EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Who is your favourite member? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who is your favourite member?
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to make a vote and find out about who is your favourite member in this beloved Egyptsearch forum. Vote one and have fun [Smile]
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh only one? [Frown] I have so many!
I really like different members for different things!
[Frown] I hate to single out just one!

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was actually typing the same opinion as Smuckers [Smile] . I don't have one favourite member either. Lots of people on ES are 'eshta!' for different reasons.
This is what makes ES interesting...
I also like members who don't seem to like each other. [Big Grin] (I mean I like both of them).
Sometimes I wonder about the following; there are more than 14000 members, only a few post regularly? Le??? (= why?? hehehe, just learned this word, I hope it is correct)
The more, the merrier...

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been moderating a messageboard myself, and I know, as long as you don't know the members personally, the postive or negative balance will go up and down. Who is a favourite today, can be totally negative next year.
It is because of the limited view we can make about others by online contact only.
I am a member of that messageboard for 10 years, and the frequency of visiting also is fluctuating, but it still is connected to me by several "threads". Actually last week the members asked me to organise an event that I have been organising 4 years ago, and was succesful.
Even after not being a frequent visitor for years, it seems I stay in their minds, lol.
Most of the members I do not know personally.
I have met two, and one of these seemed to be different as what he claimed to be online, so I broke contact, one is an ocassionaly contact.
Also one is a frequent online contact during all those 10 years. We never met, we often suggested, but for several reasons it never came that far. But, it is appreciated online, and maybe meeting will change this.
For here, I know one former member personally.
This member never visits this board anymore, and there are reasons for this. The advice to me was to do the same because it should be a bunch of negative 'impulses' but I dont see it that black&white.
Anyway, it is an usefull and appreciated contact to me, because it made a lot clear to me, and it seems a safe contact, bringing answers to my questionmarks, hehe.
So, I don't have any favourite members, I have them today, but they can be different tomorrow.
I am aware of the fact that a internetcontact is relative, you can't be sure about them until you meet them.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could always have favourite members for categories, like:

Member with the best sense of humour.

Member who never falls out with anyone.

Member with the most bizarre stories.

Most caring member.

Most adventurous member.

Most flirty member.

Most abusive member.

Happiest member.

We could have the ES awards [Smile]

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am my favorite member [Smile] . Vote Leito and get free boobies!
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leito you are soooo bad!! [Smile]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wanderer:
You could always have favourite members for categories, like:

Member with the best sense of humour.

Member who never falls out with anyone.

Member with the most bizarre stories.

Most caring member.

Most adventurous member.

Most flirty member.

Most abusive member.

Happiest member.

We could have the ES awards [Smile]

I think with that list a true ES fight (row) would really begin! [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it is a nice list if you ask me [Smile] .

Hey advocate, are you back too?? I hope you had a nice trip! You survived the heat??

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ok, I'll be the first to bite:

Member with the best sense of humour. Rumi

Member who never falls out with anyone. desertgirl

Member with the most bizarre stories. josette

Most caring member. believe it or not...VB ! lol

Most adventurous member. this is a difficult one...I really cannot say. [Confused]

Most flirty member. I plead the 5th. NO way am I answering this one. [Wink]

Most abusive member. MUhahahaa I plead the 5th on this one too

Happiest member. American Hammer (LOL Just kidding...probably I would say Dalia)

I will add:

Member with best advice: Cosmogirl

Most humble member: Hetsho

Most religious (beliefs): Wanderer (IMO)

Most talented member: Micky for sure, great recipes

Most attractive member: IMO Alchemist

Member with most interesting info: Tigerlilly or Undercover - it's a tie.

Funniest Member: This changes a lot, these days I would say it is Leito, although it has often been SWYS, and Alchemist is always fast and good with wit.

Kindest guy on ES: VanillaBullshit (hands down)

Smartest on ES: Djeheuti (sp?), WOW I want to borrow her/his brain for a day.

Most Confused ES member: IMO Freshsoda

Kindest girl on ES: too many to name

ohhh the list could go on and on and on..... [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks smucks. i like just about everyone.i cant pin point anyone. not fair but you know who you are [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vote for Alchemist. Sorry girls [Wink] .

