EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Valuable lessons I have learned from ES (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Valuable lessons I have learned from ES
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
so to sum this up smucks, vb , and i are now bullies NOT!!!!!!!! and i will speak for us . we are sorry if we hurt your feelings , we didn't do it towards you at all. i hope you will accept this as a formal apology,we are sorry. and this is meant from the heart. [Smile]

Agreed.

Angel Heart, no offense was intended by anyone.

Can we move on to 'yo mama' jokes now?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
so to sum this up smucks, vb , and i are now bullies NOT!!!!!!!! and i will speak for us . we are sorry if we hurt your feelings , we didn't do it towards you at all. i hope you will accept this as a formal apology,we are sorry. and this is meant from the heart. [Smile]

Agreed.

Angel Heart, no offense was intended by anyone.

Can we move on to 'yo mama' jokes now?

[Big Grin]

I'm glad someone remembered who it was...ahhh now by knowing the name everything is coming back to me (the topic).
Can't do yo mama jokes vb, the thread might become too entertaining and be deleted. [Eek!]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
go to the quips section
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was nice of you guys to apologize.

Angel Heart, please come back to our forum that's full of love.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lovingmylife:
What I have learned on this board?

I learned a lot about myself.

Interesting.

Care to collaborate [Big Grin] .. Err I mean elaborate?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<6. Egypt is to the UK, what the carribean is to the US.>

Cairo bug,what do you mean by this?I`m Caribbean and would like to know since i don`t see any similarity. [Confused]

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe she meant egypt is a nice change from the uk where they enjoy a full 20 minutes of sunshine every year.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cairobug -

these two made me laugh, gotta agree with you there, you big troll! [Big Grin]

"5. I am a troll. ES has helped me realize what I am, thank you wise members (a joke, ha ha, not funny).

8. My spelling and grammer on a post that took 30 seconds, in a forum on the internet, is the measure of my intelligence, not my credentials or academic/career performance. "

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would suspect that those individuals who post on a forum like this are people who want to build friendships with others around the world.

While mindful that someone raised in one culture may take offense at a totally opposite thing than someone raised in a different part of the world. For example one might take offense at looking into another's eyes while speaking to them. Another would take offense if you don't look into their eyes.

How do we keep from offending each other on a forum where so many nationalities and cultures are represented?

If we can't communicate effectively here, what hope is there for the world?

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
[QUOTE]

What were those credentials for then? If there's one thing I've learnt from ES, it is the utter failure of the education systems in the UK and several places in the US.

Honest to God, ES has made me change my mind about moving to the UK. I WANT MY CHILDREN TO BE ABLE TO SPELL. GIVE ME MY CHLDREN'S SPELLING RIGHT NOW.

[Big Grin]

This will inevitably be taken in the wrong way, but this my way of seeing it. I have plenty of outlets to read and proofread what I write and have it peer reviewed--that's what your career or academia is for. This is just a forum on the internet, which I take to mean leisurely reading/participation--now while my spelling is pretty much okay on the most part considering it does not take too much effort on my part (as it doesn't for most people with 'credentials' in whatever field they're in). It's just not important enough, or it won't make me feel like I'm any less/more because of my writing style here (which if I were to be really honest, is just not anything you'd ever really write if you had to submitt it anywhere). I was aware that in Egypt it is used as a marker of distinction in pointless things, but I just don't see the point on an informal forum. I think it's great that you can master a language that's not yours, even better than some people in which its their native language. But considering everyone pretty much writes in an informal way, I don't see the point.
I'm unfamiliar with the education system in the UK, but I don't think that should deter you from moving there. It really depends on the person and not the education system, if you're a hard worker and bright you'll do well anywhere. Guessing that you were educated in Egypt, I don't think that stopped you from learning English as a second language, and try to be proficient in it--it's what you make of it. Speaking from my experiences in the US, it really depends on how much work and effort you put in. What would be limiting your children's education in the UK? A few high level calc/physics classes not being available in high school? Generally even the worst high schools in the US will carry at the very least calc. Are you worried about their level of understanding or mastering their classes? That's the point of scoring in the top percentile in standardized exams.

