EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » goodbye

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: goodbye
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know...I know...I hate these posts too but I'm posting it in the hopes that the attacks will stop. I came here a year and a half ago to learn about Egypt since I was going there to meet the love of my life. Well I learned a lot more than about Egypt. I have made many good friends on this board, learned a lot about life in general and now it's time for me to move on.

This forum is really getting to be just a watering hole for those who only want to hurt others. Sure there are a few good people on here but for the most part it's a free-for-all to just dig their teeth into other people only to try to hurt them for whatever reason.

I will never regret the time I have spent here because each minute of this life is a lesson to be learned for me. I wish you all the best of happiness that life has to give you. I just cannot stay because signing on every day just to see myself and my husband slandered and not responding in kind to the ones doing it is getting harder and I'd rather not respond to these types of posts anymore since it's just useless.

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bokragirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
buh bye now
Posts: 82 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doodlebug, as much as your behaviour and attitude sometimes grates on me (and the same applies in reverse)... it may surprise you to know that I don't want you to leave ES. Neither do I approve of any of the troll attacks on you. If people have something to say, they should do so directly. This doesn't mean that I don't agree with some of their observations, simply the manner in which they are expressed. We have had lots of pretty ugly exchanges, but they have been done in the open.

We have a rare moment of agreement, regarding the subject of hatred. I honestly don't hate anyone on this forum, nor could I. How can you hate someone you haven't even met? I do detest some behaviours though. There are more than a few good people on this forum. Maybe if you stay, you'll see this more clearly.

Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramesses
Member # 13179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramesses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bokragirl:
buh bye now

congratulation

http://i17.tinypic.com/6tf7aew.jpg

welcome

Posts: 552 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lumos, I agree with you totally. There seems to be alot of underhanded attacks on members using fake names, they should at least be open as to who they are. Doodle don't leave, if you do then they win.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bokragirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh hell! count the # of people that doods has hurt with her posts! Then a few say what they think about her and she tucks her tail and runs. what goes around comes around
Posts: 82 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumos:
Doodlebug, as much as your behaviour and attitude sometimes grates on me (and the same applies in reverse)... it may surprise you to know that I don't want you to leave ES. Neither do I approve of any of the troll attacks on you. If people have something to say, they should do so directly. This doesn't mean that I don't agree with some of their observations, simply the manner in which they are expressed. We have had lots of pretty ugly exchanges, but they have been done in the open.

We have a rare moment of agreement, regarding the subject of hatred. I honestly don't hate anyone on this forum, nor could I. How can you hate someone you haven't even met? I do detest some behaviours though. There are more than a few good people on this forum. Maybe if you stay, you'll see this more clearly.

And you SWYS is the upmost authority on ES troll wisdom aren't yah?

You just want doodlebug to stick around so you'd have a convenient target for your attacks.

Why the heck are you so damn high on yourself? What part of Manchester do you hail from that produces such a cynic?

Doodlebug expresses her views in a manner of someone who actually must confront her westerner lifestyle with Egyptian lifestyle. She has real life experience in regards to the vast majority of topics on ES.

You went one one Nile Cruise and that somehow makes you an authority to judge ES members who must blend day to day life between both western and Egyptian cultures.

Gees, do those Nile Cruise lines hand out "Expert Diplomas" on Egyptian culture for every passenger ticket?

Did Mubarak personally bestow upon you great and unriveled wisdom by the stroke of his wand?

Or are you one of the many British peasants who hold onto the "British Empire" past as an unequivical expert on all British Empire domains?

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
but she makes herself a target
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
but she makes herself a target

Because she has actual real experience?

A troll has nothing to lose because a troll doesn't have actual real experience.

How can a fraud (there are many frauds on ES) feel hurt or threatened by being confronted? A fraud who wants so badly for their online ES alias to be real will feel pain when confronted with their fraud reality.

Slandering, attacking and flamming an ES member who is very much real and involved with combining Egyptian/Western life is just what these fake ES alias and ES fraud members need to deflect suspicion.

Leaving real ES members alone who geniunely deal with the conflict of blending the two cultures will limit the amount of influence ES alias/trolls and ES frauds have over the leisurely ES member.

If group think is strong enough and prevailant enough the reality will seem false and the frauds/trolls will appear to be truthful and less suspicious.

Keep in mind these trolls/alias and frauds want ES members to trust and like them so ES members will share personal information they don't want all of ES to know about. ES trolls/frauds can use this as leverage to get them on board with their schemes.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
posted 14 January, 2008 10:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And you SWYS is the upmost authority on ES troll wisdom aren't yah?

You just want doodlebug to stick around so you'd have a convenient target for your attacks.

Why the heck are you so damn high on yourself? What part of Manchester do you hail from that produces such a cynic?

Doodlebug expresses her views in a manner of someone who actually must confront her westerner lifestyle with Egyptian lifestyle. She has real life experience in regards to the vast majority of topics on ES.

