EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » what a man wants (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: what a man wants
Just me
Member # 13160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or at least i will speak about me
ok i want a friend before anything else
a true friend, best friend, sharing enjoying everything single moment together, being together sharing same values minds likes and dislikes not saying to a 100% complete but at least 70%

caring, passionate and well i like the women weakness, it's not a real weakness, it's like the baby weakness, you just can't stand a baby crying or doing any harm to them i think women or some of them are like babies, grown up mature serious yet vulnerable inside and needs to always fall arms for safety & comfort
i want a woman who would let me take care of her as much as i can, nothing wrong with that and doesn't mean she can't take care of her self but she will take care of me, each in his own way taking care of each other.

well i can go own till eternity here about my dream
so lets read from someone else

Posts: 76 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just me ~ That's really nice. It sounds like you know what you want. I'm curious to read what other men write in response to your thread. I think you are being realistic when you say you won't have 100% like minds. Maybe some people make the mistake of going into a relationship looking for perfection. We'll have to see how your thread on what men want compares to Smucky's thread on what women want. It should be interesting! [Cool]
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just me
Member # 13160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gail:
Just me ~ That's really nice. It sounds like you know what you want. I'm curious to read what other men write in response to your thread. I think you are being realistic when you say you won't have 100% like minds. Maybe some people make the mistake of going into a relationship looking for perfection. We'll have to see how your thread on what men want compares to Smucky's thread on what women want. It should be interesting! [Cool]

thanks for the reply Gail, the only reply actually haha
maybe the men here are conservative about their wants and needs
guys you should so let the ladies get to know you more don't you think?

Posts: 76 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! vb out with it [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if it was that easy you gona write down what you want go to karfor buy it probably sony version

but i guess u never can be picky in love u just seek happiness and when u happy thats it when u feel peace within your heart thats it
when you stop thinking and making ridiculous actions just to be with the one u want
then you are in love [Big Grin]

p.s iam not been smart ass or any thing just the fact people search all there life what they want in live and u will never know it before u have it [Smile]
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so true amr [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just want the soul which im part from it and she is part from me,and then she contain my ALL needs,its same for me as HUGE wild cruel desert,hot as hell,&a man lost in it for years,he cant die,& he dont know why and in same he is not able to find water too..,and suddenly he found a long amazing river which full of cold delicious fresh water..,then what he would need more

water here = life & life = what all the man would and will want in the cruel desert

and ALLAH have said in Quran (We have made of water everything living)

but be careful,not every source of water mean life,because u know there r lot of sources which r dirty and just contain diseases,anyhow,im the king of this world by the river which i have found

Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
very nicely put Hetsho
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for galmarriedtoegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just me, I know what you mean. It does exist - strength in weakness is actually feminine strength.

I come from a family of independant, succesful, well-rounded women who have never needed a man to take care of them because they have everything they need on their own. I am no exception since I was raised to stand on my own two feet and give myself what I want instead of waiting for a man to give it to me. I could support myself, change a tire, and live on my own while traveling around the world in my twenties.

HOWEVER, I have learned that one of the biggest strengths I have as a woman is my supposed "weakness." I have learned that a man cannot stand to see a woman cry...and that has worked wonders to my advantage! More so, there is nothing like letting a man be a MAN by letting him take care of my needs, carry the big packages, letting him change that tire, and come to the rescue when I am tired, sad, or in need of emotional support. Men like to help us, girls - and there should be NO SHAME in letting them do what comes naturally - PROTECT.

So, to all those women who were raised like me I just want to say - LET YOUR BIGGEST STRENGTH BE YOUR WEAKNESS.

If you let the man be the protector he will feel fulfilled in his role and you can work out the other kinks in your marriage while knowing there is still someone who cares enough about you to have your back at all times. [Smile] So hug him, hold him, let him see your weaknesses, and let him be there for you. THAT IS WHAT A STRONG WOMEN DOES.

Posts: 285 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ameriegypt:
Just me, I know what you mean. It does exist - strength in weakness is actually feminine strength.

I come from a family of independant, succesful, well-rounded women who have never needed a man to take care of them because they have everything they need on their own. I am no exception since I was raised to stand on my own two feet and give myself what I want instead of waiting for a man to give it to me. I could support myself, change a tire, and live on my own while traveling around the world in my twenties.

