EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » domestic violence and islam - Women's rights

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: domestic violence and islam - Women's rights
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
advice please:

if there is violence in a relationship and the wife asks the husband to leave the home and the husband takes the rent money, leaves and the wife is left with £3000 debt... where does she stand islamically?

Does she forefit any rights even though she asked the husband to leave due to these circumstances, and even though she still loves the husband and would take him back ONLY on the condition that he get help for his anger? even though he doesnt think he has a problem?

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the Islamic rules will bring her money to pay the rent, or, do you expect her husband would come bring in money because of his religion? His religion is also telling him that he must not use voilence, nevertheless he does!
Is this England or Egypt, English wife or Egyptian wife?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he doesn't think there is a problem why are you concerned with the rules in Islam. Islam does not condone domestic violence so he is not respecting his own religion.

If he can't respect his own religion this husband needs to learn very fast that he DOES have to respect and abided by the laws of the county he is living in. I assume we are talking about the UK here? UK law does not tolerate domestic violence and a report to the police is whats really needed. Perhaps then he will think about returning the rent money he has stolen. Islam is very serious on crimes such as stealing. Isn't that a Hadd crime?

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allah says (translated)(Please read the ayat slowly and carefully):

"If you fear a breach between them twain (the man and his wife),appoint (two) arbitrators one from his family and the other from hers. If they both wish peace, Allah will cause their reconciliation. Indeed Allah is Ever All knower, Well-Acquainted with all things." Suratul An Nisa verse 35

The two should follow the advice from Allah Azza wa Jal and seek help and prayer in this regards. The "Knowledgeable" Imam and preferably a well known and respected Alim (Scholar) should be involved in this abritration process. He will be able to provide advice from an Islamic prospective as well as a worldly prospective because he has dealth with similar cases in the community wa Allahu Alim.

Allah says: "If you do not know then ask the people of knowledge (scholars)." If you are in UK PM me and I can direct you to several Masjids that may be of help for you insha Allah ta'ala.

I advise you to stay netural, because ALWAYS, ALWAYS there are two sides to a story and before one can make any type of judgement it is only fair that both sides have the opportunity to be heard.

And with Allah lies the success.

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for your advice
Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And with Allah may your man be justified in beating you if you do not obey him, if you do not make yourself available to him, if you do not cover yourself, if you should look any man in the eye other thn your husband, if you should go out unaccompanied, and the list goes on and on and on.....
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by habeeby:
And with Allah may your man be justified in beating you if you do not obey him, if you do not make yourself available to him, if you do not cover yourself, if you should look any man in the eye other thn your husband, if you should go out unaccompanied, and the list goes on and on and on.....

That type of response goes a long way it helping the poster with a sincere problem.
The object of the game is to provide advice that will be beneficial in helping the poster deal with a very credible issue.

I can see where your input does that and is helpful.

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope this is not you wanderer you are speaking of. [Frown] If you need help let someone know, there is always help to be had.
[Frown]

To answer your question, he doesn't have the right to beat you. If he is quoting something in Islam that gives him the right then he is twisting the Islam to fit what he wants to do. He knows that and you do, too (or whomever was beaten). There is right to divorce and I would never put up with this until and unless there was some intense psychotherapy acquired by the husband. There is no excuse for that, I don't care what he's stressed or angry about. Don't even get me into the love topic. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cocoapuffs
Member # 9452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cocoapuffs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

where does it say you can beat a woman for looking a man in the eye, or for going out unaccompanied?

please stop applying the extreme case of Saudi Arabia to the entire muslim world.

Posts: 120 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why it's what your husband is doing to you. [Confused]

quote:
Originally posted by cocoapuffs:
quote:

where does it say you can beat a woman for looking a man in the eye, or for going out unaccompanied?

please stop applying the extreme case of Saudi Arabia to the entire muslim world.

Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com