EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Arabic Singers?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Arabic Singers?
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I'm sitting here feeding the baby and BY ACCIDENT the television is playing some music videos, believe me I do NOT listen to this crap if I don't have to.
I'm listening and the women singing seem like they are TRYING SO HARD to sing like little cutsey girls and it makes me want to vomit. Has anyone else noticed them singing like this, do they think it's cute and/or do Arabs like to hear women acting like little kids? [Confused] I just don't get it.
BTW, I perhaps should have put this in the movies/music section but it is an Egyptian Experience like no other so I thought best to post here.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh just change the channel, Smucks! Don't be bothered! [Smile]

BTW, did you already start feeding solid food to your girl?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It’s worldwide and not limited to Egypt. Women acting like Lolita’s and whatever are on television from the US to Japan. There is a market for Lolita fashion – you see it in music videos all the time – also in movies – most of those actresses in pony tails and catholic school skirts are not teenagers at all, they are adults. The thing now in the West is that teens are being marketed hence the real deal and so grown women acting like little girls is fading away. I’m sure the Arabs will catch up one day. Personally I think it’s sickening and when I see women like this - it just sticks out that they are weird looking and it’s simply visually gross. But admittedly some women get away with it [Big Grin] Soooo if some of you ladies look good in a short catholic/private school skirt and ponytail ... good for you [Embarrassed]
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I was in the other room feeding her so I wasn't near the remote, I was being tortured with the "music".
I agree there is a resounding exploitation of women (always has been) but it has taken a turn to have them look like little girls, it's sickening. My point with these singers is the way they SOUND...I even hear it here in Egypt.
Has anyone heard many of the womens voices here in public? It's such a high pitch squeak I think it will break glass, but once they're at home they let out their boisterious yelps. [Confused]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^WOW that does sound a tad annoying, and maybe even disturbing, though I still don't erally have too much an idea what you're talking about.

quote:
Originally posted by sei-i taishogun:

'by any means necissary' - Malcom X

[Mad] ARRGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm so jealous of you taishogun, that someone has alread come up with such a hilariously random yet cool quote!

Nice.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

You know how they try to act so over-sexy and cutsie cutsie, they push their shoulders up and lower their heads while peering out of the corner of their eyes, like they are sooooo shy as their boobages are falling out of their corsets. [Roll Eyes]
Haifa comes to mind specifically but many others I see do it...it's odd to me, but I'm not used to it I guess so perhaps I see it in a differnet light. ?

Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
You know how they try to act so over-sexy and cutsie cutsie, they push their shoulders up and lower their heads while peering out of the corner of their eyes, like they are sooooo shy as their boobages are falling out of their corsets. [Roll Eyes]
Haifa comes to mind specifically but many others I see do it...it's odd to me, but I'm not used to it I guess so perhaps I see it in a differnet light. ?

You see it in the right light [Big Grin] . It is outrageous.

It is comparable actually to all the women that do their little scenario in ads on TV in other countries, where a telephone number pops up on the screen while their clothes kind of pop off - if you catch my drift. [Roll Eyes] Same effect.

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Give it another five years or so in Egypt and nothing will look anymore strange to ya!! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the shrill voice thing is a bit weird [Confused]

I tried to imitate it as I was talking about this the other day to hubby and there was no way I could reach that pitch [Eek!]

Jean and I were discussing it too and were wondering why in her lounge the whole street could hear our husbands talking!
It was like listening to 2 megaphones!

I felt like Whoopie on the 'View' !

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Yea, that shrill voice that could crack glass, I totally know what you mean.
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya the music in the mid east has definetly changed...i prefer to stick with the classics up to the early 90's...everything else after that is pretty much commercialized...cutting up their faces and singing like minnie mouse to make Rotana some good $$$$$$. I wish they would knock it off. I hate american music and I only stick with arabic...im dating a singer from palestine and he says that if the singers cant sing the classics, then they wont be famous.
i refuse to dance to the new stuff. there are some good ones though.
here is my most favorite:
joseph attieh who won Star academy 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opdAXMHMjgA

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you smusckers. it is really nauseating how they act. Compare shakira with nancy agram.

Shakira has power and moves and jumps arpund the stage while performing.

Nancy stands like a barbie girl, only moving her eye lashes while smiling shyly....

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well you see nancy cant really move her face with all that damn plastic surgery.
you know the deal with them broads....

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com