HOWEVER, I have learned that one of the biggest strengths I have as a woman is my supposed "weakness." I have learned that a man cannot stand to see a woman cry...and that has worked wonders to my advantage! More so, there is nothing like letting a man be a MAN by letting him take care of my needs, carry the big packages, letting him change that tire, and come to the rescue when I am tired, sad, or in need of emotional support. Men like to help us, girls - and there should be NO SHAME in letting them do what comes naturally - PROTECT.

So, to all those women who were raised like me I just want to say - LET YOUR BIGGEST STRENGTH BE YOUR WEAKNESS.

If you let the man be the protector he will feel fulfilled in his role and you can work out the other kinks in your marriage while knowing there is still someone who cares enough about you to have your back at all times. [Smile]

ameen
thank you kiss on the lips would work 2 [Big Grin]
in fact when a woman tell her man god bless you and save you for me and make him feel that she is always in need for him that does make him feel way attached to her
he just need to know that she realy want him to be her guy not because she cant do any thing alone
now we dont mean that she like i wanna go to the bathroom can u go with me iam afraid of dark etc
hehe

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ameriegypt ~ SO TRUE! All through high school, all I wanted was to get out of school, get married, and have five children. Well... I am not married (yet), have no children, and have a career. I won't complain about it, but it's not the life I had imagined. I would totally LOVE to find a man who doesn't need to see me as his equal - as I believe so many couples approach relationships these days (at least in the states). Old fashioned? Maybe. But I am strong enough to be able to let him be the man. It's very sexy!
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Old fashioned? Maybe. But I am strong enough to be able to let him be the man. It's very sexy!

i agree with you Gail. i like that [Wink]

Gail
Member # 6886

MICKY A ~ I just don't think too many U.S. guys get it. I think so many of them look at relationships like 50/50. Seriously, if I wanted a "partner," I'd go into business! Being a male is one thing, but being a "man" is altogether different. Does that make sense?

Mickey ~ E-mail me some time. When are you going to Egypt? I'm really excited for you!

Just me
Member # 13160

quote:
MICKY A ~ I just don't think too many U.S. guys get it. I think so many of them look at relationships like 50/50. Seriously, if I wanted a "partner," I'd go into business! Being a male is one thing, but being a "man" is altogether different. Does that make sense?

Mickey ~ E-mail me some time. When are you going to Egypt? I'm really excited for you!

but i do think it is 50\50 relation just not in the way it sound
men have their responsibilities, women have theirs, different from each other yet they complete each other.
each gets his own responsibility to what he was created to do naturally, including the psychological aspect
a man will never be as tolerant as a mother when it comes to kids, doing what a mother do ( all respect for all the mothers here)
a man's responsibility doesn't just end at protecting and providing for the family
there's that emotional part
he needs to be a best friend to every one in the family over all before being the husband or the father or protector or breadwinner
even as a figure of the leader, doesn't mean to give orders but more of to listen more so that he may "guide" to the right direction where every one will be happy

listen more, be the best friend, understand before you judge\talk back, guide don't order, all that is what a man should be, same goes for women

a friend said "Don't give up hope, She is out there" I say i never gave up hope never i will, thanks anyway
best wishes to all of you

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i agree totally with you ameriegypt [Wink] i was raised the same way . i am very independent but do like when hubby takes charge like little things , opens the door for me, carries the groceries , little things mean alot.

meriegypt
Member # 10697

Rate Member Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 01:20 PM Profile for ameriegypt Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote Just me, I know what you mean. It does exist - strength in weakness is actually feminine strength.

If you let the man be the protector he will feel fulfilled in his role and you can work out the other kinks in your marriage while knowing there is still someone who cares enough about you to have your back at all times. [Smile] So hug him, hold him, let him see your weaknesses, and let him be there for you. THAT IS WHAT A STRONG WOMEN DOES.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just me:
i like the women weakness, it's not a real weakness, it's like the baby weakness

You might find it endearing; I find it insulting to be called weak like a baby.

IMO women often have way more inner strength than men – generally speaking. But I wouldn't dream of belittling men by saying I love their weakness because it's so cute and baby-like.

quote:
even as a figure of the leader, doesn't mean to give orders but more of to listen more so that he may "guide" to the right direction

What if the man is the one who needs to be *guided in the right direction*? [Roll Eyes]

quote:
a man will never be as tolerant as a mother when it comes to kids, doing what a mother do

Obviously you've never seen a father who does his job well ...
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely agree with Dalia's comments.

