EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Your days are fast or slow (think about it)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your days are fast or slow (think about it)
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A- “Physical time is public time, the time that clocks are designed to measure. Psychological time is private time. It is perhaps best understood as awareness of physical time. Psychological time passes swiftly for us while we are enjoying reading a book, but it slows dramatically if we are waiting anxiously for the water to boil on the stove. The slowness is probably due to focusing our attention on shorter intervals of physical time.”

Source: http://www.iep.utm.edu/t/time.htm#H2

B- “Time will be shortened so that a year will be like a month, a month like a day, a day like an hour."

Source: Prophet Muhammad (saw) Re: Signs of the last hour (end of civilization as we know it). http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/pillars/signsofthelasthour.html
It is supported in authentic traditions including Sahih Bukari and Sahih Muslim

When I was a kid it seemed like my days were slow even when I was having fun. Now the days are flying by and sometimes I could only wish for them to slow down. July was a blur.

So how are your days, fast or slow?

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it’s time to sleep now that’s for sure but for those of you who choose to reply, think about it. My argument is not that the world is coming to an end, my contention is that time to me at least is moving faster now as opposed to several years ago. Philosophers will argue that time is relative and I agree, especially with regards to our circumstances and anticipations.

However I believe the Universe as a whole, time wise is moving slightly faster and I know this contradicts ‘public time’ and so I’ll leave this open to debate ….

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting questions.
[Smile]

Right now "my" time is passing the slowest in memory, waiting for the trip.

In general, I would agree or say that it seems as if time passes faster these days, however maybe that's something that is felt as we age?

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My days pass so fast, and i always think that I still dont have enough time for relax. [Frown]
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I think time passes more slowly for kids. I remember thinking of the beginning of each summer vacation as a lifetime. And now it passes so quickly.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The older ppl get, the faster time seems to be.
I don`t know why, maybe it`s because the part "history" and "memory" takes a larger part, while the part "future" gets smaller and smaller.
A child has only future in front, the part about memory and history is limited.
All our expierences together are based on the parts history and memory. It has made us as we are right now. We have learned from it. At the same time we have gotten more awareness, about all what`s behind, and all what might happen to us in the future.
This awareness, together with personal skills as intellengence, makes ur having notion of that everything what will happen, is temporary. No matter what will happen, it`s a period, there is only one certainty: death.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time when i am in the states away from my husband passes very slowly then when i am here with him it flies past. Its hard to believe i have been here for nearly 48 hours already. Time to stop time lol.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydotapple
Member # 13361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydotapple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My time is going slowly because Iam on a weeks hoilday from work. [Big Grin]
Posts: 212 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com