EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » K-1 and k-3 visa processes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: K-1 and k-3 visa processes
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to hear about everyone's K-1 (fiance) and K-3 (spoousal) experiences.

1. How long did/has it taken?
2. Did you use an immigration attorney or go it alone?
3. Did you have any problems or set backs?
4. Were you approved or denied?
5. Any other pertinent information you would like to share?
6.Has anyone SUCCESSSFULLY used one of those self-made statements that you are free to marry and notarized by your state?

Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
with my exhusband it took us 4 yrs to get his resident card
we didnt need an attorney
the only problem u have is them antine pics and askin so many questions and chekcin u out
we was never denied
when u go to yr interview u better show u love him and alot of proof
i called immigration to get the application they use to be free
now ya goot pay the app was so easy now u need afidavit of support and bookoo bucks lol
i did all thet 12 yrs ago the law has changed so much since then

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am using a lawyer for K3 process. I personally feel safer that way in that the office i am using has a good reputation and at least 3 people look at the forms before they are sent in to make sure there are no errors.
Petitions filed in July, waiting on petition approval.
Make sure you keep all record of contact between each other, all airline boarding passes, all receipts for everything that has to do with the 2 of you. Lots of photos, including family photos. Not so sure i would include emails or chats as they can be rather... intimate and they really do not need to read that. Also i was advised that if an email or chat shows reference to love very early on or calling husband and wife before marriage the consulate tends to call it fraud ( this is not known to me as a fact but was advice given by a different attorney office before i hired the one i have now)

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can send chats and edit them before printin to delete anything more ...intimate as u said lol
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so far, anyone else?
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We filed the K-3 at the end of January. I have heard too many horror stories of lawyers making mistakes to want to use one so I did it myself. It's pretty simple, much like filing a tax return.

Anyways, we got our approval in 68 days back when the Vermont Service Center was fast.(it's different now)

After that the packet 3 was sent to my husband in about two weeks, again pretty quick.

The interview was scheduled for about 3 weeks after they recieved the packet 3 back.

The interviewer did not show up for the interview so he was rescheduled for the following week which totally sucked since 1)I was there for the original interview date and 2)The rescheduled time/date was only a few hours after he dropped me off at the airport and we were both emotionally drained.

That was July 29, 2007. Since then I have called the Dept of State and he has passed all of his security clearances. When I email Cairo I just get the canned response, "your husband's case is pending Administrative Processing".

I really thought he'd be here by now but that's murphy's law for you. I have an appt to meet with my congressman's office tomorrow so we'll see what they can do. I'm not hopeful they can do anything but at least after that I'll know that I have done everything that I can. I think the Administrative Processing black hole of hell is the worst stage of this process since no one can tell you what the heck they really are doing over there. I have visions of our file sitting in a big fat stack on someone's desk all lonely and stuff. lol

The hard part is having your life on hold. His sisters keep saying, "habibi you can tell us that you got the visa, it's ok we can handle it". lol. They really think he has it already but is afraid to tell them 'cause he knows they'll start crying.

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh as far as chats/emails/telephone calls/pictures..............they really could give a hoot. He had everything all neat in a folder and the interviewer could have cared less. He hadn't even looked at the file before interviewing him. I know this because he told my husband that he needed 2 photos, but when I emailed them they said that the photos were all in his file and that he didn't need any extra. It's good to bring the stuff just in case you have an interviewer who is actually interested in finding out if you're legit but in our case, notsomuch.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fairy Dust,
I filed both the I-129F (fiance/spousal visa) and the I-130. I mailed my I-130 in May and I-129F in June. We were approved from USCIS for both petitions on same day on Oct 22nd!!! A couple of days ago.
The I-129F is faster but my husband & I have chosen to go with the CR1 immigrant visa so we don't have to adjust status when he arrives which is around $1100.00 Also with the CR1 he will be able to work immediately.

Of course if you aren't married you must file for the fiance visa but they do get a work permit upon arrival unlike the K-3 visa spousal visa.
If you are married I would suggest the CR-1. It has so many more benefits than the K-3 visa except it does take a little longer.

My husband is Jordanian so we don't expect a long AP or AR process. My understanding is Egypt and Morroco almost always have a period of AP (administrative proccessing or AR(administrative review) basically the same thing. This I have heard can last anywhere from a few weeks to up to 10 months!!! A lot depends on his name.
You may want to check out visajourney.com. It has everything you want to know about visa's and then some.
Good Luck in whatever you choose.

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com