EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Foot in The Mouth Disease

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Foot in The Mouth Disease
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people display the foot in the mouth disease on ES. I had my very own real life (off ES) foot in the mouth episode yesterday – I said something stupid – real stupid. Nothing insulting at all but just poor choice of words and something stupid and what upsets me is that such was only a small part of the conversation but it is what stuck out . I am embarrassed, ashamed, disappointed, and regretful all at once when I think about this situation. I feel better today than I did yesterday but I know it will resurface again.

I won’t share what I said but it was stupid – real stupid and I don’t mean stupid in an intellectual capacity I mean stupid as in the wrong thing to say. Damn ufffffffffff!!!!

I’m just grateful such happens once in a blue moon – I am working on damage control and I just don’t know. I tell myself it's just life efff it life goes on - and i adhere with this philosophy but i just feel so bad and it's so unlike me because usually i don't give a damn.

Anyway – what are your experiences with foot in the mouth disease – either being inflicted with it or being the recipient of such.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chill man. I'm the fastest person to regret what I said coz it was stupid.

Wanna trade your one embarrassment with all of mine [Big Grin] ?

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with Leito, chill man!!!! I am always saying things i regret but at the end of the day they are just words and they do not kill people!!! It is you that suffers more because of the embarassment but remember we are all only human beings [Wink] If you want to make yourself feel better check my postings and you will see many stupid things that i have said hee hee [Big Grin]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There’s a saying that goes ‘sleep in the bed you made’ and that’s my predicament – the thing with feelings including our own is we can’t simply shut them off or alleviate them if we genuinely feel bad about what we did or said – I’m going to make a call now and see where I stand – this should at least bring me some resolve, good or bad.
Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
resolution is always a good option at least you will know where you stand - best of luck [Smile]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alhamdulillah relax dude. Don't let anyone rain on your parade..including yourself..

I remember a joke about the movie the 6th sense (with Bruce Willis)..wherein the boy says (in the joke): I see stupid people but they don't know they're stupid.. [Big Grin] At least you're not one of those people..

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

You guys are positive minded and that is a great quality – everything will be alright.

Thanks

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Exiled, did you get it resolved?

Like they all said, we all say (and do) stupid things sometimes, best just to hold your hands up and admit it. The best people are those that forgive our mistakes.

I have said things (not even major things) and spoke my mind, and those people have sulked permanantly, the way i look at those occasions is that i didn't loose anything, if people cannot accept we all make mistakes then they're not worth knowing.

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had this disease a lot....but mostly I say one thing and it is intrepreted to mean something other than what I meant. I have that problem so much I think it is often MY problem.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wanderer:

Like they all said, we all say (and do) stupid things sometimes, best just to hold your hands up and admit it. The best people are those that forgive our mistakes.

I have said things (not even major things) and spoke my mind, and those people have sulked permanantly, the way i look at those occasions is that i didn't loose anything, if people cannot accept we all make mistakes then they're not worth knowing.

Exactly!
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My BIL is staying with us at the moment and is suffering from a serious outbreak of this condition.

The worst thing is that he is totally unaware that he is saying totally the wrong things every single time he opens his mouth. I'm trying to be patient and put it down to language barriers, but really and truly I want to sew up his mouth as tightly as possible

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, I do this all the time - I get myself tongue tied and say the most ridiculous things!!! I find an apology works wonders, and that its normally me that is the most concerned.

The person I think I've upset, bats it off knowing that it was foot in mouth! You'll be fine [Razz]

Get over it - isn't that a bit tricky with a new baby in the house? I admire you having an extended family member living with you at such a time!

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by Wanderer:

"and those people have sulked permanantly"

That does not sound comforting at all and i think i am resigned to a similar fate. You are right though people are very unforgiving creatures. It feels like my image is shattered and if it is then it was fragile to begin with.

I am however beginning to get back into my I don’t give a damn attitude. If anything I am just a little embarrassed now but that will pass. I messed up and there is nothing I can do to take back what I said. Nothing! If anything I am a little defiant now. And when I address this situation fully I will say something like:

you ever had a foot in the mouth situation? Well that is what happened to me. I don’t why i said that and I am embarrassed but khalas can we just talk normal now – please

I am not going to beat myself over it anymore – the world is crumbling around us – there is misery all around us. I have two legs and two hands and a roof over my head and alhamdulilah.

Yeah I relaxed today – made some seafood chowder with the honey – I’ll watch some movies later and just live life – if people are going to stigmatize me for what I said then so be it – it won’t be the first time and it won’t be the last time being an outcast – my game plan or my damage control will focus on one person and I’ll use a line like I wrote above in bold or whatever comes out. The universal advice is to listen more and talk less – the thing is we forget such advice during heated conversations.

Ahh well efff it

Habeeby
Member # 14429

Exiled maybe you should not consider yourself an 'outcast' just a bit of a 'rebel' and anyway tomorrow is another day - todays news is tomorrows trash, i always wait for somebody to take my place on the 'stupid shelf' it never takes very long!!!! trust me!!!! [Wink]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by get_over_it:
My BIL is staying with us at the moment and is suffering from a serious outbreak of this condition.

The worst thing is that he is totally unaware that he is saying totally the wrong things every single time he opens his mouth. I'm trying to be patient and put it down to language barriers, but really and truly I want to sew up his mouth as tightly as possible

Considering the circumstances perhaps you can have your brother ask him not to say anything for the time being? I know he's only trying to be helpful but perhaps he keeps saying the things because he thinks it helps you. Just a thought. I don't know, it is a tough situation.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Have a good heart to heart with him and try to teach him some empathy, understanding and the impact that what he says can have on people, maybe he is just oblivious [Frown]
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mean to hijack your thread Exiled.

I can't find the turtle thread and I have just become overly concerned about your turtle.

How is he/she?

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003961

Here you go Of_Gold.

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

aahhhh [Smile] I see
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks soozi. I can continue my day now. [Wink]
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Lol, glad to be of service! [Smile] Hope you have a great day!
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
I don't mean to hijack your thread Exiled.

I can't find the turtle thread and I have just become overly concerned about your turtle.

How is he/she?

He is doing fine – I see Soozi posted a link to the vet thread and I just wrote an update on the little guy there.

Thanks for asking.

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless the 'slip of the tongue' is something really out of place (I mean REALLY), I try not to bother my head about it these days. Gosh, I already have hypertension!
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nigga please.

I could fill encyclopedia volumes with retarded things I have said.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
Nigga please.

I could fill encyclopedia volumes with retarded things I have said.

Mine would be bigger. [Razz]
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Leito you are a typical man - they always claim to have the biggest one [Wink] ha ha ha
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wanna bet ?
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by habeeby:
Leito you are a typical man - they always claim to have the biggest one [Wink] ha ha ha

Take that,Leito!
ROFL [Big Grin]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com