EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Single and looking....?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Single and looking....?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagine you are still single (well some of you probably are) and you really want to change this fact. By posting an ad you are hoping to get the opposite gender interested in you. So how would your personal ad look like?

This thread is for creative heads! I am hoping for some fun stuff to read! I am also looking forward for a contribution from VB, please!!!!

Now come on and don't be shy, present yourself to us! Who's first? [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Tigerlily!

Risky post, but I'm intrigued. As fate would have it, I am still single... and currently looking. I'm not sure exactly how I would word my personal ad, but I think honesty is the key. I mean, if I lie about who I am and what I look like, guys are going to discover the real me eventually anyway. [Cool]

Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gail:
Hey, Tigerlily!

Risky post, but I'm intrigued. As fate would have it, I am still single... and currently looking. I'm not sure exactly how I would word my personal ad, but I think honesty is the key. I mean, if I lie about who I am and what I look like, guys are going to discover the real me eventually anyway. [Cool]

The problem is, Gail, that chaps will assume you are exaggerating your qualities (same as with CVs), so if you say 'I am very attractive' most blokes will think you mean 'You won't be embarrassed to be seen with me in public' whereas if you put 'I am averagely attractive' blokes will think you mean 'You will probably need beer goggles when we meet'.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oldbag ~ That's SO funny. You're right though. Because so many people embellish, we can't help but be skeptical. I was browsing on a "social" website yesterday and saw an old boyfriend's profile. He lied about his age by five years! Please! I think people who just want to hook-up will do that, but people who want to find a long-term relationship really need to be honest.
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Genuine antique English treasure chest, 48", in need of care and attention from loving owner [Big Grin]
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by Gail:
oldbag ~ That's SO funny. You're right though. Because so many people embellish, we can't help but be skeptical. I was browsing on a "social" website yesterday and saw an old boyfriend's profile. He lied about his age by five years! Please! I think people who just want to hook-up will do that, but people who want to find a long-term relationship really need to be honest.

I confess to using an online dating site many many moons ago. I asked for at least 5ft 10" in your socks, full head of hair, non-smoker, minimum size 10 feet, and what I was confronted with was balding, smoker, 5ft 8" with yacky tinsy winsy size 8 feet. Bleurgh. I expect he was highly impressed with his 'statuesque blonde' though [Wink]

(didn't say what statue did I
http://www.miketodd.net/pictures/pics/statues.jpg

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of questionmarks seeks somebody who is ready to give all the answers...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow ! nice one [Wink]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out who you should try to avoid if your looking in the us www.dontdatehimgirl.com funny site. I guess there are some bad people in every country-not just Egypt.
Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m young, dumb and handsome. I love women, I love sex, I love sports and I love traveling. I also love great food and for dinner I just ate a little hummus, a little fuul, a little eggs, a little yogurt, some olives and a whole lot of olive oil.

My dinner says it all, I love variety, so if you can keep up, give me a call. I seek a sexy ass chick who is down and is ready to see the world.

Yours truly,

Sobriquet

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<who is down >

Who is down in what??? [Confused]

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:
<who is down >

it's a fun thread yet you somehow manage to always take the fun out of my posts.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
quote:
<who is down >

it's a fun thread yet you somehow manage to always take the fun out of my posts.

[Roll Eyes]

Sash, "down" is an American slang term meaning the person is "down for whatever", basically meaning the person is willing to do anything, go anywhere, etc. A spontaneous type of person if you will. [Smile]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
Sash, "down" is an American slang term meaning the person is "down for whatever", basically meaning the person is willing to do anything, go anywhere, etc. A spontaneous type of person if you will. [Smile] [/QB]

In the UK we have a similar phrase but 'up' - we would say 'up for it' instead of 'down for whatever'.
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I’m young, dumb and handsome. I love women, I love sex, I love sports and I love traveling. I also love great food and for dinner I just ate a little hummus, a little fuul, a little eggs, a little yogurt, some olives and a whole lot of olive oil.

My dinner says it all, I love variety, so if you can keep up, give me a call. I seek a sexy ass chick who is down and is ready to see the world.