If a man has to be cajoled and humoured into treating his partner with love and respect - he would seem like a very poor prospect indeed.

Women wish to protect their loved ones too. All human beings have strengths and vulnerabilities. Of course decent men can't bear to see their wives cry. That's absolutely natural.

AmerieEgypt: ''I have learned that a man cannot stand to see a woman cry...and that has worked wonders to my advantage!''

Never would I use such a ploy. It's dishonest and manipulative. Men deserve so much better than this.

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for galmarriedtoegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SayWhatYouSee, it is not from the angle you are reading it from. [Smile] All I am saying is that my husband reads me better when he can see my vulnerability.

What good would an attitude or screaming do me if I did not like something and was trying to get my point across? He would only get more angry and I would block whatever message I was trying to get through to him.

Alot of women hold it in and don't want to cry because they say they don't want to show him how hurt they are. Not me. I will cry if I want to cry because I am hurt and he should know it. That is much more honest because I am bearing my heart and soul. That kind of communication seems to open the eyes of men more often than not.

How is that a ploy or manupulative? If anything, it is understanding the language of men. Getting through to them can be difficult at times because we are more emotional creatures by nature. This works to my advantage because it build a bridge to help him get across to understanding how I feel.

Posts: 285 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just me
Member # 13160

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:
i like the women weakness, it's not a real weakness, it's like the baby weakness

You might find it endearing; I find it insulting to be called weak like a baby.

IMO women often have way more inner strength than men – generally speaking. But I wouldn't dream of belittling men by saying I love their weakness because it's so cute and baby-like.

quote:
even as a figure of the leader, doesn't mean to give orders but more of to listen more so that he may "guide" to the right direction

What if the man is the one who needs to be *guided in the right direction*? [Roll Eyes]

quote:
a man will never be as tolerant as a mother when it comes to kids, doing what a mother do

Obviously you've never seen a father who does his job well ...

wondering what kind of relation you have, if any [Wink]
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i like the women weakness, it's not a real weakness, it's like the baby weakness,

puke...

quote:
you just can't stand a baby crying or doing any harm to them i think women or some of them are like babies,
double puke....

you're living in a fantasy world...

Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What good would an attitude or screaming do me if I did not like something and was trying to get my point across? He would only get more angry and I would block whatever message I was trying to get through to him.

Can't you discuss things like grown adults? Does there have to be an 'attitude' and 'screaming'? Is the only alternative turning on the tears?
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just me
Member # 13160

be more respectful for other's opinion even if you don't like it, you can disagree in better manners
anyway, thanks for sharing.

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With Americans, equity and equality are the same!
With that in mind, anyone's task can be done by anyone as long as it get done so there is no one to blame! There is rarely a 50/50 proposition.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by citizen:
quote:

Can't you discuss things like grown adults? Does there have to be an 'attitude' and 'screaming'? Is the only alternative turning on the tears?
Just what I was about to post, Citizen. AmerieEgypt, the way you expressed it seemed like an attemmpt to manipulate:

''I have learned that a man cannot stand to see a woman cry...and that has worked wonders to my advantage!''

I don't consider turning on the tears to be a decent way to behave. If what you meant was that a man responds to his partners tears...isn't that a human reaction to distress? [Smile] Men cry too, don't they? I can show you proof on this forum, if you like! [Razz]

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
quote:
be more respectful for other's opinion even if you don't like it, you can disagree in better manners
anyway, thanks for sharing.

Before complaining, why don't you review your snide response to Dalia's perfectly polite post? [Mad]
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
It is apparent there are obviously two kinds of people giving their points of views of this blog....

SayWhatYouSee and Citizen

and then

Justme and I.

Adults all come in different shapes in sizes...in my opinion, no grown adult would ever talk to anyone the way you just have Citizen. I guess we were brought up differently and that is ok.

SayWhatYouSee, I did read what I wrote but apparently you did not. Otherwise, my explanation would have been clear. The explanation on what you are calling "manipulation" was clearly stated. Sorry, you were unable to comprehend.

