EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Love & Sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Love & Sex
pandora2008
Member # 14686

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for pandora2008     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read some things that make me thing that Egypt is some sort of wierd police state, watching everyone's personal business. My US friend travels to Egypt and registers in a hotel (a north american chain type of hotel) She signs in as a "single" person. Her married Eyptian lover then comes to her room and the rest we can guess. If Egypt is so restrictive, how come the police don't go banging down the door on this kind of "elcit" behaviour? Do they really watch people that closely???????
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well when she meets up with him next time in a hotel room the police might just knock on the door. It means trouble for him, not for your friend. I understood her Egyptian guy is married to someone local.... lovely. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel icky. [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was in there my Husband came to the hotel and they watched his every move.... I was so mad by the way he was treated [Mad] He tried comming to my room and was stopped so we had to meet always in the lobby [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i never had a problem when i came there.was never questioned about our marriage or papers , my husband always got the flat rented before i got there .we would walk in and the manager was very helpful and so glad to see me, always asking if i needed anything.i guess i just was lucky [Smile] or my husband was well respected by them
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its really up to which hotel you are staying in
for example if you stayed in that hotel next to city stars or 4 seasons no one will bother look and pay 2000 le per night or so

let me put it this way what you pay does matter

again there is cheap hotels like delta sharm can provide the services with tea money concept

cheers
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agree with amr, also depends on the personality of the man

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Well-Behaved Women Nvr Make History:
its really up to which hotel you are staying in
for example if you stayed in that hotel next to city stars or 4 seasons no one will bother look and pay 2000 le per night or so

let me put it this way what you pay does matter

again there is cheap hotels like delta sharm can provide the services with tea money concept

cheers
amr

This is totally true:the cheaper the hotel,the more you're gonna be watched over.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to watch the cleaning staff in the hotels! They are not cleaning only the floors rather bad than good but many of them signed up as undercover agents and report any suspicious activity straight to supervisors!

So before sneaking together into the room, verify no one is in the hallway, cleaning staff, other guests whatever...

[Cool]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mizz Egypt:
You have to watch the cleaning staff in the hotels! They are not cleaning only the floors rather bad than good but many of them signed up as undercover agents and report any suspicious activity straight to supervisors!

So before sneaking together into the room, verify no one is in the hallway, cleaning staff, other guests whatever...

[Cool]

50 le should sort your undercover agents [Big Grin]
Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No bribe helps if you simply overlook the person!

But I always say in Egypt even the walls and the doors have eyes and ears! [Wink]

shaxly
Member # 14523

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shaxly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
best way to do it is to book in a busy hotel where the front desk is always busy, the police is not going to come knock on your door but they will ask the manager to do so, what actually happens is that tourism police checks the hotels room register and documents given to the reception desk and check if there is a suspicious booking along with info they get from housekeeping staff.
Posts: 99 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caringforwomen
Member # 14617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caringforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are they so concerned with people's business? I could care less what someone does in their hotel. I don't worry about what everyone else is doing.
Posts: 384 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Welcome to Egypt, caringforwomen! [Big Grin]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caringforwomen:
Why are they so concerned with people's business? I could care less what someone does in their hotel. I don't worry about what everyone else is doing.

I used to think the same way to no avail...*sigh* [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caringforwomen
Member # 14617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caringforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it really matter if the old man next door to you is screwing his twentish co-worker? Does it really pay to get in his business? I've learned that it doe not pay to be a busy-body.
Posts: 384 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bokragirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well when she meets up with him next time in a hotel room the police might just knock on the door. It means trouble for him, not for your friend. I understood her Egyptian guy is married to someone local.... lovely. [Roll Eyes]

lord [Roll Eyes] bet he wants her money
Posts: 82 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bokragirl:
quote:

Oh, may my Egyptian man is faithfull to me forever as he asked me to close his mind from thinking other girls, to close his heart from loving other girls, to close his eyes from seeing other girls.
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Culture Club:
quote:
quote:

Oh, may my Egyptian man is faithfull to me forever as he asked me to close his mind from thinking other girls, to close his heart from loving other girls, to close his eyes from seeing other girls.
i wonder how you gona be able to do that

it must come from his heart and his soul

cheers

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Well-Behaved Women Nvr Make History:
quote:
Originally posted by Culture Club:
quote:
quote:

i wonder how you gona be able to do that

it must come from his heart and his soul

cheers

Lets put it this way, he may look but touching is something else.

Unless he wants to have his head severed or be dragged to death behind a donkey cart he'll keep his hands to himself.

Meeting other western women on the internet is a possibility though.

Yet from what I can see in a rather large single Arab male community here in Minneapolis/St. Paul these guys all are accounted for, engaged before they leave for the west. Not too many hook up with western women once they get here.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:

Yet from what I can see in a rather large single Arab male community here in Minneapolis/St. Paul these guys all are accounted for, engaged before they leave for the west. Not too many hook up with western women once they get here.

Interesting survey you did there. Although slim chances for you, I understand! [Big Grin]
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

Interesting survey you did there. Although slim chances for you, I understand! [Big Grin]
And there are plenty of single GIs at the Ramstad (sp?) military base.