Alchemist, you are the best, stay strong.

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Desertgirl, i am still in giza, i fly back to the Uk on Saturday morning unfortunately, i will be so sad to go; although i plan on returning sometime in january which seems so far away now.

The heat has been ok for me as i have not entured out much during the day, preferring to stay cool and catch up on some relaxing reading. [Smile]

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favourite was a guy called Cobracar.....
Liked him so much, I married him!!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keep Smiling
Member # 14274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keep Smiling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
poll ****, is a great member too.
Posts: 69 | From: Egypt, | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Razz]
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she isn't hear anymore is she [Confused] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
thanks smucks. i like just about everyone.i cant pin point anyone. not fair but you know who you are [Smile]

I agree.
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to admit it but.. I too like you all.

Puke.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't it be much easier to post your least favorite member? [Wink]
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:

Puke.

and we love you too mk

double puke [Big Grin] wheres the bucket [Big Grin]

cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite, is this infinitely wise source of wisdom & humility [Smile] don't want to say their name in case they might mind, haven't read your stuff in a minute--would like some new pearls...

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be the second to bite,and excuse me if I forgot anyone or if I missed anything cause im not so deep on here about members:

Member with the best sense of humour: I dont know..,they are lots..

Member who never falls out with anyone: desertgirl and from my knowledge I will add Micky and I think Young at heart also

Member with the most bizarre stories: josette + Hitman

Most caring member: Almaz,Newcomer,Micky..,thats what I remember for now.

Most adventurous member: All of ES members just because they are still inside ES

Most flirty member: I dont know...

Most abusive member: BIG SIGH

Happiest member: I guess Micky,Samia and maxman oh and Karah-Mia also I think..,BTW..,where is Maxman???

My additions:

The most one who I love to read her words about her family: Smuckers...,actually you made me wanna so much to meet them [Smile]

The most problems maker: Leito sure + Sands [Razz] [Razz] [Haddy el le3b shwaya ya 3am leito..,Enta fy kolyet 2eh??]..,[Sands..,will be little softer with members please,just hear them [Smile] ]

The most Active brain cells: wow there is lots really[My SH,MK,SWYS,Dalia,Wanderer,Smuckers,Of_Gold,?????...] I believe there are many..lol,wanna ask something..,How is your sleeping everyday you all??? [Big Grin]

The most make me feel nervous: [S...,S...,L...,A...,A...,D...,A...,H...,F...,O...,E...,Q...] thats for now..,I was gonna say the names but the Censorship prevented me..,you can guess if you want..,but it will always be wrong [Big Grin]

The softest members: from my knowledge Micky,Almaz,smukers specially when she talk about her family,I dont know if i could say that about a man or not..,but Maxman in my opinion included of course and [Rumi for me] [Smile]

The most asking for advices: Tina

The most changing for display name: Amr [emta ba2a hatesbat 3ala esm ya 3am]

The most asking for dating: Hitman [Wink]

The shortest posts: Young at heart and Leito.

The most innocent: guess who..,in my opinion Esso

Member with most interesting info: I agree with smuckers...,Tigerlily and Undercover..,but I wish they were reading arabic.

The most convinced by his/her own opinion: All of ES members...lol

and finally The most beloved member: My sweetheart Rumi.

And yeah..,The list could go on and on....

Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don`t you want to add your story "Use your imagenation" Hetsho?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sure I want..,but im waiting you to answer my question there then I would think for it and go ahead again
Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Sorry, i missed your question. Answered it already.

--------------------

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
ok, I would like to add:

the member with the most beautiful baby-boy; Cosmogirl [Smile]

(It is the only baby-boy of ES I 've ever seen a pic of but wooowwwww, he was looking cute [Wink] [Wink] !!)

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
< It is the only baby-boy of ES I 've ever seen a pic of but wooowwwww, he was looking cute !! >

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Member with most interesting info: I agree with smuckers...,Tigerlily and Undercover..,but I wish they were reading arabic.

Hetsho, are you sure about that? Can you imagine the consequences it would have for this forum? [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:

Puke.

I second that.

