EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » How do you express yourself?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you express yourself?
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marriage is always difficult but so is keeping love and romance alive. I know we have many married men and women on this forum so I wanted your ideas. What do you do to express yourself to your husband/wife and show them you care? I will begin with three things, feel free to add:

1.Buy him a greeting card, kiss him on the cheek and hand it to him.
2.At least once a month, make him his favorite meal.
3.Act like you did before you were married.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More thoughts:

* While he's making wudu lay out his prayer rug to be ready for him to pray.
* Put little notes in his lunch or wallet to tell him what he means to you and/or how proud you are of him.
* Going shopping for yourself? Pick something up for him, men like surprises too. [Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
* I send him an sms wishing him a nice working-day.

* I buy chocolate each time I go to a shop cause he's addicted to it, but he claims he is not [Wink]

* I say 'woooowwww' if he has beaten his own record at the playstation [Wink] and is sooooo happy about this ... (lol)

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:

* I say 'woooowwww' if he has beaten his own record at the playstation [Wink] and is sooooo happy about this ... (lol)

LOL omg I have to remember this, my husband is constantly trying to beat his football (soccer) score. [Smile] Honestly, though that's really sweet because you know we could care less. [Wink]
[Smile]

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe a little TMI but I send naughty text messages to him while at work. Then he has something to look forward to in the evening. [Wink]

I make sure to buy his favorites snacks when I go shopping (mainly chocolate and Cheetos).

We never part without kisses, hugs and "I love yous".

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Cook Rice
2) Cook Rice
3) Cook Rice

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tell my husband how much I appreciate him...probably almost every day...so does that make it less effective? [Big Grin]

I tell him he's a wonderful father and that I hope our son grows up to be as strong and compassionate as he is. He doesn't say much when I say these things, but sometimes the comments come up again and I can tell he's proud that I'm proud of him.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Marriage is always difficult but so is keeping love and romance alive. I know we have many married men and women on this forum so I wanted your ideas. What do you do to express yourself to your husband/wife and show them you care? I will begin with three things, feel free to add:

What a great topic. I think keeping the love alive is one of the most important things in the world. i think its the little things we do for each other in our everyday life that shows how much we really care for each other. Like last night when hubbys was in the shower after football practice i opend a nice bottle of redwine and made a plate of fresh fruit and chokolates and we sat holding hands on the sofa and talked and watched movies half of the night.

We also have a rule about going out for romantic dinner once a month alone (without the kids). last time we even danced [Eek!] [Big Grin] at a very very cosy musicbar where they played a lot of good music.

I also sometimes put little notes in his lunchbox saying: have a nice day my love,- i love you and look forward to spent the rest of my life with you [Smile] disgustingly romantic i know.... [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow !! so nice ...

This is indeed a great topic !! so I hope lots of nice and romantic people will add their comments [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i sing to him goodnight songs,
kiss him a million times every day,
send a load of texts each day,
play around, running round the table after each other,
just none stop love words`
Tell him every moment hes the most beautiful person on the earth, and he has the most precious amazing eyes i ever saw,
Give my life up for his love

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Why do I want to run a mile when people get romantic and slushy?...yuk

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the commonest ways of expressing my feelings is by calling out “yallah come here already”, while I am chilling and just laying down doing nothing. I love to hug and I love to cuddle and I express myself that way the best. It is beautiful and we both enjoy it so much that most times we literally forget the world along with our troubles, our families and everything else in it.

That and of course the way I interact. I can be serious but most times I express myself by having fun with her, sometimes when she’s alone in the kitchen i’ll go in there and just hang out with her, basically talking about the simplest, littlest, most mundane everyday things.

It is a routine but it’s beautiful and it works, the cuddling only gets warmer and the conversations are always fun.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
you seem like a really nice man ...
Just wouldn't want you in my kitchen, by times there is heat enough there ... [Wink] [Wink]

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because some ppl go to far. I love my husband dearly but I wouldn't give my life for his love. I'd give him the bigger piece of cake or something like that though. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Why do I want to run a mile when people get romantic and slushy?...yuk

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karemo7
Member # 386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karemo7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

good issue smucker
Posts: 367 | From: cairo , egypt | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karemo7
Member # 386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karemo7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
i sing to him goodnight songs,
kiss him a million times every day,
send a load of texts each day,
play around, running round the table after each other,
just none stop love words`
Tell him every moment hes the most beautiful person on the earth, and he has the most precious amazing eyes i ever saw,
Give my life up for his love

you expressed your self 100 %
you amazing me [Wink]

Posts: 367 | From: cairo , egypt | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mother War:
[QB] Because some ppl go too far. I love my husband dearly but I wouldn't give my life for his love. I'd give him the bigger piece of cake or something like that though. [Smile]

I think it is all very personal ... Giving my husband the bigger piece of cake would be going too far for me [Wink] [Wink]
(or maybe that's just because I like it so much myself [Wink] )

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just being there if either of you has had a bad day is just as important, knowing you have support is maybe not romantic but very reassuring.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be his the one and only Angel in this life and after this life. He always says that I'm an angel! Inshaallah [Smile]
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJambi
Member # 13261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a problem with marriage. i was married one time to an egyptian man who was so terrible and abusive that i am literally against marriage. i tried to relite our fire but when i tried to kiss him or whatever, i couldnt get myself to do it. i hated him so bad by the end that the thought of touching this man (who in fact was gorgeous but a monster on the outside) made me sick. that and the fact that he didnt brush his teeth everyday.<<<normal egyptian man habit.
everything is always fine when you are dating but then once the vows are said, something changes. i think this is why in sweden, nobody gets married, they just live together and have a million kids and they are always happy.

Posts: 229 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com