We will just have to agree to disagree and hope you find your happiness your way. I really don't want to get into a war of words. So, best of luck to both of you and hope we can exchange opinions more civilly next time around. [Wink]

Personally, I agree with the points of view of Justme. So, like I tried to say before...there are just different kinds of people.

God bless you and i hope you all the happiness in life and inshalah in heaven.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Wondering why you chose to insult instead of replying properly. [Wink]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

a man will never be as tolerant as a mother when it comes to kids, doing what a mother do (
I missed this, are you serious?? [Eek!]
There are men who have more patience than some women when it comes to child raising, and I hate when someone tries to belittle men in a generalizing way like this. As if they cannot love or care for a child in a patient way like a woman simply because they have different sexual organs. [Roll Eyes] I agree with Dalia, perhaps you haven't witnessed it yet. Good luck.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It`s just stereotyping...
All in common spoken.
Of course men or women are not like this in general.
And even in Egypt there are males who are to softharted.But not that much!!!!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
I completely agree with Dalia's comments.

If a man has to be cajoled and humoured into treating his partner with love and respect - he would seem like a very poor prospect indeed.

Women wish to protect their loved ones too. All human beings have strengths and vulnerabilities. Of course decent men can't bear to see their wives cry. That's absolutely natural.

That's what I meant. Being able to give and accept emotional support is an essential part of a relationship in my opinion, but it works both ways, you can't assign roles here based on gender.

Opening up to your partner, showing your emotions, crying in front of your partner when you feel down is NOT a *weakness*. It's sad that so many people seem to equate emotions with weakness. And have you people never seen a man cry or what?

I wonder what the people who describe relationships in stereotypes and try to assign roles do when the man needs emotional support. How can he get that if the couple is caught in their roles of him always being *strong* and her being the *weak* part? How would that work?

[Confused]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right out of college when I was dating, I always went for the men I had to 'shape' (like clay) because I liked different things about them. It wasn't until just a few years ago that I finally decided I wanted a husband who was already 'emotionally supportive' and thoughtful and kind. I didn't want to shape him or mold him, I wasn't his mommy. I have since learned that when you have to do that, it isn't worth it...a man either cares or he doesn't, the same as a woman.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by Hetsho:

And he has also said about spouses:

They are a garment for you and you are a garment for them.

Quite beautiful and clear, isn't it? [Wink]

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
quote:
It is apparent there are obviously two kinds of people giving their points of views of this blog....

SayWhatYouSee and Citizen

and then

Justme and I.

Adults all come in different shapes in sizes...in my opinion, no grown adult would ever talk to anyone the way you just have Citizen. I guess we were brought up differently and that is ok.

SayWhatYouSee, I did read what I wrote but apparently you did not. Otherwise, my explanation would have been clear. The explanation on what you are calling "manipulation" was clearly stated. Sorry, you were unable to comprehend.

We will just have to agree to disagree and hope you find your happiness your way. I really don't want to get into a war of words. So, best of luck to both of you and hope we can exchange opinions more civilly next time around. [Wink]

Personally, I agree with the points of view of Justme. So, like I tried to say before...there are just different kinds of people.

God bless you and i hope you all the happiness in life and inshalah in heaven.

Our exchange of views was perfectly civil, so please choose your words more carefully. Also, your explanation didn't adequately explain your initial statement. Comprehending is different from disagreeing:

AmerieEgypt: ''I have learned that a man cannot stand to see a woman cry...and that has worked wonders to my advantage!''

If you seek to gain an advantage from crying, it is manipulative. If you had simply said, ''I have learned that a man cannot stand to see a woman cry'' - that would have been have been fine, as that's perfectly natural. The way you and JustMe couch your language is what I find strange.

''Men like to help us, girls - and there should be NO SHAME in letting them do what comes naturally - PROTECT.''

Why you feel the need to make such statements is beyond me. Men protect women. Women protect men. Men cry. Women cry. You don't have to 'let' a decent man do the right thing, as that would be natural to him. Reducing relationships to games, in order to receive the love that is rightfully part of a healthy marriage seems dangerously dishonest.

Ameriegypt''Alot of women hold it in and don't want to cry because they say they don't want to show him how hurt they are.''

Huh? [Confused] Most women I know have absolutely no problems revealing emotion to their partners. They don't have to use feeling sad or vulnerable to gain anything. Concern is what they expect.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

I agree SWYS, crying to gain something or use to your 'advantage' is manipulative behavior. If my husband did that to me I would feel taken advantage of and so should any man who gets this treatment from any woman.