Remember you have too much to lose (children, financial support from the husband and military....

But not the love and adoration from your husband, that isn't anything you are afraid of losing.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
And there are plenty of single GIs at the Ramstad (sp?) military base.

OMG.... my husband is working this week in Ramstein! Should I be worried about him??? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TL as long as Ramstein is not in Russia i think you can relax [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Heehee... hubby and me are planning for quite a while now to visit Moscow and St. Petersburg - ISA upon his retirement!! [Smile]
pandora2008
Member # 14686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pandora2008     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm really surprised at some of the replies, esp. the ones about my friend having the police come knocking on the door. I'm sure I would have heard about that if that ever happened. My freind and a couple of other gals and me get together and talk a lot (like of like sex andthe city, but not nearly as active shall we say)

My friend's in business and knowing her I can't imagine that she ever stayed in a cheap type of hotel -- more like Hilton, Sheraton, Intercontinental (that type of place -- although I'm not sure what specifically is available where she meets lover boy LOL

I am guessing (although I can't confirm this) that she wouldn't have Mr. go along with her to the room -- but I'm not sure).

Anyway, I told her I think it's kind of dangerous to do this sort of thing in the Middle East, but she says I'm paranoid and they never had any problem. She's off again in a week or so -- do you think she's just been luckey so far and that I'm right that this is dangereous (esp. since Mr. cuties is married and lives there????

Good point about maybe he wants her for her $ but maybe not. He was an exchange student in Chicago and they were in University together.

Aprart from the whole moral thing (which yea, it's major sketchy) do you think they have just been lucky or do the so-called cosmopolitan hotels just "close their eyes"?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pandora2008
Member # 14686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pandora2008     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read the following on the Religion forum.

Topic: Amnesty urges Iran to stop stoning executions
LONDON (Reuters) - Amnesty International on Tuesday called on Iran to abolish the "grotesque and horrific" practice of stoning people to death.
Amnesty, which opposes the death penalty under any circumstances, said an Iranian man had been stoned to death in July last year for committing adultery, despite a moratorium being imposed on such executions in 2002.

The woman he was convicted of committing adultery with still faces the threat of being stoned, a practice that involves the woman being buried up to her breasts in sand and then pelted with stones until she dies."

But the problem here of course, is that because stoning is sanctioned by Islamic law, (ahadith) this appeal will fall on deaf ears in Tehran.

Hey guys, Is this for real??? Are people actually punished &/or killed in the middle east in 2008 for adultry??? Should I be tying my g/f up in a closet so she dosen't get herself in BIG BIG TROUBLE????????

momean
Member # 14636

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for momean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well who told u that the police is who stoping us to be in awoman in one flat and we are not marreid to her excauze me its not the police who stop us its allah and his lovley rules and the morals in this socitey its so deferenet

--------------------
momeannnn bashaa

Posts: 23 | From: egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG.... my husband is working this week in Ramstein! Should I be worried about him???

Is that base in germany?
I stayed here i think, my friend was a nanny and i spent alot time in this american base, is it close to kausierslueten, heheheheh cant spell, but my god it was a fab part of of germany.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
[Wink]
kentuckygirl9
Member # 9949

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kentuckygirl9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 years ago, my daughter and my mom went to Egypt and the tourist police stood outside our door allllllllllll night. They walked 30 yards behind us as we would walk to the lobby. It kinda freaked me out.
Posts: 41 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kentuckygirl9
Member # 9949

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kentuckygirl9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they notice your friend and him together, they will knock on the door Im sure. But if she walks in the hotel and he walks in a little later, and goes through the busy hotel, then maybe they wont be noticed really. If attention is drawn im sure they will get attention. Some hotels are stricter than others. NOthing will happen to your friend, but he will be the one having to make an account. Maybe he got the orfi paper where they wont question them, after all they can marry 4. Who knows. Its more his problem than hers I think and he knows his country so dont worry about it much. The second time I went to Egypt I stayed in a different hotel and no one followed us or stood outside the door. Egypt is not Iran and they wont stone her.
Posts: 41 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Herb decided to propose to Sandy, but prior to her acceptance Sandy
had to confess to her man about her childhood illness.

She informed Herb that she suffered a disease that left her breasts at
the maturity of a 12 year old. He stated that it was OK because he loved
her sooo much.

However, Herb felt this was also the time for him to open up and admit
that the had a deformity too. Herb looked Sandy in the eyes and
said...."I too have a problem. My willy is the same size as an infant

and I hope you could deal with that once we are married."

She said, "Yes I will marry you and learn to live with your infant size
winky."

Sandy and Herb got married and they could not wait for the honeymoon.
Herb whisked Sandy off to their hotel suite and they started touching
and teasing, holding one another.

As Sandy put her hands in Herb's pants, she began to scream and ran
out of the room!

Herb ran after her to find out what was wrong.

She said, "You told me your willy was the size of an infant!"

Yes, it is....

'7 Pounds 8 Ounces and 19" Long' [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com