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:
<6. Egypt is to the UK, what the carribean is to the US.>

Cairo bug,what do you mean by this?I`m Caribbean and would like to know since i don`t see any similarity. [Confused]

Well, I'm not including puerto rico in what I meant by the 'caribbean' though I know it's part of it. PR has a completely different meaning, in NY--considered more so distinct. And I'm not referring to DR either.

You always hear of someone going to the caribbean and meeting this young hot guy (see how stella got her groove back), that she wants to run away with. Apparently Kingston, has some men like the ones on this forum :)I was just surprised by the posts from women who claim they're from the UK (I'm not sure if this is real or not though) and how they met this young 'hot' guy while on vacation.

My comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously, I just mentioned that its one of those 'lessons' from the world of ES.

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
Maybe she meant egypt is a nice change from the uk where they enjoy a full 20 minutes of sunshine every year.

oh don't even remind me, i love the sunshine in egypt. it means i don't have to wear socks for 10 of 12 months! though my toes are showing some signs of premature aging, because of it.
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by cairobug:
oh don't even remind me, i love the sunshine in egypt. it means i don't have to wear socks for 10 of 12 months! though my toes are showing some signs of premature aging, because of it.

Give me hail, snow & rain anyday, all at the same time.

I don't do well in hot climates.

cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
well i'm with you on june, july, august and september. they're pretty bad in egypt. but while snow is fun--rain is not. when those days come here, i will tell the winds to go see VB [Wink]

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally don't look out for spelling mistakes; hence I am not even an English native speaker myself. I do look more at the content of what a member writes. And I don't care where people are coming from and what kind of educational background they have.

But I do know that I don't like people who think they know it all, who constantly insult and belittle others. It doesn't take a high education to treat other people respectfully.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I honestly miss rain, a good heavy soaking that lasts for days... [Frown]

(Tiger we don't agree often but in this instance I agree with you).

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Smuckers.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
TL: your point about looking at the content moreso.

I agree with you on that, and I think it limits people's feedback when they feel judged. I would love, to even know that my bawab was on this forum. Or I remember reading the nanny diaries a couple of years back and thinking-- ohhh so this is what my egyptian housekeeper thinks of eating sushi (there's this part in the book where she thinks its gross to feed the baby some french thing).

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You would of loved it here this morning Smuckers. There was such a down pour that the streets where blocked off and my first grader was 15 min late for school. (No one was counted tardy though)

(Tigerlily, nice post, I agree with you too)

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
This will inevitably be taken in the wrong way, but this my way of seeing it. I have plenty of outlets to read and proofread what I write and have it peer reviewed--that's what your career or academia is for. This is just a forum on the internet, which I take to mean leisurely reading/participation--now while my spelling is pretty much okay on the most part considering it does not take too much effort on my part (as it doesn't for most people with 'credentials' in whatever field they're in). It's just not important enough, or it won't make me feel like I'm any less/more because of my writing style here (which if I were to be really honest, is just not anything you'd ever really write if you had to submitt it anywhere). I was aware that in Egypt it is used as a marker of distinction in pointless things, but I just don't see the point on an informal forum. I think it's great that you can master a language that's not yours, even better than some people in which its their native language. But considering everyone pretty much writes in an informal way, I don't see the point.
I'm unfamiliar with the education system in the UK, but I don't think that should deter you from moving there. It really depends on the person and not the education system, if you're a hard worker and bright you'll do well anywhere. Guessing that you were educated in Egypt, I don't think that stopped you from learning English as a second language, and try to be proficient in it--it's what you make of it. Speaking from my experiences in the US, it really depends on how much work and effort you put in. What would be limiting your children's education in the UK? A few high level calc/physics classes not being available in high school? Generally even the worst high schools in the US will carry at the very least calc. Are you worried about their level of understanding or mastering their classes? That's the point of scoring in the top percentile in standardized exams.

I understand your point, but what do you want me to say to someone who says to me: "Your so stupid!" or "Use your mind, moran!"? [Big Grin]

And those self-righteous ones who can insult and use all the filth dictionary in one post, and when I reply back in my own way, they go like: I don't like people who insult and belittle others.

Tit for tat.
[Smile]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Nanny diaries? Wasn't a movie just shot right now staring Scarlette Johannson? I believe it's based on the same book, well I assume more.

