EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » divorce

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: divorce
leia
Member # 14098

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for leia   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...does anyone knows how much time it takes to get a divorce in egypt ...and what are the proceedings...
[Confused]

Posts: 35 | From: . | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the man instigates it, then it can take days

If the women does then it take years

Speak to a lawyer, your embassy can advise you of a suitable name

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is some thing called kol3 which means the woman leave every thing for the man to just get divorce and the case doesnt take time but to be able to help u

1- nationality
2- religion

3- did you speak to lawyer
4- type of marriage contract you have
hope we all can help
regards
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Leia:
With a good Lawyer it can take few years ,, with a bad one you need lots of luck.
Are you in Egypt? if you are then fet your embassy involved ,, but the problem that the law in Egypt would not cause any problems for him for getting a second wife,, only will give the first wife the right to get a quick divorce if he have not informed her in advance that he was going to marry another one.. If you are in Egypt you can name and shame him ,, go to his work place and speak to his boss.
Go to his family if he has got one and speak to them if you know them ,,, he must be a muslim to get a second wife so you can go to DAR ELEFTAA and ask them what to do .. it is in ALAZHAR AREA, if you are outside Egypt then go to the egyptian embassy and ask them for advice... leave the lawyer part till you have no other options...
One more thing if you are from western european country so you might have some good luck with all the above things which I mentioned,, if you are from eastern european country then I am not sure about how much luck you wil get,,, any way good luck

Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leia was asking becasue she has an Egyptian b/f with an Egyptian wife. The b/f has told her he will divorce his wife

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Akshar , I have answred here before I read the other post.
Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
same here thanks for pointing up to the other post

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry I know I should stay the heck away from these types of threads but you are actually considering having him go ahead with divorcing his wife, leaving his child, just so you can marry him?

Please before you go any further picture you as the wife with this child, picture that you are secure in your marriage (so you think) and that you do not work, your husband brings home the money and the child loves his/her daddy very very much.

Then one day he comes home and says, "i divorce you, i divorce you, i divorce you" and whatever else he needs to do to get the divorce complete. Picture the tears in the little child's eyes as he watches his father break his mother's heart.

Please think of that poor child each and every time you talk to this man. If he is able to do this to his wife and child now, he will also do it to you and your child, if you have one with him, as well.

Please don't do this for the sake of the child if nothing else.

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did she say it was the other woman leaving the man? Perhaps in another thread I missed? [Confused]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Did she say it was the other woman leaving the man? Perhaps in another thread I missed? [Confused]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003605
amr

leia
Member # 14098

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for leia   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was asking about divorce proceedings in egypt for curiosity...i just wanted details about that cause i don't know much about this things and i was curious.....
but i won't do anything about this ...i know he is a jackass and this are all lies ....i will just break up cause i'm not one of the stupid women wich permit to be thrown to the garbage by a rat...
yeah ..i admit i was devastated when he told me ....but this is not the first disappointment and i'm sure that it won't be neither the last one
i won't never break up a family ...no matter what ...i have some morals and beside that i won't like that something like this 2 hapen 2 me ...
anyway tks for your good advices [Wink]
take care

Posts: 35 | From: . | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com