EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Allowed or not allowed (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Allowed or not allowed
Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Politically Incorrect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lovingmylife:
In this translation:

(It is permitted at night for you to have sex with your wife).

1) It doesn't say during entire month of Ramadan.
2) It doesn't refer to woman specifically.

Lovingmylife:

I agree with your reaction to the statement "you are not submitting to God," but I honestly don't see how in your heart of hearts believe that verse 187 in Surat Albaqara leaves any doubt about the ruling.

My best wishes.

Posts: 374 | From: men gheir laff w dawaran | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

In Islam you are encouraged to think on your own.

Newcomer I think you are very new to Islam and you are thought by someone how to think and believe. I, in the other hand gained all my knowledge through personal connection with Allah, and real experience.

[Eek!] REALLY?? [Eek!] Well, do you have his phone number then? I would like to call and ask what he thinks of YOU, having a personal connection to him , show as an example by your generalizations, prejudices and spreading incorrect ideas of Islam to those who might be converts or thinking to convert. [Cool]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOLLLLL!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salexian
Member # 13086

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salexian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ditto.

--------------------
He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger.

Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Newcomer I think you are very new to Islam and you are thought by someone how to think and believe. I, in the other hand gained all my knowledge through personal connection with Allah, and real experience. I am born into Islamic religion in which all my family members as far as I can recall are born Muslims. I was encouraged to think, analyze and use common sense.

The point is newcomer, how do you as individual with God given intellect interpret and understand what's common sense, and can you rely upon your God given abilities. Can you feel Allah?

I also read some of your other interpretations and you are totally off. You interpret things way more culturally than islamically.

If it makes you feel better to make assumptions about me and by quoting what you feel are your credentials, feel free.

I have my own relationship with Allah, but I also know that I don't have the personal ability to understand all that is written in the Qur'an and Hadith correctly, so as well as reading the texts themselves, I read what the scholars say, and then use my Allah-given intellect to take what seems good and leave what doesn't.

Interested to know which culture you think I am interpreting things by [Confused] .

And if I had more time to debate with you in detail on this I would, but I am sorry I'm busy now, hence the reason for the cut and paste.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
if you insist on doing more than this you are making your own rules in the religion and you are not submitting to Allah.

LOL! [Big Grin] Are you aware of what you just said? [Big Grin]
Just to back up what I said to show that I wasn't making rulings on my own behalf:

"This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion." (Surah al-Ma'idah 5:3)

“Whoever innovates something in this matter of ours [i.e., Islam] that is not a part of it, will have it rejected.” (Sahih al-Bukhari 2550, Sahih Muslim 1718)

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is that by doing more, I am ( in your judgment ) not submitting to Allah? [Big Grin]

What do you know about me for sure?

Go ahead and apply those verses in my case and explain how they apply to my statement that made you to question the extent of my submission to Allah based on not having sex "entire Ramadan" . Be very careful how do you quote me!

You can't simply copy something and say - here we go Allah said so. [Big Grin]

I also know you are a convert.

If you keep copying and pasting without your own intellectual reasoning, I have no interest in disscusing my own Faith with you. I hope I am clear as in that case I would see you as "not competent" enough to disscus it further.

Plus I don't like that you feel entitled to judge me and my Faith without knowing and fully comprehending the core of Islam itself.

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LML you are being very judgemental. Newcomer explained her feelings on the subject, and also commented that you are free to interpret things how you see is best.

Why you need to put her down for being a convert is beyond me. But you need to put everyone down IMO.

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How is that by doing more, I am ( in your judgment ) not submitting to Allah? [Big Grin]

What do you know about me for sure?

Go ahead and apply those verses in my case ( I hope they are valid, or let's imagine they are just for the sake of argument ) and explain how they apply to my statement that made you to question the extent of my submission to Allah based on not having sex "entire Ramadan" . Be very careful how do you quote me!

You can't simply copy something and say - here we go Allah said so. : D

I also know you are a convert.

If you don't reply to me the way I asked you, and you instead keep copying and pasting without your own intellectual reasoning, I will terminate my conversation with you about my own Faith. I hope I am clear as in that case I would see you as "not competent" enough to disscus it further.

Plus I don't like that you as convert feel entitled to judge me and my Faith without knowing and fully comprehending the core of Islam itself.

This question is not addressed to me but is on an open forum so I take my liberty to answer it. [Smile]

I know for sure that you think you have ALL knowledge and understanding of All American and Egyptian men and apparently from what I read in this thread you believe you have ALL knowledge of Allah too.

