EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » does this make sense (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: does this make sense
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The prophet
Why did he take multiple wives AFTER his rich powerful first wife died?

Why not during the 25 years they were married?

Was it that she would not allow it?

Khadija

As for Lady Khadija, she was a beautiful, tall, light skinned woman, considered noble among her people; she was wise in decision-making, enjoyed a great deal of intelligence and sharp discernment. She bestowed her brilliant insight of economical principles, especially in the export and import field, on the trade market. This was Khadijah the human, the woman, and the wife; on the other hand, she granted thousands of dinars to her husband to use as he saw fit. Thus, Khadijah's financial support had a great role in strengthening Islam during its prime days, when it was still in the formation stage and critically needed material aid. Allah foreordained Khadijah's property to help Islam and fulfill its goals.

Muhammad said in this regard:

"No property has ever been so useful to me as Khadijah's." While in Mecca, the Prophet used this property to free slaves, help the needy, support the poor and rescue his financially inflicted companions. He also paved the way for those who wished to immigrate; all this through Khadijah's wealth from which he spent freely during her life; and when she died, he and her children inherited it. [1]

Therefore, the meaning of the Islamic Prophet's saying ... becomes clear: "Religion succeeded and became manifest only through Ali's sword and Khadijah's property."

'Fatima the gracious' by
Abu Mohammed Ordoni

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TOOT Suite [Smile] :
The prophet

Khadija

As for Lady Khadija, she was a beautiful, tall, light skinned woman, considered noble among her people; she was wise in decision-making, enjoyed a great deal of intelligence and sharp discernment. She bestowed her brilliant insight of economical principles, especially in the export and import field, on the trade market. This was Khadijah the human, the woman, and the wife; on the other hand, she granted thousands of dinars to her husband to use as he saw fit. Thus, Khadijah's financial support had a great role in strengthening Islam during its prime days, when it was still in the formation stage and critically needed material aid. Allah foreordained Khadijah's property to help Islam and fulfill its goals.

"No property has ever been so useful to me as Khadijah's." While in Mecca, the Prophet used this property to free slaves, help the needy, support the poor and rescue his financially inflicted companions. He also paved the way for those who wished to immigrate; all this through Khadijah's wealth from which he spent freely during her life; and when she died, he and her children inherited it. [1]

Therefore, the meaning of the Islamic Prophet's saying ... becomes clear: "Religion succeeded and became manifest only through Ali's sword and Khadijah's property."

'Fatima the gracious' by
Abu Mohammed Ordoni

The guy wrote this is a Shia'a MANY OF THEM are NOT Muslims. What he wrote is garbage. Muslims be careful what you read and where you take your deen from. The Shia'a are known for poison.

The Shi’ah have many sects. Some of them are kaafirs who worship ‘Ali and call upon him, and they worship Faatimah, al-Husayn and others. Some of them say that Jibreel (peace be upon him) betrayed the trust and the Prophethood belonged to ‘Ali, not to Muhammad. There are also others among them, such as the Imamiyyah – the Raafidi Ithna ‘Ashari – who worship ‘Ali and say that their imams are better than the angels and Prophets.

There are many groups among them; some are kaafirs and some are not kaafirs. The mildest among them are those who say that ‘Ali was better than the three (Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan). The one who says this is not a kaafir but he is mistaken, because ‘Ali was the fourth, and Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan were better than him. If a person prefers him over them then he is erring and is going against the consensus of the Sahaabah, but he is not a kaafir. The Shi’ah are of different levels and types. The one who wants to know more about that may refer to the books of the scholars, such as al-Khutoot al-‘Areedah by Muhibb al-Deen al-Khateeb [available in English under the same title, translated by Abu Ameenah Bilaal Philips], Manhaaj al-Sunnah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, and other books that have been written on this topic, such as al-Shi’ah wa’l-Sunnah by Ihsaan Ilaahi Zaheer [also available in English translation] and many other books which explain their errors and evils – we ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

Among the most evil of them are the Imamis, Ithna ‘Asharis and Nusayris, who are called al-Raafidah because they rejected (rafadu) Zayd ibn ‘Ali when he refused to disavow the two Shaykhs Abu Bakr and ‘Umar, so they went against him and rejected him. Not everyone who claims to be a Muslim can be accepted as such. If a person claims to be a Muslim, his claim should be examined. The one who worships Allaah alone and believes in His Messenger, and follows that which he brought, is a real Muslim. If a person claims to be a Muslim but he worships Faatimah or al-Badawi or al-‘Aydaroos or anyone else, then he is not a Muslim. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound. Similarly, anyone who reviles the faith, or does not pray, even if he says that he is a Muslim, is not a Muslim. The same applies to anyone who mocks the faith or mocks the prayer or zakaah or fasting or Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), or who disbelieves in him, or says that he was ignorant or that he did not convey the message in full or convey the message clearly. All such people are kaafirs. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (28/257).

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TOOT Suite [Smile] :
The prophet

Khadija

'Fatima the gracious' by
Abu Mohammed Ordoni

quote:

It would be beneficial if members used their god-given intellect rather than seeking solace in mere opinions that console their notions.

I don’t know why Prophet Muhammad (saw) never took an additional wife while he was married to Khadijah. You, I and everyone else on the face of the planet could only offer our mere opinions as to why. And such would be mere speculations and would certainly vary from one person to next.