I believe ES could be so much better when all members would be more helpful to each other than trying to find weaknesses of others and jumping on it over and over again. And it's distressing and annoying to have to watch that.

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

How dare you. Everyone knows that only "Native English Speakers" are allowed to speak English.

--------------------

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
You would of loved it here this morning Smuckers. There was such a down pour that the streets where blocked off and my first grader was 15 min late for school. (No one was counted tardy though)

It has been snowing in Germany today.
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:

(Tigerlily, nice post, I agree with you too)

I miss rain so much that I have a really good friend (an ES member) who gave me a CD of the rain falling so I could listen to it whenver I wanted...isn't that sweet!? [Big Grin] Now sometimes we throw in the CD and turn it up really loudly and fall asleep to the sound of rain and light thunder, it's GREAT. [Smile]
of_gold
Member # 13418

Does it ever rain there?

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Smuckers, especially my daughter is very sad right now because we had such a lousy summer and the weather change just came so suddenly and all the ladybugs will die now.... Last year we had many of them in my baby's bedroom (they came in to have it more warm) and my older kids tried to rescue them so they won't have to die. Well explain to a little child that's the way nature is.....
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Does it ever rain there?

Oh sure it rains in the winter a little bit but nothing to speak of, and when it does rain it's pretty light...it just isn't the same. I'm from Texas and while you wouldn't think we received much rain there, we really did get our fair share, sometimes it would rain for days and days straight, and really heavy down pours (is that one word or two?). [Confused] downpours, down-pours, down pours.... hmmmm

BTW, I adore ladybugs...it's part of my nickname. [Big Grin] (don't ask...)

of_gold
Member # 13418

Looks like it should be one word.

I am from Texas too and it has been a very wet summer. I guess you have to be without it to appreciate it. [Smile]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Which part? I'm a Dallasite. (gosh that sounds like termite or something...)
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
I guess you have to be without it to appreciate it. [Smile]

I guess that's with most of the things in life.

The only thing is sometimes you don't get a second chance.

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MK - I really dont think that ES members are a representative sample on which to base your views and decisions on the English education system..

equally I dont think that you can take 'spelling' as a indicator of someones intelligence or cognitive abilities.

I mean, It would be like me saying - 'doctors have terrible writing so they must all be so lazy or just full of their own self importance' which of course i would never do, because that would be generalising.

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Which part? I'm a Dallasite. (gosh that sounds like termite or something...)

Big D same as you. [Wink]

What took you to Egypt and how long have you been there?

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ok, I'll PM you even though you only have 129 posts. [Big Grin]
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
quote:

I understand your point, but what do you want me to say to someone who says to me: "Your so stupid!" or "Use your mind, moran!"? [Big Grin]

And those self-righteous ones who can insult and use all the filth dictionary in one post, and when I reply back in my own way, they go like: I don't like people who insult and belittle others.

Tit for tat.
[Smile] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Your point is understand as well, thanks for clarifying. I see how abusive this board is at times, and you definitely have a right to defend yourself from those attacks.

of_gold
Member # 13418

I'm working on those numbers. [Wink]

This posting stuff is addictive. It keeps me from getting my work done. [Frown]

of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
quote:

Tit for tat.
[Smile]

Your point is understand as well, thanks for clarifying. I see how abusive this board is at times, and you definitely have a right to defend yourself from those attacks. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Mahatma Gandhi would say "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Easier said than done. He was an incredible human being.

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have learned from ES that I am an elderly woman, so I have ordered my granny pants and hearing aids. I also have acquired many 2 dollar off coupons for adult briefs, just preparing myself for the next step [Big Grin] .I have not learned still how to make a damn paragraph on here or line up my posts, I think ES is allergic to my tabs or maybe I am just a complete moran [Big Grin] "Catfight" is understood by women of all cultures and religions. I also learned that in order to be an accepted trusted member of the board I have only 500 more posts to go [Wink] and finally I have learned I am not as crazy as I once thought I was, I have to give my warmest regards to all the trolls and drama llamas for making me see what true insanity is [Razz] [Big Grin] On the other hand, all kidding aside, I have learned alot about other cultures, and have enjoyed the exchange of ideas with some pretty wonderful men and women, its been a pleasure learning how other women view the world, how we share many common thoughts,visions , and opinions . These men and women are the reason I stay and continue to post on this crazy site, thanks alot for broadening my world [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
quote:

