EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Woman stabbed to death after she refuses live TV proposal from ex-boyfriend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Woman stabbed to death after she refuses live TV proposal from ex-boyfriend
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother-of-one is killed after she refuses TV proposal from abusive ex-boyfriend
Last updated at 18:49pm on 26th November 2007

Comments Comments (3)
Angry viewers are demanding a Spanish chat show is scrapped after a man stabbed his ex-girlfriend to death just days after she refused a marriage proposal broadcast on the programme.

Svetlana Orlava had no idea why she had been invited on Patricia's Daily Show, but was appalled when confronted by an ex boyfriend who had beaten her for years.

Ms Orlava even had a court order requiring Ricardo Navarro, 30, to keep at least 500 metres away from her.

Scroll down for more...
Svetlana Orlava and Ricardo Navarro

Shock: Abusive ex Ricardo Navarro gets down on one knee to propose to Svetlana Orlava

But during the programme he came within inches of her.

"I want you to marry me. You're everything for me. Everything, everything," said Ricardo, getting to his knees and bringing out a ring as Svetlana watched uncomfortably.

Presenter Patricia Gaztanaga had to push the Russian mother-of-one to respond.

"Come on Svetlana, say something, we're all here waiting," said Gaztanaga, before the woman produced the answer that Ricardo was apparently unable to accept: "No."

Scroll down for more...
Svetlana Orlava and Ricardo Navarro

Clearly unimpressed Ms Orlava, who was days later stabbed to death, says 'no' to Navarro

Five days later Mr Navarro was arrested after allegedly stabbing Ms Orlava repeatedly in the neck. She died in hospital, leaving behind a two-year-old son.

Women's groups were up in arms over the case: "You can't mislead a woman into meeting her abuser, because of the consequences which we now know of," said Ana Maria Perez del Campo, from the Federation of Separated and Divorced Women.

The Association of Television Viewers in the eastern region of Catalonia demanded that television station Antena 3 drop its popular "Patricia's Diary" show, which attracts more than two million viewers a day.

"People who make television should learn not to manipulate human emotions in order to get audience share," said the association's president Josep Ma Guerra i Mercadal.

With a constant parade of weeping, quarrelling guests, Patricia's Diary specializes in getting ordinary people to reveal their most intimate problems and confront errant loved ones in front of an afternoon television audience.

Watch the TV footage here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFCY9e-eISI

A spokesman for Antena 3 said the station had done all it could to determine whether any of its guests were dangerous.

"Antena 3 utterly condemns this killing," he said, without making further comment.

The death of Ms Orlava is not the first incident of violence between people whose emotional conflicts have been broadcast on television.

In one famous case, a U.S. man shot and killed a friend who had revealed he was homosexually attracted to him on The Jenny Jones Show in 1995.

web page

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could watch this program on Spain tv on normal airing time,and i had a gut feeling something was gonna happen just by watching the face of the guy when she bluntly told him NO to his marriage proposal. [Eek!] [Frown]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why did she agree to appear on the show in the first place with a man that she had a restraining order against [Mad] madness!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm stupid [Razz] .
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ It said clearly that she didn't expect to see him there...there was a restraining order.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry re read it, she didn't know why she was there, it is apalling.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
why did she agree to appear on the show in the first place with a man that she had a restraining order against [Mad] madness!

I watch this program quite frequently and 99% of the time the other part of each situation presented ignores the reason they have been invited as a guest.More than once a guest has stepped out the stage and quit after learning the reason to be there.
I consider it dangerously manipulates emotions. [Frown]

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Same thing is has been accused of a programme here, alcoholics being given alcohol before they go on, being told bad things about the people they are about to face on stage.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG.... what a horrible thing happened there! [Eek!] She obviously had her reason(s) why to refuse his marriage proposal. There was a reason why he was the EX -boyfriend. What a crazy man, kills the woman because she refuses to marry him on TV! I am sure that he was the one who had the idea to go to the show and force her this way to accept his proposal. Nothing is worse than a possessive and jealous ex!!!

What a really really sad story this is... [Frown]

I agree the show should be immediately canceled!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't something like this happen a few years ago in America on Jenny Jones? Except it was two men....one was being woo'ed by an anonymous admirer and another MAN walks out! [Eek!] The admired man was so disgusted, embarassed and humuliated that later he shot the man who had a crush on him.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Didn't something like this happen a few years ago in America on Jenny Jones? Except it was two men....one was being woo'ed by an anonymous admirer and another MAN walks out! [Eek!] The admired man was so disgusted, embarassed and humuliated that later he shot the man who had a crush on him.

Yes,i remember that case.This type of the so called and much in vogue now reality tv is indeed dangerous. [Eek!]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Jenny Jones Murder: What Really Happened?

OUT magazine
June 1995

http://www.signorile.com/articles/outjjm.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com