EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Vampire - When do you sleep for how long

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vampire - When do you sleep for how long
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has come to my attention that I am up too late. Ladies and gentlemen my circadian rhythm is cracked meaning I am a 'night owl' and I just love the night.

Seriously, I have the 'night owl gene' it is no joke and I sleep best from dawn until noon. That is me and that is who I am. Okay look at it this way I could wake up at 9am but in a couple of days I will wake up at 10am and so on and so on.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm one of those people that can be a morning or night person.
I just haven't figured out a way to be both at the same time!

If I have something to do or I'm with friends or something, I could stay up all hours, given that I wouldn't have to be up early the next morning.
Though admittedly, as I get older, and the years of waking before 6 am grow, it's harder to stay up later without feeling it.

Given the choice, I think here in the west I would choose to be a morning person.
In the middle east, I think I'd choose to be a night person.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
I think I'm one of those people that can be a morning or night person.
I just haven't figured out a way to be both at the same time!

If I have something to do or I'm with friends or something, I could stay up all hours, given that I wouldn't have to be up early the next morning.
Though admittedly, as I get older, and the years of waking before 6 am grow, it's harder to stay up later without feeling it.

Given the choice, I think here in the west I would choose to be a morning person.
In the middle east, I think I'd choose to be a night person.

You know something LovedOne one of the greatest things about living in Cairo was my hours were actually normal (sleeping from dawn until noon). Really, everyone was in on it from the neighbors to the sellers.

It's beautiful if it is right for you. I know my mom and dad think it is laziness but we are just different people. I wake up great around noon and I hate the mornings and what's there anyway, like what am I missing.

Having said all that I am getting sleepy and it's time to say good-night but not before i answer my latest PM (i feel special [Big Grin] )

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

here are some of the most simple and beautiful words to tell anyone before heading out to bed:

Tisbah ala khair (to a guy) [may you awake fine/well]

Tisbahy ala khair (to a gal)

Tisbahu ala khair (to a group)

tisbahu ala khair

the Idan is sounding ......................

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to bed around 1:30-2:00 AM during week, waking up around 7:30 AM. On weekends I can be up until dawn sleeping until 2-3:00 PM next day. I am definitely a "Cairo type"! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have the 'night owl gene' when living the single life in Egypt..... but not any longer!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Sobriquet, Its called being Egyptian!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amon alex
Member # 12246

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amon alex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
many egyptian do that in alexandria i have nice morning.
when i wake up at 8 am. [Big Grin]

Posts: 164 | From: Egypt | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

My fellow night owls have spoken and it greatly pleases me. You know people out of ignorance will say 'well it is not normal, sleeping at night is normal'. Islamist will claim that it is Haram to stay up at night unless you are 'worshipping'.

Science is proving otherwise. Personally I could fall asleep at night and wake up early, although it would take me a few days to one week to set my hours straight. The problem is by doing so, I will be awake during hours that I despise. My physical and mental capacity will only be at 65% maximum.

Say I awoke at 7am then by 2pm I am tired and this is especially true during the summer time. During winter I would feel drained around 5pm. I hate feeling like that, so when I wake up at a time that is satisfactory to both my body and mind, I am a very happy person.

Society needs to be more tolerant and more understanding towards people like me. 24/hrs stores are great as are cafes that open until like 3 or 4 am. Alhamdulliah for 24 hour supermarkets, etc. Libraries need to extend their hours too because closing around 9pm is utter nonsense.

It requires a little effort but with the right partner it is definitely good. Guest are an annoyance as far as I am concerned because being hospitable translates to my suffering.

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe depends on the day,
I always sleep around 2 or 3 am, but when i wake depends on what goes on
If its a day to get kids to school i wake at 630 and back to bed at 8 am until about 10 am
If i dont have to get them to school and work evening instead of morning, i will sleep until 1130 or so,,
if work calls i am up by 9 am.
I just cant seem to sleep earlier, but also my best friend calls every night around 12 or 1 am lol

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJambi
Member # 13261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is so me.
in the daytime i feel lazy and sometimes depressed but the minute the sun starts to set, i feel like i come alive. i sit outside on my patio after i put my kid to bed and i feel great.

Posts: 229 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Ok, i don't think i'm a night owl [Big Grin] When you actually have to wake up for something, you'll wake up - I guess.

I just want to add that there is so much life out there during the day [Embarrassed]

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting up early in the morning can be so special.
It's like you have the whole world to yourself for a little while.
Much more peaceful than later in the day.

[Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, I'm a nightowl by nature, but real life intrudes. And with baby it intrudes constantly. I drag at work, unable to keep my eyes open, yet get a second wind about 10pm, when I *should* be sleeping.

