EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Visa Disappointment (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Visa Disappointment
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that's true ... [Frown]
Same here [Frown] [Frown] Normally my kids play outside all day long in their summerholidays but THIS is really an awfully wet summer.
To be honest, they feel bored a bit ... and I have run out of 'brilliant ideas' for making them have a great time.
Suggestions are always welcome [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
when my hubby visited last year and saw British rain he realised he had never seen rain before in his life lol

He kept telling me to slow down when I was driving and didn't want to go out. He couldn't believe it that my cousins had a barbeque in it. I told him if we stopped doing things in the UK because of rain NOTHING would ever happen [Big Grin]

My husband was the same - we had a huge storm here a few weeks ago and he had never seen anything like it in his life, and said it was how he imagined the Last Day would be!

I also remember him playing outside in absolute wonderment last year when he experienced his first snow! Cat, you've got all that to look forward to some day!
[Smile]

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was like that with my husband when he first came to Denmark. We had a LOT of rain and he just ran out the house and stood there in the poring rain smiling with his arm wide open and looking at us. Kids thought he had gone nuts. They know if it was them I would have become angry and told them to hurry in and get out of the wet close [Big Grin]
Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And BTW congrats on the visa Cat. I dont know why it has to be som much harder to get a visa to UK than the rest of EU. I hope you have a very nice holiday together and that he like it there. [Smile]
Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydotapple
Member # 13361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydotapple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are having the wettest summer too in the uk.
Posts: 212 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other half was so envious of the couple of days of snow we had this year. He really wanted to experience it! Don't know how he'd like the weeks of rain that passes for summer though!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we had a bad storm last night here as well
but we never get floodin where i live i sometimes miss it

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydotapple
Member # 13361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydotapple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have the great flood here in the uk at the moment..
Posts: 212 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
Same here [Frown] [Frown] Normally my kids play outside all day long in their summerholidays but THIS is really an awfully wet summer.
To be honest, they feel bored a bit ... and I have run out of 'brilliant ideas' for making them have a great time.

You should PM Shebah, she is really creative with activities for kids. [Smile]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CatTheCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He has asked if he'll get to see snow - I thought it was a ridiculous question but with floods in July, who knows what August will bring!!!!
Posts: 69 | From: Warwickshire - UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CatTheCat:
He has asked if he'll get to see snow - I thought it was a ridiculous question but with floods in July, who knows what August will bring!!!!

Could you take him to one of those artificial snow things or failing that an ice rink. That should put him off lol

My hubby found the pennine road between yorks and lace a big highlight. He loved the green of England but found it puzzling there were no rivers (by his standards) and rain did it all But he was fascinated by little things like paying for parking and traffic reports on the radio. We also did the ferry across the Mersey as a contrast to the ferry in Luxor. He found the size of homes a shock, he thought we were all in mansions. One set of friends who have a tiny ex council house were a big eye opener to him. His family house is much bigger.

Getting halal meat was ok but he thought it tasted funny (he does not like foreign food). We found an halal Indian which he liked a lot. But basically he seemed to live of cheese and tomato pizza. I took him to Edgware road and we bought sandwiches at an Egyptian run shop but he was disgusted it was Egyptian Christians. So you can think you are doing well by connecting him with things from home but they aren't exactly the same so don't get your hopes up. Much better to just stick to foreign things and know it is wrong lol

Expect loads of shopping as he will have to bring lots of presents back. Try EBay for bargains even before he gets here. Nice scarfs for the ladies or well fitting bras. Clothes for kids and men(second hand and charity shops). They love designer things so find your local market stall with fakes.

It will be a fascinating time for you showing him the UK, TESCOS will blow his mind.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Could you take him to one of those artificial snow things or failing that an ice rink. That should put him off lol

No, no, no [Big Grin]

Akshar is normally full of very sound advice, but whatever you do, DON'T take him to an ice rink unless you want to spend several hours in A&E -I'm talking from personal experience [Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by get_over_it:
quote:
quote:

No, no, no [Big Grin]

Akshar is normally full of very sound advice, but whatever you do, DON'T take him to an ice rink unless you want to spend several hours in A&E -I'm talking from personal experience [Big Grin] [Razz]

Sounds like a story that needs telling, go on spill the beans
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

I don't think my husband would ever forgive me if I told you quite how we managed to spend 3 hours in casualty...

Let's just say that a weekend in Oxford didn't turn out quite as planned, and my own mini-Bambi will NEVER be taking to the ice again. [Wink]

If only he'd listened to me when I told him it wasn't quite as easy as it looked! [Big Grin]

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by get_over_it:
I don't think my husband would ever forgive me if I told you quite how we managed to spend 3 hours in casualty...

Let's just say that a weekend in Oxford didn't turn out quite as planned, and my own mini-Bambi will NEVER be taking to the ice again. [Wink]

If only he'd listened to me when I told him it wasn't quite as easy as it looked! [Big Grin]

lol

Well as you can see Cat, bringing him over for a visit could be fraught with all sorts of problems you wouldn't expect

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, you're thinking of all the sites you can take them, when in reality your everyday life will fascinate him. Mine's told me he needs to see Tescos!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CatTheCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'll be working while he's here so I'm more than happy for him to do the Tesco shop while I'm out all day!!
Posts: 69 | From: Warwickshire - UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL think about that one Cat, you could end up with a very big bill and some very stange purchases.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:

You should PM Shebah, she is really creative with activities for kids. [Smile]
I just saw this. Thanks Alchemist. [Smile]
Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
LOL think about that one Cat, you could end up with a very big bill and some very stange purchases.

True! I gave up taking my husband up on his kind offer to do the shop himself after a number of really random purchases - I think he was just putting things in the basket so I could tell him what they were when he got home!

Now we order our week's grocery shopping online and have it delivered. One time, the week's shopping arrived when my husband was on the internet talking to his family on webcam - and the whole order was unpacked in front of the camera, with each item held up and the price announced, to lots of headshaking "6 LE for milk? 10 LE for lettuce?" [Razz] [Razz] Never again... [Wink]

Let's just say Cat, your time together here is going to be a very interesting and eye-opening experience for both of you! Have you got a date yet?

CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
Looks like he won't be coming until mid October - after Ramadan. Wish it was sooner but he's got work he can't get out of at the beginning of September... At least he's coming!
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Well it might have dried out by then

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 11 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well it might have dried out by then

Yes, by the middle of next week England will be in to the 'worst drought ever in the history of the universe', hosepipe bans and speed restrictions because of the 'wrong kind of sunshine' on the trains [Wink]
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uklady:
Don't be to disheartened it is possible I will PM you!

PM me too please, I got rejected too cause I forgot to have an English partner in the first place ... [Frown]

[Wink]

Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brendaandakram
Member # 14139

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brendaandakram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i need an e mail addy for the british embassy

--------------------
brenda Zahran

Posts: 52 | From: belfast ireland | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if its about a visa i found this one
www.visa.cairo@fco.gov.uk

Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
that is not a correct email address lol

Contact Details:
British Embassy
7, Ahmed Ragheb Street
Garden City, Cairo

Telephone:
00 2 02 2794 0852

Consular Fax:
00 2 02 2794 3065

Visa Fax:
00 2 02 2795 1235

E-mails:
consular.cairo@fco.gov.uk
visa.cairo@fco.gov.uk

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol sorry wasnt thinkin i wrote the www first lol
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com