Mahatma Gandhi would say "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Easier said than done. He was an incredible human being. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Definitely agreed! I was only referring to defending yourself, if someone calls you a moron and they misspelled it. By all means, correct their spelling [Wink]

On the gandhi note, this may have to do with my lack of experience with forums...but only you know how sane you are--how do you know who is on the other end? Why say something that's not very nice to someone who may be having a really bad day? I'm still not sure if they have internet access in psychiatric wards.

Gold: I have lots of work to do too; the reason i'm posting so much...

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Wanderer:
MK - I really dont think that ES members are a representative sample on which to base your views and decisions on the English education system..

I strongly disagree. Please don't tell me that it is OK to not know the difference between your and you're, there and their and they're, and to and too. Yes it happens to everyone every once in a while, but not ALL the time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/5243098.stm

quote:
equally I dont think that you can take 'spelling' as a indicator of someones intelligence or cognitive abilities.
I'm sorry but I do. [Frown] In humans, intelligence has seven categories, of which language acquisition and expression is the first one.

We have Linguistic, Logical-mathematical, Musical, Spatial, Bodily-kinesthetic, Interpersonal and Intrapersonal intelligence.

Yes I agree that some excel in certain fields at the expense of other fields, but my point is that it is accepted to *partially* assess someone's intelligence from his linguistic skills.

quote:
I mean, It would be like me saying - 'doctors have terrible writing so they must all be so lazy or just full of their own self importance' which of course i would never do, because that would be generalising.
No it's not the same. Although I wouldn't mind you saying that. Compared to Toozi the freak anything said about doctors in here is mild shampoo. [Big Grin] Most doctors have terrible handwriting and I find that extremely annoying, since this involves lives of people therefore they should leave ZERO chance for a text to be misread. It happened here before that I got in a fight with someone who offered faulty medical advice while she is not licenced to do that (saying a word was Intragluteal when it was supposed to be Infragluteal). She was shouting as usual that I was full of myself, and I thought this could involve causing permanent damage hence my objection.

It's all about seeing the humor in my posts, which also needs a fraction of intelligence. [Cool]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm still not sure if they have internet access in psychiatric wards.

Hahahaaa, you hit the nail right on its head. This must be the case!!!!
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
MK: humor is always relative...and as all physicians know, it's not funny to talk medical jargon outside of the workplace--there's plenty of time to do that with your colleagues at work. This is just an informal forum.

Also, I don't think anyone takes real medical advice from a forum--and there isn't a single country out there that will just let you do as you please based on the recommendation of someone off the internet.

And if spelling and grammer are the markers of intelligence, you get that validation from other things in life. I think this forum is open to all, there are professional forums where you can can discuss things--and it's understood what everyone's credentials are. This isn't one of them, so why obsess over it. But if it's just a point to bring up when you're being attacked by someone--that's something different.

You are entitled to view anyone who's post are not perfect, as lesser intelligent form. For all the offended people out there, there are intellectual snobs out there (me being one of them, where it counts) who don't measure your intelligence by your posts on an internet forum.

--------------------

elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
waa waaa waaa so you bullies are called on for your attitudes and how rude you are to people here. You call it having fun?
How old are we? Really in a million years when I wrote about my experience with the water in Egypt to inform any others traveling to Egypt just to be aware, I never expected the response that I received from a few of you. I really suffered and wanted to help any others that might experience what I did. Instead of being welcomed to this site look how you people treated me. Embarassing for you. Weren't you embarassed by your ignorant responses? Someone new might be able to add valuable information or help another out. I own my own business and perhaps help others out. You chop our heads off before even knowing us.
Small mentality you have. I am sorry for you guys. Really!!

Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
MK: humor is always relative...and as all physicians know, it's not funny to talk medical jargon outside of the workplace--there's plenty of time to do that with your colleagues at work. This is just an informal forum.