Boy will awaken at 2am, then at 4am, then at 7am. [Big Grin]

A good nine hours of sleep -- straight through -- would be the most precious gift right now.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a newborn....enough said ((reaching for my cup of coffee...)). [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always get up at 7 am ... I don't have a morning temper [Smile] I make breakfast for my family
and bring my kids to school. I teach from 8.30 till 12.00 and I am verrry much awake [Wink]
My pupils are verrrry quiet in the morning, looking sleepy ... When I tell them something funny, they just smile [Smile]
Then I teach from 1.30 till 4.00 pm, in the afternoon I (sometimes) feel sleepy myself ... lol ... and the pupils get awake [Big Grin]
I need lots of sleep so I am in my bed at 11 pm
(so I am not a nightowl)

During the holidays, I sleep a bit longer but when you have kids, you don't need an alarm-clock [Big Grin]

To the ones with the little babies : lots of courage !! It really gets better after a while, so good luck for now.
I had a baby-boy like Trollin' ; first 2 years he was also awake every 2 or 3 hours [Frown]
Then I had a baby-girl ; when she was 3 months old she slept whole nights. I thought something was 'wrong' [Big Grin] but after a while I realised I was just 'lucky' [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
Getting up early in the morning can be so special.
It's like you have the whole world to yourself for a little while.
Much more peaceful than later in the day.

[Smile]

Well i am conditioning my mind and body into willingly accepting daytime hours. I have been basically waking up 10:00am every morning and leaving my apartment around 11:15am.

The result has been very good. I haven't been feeling cranky or tired. The weather has been helping the past several days because only last week we were in the midst of a heatwave, anyway this is another story.

My only concern is that i am not hungry when i wake up this early. This is bad news and this is also another story.

Today something happened that is usually rare and it could be a blessing. I returned home around 3:00pm and slept until 6:00pm (about an hour ago), the reason could be:

Excessive walking
Skipping breakfast and having brunch instead

The reason it is rare is because i usually have a hard time taking a nap.

I have one month to meet my objective and there is a reason behind all of this and that is come fall i will have to be awake several mornings a week for a few courses.

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Trollin':
Oooh, I'm a nightowl by nature, but real life intrudes. And with baby it intrudes constantly. I drag at work, unable to keep my eyes open, yet get a second wind about 10pm, when I *should* be sleeping.

Boy will awaken at 2am, then at 4am, then at 7am. [Big Grin]

A good nine hours of sleep -- straight through -- would be the most precious gift right now.

I think this is what women commonly refer to as 'the joys of motherhood' [Big Grin]
hitman
Member # 13360

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hitman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmm... I never usualy sleep .... I only sleep for 4 hours ,and then stay awake for 4 days ..wierd huh ....... but most of the time I am awake at the night .... if I have nothing to do in the morning I sleep ...just not to get bored..lol
Posts: 235 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJambi
Member # 13261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow me too. in the daytime i am not hungry,and i feel bitchity. but as soon as night falls, im up and at it.
just something about knowing im the only person awake on my block makes me feel good.
then again, im a scorpio and we are creatures of the night. [Smile]
i used to stay up all night getting blasted but now i just watch tv or sit outside.

Posts: 229 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by MissJambi:
wow me too. in the daytime i am not hungry,and i feel bitchity. but as soon as night falls, im up and at it.
just something about knowing im the only person awake on my block makes me feel good.
then again, im a scorpio and we are creatures of the night. [Smile]
i used to stay up all night getting blasted but now i just watch tv or sit outside.

What do you watch on TV? Can you recommend a TV series? We just finished ‘Lost’ all three seasons over the summer. Are you familiar with it? Is there something just as good you could recommend?

Something like that for Ramadan would be greatly helpful. Some mystery, some murder, some love, you know.

mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlebev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when im in egypt i find im always sleeping he draggs me out of bed at 8am with a coffee so i can go to work with him when im back home i cant sleep but still up at 6am so no wonder im always asleep when im in egypt need to catch up lol
Posts: 197 | From: hertford england | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arghhhhh - Lost does my head in, I watched the first two series then got sooooo fed up waiting for the punchline, just when you think you might be getting some answers...nope! this thing will probably go on for years - I for one do no longer CARE what they are doing on the poxy island, I dont CARE who ***** who and i dont care whether they all rot and are eaten by the white polar bear! ahhhhhh thats better

me, I'm a morning person, I'm up at 7ish and get tired around 11, I am annoyingly happy in the mornings. My Grandad and dad were morning people too, when I was a child we would walk in the fresh crisp morning to the paper shop, bring it home and they would sit in bed with a cup of tea reading the paper, there was something wonderful about that and I can almost smell the air now.

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught a bit of that Lost series and it just looked so unbelievable, all those beautiful people apparently stranded together on a tropical island, all looking as if they had just stepped out of the beauty salon with a new haircut and manicure, and all wearing the latest fashions that had just come newly pressed from the dry cleaners...it just didn't gel!
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
newcomer - thats not the half of it, it goes on...and on...and on...and on...and on...and on until the end of time, throw a few weird things in to keep people guessing, lead them up a dark alley then start a new series, Its one of the most frustrating things to watch, I used to like it but after 68 years it became too much!
Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wanderer:
after 68 years it became too much!