Barf. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Hetsho:
The most problems maker: Leito sure + Sands [Razz] [Razz] [Haddy el le3b shwaya ya 3am leito..,Enta fy kolyet 2eh??]all??? [Big Grin]

The shortest posts: Young at heart and Leito.

Me ? Problems ? We are like soooo not associated.
Short posts [Mad] ?! Watch your back! [Razz] [Razz] .

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Heart:
I would like to make a vote and find out about who is your favourite member in this beloved Egyptsearch forum. Vote one and have fun [Smile]

This thread could have been started in a poll like manner so as to find out exactly who the winners are in each category. [Cool]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To All active members since August 2007:

Most of you have great personal qualities!
Many of you have a great sense of humor!
Some of you have a mean streak!!
A few of you are a bit on the weird side!
And it takes ALL of the above to make the ES world an interesting place!

So, to all of you, it is always kind of fun to read your posts!

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
thanks hetsho for your kindness
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:
quote:

This thread could have been started in a poll like manner so as to find out exactly who the winners are in each category. [Cool]
I think these sorts of threads (which seem to pop up every now and then) are for entertainment value more than true voting. There are far too many people on ES that are liked and I personally feel I'm always leaving off about 3 handsfull of people in my lists. [Smile] YOU being one of them, of course, Sash. ES can be a home-away-from home if you get to know enough of the people here.

Great idea Angel heart on the thread but I just think there isn't enough time to list the good qualities of most of the members here. Cheers!

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
To All active members since August 2007:

Most of you have great personal qualities!
Many of you have a great sense of humor!
Some of you have a mean streak!!
A few of you are a bit on the weird side!
And it takes ALL of the above to make the ES world an interesting place!

So, to all of you, it is always kind of fun to read your posts!

What a nice and so diplomatic answer - how could someone not like you, Almaz! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Yes, I agree with Tigerlily, this is a nice answer cause if you really name someone as for example "most funny member", a lot of us might think; "ooh, they did not mention me"...
So this diplomatic answer makes a lot of people happy... [Smile]
Have a nice day everyone!! [Smile]

Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, everybody is unique and different from each others. Thank you for having you all here. [Smile]
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes, everybody is unique

But of course some people are clearly the best at everything *points at himself* [Wink] .
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
that you are leito [Big Grin] cant question that
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Leito I beg your pardon! Don't try to steal MY thunder! [Mad] [Razz]
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, I'm not going to list people for each category, I like lots of people for different reasons,

but i will single one person out as the most caring - Mystic

And that is because she really does seem to give alot of time for people and I dont think i have ever heard her saying something nasty about someone, even when people get at her.
Sometimes I look at some peoples posts and think to myself 'screw loose' but she would be there listening to them and befriending them, and to be honest i think i am jealous of her stamina [Big Grin] I wish i could be more like that and not get irritated by people [Smile]

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Leito I beg your pardon! Don't try to steal MY thunder! [Mad] [Razz]

Aww, here you can have a spark [Razz] .
quote:
Originally posted by Wanderer:
I wish i could be more like that and not get irritated by people [Smile]

Easy, when they start to get on your nerves throw stones at them [Smile] . Works like magic if you can run fast enough.
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you wanderer, but you also have been there and been so patient. You are a very kind person

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
my favorite member is egy doc , i know he went to miami, fla. usa, i miss him so much here
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of nice people inhere. Some of my all time favorites is Micky, Smuckers, Tigerlily, Yorkshire Rose, dawnbev and list goes on - last but not least my good friend on and off line IMAGINE - big hug to Hurghada to you and the lovely hubby. Gab, kids and me will come visit you during eastern holiday i think.

The person i have learned most about egypt is with out a doubt Dahlia. Her posts are always objective and written from experince and knowledge without passing judgement on others.

Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is DawnBev these days? Is she in Egypt again at the moment - not seen her around on here for a while!
Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Dawn will be back in El Gouna in December. She is no longer able to log on to ES from work.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
thanks mrs. tibe, how sweet of you to say [Wink] miss you on here too where have you been?
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky..

thank you so much and likewise you are a favorite of mine. Wish we could make it soon and meet either in miami or philly..take care dear

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com