Do you consider yourself a prophet?

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Politically Incorrect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Plus I don't like that you as convert feel entitled to judge me and my Faith without knowing and fully comprehending the core of Islam itself.

The ssahaba were converts, too.

Nobody is entitled to judge another person's faith, whether they `fully comprehend the core of Islam' or not. By the same token, one should not take someone's status as a convert to imply a deficiency of sorts.

I wish you all a fruitful final 10 nights of Ramadan.

Posts: 374 | From: men gheir laff w dawaran | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OF GOLD AND POLITICALY INCORRECT

YOU BOTH NOW GUYS IN THE HAKONA MATATA ILLUSIONARY IGNORE LIST [Big Grin]

iam muslim and was born as one my father was one my grand father was also one you dont know any thing about any thing

لا فرق بين عربي ولا اعجمي الا با التقوي

كفايااااااااااااااااااا فتي بقي انتي بجد مش فهما اي حاجة في اي حاجة

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None of you were able to answer on any of my questions and to give solid argument without copying and pasting fragmented sentences with someone else's personal interpretation. [Big Grin]

Without intellectual reasoning on your behalf, I clearly see lack of ability to comprehend things on your own.

That's definitelly not Islamic.

Islam is a religion in which you have right to question and doubt. Islam doesn't encourage blindly to follow anything, and it also warns against people who claim that many things are to be "per Allah".

Now why don't we go back and focus on topic itself. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] ((snickering)) [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shame That Stupidity isn't Painful

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shame That Stupidity isnt Painful:

Hahaha!
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shame That Stupidity isnt Painful:

lol..........

.....................Oh, but it is painfull. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

OK, back to the topic. [Cool]

LML...

I'm not Muslim so I haven't been observing Ramadan but I have been fasting from sex for years. I do understand the sacrifice. [Big Grin]

When I get married I think I will go with the other idea of it being allowed between sun down and sun rise, because I have all of these fasting years saved up.

Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

Best wishes to all. [Smile]
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Never Be A Fraid
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
I'm not Muslim so I haven't been observing Ramadan but I have been fasting from sex for years. I do understand the sacrifice. [Big Grin]

When I get married I think I will go with the other idea of it being allowed between sun down and sun rise, because I have all of these fasting years saved up.

[Smile] LOL!
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

if you can find a husband who will agree to this

I am not looking. [Big Grin]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhahaha i was just talkin with walid about this today i told him there is no way in heck i could live with him in ramadan and he still be faithful muslim so i would get an appartment for 30 days a year lol

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

I see. [Smile] You did well.
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:

LML...

Now of_Gold..don't take this the wrong way..but your post gave me a geniune smile.. [Big Grin] ...thanks.
Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats funny cas we was just talking about this yesterday he said no sex during ramadan at allnot even atfter sunset so i told him i would get an appartment after sunset or he would live with his mom cas i would sure try my darndest to get some i respect he is muslim but in the same aspect dont dangle meat infront of a hungry animal!!!hahahahaha
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steampower
Member # 14048

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for steampower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysterious girl:
Hey guys, I have a few questions: [Big Grin]

- It’s allowed or not allowed to say “I love you” to your gf/bf during fasting (Ramadan) and why?!
- It’s allowed or not allowed to have contact (sex) with your gf/bf after fasting?!

just want to hear your opinion! [Wink]
especially for those egyptian/muslim.. [Razz]

note: the guy is muslim, the girl is non-muslim [Cool]

If he wants to follow his faith the permarital intercourse are forbidden, but probably he will not follow it.
Posts: 41 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Korvin's:
Having sex without marriage is forbidden by Islam in Ramadan and the whole year ...

Can I clear up something. That is not reguarly talked about. I read alot about how pre-marrital sex is not allowed in islam.

FYI- It is not allowed for christians either.
Why does everyone assume christians drop their pants at a moments notice ? That always seems to bother me.

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said tootie!!
Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

quote:
Originally posted by tootsie:
Can I clear up something. That is not reguarly talked about. I read alot about how pre-marrital sex is not allowed in islam.

FYI- It is not allowed for christians either.
Why does everyone assume christians drop their pants at a moments notice ? That always seems to bother me.

I, for one, did not have that implication in mind when I posted in this thread. I think most people were simply answering the OP which was about what is allowed for a Moslem man. If the answers assumed that outside of Islam it is allowed, they probably had Western societies in mind where boyfriend/girlfriend sex is the accepted norm. We know all too well, Moslems and Christians, that what is acceptable in a society and what is acceptable by its professed religion are often two different things.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com