EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » any americans with egyptian husbands in the us?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: any americans with egyptian husbands in the us?
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for tinakamal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey i need yals help when ur busbands got here if they know english typein or readin and canyt speak english was it hard for them to find work???he thinks it will be easy but where i live noone speaks arabic any insights???
Posts: 179 | From: iowa usa | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz
Member # 13525

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your Egyptian husband will practice English conversation with you, and he will be 'number 1 English conversationalist' lol do not worry! Egyptians pick up English when they have no choice..and then it will be great if he types and reads like you...don't you think? [Confused] [Wink]
Posts: 215 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinakamal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i hope he will when i met him he did not know 1 word of english
so he went to college to learn english to chat to me i was so proud of him
he is the sweetest man
now me learnin arabic its so much harder cas i learned spanish in 4 months arabic is not english letters
to me looks like scribbles
cas my lang is english lol no offence
but that is how my eyes see it
i can talk arabic cas its kind like spanish with rrrrrrr and stuff i just aint use to all the kkkkkk
huka like thinks like that
lol will take some time cas we dont have arabic classes here where i live heck no arabs

--------------------
 -

Posts: 179 | From: iowa usa | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz
Member # 13525

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can learn Arabic from him then! He took English courses to be able to converse with you, that is so sweet. GOOD for u!! and good for him he wants to improve and get in a better situation.Good luck [Wink]
Posts: 215 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinakamal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks

--------------------
 -

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will let ya know when i manage to get my husband here, but he speaks and writes english very well.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
coool
did u teach him english or he learned on his own u would think it would be so hard for them but infact its acturally so easy within a month he was chattin good english i was so supprised at how smart them men are

--------------------
 -

foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tinakamal:
hey i need yals help when ur busbands got here if they know english typein or readin and canyt speak english was it hard for them to find work???he thinks it will be easy but where i live noone speaks arabic any insights???

Maybe you & your husband can practice your english together?? [Big Grin]

Personally, I would never marry a man that I could not fully communicate with. My Jordanian husband taught himself english when he was 10 or 11. His english is exceptional. He can read, write and speak it with no problems and we have no communication issues whatsoever.

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
he knows english now just he cant speak it yet its really brokin up and before i met him i see i alway chatted different now we chat in brokin english and it becomes a habbit alot of my friends tell me u sure yr still american i dont see it but they do

--------------------
 -

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am learning Arabic with this program. http://www.byki.com/FLSIndPage.pl?Lang=GA11&engine=adwords!9236&keyword=before+you+know+it&match_type=&gclid=CLqkp_zkp40CFRE4OAodij35zw
You can down load a free version to try. It's pretty good, IMHO.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
ya but the problem with that is like that proper and maybe different tehn how they speack like here we have mexicans
and the school teaches proper spanish
but we speack slang spanish so its better to learn from the people them selves insted of a program my opinion im learnin a little i just cant read it lol
thanks for that info dear

--------------------
 -

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<and then it will be great if he types and reads like you...don't you think?>

[Eek!] [Big Grin] [Eek!]

<i can talk arabic cas its kind like spanish with rrrrrrr>

My native language is Spanish and i can assure you that it has nothing to do with Arabic

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz
Member # 13525

Rate Member
u seem to 'speack slang with everything' lol you are a funny little devil you. ur husband will learn slang 'speacking' soon enough lol lol
here is Egyptian slang for you: fodoha seera lol lol lol

tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
food what hahah did u just say food in the desert lol

--------------------
 -

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If u cam to Lahndn, like, n just lurnt inglish like, like wot we speek it here n din lurn propu inglish,like, inni', it wun get yu very far wuld it, inni'?
'sbe'er to lurn propa as well as slang inni'.

All to the accompaniment of numerous shoulder movements [Big Grin]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
that sucks to read hahahahahahah english plz

--------------------
 -

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

It is English - that's how many Londoners speak English! My aim was to demonstrate that learning the formal language as well as the slang language has much to recommend it! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I think you're missing the point, dear. Perhaps if you brush up on your own English then you can teach your hubby to be. You wouldn't want him to think that the way you write (I'm hoping you don't speak like that as well) is the proper way....otherwise forget about getting a good job.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
no i do not speak like that
lol i speak better then that just sometimes i like spelling like that cas i like it noone always has to be perfect right???
but you see how people act when you are
not perfect in english they assume you are american
when i type fast i misspell so bad because i am in a hurry i am always doing something
but anyways is this better english for you people???

--------------------
 -

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha you are fun tina, anyway, no i didnt teach my husband english, he learned long before i met him i am sure. I did teach a hispanic person english a couple years back, lol that was trick since i dont speak spanish at all. Funny though they learn english so fast and i still do not know spanish and they are now fluent in english??? I am learning how to speak arabic but writing and reading it, hmm that is going to take some years. I think i will concentrate on speaking it first. I wish you luck in your adventures with this.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
thanks alot spnaish was so easy to learn since none spoke english
pointing out things was the way to go
now arabic ewwwwwwww
thats gonna take me a while cas i have brain farts every once in a while
im scared to forget english lol
sometimes i catch myself speakin spanish and english in the same sentence and the look at me like what the heck are u talkin about hahahaha
im with u it will take yrs to learn to wirte arabic but in the end its better to learn different languages especiall for work
there are so many possibilities in egypt in sure for an american that speaks both languages

--------------------
 -

doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
no i do not speak like that
lol i speak better then that just sometimes i like spelling like that cas i like it noone always has to be perfect right???

Well of course no one has to be perfect, but since we are typing and reading instead of talking and listening it behooves one to write as effectively for the reader as possible. Otherwise it's just too annoying to read.

And I hope that the world does not assume that everyone who writes like that is American, but I'm sad to say you're probably right. Sad state of affairs I must say. [Frown]

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com