EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Mother lets go of daughter's buggy to catch her runaway son... then sees it crushed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mother lets go of daughter's buggy to catch her runaway son... then sees it crushed
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother lets go of daughter's buggy to catch her runaway son... then sees it crushed by a lorry
By JAYA NARAIN - More by this author » Last updated at 20:23pm on 27th November 2007

Comments Comments (4)
Noor Taswar

Tragic: 18-month-old Noor Taswar was crushed under the wheels of a recycling lorry when her buggy rolled off the pavement
A toddler was crushed by a lorry in front of her mother yesterday after her pushchair rolled off the pavement into a busy road.

Noor Taswar, 18 months, was killed instantly by the 30-ton vehicle.

Her mother Shamilla, 24, let go of the pushchair when Noor's four-year-old brother Ali managed to slip from his mother's grasp.

As she went to catch him, Noor's buggy toppled into the path of the lorry in the busy Newmarket Road in Ashton under Lyne, Manchester. The driver was powerless to stop in time and ploughed into the pushchair, leaving Noor trapped under the wheels.

A police source said: "It is an appalling tragedy that was the result of a freak set of circumstances. No one blames anyone.

"It was just one of those dreadful things that sometimes occur and it is not the fault of any party.

"The mother was totally devastated and absolutely inconsolable and our thoughts are with her and her family today.

"It is a shocking and horrendous tragedy."

Scroll down for more...

Devastated: Doste Mohammad and Taswar Ghulam, the father and grandfather of 18-month-old Noor
Noor Taswar

Police at the scene in Manchester: No one else was injured in the accident which happened at around 3.30pm in Ashton under Lyne

No one else was injured in the accident, which happened at 3.30pm in Ashton under Lyne, Manchester, just after Ali had been picked up from his nursery.

Noor's mother and the HGV driver, who works for wood recycling firm Hadfield of Droylsden, were treated in hospital for shock before being discharged.

Scroll down for more...

Floral tributes: The spot where Noor Taswar died

Last night, Noor's father, taxi driver Taswar Ghulam, said: "She was my beautiful little girl, the light of my life. When I would come into the house she would always run to me and cuddle me and it breaks my heart to think that will never happen again.

"Noor was at the beginning of her life and was starting to blossom into a beautiful, wonderful little flower.

"I will always remember her as my beautiful, bright little girl. We are struggling to come to terms with what has happened."

Mr Ghulam's father Doste Mohammad, 61, added: "This is a tragic accident and the whole family is in a very bad state.

"My daughter-in-law is suffering from shock. She went unconscious to the hospital, she can't say anything. She is in a very bad state.

"I was told the little boy left his mum's hand and as she reached to catch him the pushchair somehow slipped off the pavement and overturned in the road.

"We're all devastated, she was a lovely little girl. I can't explain what we are going through. Everybody is shocked, especially her father."

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: "The child died at the scene. Her mother is being comforted by her family."

web page

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] Words cannot even describe

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about using a double stroller where both kids fit in and are safely placed? Security for the children and less headache for the mother.

What a beautiful little girl. Has anyone looked at her pic? What a loss..... [Frown]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terrible [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my god that is my worst fear, losing my little girl. i cant even imagine how that woman feels...i hope they dont have any resentment towards the little boy. i would literally kill myself if that happened to me. omg. the driver must feel like a monster. how awful:(
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How sad. [Frown]
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another tragic accident:

First pictures: The father and son, 5, who drowned on Spanish holiday

These are the first pictures of the father and son who died when a wave swept them away during a family holiday to Spain.

Symon Howlett, 32, and his son Jay, five, drowned after the youngster and his brother Thomas, nine, were knocked off a rock while posing for photographs.

The boys' mother, Deborah, saw her husband rescue Thomas only for Mr Howlett to die trying to save their younger child.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We belong to Allah and it is to Him we will return.

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't even imagine what that mother is going through. Just devastating. [Frown]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i seen this on our local news its very sad and she is a beautifl girl bless her
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com