Yours truly,

Sobriquet

''My dinner says it all'' [Roll Eyes] Yeah, he is wearing a three course meal on his tie. [Big Grin]

It is obvious that it's a fun post, as a guy stating the above wouldn't have a chance in hell of attracting sane, attractive female attention. [Smile] It just screams, 'Type of guy who is adept at one-handed typing.' [Eek!]

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never placed and ad, but I've put up a profile before. Not necessarily to find someone to date, but just to meet lots of different women.

If I had to place an ad though, it would look like this:

"Tall, handsome, intelligent, athletic male of mixed descent seeks attractive female for friendship, and possibly more.

Must be a non smoker, healthy, fit, open-minded, intelligent and with a sense of humor. Preferably non religious (but Spiritual), and no children.

Must also have a strong sex drive."

A picture would have to be enclosed, otherwise they would be suspicious that I wasn't what I claimed to be.

Honestly though, I could never see myself placing an ad. If I wanted a serious relationship, I'd find one in real life or go to E-Harmony or something..

~Alistair

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
<who is down >

Down underneath the dining table doing...... [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by Prince of Nothing:
I've never placed and ad, but I've put up a profile before. Not necessarily to find someone to date, but just to meet lots of different women.

If I had to place an ad though, it would look like this:

"Tall, handsome, intelligent, athletic male of mixed descent seeks attractive female for friendship, and possibly more.

Must be a non smoker, healthy, fit, open-minded, intelligent and with a sense of humor. Preferably non religious (but Spiritual), and no children.

A picture would have to be enclosed, otherwise they would be suspicious that I wasn't what I claimed to be.

Honestly though, I could never see myself placing an ad. If I wanted a serious relationship, I'd find one in real life or go to E-Harmony or something..

~Alistair

Get your coat, you've pulled [Big Grin]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Seriously I'd be way too shy to write this.... (blush)
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oldbag:

Pulled? [Confused]

~Alistair

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seem to remember I posted this before. It was a funny sent to me WWW.Adult Dating.com.. Your dating ad has been on our web site for 19 weeks now, without any reply! Do you want us to try 1 week without a picture!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
quote:

Pulled? [Confused]

~Alistair

Sorry Alistair I assumed from your name you were British so would be familiar with the term.
In Britain, if you successfully manage to attract a member of the opposite sex (or same depending on your inclinations) its called 'to pull'.
Gangs of blokes or women go out 'on the pull' (ie to discos or whatever with the aim of landing a person of the opposite species to spend some time together). There's a standard English jest to say to someone 'get your coat, you've pulled' if they've done something intended to impress.
Don't jokes die when you have to explain them [Frown]

Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

Why? Sex is important, and some people have stronger libidos than others.

Why risk the chance of attracting a woman with a much weaker sex drive, which would only cause problems later down the road?

Although, to be honest, I can't say that I've ever had a woman with a weak sex drive.

I've found that the women who claim they don't really like sex, are those that have had alot of lousy, inconsiderate lovers and as a result, they think sex isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Once they get a good one though, they turn into nymphomaniacs [Big Grin]

~Alistair

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

Why? Sex is important, and some people have stronger libidos than others.

Why risk the chance of attracting a woman with a much weaker sex drive, which would only cause problems later down the road?

Although, to be honest, I can't say that I've ever had a woman with a weak sex drive.

I've found that the women who claim they don't really like sex, are those that have had alot of lousy, inconsiderate lovers and as a result, they think sex isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Once they get a good one though, they turn into nymphomaniacs [Big Grin]

~Alistair

Now you have seriously pulled [Razz]
Ironborn
Member # 12020

quote:
Sorry Alistair I assumed from your name you were British so would be familiar with the term.
In Britain, if you successfully manage to attract a member of the opposite sex (or same depending on your inclinations) its called 'to pull'.
Gangs of blokes or women go out 'on the pull' (ie to discos or whatever with the aim of landing a person of the opposite species to spend some time together). There's a standard English jest to say to someone 'get your coat, you've pulled' if they've done something intended to impress.
Don't jokes die when you have to explain them [Frown]

I figured British lingo was involved.. [Razz]

I'm American but I lived in the U.K when I was younger for awhile.

