fans. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Gotta admit though, nothing like the fall with the yankees and redsox in the playoffs!!!! NOTHING is better than that...NOTHING!!! [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com