EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Our Egyptian Men - Cheap or Generous?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Our Egyptian Men - Cheap or Generous?
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious - is your Egyptian husband rather cheap of spends money freely? I see a lot of Egyptian men being far from flamboyantly spending on their wives. [Big Grin]

If you are an Egyptian man - tell about your wife-related spending habits - no lies please! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karah Mia...isn't it a universal rule that husbands tell their wives that everything costs double the actual cost? Women tell men that everything costs half the price. It all balances out, in the end. [Razz]
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ very true, I've just done that today as I needed to buy a new wireless usb for my laptop, and my husband was already appalled at the cost of things like that here so I knocked £10 off [Wink] !

He's generous, but doesn't spend money irresponsibly. We're saving for something quite important right now, and I'd much rather that he squirrelled his wages away in the bank rather than wasting it on stuff we don't really need. Saying that, he's not adverse to going out for a meal or ordering in a takeaway every now and then.

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sumbula2
Member # 11665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumbula2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine is very generous, alhumdulilah. He's got a big heart, and is alot like me in the fact that we support the idea of "have fun while we have the money". (and then for the the rest of the week we're broke and end up going to the park or the dollar theatre for a movie)

I really like people like that- I noticed hes very generous with the gifts he takes home to his family and friends in egypt.

Posts: 140 | From: TX | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband is extremely generous (as far as the average man goes). I guess we view generous in different ways, not only is he generous in material things (if he is able) he is mostly generous in his treatment of me. He always puts me first and makes all decisions with me in mind, he is extremely generous in his treatment towards me and our daughter (he is a genuinely kind soul to everyone anyway) and always makes me feel important and cared for. Of course the occasional 'pretty item' is nice, too. [Razz]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes thats the way to have em smuckers, i got that too
you no its the small things that count the most
like a few flowers, a love note
a loving hug and some one to wash youre hair
wow these are the most generous things
just a little bit of care go a huge way,
the feeling that youre a queen and the most important person in the world is much more than any atereial thing

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just feeling to be loved is the most precious gift any one can give to you,
i love to be looked after, its so nice and all person has to feel this

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarka
Member # 13644

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband is very generous too, he will do anything to help people and would spend his money on those he loved or good causes [Smile]
Posts: 83 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tarka, do you have my husband? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] mine is exactly that way.he would rather spend it on someone else then himself.what a great gift i have from god [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarka
Member # 13644

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope he is not your husband - from the tales on here we wouldn't know would we? we could be two of 4 [Big Grin]
Posts: 83 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figure any guy who holds back your hair while you throw up projectile vomit and still kisses your face & hands because you're in labor with his child is pretty special. [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no i was just kidding but yours sounds just the way my man is and i know we are only 2 so far [Big Grin]
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2007 07:06 AM Profile for With a name like Smuckers Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote I figure any guy who holds back your hair while you throw up projectile vomit and still kisses your face & hands because you're in labor with his child is pretty special.

thats what i call a real man smuckie [Wink]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarka
Member # 13644

Member Rated:
Smuckers - he may like the smell of sick lol [Big Grin] [Cool]
WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WindyOniyah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mok-mok:
no i was just kidding but yours sounds just the way my man is and i know we are only 2 so far [Big Grin]
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2007 07:06 AM Profile for With a name like Smuckers Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote I figure any guy who holds back your hair while you throw up projectile vomit and still kisses your face & hands because you're in labor with his child is pretty special.

thats what i call a real man smuckie [Wink]

You too had baby and he hold your head back while you puked "nice"
Posts: 370 | From: I luv me Glasses :) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
no i didn't have a baby !!!!!!!!!!i was just commenting on what smuckie said [Big Grin]
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuck, you raise a very interesting point. About your husband being both generous in gifts as well as attitude, and I wonder how closely linked those two are. My husband seems to be the same way, while my father on the other hand, is quite tight with both money and affection.

My husband is generous within his means, which is perfect for me. I wouldn't want a guy racking up loads of debt just to give me fancy things.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Wind, no, it was just me that puked and he held back my hair...Hey I couldn't help it! When you're in pain it sometimes causes you to throw up, I was giving birth for heavens sake! [Frown]

Trollin' (lol that name is hysterical), perhaps generosity comes from the heart out of caring and affection? My father used to hand me a big wad of money to go shopping but would pretty much ignore me in all other things...so in material things he was generous (always buying lots of jewelry, expensive leather coats, a new car, etc.) but as a personality he was pretty cold and self-centered.
Hey! Maybe we're long lost sisters with the same father! [Razz] [Razz]
[Razz]

Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do egyptian men think about money?
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mer
Member # 11678

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is all dependent on the woman, for me I have shared account with my wife, no limitation, but I know she is not intersted in spending the money, but if she was showing differently, for sure it might be a different consideration. We like the money, it can afford the luxury and good time, but never bring the happiness and good time.
Posts: 125 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Angel Heart:
How do egyptian men think about money?

It depends on the man for sure.
My husband is pretty careful with it, and has great planning/saving ability (thankfully). He's not a big shopper (for himself) and spends money on me or our daughter before himself everyday. At the same time he knows the value of it and seems to appreciate what he makes. I dated a guy in the states that spent money so carelessly it was scary (not to compare nationalities). He asked me to marry him and I envisioned a life of being in debt and out of control spending...I refused that really fast. I never experience that with my husband now, I think a woman has to feel somewhat comfortable that the money situation is at least stable. [Wink]

Mer
Member # 11678

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u r talking as if we simply live to collect money, Money is simply is used to make the life easier, and never be the aim. Being rich, can't garentee good family,good health, good kids. May be vice versa. And after we died we get nothing out of our money and may be someone non-responsible will be spending my money in the air.
Posts: 125 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com