No way does it go on for 68 years?! [Eek!] I was hooked for seasons 1-2 and haven't gotten round to buying season 3!

For Sobriquet .... my past addictions were Grey's Anatomy (good if you like hospital drama) and OC (good if you like American trash which repeats itself over and over). I've heard that Heroes is a good one but I haven't seen it yet. There's one that comes on MBC called Strong Medicine which is good.

Relevance to the subject: I'm a night owl

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by NotSleeplessInCairo:
quote:
Originally posted by Wanderer:
after 68 years it became too much!

No way does it go on for 68 years?! [Eek!] I was hooked for seasons 1-2 and haven't gotten round to buying season 3!

For Sobriquet .... my past addictions were Grey's Anatomy (good if you like hospital drama) and OC (good if you like American trash which repeats itself over and over). I've heard that Heroes is a good one but I haven't seen it yet. There's one that comes on MBC called Strong Medicine which is good.

Relevance to the subject: I'm a night owl

I’m not really into ‘hospital dramas’ but I know Bill Clinton is because grey’s anatomy is his favorite show. I don’t think I’ll be into OC either but Heroes is something I thought about, have you seen some episodes and if so is it continuous or is every episode a new beginning?

Strong Medicine what is that? Hospital drama?

I am shocked at newcomer for saying that Lost is ‘unbelievable’, the storyline is tight just don’t focus on the mascara and fingernails then [Razz]

And Wanderer you stuck it out for 2 seasons and you’re going to give up now. I don’t want to divulge too much because I know we have some ‘losties’ here [Big Grin] , season 3 includes a flashfoward [Big Grin] … you know how all the episodes include flashbacks well season 3 includes a flashforward.

Oh and guess who in real life are lovers

Guess ?

Charlie and Kate [Eek!]

I almost choked/passed out when i learned this fact

CHARLIE AND KATE !!! [Big Grin] ... women they are indeed funny creatures

locale
Member # 12632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am SOOOO a night owl!! Always have been. Watch out if you try to screw with that...I don't do mornings and I cannot force myself to sleep before midnight. LOL
Posts: 210 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

My research has thus far yielded: 1- Heroes (credit to NSLIC). 2- Alias. 3- 4400

And I am seriously contemplating 4400. It includes a broad cast and the plot is continuous.

Here is the Synopsis for 4400:

Over the course of 50 years, fourty-four hundred people seemingly vanish under mysterious circumstances -- and just as mysteriously re-emerge one day, all at once. Not only have all these people returned not looking a day older than when they left, many have developed remarkable physical and psychic powers while they were gone. So what happened, and what does it mean for those who have to live with the returned?

I think one or two episodes daily during Ramadan would be great, to relax and chill to because Islamically it will be Amr Khalid and Omar Abdelkafy, those two Saudi guys and probably Qadarawi on TV and they’ll probably repeat whatever they said last year. I am sure there are a thousand more i am just listing some of the most popular ones.

And i detest Arabic soaps.

Well I am inclined and 4400 sounds good, anyone familiar with it?

Gigolo Buster
Member # 6153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigolo Buster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, wrong thread [Big Grin]
Posts: 20 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Gigolo Buster:
Sorry, wrong thread [Big Grin]

What kind of show is that? It sounds a little naughty for Ramadan [Razz]
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like Heroes. You do have to watch the episodes in sequential order, though. They build on one another.

But my secret favorite is Battlestar Galactica.

Nerd.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Om Bubblemouth:
I really like Heroes. You do have to watch the episodes in sequential order, though. They build on one another.

But my secret favorite is Battlestar Galactica.

Nerd.

I seek a sequential and continuous TV series and whatever I choose will be by way of obtaining an entire first season. I don’t play around, I want it A-Z. So you are really high on heroes is it continuous from season to season?
daria1975
Member # 6244

Yes, it is (so is Galactica!). [Big Grin]

Heroes is hard to describe. I want to dislike it, but I *have* to watch each week. I usually get surprised by plot twists, which is unusual for me. Most of the drivel they write for TV is so predictable.

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Om Bubblemouth:
Yes, it is (so is Galactica!). [Big Grin]

Heroes is hard to describe. I want to dislike it, but I *have* to watch each week. I usually get surprised by plot twists, which is unusual for me. Most of the drivel they write for TV is so predictable.

So how long you been an addict of heroes [Big Grin] and how long has it been running? You know an average season is only like 16 hours long without commercials and the weekly wait, so i could like watch 2-3 seasons during the month of Ramadan [Big Grin] thanks to DVD [Smile]
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sobriquet
have you watched prison break ? - numbers - bones

well iam exactly like you
Karah_Mia Go to bed around 1:30-2:00 AM during week, waking up around 7:30 AM. On weekends I can be up until dawn sleeping until 2-3:00 PM next day. I am definitely a "Cairo type"!

i go to bed little bit late around 3 or 4 am wake up at 8 am
during week end i sleep mostly 7 or 8 am
wake up around 1 pm or 2

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com