Never heard the term "pulled" before though.

Must be contemporary British lingo. [Wink]

~Alistair

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:

Never heard the term "pulled" before though.

Must be contemporary British lingo. [Wink]

~Alistair

A useful guide to British slang!

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/p.htm (Don't look if you are under 18).

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
<who is down >

[Roll Eyes]

Listen,if you believe that,sorry for you,but i asked because i really did not undertand the meaning [Roll Eyes] [Mad]

...and thank for answering me,Alchemist.

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
quote:

Yours truly,

Sobriquet

''My dinner says it all'' [Roll Eyes] Yeah, he is wearing a three course meal on his tie. [Big Grin]

It is obvious that it's a fun post, as a guy stating the above wouldn't have a chance in hell of attracting sane, attractive female attention. [Smile] It just screams, 'Type of guy who is adept at one-handed typing.' [Eek!]

Ahhh,Saywhatyousee...you always manage to spot the real intention !!!! [Big Grin] [Wink]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women's Personal Ads

40-ish...Really means...48

Athletic...Really means...Flat-chested.

Average looking...Really means...Ugly.

Beautiful...Really means...Pathological liar.

Educated...Really means...College dropout.

Emotionally Secure...Really means...Medicated.

Feminist...Really means...Fat; ball buster.

Free spirit...Really means...Drug user.

Friendship first...Really means...Trying to live down reputation as sl*t.

Fun...Really means...Annoying.

Good Listener...Really means...Borderline Autistic.

New-Age...Really means...All body hair, all the time.

Old-fashioned...Really means...Lights out, missionary position only.

Open-minded...Really means...Desperate.

Outgoing...Really means...Loud.

Poet...Really means...Depressive Schizophrenic.

Professional...Really means...Real Witch.

Redhead...Really means...Shops the Clairol section.

Reubenesque...Really means...Grossly Fat.

Romantic...Really means...Looks better by candle light.

Weight proportional to height...Really means...Hugely Fat.

Wants Soulmate...Really means...One step away from stalking.

Widow...Really means...Nagged first husband to death.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my personal ad:

SWF, obnoxious, silly, pierced, tattooed, insane, hormonally unbalanced, rollerblading, sushi-eating, cartoon-watching redhead from Hell, seeks Vlad.

My neck is all yours. BITE ME. [Big Grin]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
my personal ad:

SWF, obnoxious, silly, pierced, tattooed, insane, hormonally unbalanced, rollerblading, sushi-eating, cartoon-watching redhead from Hell, seeks Vlad.

My neck is all yours. BITE ME. [Big Grin]

be careful Smuckers some members here might just take your ad seriously and have a go at you. [Big Grin]

Personally i love the "BITE ME" part - I want me some of that! [Embarrassed] I would definitely answer your AD [Big Grin]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Smile] Good lord no, it's NOT the real me. [Smile]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
young at heart

Member # 10365

Rate Member posted July 24, 2007 06:37 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seem to remember I posted this before. It was a funny sent to me WWW.Adult Dating.com.. Your dating ad has been on our web site for 19 weeks now, without any reply! Do you want us to try 1 week without a picture!

priceless [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hitman
Member # 13360

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hitman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
even when I have a gf ..I feel that I am single [Big Grin] ..... lol ...sometimes I feel my ex gf took advantage of me ..hehehehe ...took what they want and bye bye .,..hehe poor me
Posts: 235 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to Oldbag

Thanks for the link to 'British slang'

Interesting ... now I will finally understand what my pupils write in their English essays ... lol

[Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serene Advocate
Member # 13882

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Serene Advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Genuine antique English treasure chest, 48", in need of care and attention from loving owner [Big Grin]

Hey good one Oldbag you could be
describing me u forgot to add whether your in good working order.....lol

Posts: 24 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by Serene Advocate:
quote:

Hey good one Oldbag you could be
describing me u forgot to add whether your in good working order.....lol

Hinges all well-oiled [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com