EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Is there an air of happiness, and air of love or something like that?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is there an air of happiness, and air of love or something like that?
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This will probably sound weird but have you experienced such a sensation. I don’t mean being in-Love or being happy but literally a certain atmosphere that radiates from the city you live in.

I used to always enjoy this sensation around the time seasons changed, especially summer to autumn and winter to spring. But some cities also give off such a feeling and it’s a nice feeling. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The Peoplê
Member # 13480

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The Peoplê         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No
Posts: 194 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you're talking about but it's not really an air of love or anything. It's mostly just a feeling I get when seasons change. The smell in the air is different, the weather is different. It's a sense of excitement that something new is happening. Autumn is my favorite season. I love the smell in the air, the crispness of the autumn breeze, the changing colors of the leaves, etc. Also, the happy memories of certain seasons rush back to me at certain times of the year. For example, the beginning of the summer reminds me of being pregnant with my first son and getting ready for his upcoming birth.

Is that what you're talking about?

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The Peoplê
Member # 13480

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The Peoplê         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mother War:
I know what you're talking about but it's not really an air of love or anything. It's mostly just a feeling I get when seasons change. The smell in the air is different, the weather is different. It's a sense of excitement that something new is happening. Autumn is my favorite season. I love the smell in the air, the crispness of the autumn breeze, the changing colors of the leaves, etc. Also, the happy memories of certain seasons rush back to me at certain times of the year. For example, the beginning of the summer reminds me of being pregnant with my first son and getting ready for his upcoming birth.

No
Posts: 194 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mother War:

Yes MW, more or less, yes [Smile] and especially this part:

“The smell in the air is different, the weather is different. It's a sense of excitement that something new is happening”

Some cities also give off this vibrancy and I know Cairo is one of them.

Auto maybe it's the kool-aid .Ahahahahaah [Big Grin]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydotapple
Member # 13361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydotapple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spring is my favoite time of the year..
Posts: 212 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's just seasons but also time of day, I drove through Cairo at 5 Oclock in the morning recently, and there was an amazing feeling to the city. It was quite misty across the Nile and the sun had just come up. Yes definitely an air of happiness at the start of another new day.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 14 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
I don't think it's just seasons but also time of day, I drove through Cairo at 5 Oclock in the morning recently, and there was an amazing feeling to the city. It was quite misty across the Nile and the sun had just come up. Yes definitely an air of happiness at the start of another new day.

Yes! And so true! Some cities give off such an air of vibrancy/happiness. The sweet spot as Penny pointed out for chaotic Cairo is definitely a little after dawn.

That's what i was getting at. Certain times and certain cities give off an air of happiness a feeling that is independent of our general happiness or lack of happiness.

So one formula is:

certain city (X) + time of day or certain month(s) (Y) = Momentary feelings of happiness (Z)

cocktail
Member # 13524

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cocktail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i miss Cairo, i often felt something in the air, it would put a spelll on me [Smile]
Posts: 91 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That thing you felt was smog and pollution. [Big Grin]

Sorry for those of you who love Cairo...I find it wretched.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this feeling! A couple of weeks ago, I woke up around 7:00 and it seemed like my neighborhood was deserted. There were no dogs barking, no kids screaming outside, no lawn mowers... It was the most peaceful feeling. The clarity of thought was intense. This lasted for a couple of hours... very unusual. And sometimes when I am awake into the wee hours of the morning, I experience the same thing. All I hear is the silence outside interrupted by the crickets. I'll have to stay up late tonight just to experience it again!
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about, but I think each city gives off a unique vibe. I really like Cairo -- it feels so much more alive. When I come home I miss it. Home is super-clean but feels very sanitized. I feel very *removed* from people when I come back home, and it's not the best feeling in the world. Hard to describe.

That's how I feel about my new city, too. It's much more suburban than my old one, and I miss the constant hustle and bustle. It was more crowded in Alexandria (VA, not Egypt), but people were also nicer and warmer. Here people seem encased in their own little worlds and don't give a flying **** about anyone else.

Probably closer to what you were describing, I can be driving down a highway in Maryland, but if the sun is right, it reminds me of Egypt. Even though the landscape is *completely* different. Or if the day is warm but dry (no humidity), even though it's nowhere near as hot as Egypt, it reminds me of it.

In the fall, I am reminded by the smell of the leaves of college and most school years. I used to love going back to school in September. [Smile]

All of those bring back good feelings.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Trollin':
I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about, but I think each city gives off a unique vibe. I really like Cairo -- it feels so much more alive. When I come home I miss it. Home is super-clean but feels very sanitized. I feel very *removed* from people when I come back home, and it's not the best feeling in the world. Hard to describe.

That's how I feel about my new city, too. It's much more suburban than my old one, and I miss the constant hustle and bustle. It was more crowded in Alexandria (VA, not Egypt), but people were also nicer and warmer. Here people seem encased in their own little worlds and don't give a flying **** about anyone else.

Probably closer to what you were describing, I can be driving down a highway in Maryland, but if the sun is right, it reminds me of Egypt. Even though the landscape is *completely* different. Or if the day is warm but dry (no humidity), even though it's nowhere near as hot as Egypt, it reminds me of it.

In the fall, I am reminded by the smell of the leaves of college and most school years. I used to love going back to school in September. [Smile]

All of those bring back good feelings.

It doesn’t really matter snoozin’, I think each one here who answered summed it up in their own words including you. It’s happiness and a feeling of satisfaction with your environment (area where you live). I’ll be damned if I don’t live in a city that doesn’t offer such a sensation.

I don’t care for memories (all though I really do), I don’t care about the past – I want to know what this world and this society can offer towards my happiness. I pick up trash that’s not my own so I’m doing my bit. Seriously though guys some cities are wonderful and personally my personal disposition would be stressed if I lived somewhere that didn’t afford me happiness. I am not talking about happiness from family, etc. I am talking about happiness from the environment. I believe we must be at peace with our environment in order to be happy completely. I lived in London several months in the best area (Westminster off edgeware road) and I never felt such a sensation. I mean no disrespect to anyone living there I am simply expressing myself.

So the question should be does your environment give you an air of peace and happiness?

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
It’s happiness and a feeling of satisfaction with your environment (area where you live). I’ll be damned if I don’t live in a city that doesn’t offer such a sensation.

...Seriously though guys some cities are wonderful and personally my personal disposition would be stressed if I lived somewhere that didn’t afford me happiness. I am not talking about happiness from family, etc. I am talking about happiness from the environment. I believe we must be at peace with our environment in order to be happy completely.

If only life was that simple!
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com