Let us deal with the facts, shall we. Prophet Muhammad (saw) did take on additional wives before and after the revelations in Surah – al – Nisa. The fact is he married several women, some were widows, some were old and some were young, some were divorced and some were virgins.

-Sobriquet

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you into Japanese culture, Sobriquet-san? [Wink]
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
Are you into Japanese culture, Sobriquet-san? [Wink]

Very much so [Smile] They have a wonderful and fascinating culture. My interest in their culture is well-rounded as I’m interested in their history, fashion, movies, architecture/design and simply their daily actives. Fascinating people – god willing I hope see it all one day [Smile]
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what does sei-i taishogun mean? I'm sure you are just being difficult, I had enough trouble trying to remember how to spell sobriquet, I just get there and you go all karate kid on us!

cant you just call yourself 'bob'? [Big Grin]

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is one of the destinations I`m hoping to visit once. But, actually there isn`t much left from this ancient culture. There still is Kyoto, the old residence of the emperor, and of course Hiroshima must be impressive.
Japan is the most expensive country of the world, so think it needs some saving time!
BTW, there are a lot of historical novels regarding the culture. James Clavell is one of the most famous ones, with f.i.: Shogun.
From one side the people are humble and friendly, from the other side they also can be rudeless and hard.You should be able to name it double facedness too.
I`ve had a Japanese penpal for years, so thats why I was interested in it. In fact when I thought I`ve knew it all ( young and arrogant hehe), the interest replaced from the far east to the middle east...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Wanderer:
what does sei-i taishogun mean? I'm sure you are just being difficult, I had enough trouble trying to remember how to spell sobriquet, I just get there and you go all karate kid on us!

cant you just call yourself 'bob'? [Big Grin]

It means "general". In common they name it Shogun, just like in the novel.
James Clavell wrote many novels with a historical far eastern background; the only one middle eastern was Whirlwind. (also recommended!)
http://nostalgia.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Clavell

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks ????? maybe i can just shorten it to 'general' then [Smile] or 'General Bob' [Big Grin]
Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
thanks ????? maybe i can just shorten it to 'general' then [Smile] or 'General Bob' [Big Grin]

???? is correct shogun basically means ‘general’ however sei-i taishogun means ‘great general’ and precisely ‘great barbarian subduing general’. How about you simply called me sei pronounced ‘say’? I’d very much prefer that to ‘bob’ – and I know very well know what a ‘bob’ means to English folk … tsk tsk tsk naughty girl [Big Grin]

I'd like Sei (pronounced SAY)

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sobriquet, why the name change?
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol... Sei changes his name and everyone keeps calling him 'Sobriquet' [Big Grin]
This is funny!

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I call him 'Sobriquet' but I think 'dunes'! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Well I call him 'Sobriquet' but I think 'dunes'! [Big Grin]

[Wink]

[Big Grin]

Lilly- the nick sobriquet was being abused by some lowlives - so i changed it

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't you think of an easier-to-remember nickname?? [Smile]

By the way, you called me deSSertgirl on another thread... but I am not that sweet [Big Grin]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Oh okay....wakarimashita ya Sei. [Smile]
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
li desu ne [Wink] [Wink]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Sugoi!
Mazey
Member # 14107

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mazey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] okay Bob, oops I mean Sei [Wink]
Posts: 81 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by sei-i taishogun:
and I know very well know what a ‘bob’ means to English folk … tsk tsk tsk naughty girl [Big Grin]

Mr Sei great general son, what does a 'bob' mean to English folk? I feel i am missing out on some of my culture here [Frown] I really didnt say it with any meaning, actually, i was gonna say call yourself 'john' but then 'bob' popped into my mind, probably because of a sketch many years ago by Rowen Atkinson in blackadder. 'Bob' always just makes me smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkTNuqTyaRs&mode=related&search=Blackadder%20Bob%20bells%20Gabrielle%20Glaister%20rowan%20atkinson%20tony%20robinson

[Smile]

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
quote:
and I know very well know what a ‘bob’ means to English folk … tsk tsk tsk naughty girl [Big Grin]

Mr Sei great general son, what does a 'bob' mean to English folk? I feel i am missing out on some of my culture here [Frown] I really didnt say it with any meaning, actually, i was gonna say call yourself 'john' but then 'bob' popped into my mind, probably because of a sketch many years ago by Rowen Atkinson in blackadder. 'Bob' always just makes me smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkTNuqTyaRs&mode=related&search=Blackadder%20Bob%20bells%20Gabrielle%20Glaister%20rowan%20atkinson%20tony%20robinson

[Smile]

hey girl - Bob means:

Battery Operated Boyfriend [Big Grin]

So what's the deal you gonna call me sei now - pronounced 'say' [Smile]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Smile]

hey girl - Bob means:

Battery Operated Boyfriend [Big Grin]

What is that supposed to mean? [Confused]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Who has naughty thoughts here so early in the morning? [Big Grin]
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Who has naughty thoughts here so early in the morning? [Big Grin]

Naughty By Nature [Big Grin]
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Battery operated boyfriend? well i never knew that!

ok i wont call you general Bob (although that COULD be taken as a compliment in that case!)

I will call you 'sei'

Who watched the clip of Blackadder?, I think its so funny [Big Grin]

Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BOB
that's an old one Sei

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mia ann
Member # 13024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mia ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have never heard of that before.
great, thanks. now i'll never be able to say my uncle bob's name anymore.

Posts: 83 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com