I can't recall using medical jargon where people wouldn't understand it or have no way to look words up. I just express myself in the way that I can express myself. I can use slang too and do use it when necessary. And I don't claim to be funny to everyone. Humor is like beauty, they're both relative things.

quote:
Also, I don't think anyone takes real medical advice from a forum--
You'd be surprised.

quote:
and there isn't a single country out there that will just let you do as you please based on the recommendation of someone off the internet.
[Confused]

quote:
And if spelling and grammer are the markers of intelligence, you get that validation from other things in life. I think this forum is open to all, there are professional forums where you can can discuss things--and it's understood what everyone's credentials are. This isn't one of them, so why obsess over it. But if it's just a point to bring up when you're being attacked by someone--that's something different.
See my previous posts!

quote:
You are entitled to view anyone who's post are not perfect, as lesser intelligent form. For all the offended people out there, there are intellectual snobs out there (me being one of them, where it counts) who don't measure your intelligence by your posts on an internet forum.
I do not look down upon people who are not geniuses. I even consider myself dumb compared to my hosbond. It's all a relative thing.

And for all offended people out there, you must be kidding me!

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really betty, how old are we? Still having your meltdown? Good girl, keep going. Your use of the foulest language doesnt show your intelligence,your nasty pm's reveal that you have no intelligence, you thought when i called you a garden gnome, I was talking about the size of your home,lol. New users are welcome on this forum, we were all new users once, and we posted accordingly. Having a sense of humour is a pre- requisite for posting on forums when you cannot look into someones eyes and see they are playing with you. Misunderstandings happen, if you were a business women, then you would certainly know how to conduct yourself in public, and deal with different personalities with class and style. The way you reacted, on the forum and in pm shows you are an uneducated liar. You were supposed to be married to an egyptian man for 17 yrs, yet you couldnt reconize 3 simple arabic words That I wrote to you??Not recognize the native language of a man you were married too for 17 yrs [Confused] [Confused] Not being able to speak it is one thing, but totally not recognize it? [Roll Eyes] You specifically asked me" What kind of language is that , b****h, some kind of troll language??" As I said, I swear you trolls are on some kind of 90 day self destruct cycle, you meltdown,self-destruct and then rise from the ashes stupider than the first time around [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] . I would ask if your embarrassed, but we all know the answer to that question. I will take Advice of Alchemist from post #1 and be done with it..
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
You express yourself just fine the way you do in English, though at times I can see the doctor jokes (picture the black glasses--j/k). I don't think that many people care, how they come off (in terms of spelling,etc) on an informal forum--and think that this just isn't the place for that. But you are entitled to your opinion on it.

Everyone is comparatively dumb to someone out there.

Do you really think that there aren't people out there who'll think twice about posting because they may worry that they'll come off not quite as geniuses? I just think this isn't the place for all the critiques on writing form, unless someone is calling you 'stupid.' And its an international forum, that's just what surprises me even more...though I realize that you have managed to surpass those odds.

--------------------

elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you know nothing about my life and I don't need to give you any information about my marriage.
Yes Ms. know it all, I was married to a middle easten man for 17 years and have 2 beautiful daughters. Hey Ms noisy, not all middle easterns speak arabic just so you know. Never said he was egyptian. How did you pass nursing school when you cannot read?

Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

quote:
Cairobug, here's an example for you for when and why I do what I do:

quote:
Originally posted by bettyN:
P.S. go back to your shoe box in the getto. And by the way - IF I WANTED TO HEAR FROM A ASSHOLE I WOULD FART!!!

It's AN asshole. Thank you.
ROFL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] . Thank you, I will go back to my shoe box in the ghetto!
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
quote:
Cairobug, here's an example for you for when and why I do what I do:

quote:
Originally posted by bettyN:
P.S. go back to your shoe box in the getto. And by the way - IF I WANTED TO HEAR FROM A ASSHOLE I WOULD FART!!!

It's AN asshole. Thank you.
LOL--I can't believe my eyes. Your spell/grammar check is right on point there though MK, keep that up [Wink]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
[Wink]
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MK - please tell me when you're refering to Toozi you mean Tootsie (SP?) and not me? Whenever you write Toozi I always shudder that you've replaced my S with the T!!!

I'm guessing you don't mean me, as I have no medical knowledge whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com