If you have to play games to get what you want in marriage OR to get the affection and/or love you desire - it isn't real! That's what I wish many people would realize. What ever happened to merely talking to the other person and telling them how you feel and your concerns? Using crying to your advantage is very immature behavior, I think I did that with my first boyfriend and with my father once when I wanted some new clothes in high school. [Razz]

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

You nailed it as usual,Dalia [Wink]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just me
Member # 13160

quote:
quote:

Wondering why you chose to insult instead of replying properly. [Wink]
why you took it as a insult!! [Confused]
all i wanted is for you to share us more of how u see things, i really got interested about what you said
maybe i didn't see that kind of father, so ... did you? how was he ?
and what about a relation with a partner? do you have one? how is it?
I made all this in my short sentence.... sorry if it wasn't clear enough for you to understand it
will try to elaborate next time

Just me
Member # 13160

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
quote:
quote:

a man will never be as tolerant as a mother when it comes to kids, doing what a mother do (
There are men who have more patience than some women when it comes to child raising, and I hate when someone tries to belittle men in a generalizing way like this. As if they cannot love or care for a child in a patient way like a woman simply because they have different sexual organs. [Roll Eyes] I agree with Dalia, perhaps you haven't witnessed it yet. Good luck.

I am generally speaking, about the norm among men, how they are
and i was talking from the responsibility point of view, the norm is men go out working and women stay home taking care of the child, that's the norm i am talking about
not the emotional part of the father\child relationship
I hope that made it more clear

Just me
Member # 13160

quote:
quote:

if that's what you believe , here you go

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard."(The Noble Quran 4:34)

from what you believe, men and women are equal spiritually speaking, not earthly speaking as they are different physically and emotionally

"If any do deeds of righteousness be they male or female and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them." (The Noble Quran, 4:124)

again
Allah said
"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women...
Quite beautiful and clear, isn't it?

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Hi Just me,

why are you picking on something I said in a post that wasn't even addressed to you instead of replying to the comments and questions I made in my first post?
[Confused]

quote:

quote:

I am not sure what you mean by "if that's what you believe"; could you please clarify?
I quoted an aya from the Qur'an that I love very much. You seem to take offense to that, are you suggesting I shouldn't believe it? Or what are you implying by your comment above?

quote:

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard."(The Noble Quran 4:34)

again
Allah said

The way I understood it this was a discussion about personal views on relationships, not religious ones.

I don't quite understand why you quote this particular verse in this context, but 4:34 has been discussed countless times on here, for example in those threads:

www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002961

www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002728

www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001962

I think discussing particular Qur'anic verses does not belong into this thread. But I would be interested in your personal views on some of the concerns mentioned on here. Thank you. [Cool]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my humble opinion there is no such thing as what a man wants. I think we can name it what this man wants.
What this man wants is a very traditional relationship, with a controlling husband and a obedient wife. The stereotypical man with the stereotypical woman.
Nothing wrong with that, as long as his wife has the same expectations in her relationship.
Whatever religion, tradition, culture may say, marriage still is a obligation between two different persons, who must come together at the same point.
That isn`t easy, and on itself it already is a complete performance if you are able to succeed on long-terms.
Think Just_me isn`t that far, tink he still is in his expectation and searching-period. I wish him lots of succes and hope he will succeed.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
------------------------------------
quote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all of ALLAH'S words r beautiful and clear dear (Dalia),what i have said fits me much more,the question was (what a man wants)then im a man who is saying what he want,im talking about how is habibty to me,i make a simile about my OWN case,that without water in life,it would be just sand & death,and so im without her
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------
Using crying to your advantage is very immature behavior, I think I did that with my first boyfriend and with my father once when I wanted some new clothes in high school. [Razz] [/QB][/QUOTE]
i understand what u r talking about dear (Smucker),but really lot of times crying came by it self without any kind of control from the person,actually im one of those who hate crying in front of anyone,but in some sitiuations really i just cant hold myself,and it really be not just pretending to take any advantage,it come when something scare u so much,however im training my self to stop that,but really sometimes i cant

BTW,how would u feel if ur husband have cried in front of u,and do u think is it consider a shame if a man crying??do u think it will ruin ur relationhip with him if it happend???,just a question really..

Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

nooo if he cries ok, but to do it on purpose to get something out of me that's shameful.
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've cried to get out of speeding tickets, does that count as shameful???
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hitman
Member # 13360

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hitman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
come on .. don't lie to ur self men ...each one of us knows exactly what a man wants .... ( money ,alot of it ,,,, food with various choices aways,,, a girlfriend with a remote control , a dog , sex for breakfast and dinner ,,,, a packet of marllboro cigs available always ,,, a work that he can give an order with his position [Big Grin] )... lol
Posts: 235 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Sorry you are still unable to understand my point, SayWhatYouSee. However, I am not solely looking to argue so, I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Have a happy Ramadan. [Smile]

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Agreeing to disagree is absolutely fine by me! [Smile]
Gail
Member # 6886

quote:
quote:
quote:

What? I didn't say this last part about a mother being more tolerant. [Confused]
Just me
Member # 13160

quote:
Hi Just me,

why are you picking on something I said in a post that wasn't even addressed to you instead of replying to the comments and questions I made in my first post?
[Confused]

quote:

quote:

I am not sure what you mean by "if that's what you believe"; could you please clarify?
I quoted an aya from the Qur'an that I love very much. You seem to take offense to that, are you suggesting I shouldn't believe it? Or what are you implying by your comment above?

quote:

again
Allah said

The way I understood it this was a discussion about personal views on relationships, not religious ones.

I don't quite understand why you quote this particular verse in this context, but 4:34 has been discussed countless times on here, for example in those threads:

www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002961

www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002728

www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001962

I think discussing particular Qur'anic verses does not belong into this thread. But I would be interested in your personal views on some of the concerns mentioned on here. Thank you. [Cool]

you didn't ask any quesiton in your 1st post, you just commented, or maybe I don't see any question, can you ask those questions again?
they are just comments, and if you understood that i am speaking in general from and for my self you wouldn't make such comments as i do fully understand that there are different cases, i was just talking about the norm

I started this post and it wasn't addressed to you , yet you replied , so you posted something here and i replied to it too, what's the big deal?
anyway sry if it made you feel uncomfortable to reply to your posts
the aya i quoted from quran tells you, men are the protector ..etc doesn't mean women should take advantage of that or something yet it tells you the norm is that men are protectors
"if that what you believe" if you are muslima is what i meant

well the aya makes it clear that men are protectors, it's their nature how Allah created men and women, and it goes by with how i feel about women over all, the need to protect and their vulnerability compared to men ( general, the norm, the natural)
so if it's your religion, your Allah is telling you that, and you don't beleive it , that is something different now, that's why i brought it up

I am talking generally, and for my self, how i think
I hope that made somethings clear for you

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:

I started this post and it wasn't addressed to you , yet you replied

I'm sorry to break it to you ... but that's what usually happens on messageboards. [Big Grin]

Who was it addressed to, if I may ask? Maybe you should specify initially who you would like to reply or not ... [Wink]

I explained to you exactly why I replied, and I told you I found some of the things you wrote insulting. (And, btw, I wasn't the only one who took offence at some of what you wrote.) Since you obviously started this thread in order to get comments to your opinions, it would have been polite to take the points made seriously, otherwise you're just contradicting your own words.
You chose to ignore that and make a snide remark instead. Does that mean you are only interested in others' opinions if they are cheering your views?

quote:

you didn't ask any quesiton in your 1st post

Yes, I did:

quote:

quote:

What if the man is the one who needs to be *guided in the right direction*?
quote:
they are just comments, and if you understood that i am speaking in general from and for my self you wouldn't make such comments as i do fully understand that there are different cases, i was just talking about the norm

So was I. [Wink] And what you desribe as "the norm" I don't regard as the norm at all. I guess we have just grown up in different surroundings and made different experiences ...
I don't see women being more vulnerable or in need of *protection* than men at all. But if you think that's the *norm* I don't see much sense in discussing it. After all I'm only a woman ... what do I know about female needs? I'm sure you have a much better understanding of those than I do. [Cool]

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Men are brought up in a highly competitve environment, we're expected to always be better than the next guy, whereas women are raised in a nurturing environment and for the most part have each other's support; any kind of support is more of a stigma with men, we're just expected to ride out whatever shitstorm has disrupted our lives at any given moment as well as be pillars of strength.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com