EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Your favorite book (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your favorite book
Member # 14677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *****     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
quote:
Originally posted by *****:
EAT, PRAY, LOVE By Elizabeth Gilbert

...I have just bought this book and look forward to reading it when I get the time and peace and quiet! [Smile]
Enjoy, fantastic book, the story of writers life
and how she came to accept and love herself and found true love in the process

Posts: 564 | From: planet earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...there's hope for us all then! [Wink]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will read and enjoy anything but i will seek out in a shop J.K Rowling, Martina Cole and Patricia Cromwell.

But i really will read anything.

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
patricia cornwell just read her book of the dead very good also martina cole faceless excellent,
my favourite books are "THE NECROSCOPE SERIES OF 10 BOOKS BY BRIAN LUMLEY" sci fi fantasy and horror rolled into one really really good read [Big Grin]

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i been reading perfectly since i was 5...however i hate it lol

i just can never sit on my ass long enough without getting bored.

i do like cosmopolitan and glamour magazines though if that matters...

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reading perfectly ? Oh wow, we got a talented one. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no really in kindergarten i was the first kid to be able to read. i would lay on the floor and read books to the kids in the class and i was also the youngest too. couldnt tie a shoe for the life of me tho...

dont let me way of talkin fool u...i write how i speak. but if i wanted to do all stick up in the ass kinda of writing, i could do it. but it sucks to be proper.
[Smile]

and it would be HAVE a talented one...not we GOT one. if you GOT me that means u just met me....i been here here quite a while.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like narrative travel books. I'm reading "Playing Cards in Cairo" by Hugh Miles at present.
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *****     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yes audio books are great, especially if one to lazy to read

--------------------
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Posts: 564 | From: planet earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love audio books too *****, wish they were cheaper and more readily available here.

It's nice you can be multi-tasking while listening.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’ve never listened to an audio book, I would somehow feel like a traitor, lol.

Lord of the Rings! Voted number one greatest read, and totally worthy of the title! Yep, by far, my favourite book (and was before the films too).
I certainly wasn't a quick reader, that was actually my weakness in school. But when I was ten, my mum mentioned that book, and I was fascinated by it. So, I dedicated myself to reading it, and it took me a whole year! (Seriously, my reading comprehension was looooowww). Anyway, after reading it, I decided I wanted to write, this led me to find an interest in English, and I become top of the class. Passed, then again at college, and I'm now studying journalism. If I have never read the book, I wouldn't have got that dream, my English would have stayed at the same terrible level, etc etc.
I also love Discworld novels, anything by Micky Zucker Reichert, and Danny Wallace's silly lil books.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WK have you read "the sylmarillion"? excellent book which explains the LOTR saga beforehand
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could actually read that!? I love my fantasy, but one paragraph of that book is enough to make me think, "what the hell?". I have made several attempts of it, but I really can't go further than a page before giving up. Wasn't it actually put together by his son after his death? It wouldn't surprise me, because it just doesn't read like good ol' J R R Tolkien.
The Hobbit is a great little read though, and the film has finally been given the green light, yay.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
yes its my fave LOTR book very hard going but well worth the perseverence WK, i have read it maybe half a dozen times and still find great pleasure in it. the hobbit is also excellent although to me it does not have the same calibre as LOTR.
Beachstrife
Member # 15606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachstrife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Princess Sultanas Daughters...

loved it, just finished reading it while I was in Egypt and was hard to put it down.

Posts: 33 | From: Halifax, NS, Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moniish
Member # 8613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moniish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
Posts: 39 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Disgraced - Saira Ahmed
I have just started reading this and it seems as though I will find it hard to put down

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Disgraced-Forced-Stranger-Betrayed-Survive/dp/0755318161/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224446878&sr=1-1

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila:
Patricia Cormwell just read her book of the dead very good also martina Cole faceless excellent,
[Big Grin]

Love both of theses books. If you go back to Patricia Cromwell start with Post Morton. All her books follow the life of the doc, her niece and the detective. You become quite attached to the characters.
Just read Maira's game by Martina Cole and I could tell there was a book before it, anyone know which one is the prequel.

Also very into Lesley Pearse, I have read hope, faith and now reading charity. I have loved them all and would recommend her as an author

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody read the Twilight Series?

Vampires, yay.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilightseries.html

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Nope not read them but i loved the interview with the vampire trilogy so i might just give them a go too
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com