You went one one Nile Cruise and that somehow makes you an authority to judge ES members who must blend day to day life between both western and Egyptian cultures.

Gees, do those Nile Cruise lines hand out "Expert Diplomas" on Egyptian culture for every passenger ticket?

Did Mubarak personally bestow upon you great and unriveled wisdom by the stroke of his wand?

Or are you one of the many British peasants who hold onto the "British Empire" past as an unequivical expert on all British Empire domains?

[Big Grin] Sur Reality Meanie, calm down, you are still up there in the laughing stocks gallery of ES' most certifiable lunatics. Do you even know more than one city in the UK, apart from Manchester?

You've been to Egypt a total of three times, without your husband? I've been to Egypt numerous times, with my family, then with my husband. I've travelled widely there and been on several crusises - including one on Lake Nasser. You have seen the backstreets of Shebin. I've spent a total of years there and have numerous friends; you've spent weeks there, perhaps a few months, in total. I see why it bugs you when people enjoy Egypt, as your experiences there have been only sad.

That you try to make everything on ES a competition, is risible - as you always lose in every category. [Frown] I have never claimed to be anything more than a visitor to Egypt. You barely even scrape into that sector.

Your views on the Brtish Empire, Egyptian men, Egyptian families, social mores [Big Grin] ...whatever, all sound like the babblings of a simpleton - a child in a woman's head. You always think the Emperor is wearing clothes, don't you, Sono? [Razz]

Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramesses
Member # 13179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramesses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Laughing.... [Big Grin] Sur Reality Meanie, calm down, you are still up there in the laughing stocks gallery of ES' most certifiable lunatics. Your place in the clowns gallery is assured! [Razz] Do you even know more than one city in the UK, apart from Manchester?

You've been to Egypt a total of three times, without your husband? I've been to Egypt numerous times, with my family, then with my husband. I've travelled widely there and been on several crusises - including one on Lake Nasser. You have seen the backstreets of Shebin. I've spent a total of years there and have numerous friends; you've spent weeks there, perhaps a few months, in total. I see why it bugs you when people enjoy Egypt, as your experiences there have been only sad.

That you try to make everything on ES a competition, is risible - as you always lose in every category. [Frown] I have never claimed to be anything more than a visitor to Egypt. You barely even scrape into that sector.

congratulation .. 2nd time

http://i17.tinypic.com/6tf7aew.jpg

welcome

Posts: 552 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Laughing.... [Big Grin] Sur Reality Meanie, calm down, you are still up there in the laughing stocks gallery of ES' most certifiable lunatics. Your place in the clowns gallery is assured! [Razz] Do you even know more than one city in the UK, apart from Manchester?

So in one year you've been there numerous times totaling years of experience traveling Egypt? So 7 days in Egypt equals several years of traveling in Egypt?

If you take a look at the history of your posts within the last year, your first post indicated you had just been on your first nile cruise, your first visit, there hasn't been one post in which you stated you went back for a return trip within the last year.

There is a large and persistant population of past and current ES members who need to lie continueously in order to inflate their ego. THese are individuals who are poor, uneducated and rather the lowest rung of societies ladder. ES frauds create an alter ego online to live out their fantasy world to eleviate the pain and low self-esteem they face everyday because they have no goals, no plans to accomplish anything useful.

Your entire post above is a lie, a lie necessary so you don't confront the daily reality that you are a loser with no goals, accomplishment or material wealth above poverty line.

Go back to your first post and look.

Lumos
Member # 14589

Oh God, it never stops. [Big Grin] YOU go back and look at my first post, Sono...as it interests you sooooooo much. [Razz] I have already told you that I won't justify myself to the mentally insane. So when is your next trip, SurReality? I'm going back this year. I'll probably see Ayisha there. Do you want me to send her your regards? [Cool]
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
i have a lot of experience in Egypt since I lived there for over a year. i also have experience in being picked on by doods. now everyone comes to her defense. classic. for real if doods was not so flip floppy on her issues maybe she would be respected more. maybe if she didn't did her hole so deep she would not be sitting in it now. my 2 cts for the day
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
i have a lot of experience in Egypt since I lived there for over a year. i also have experience in being picked on by doods. now everyone comes to her defense. classic. for real if doods was not so flip floppy on her issues maybe she would be respected more. maybe if she didn't did her hole so deep she would not be sitting in it now. my 2 cts for the day

You've been contributing to ES for two days!

You registered only to bash Doodlebug. Go back and take a look at your 26 posts and show me which if any of these 26 posts were not a direct attack on Doodlebug!

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh God, it never stops. [Big Grin] YOU go back and look at my first post, Sono...as it interests you sooooooo much. [Razz] I have already told you that I won't justify myself to the mentally insane. So when is your next trip, SurReality? I'm going back this year. I'll probably see Ayisha there. Do you want me to send her your regards? [Cool]

The threads was deleted but I have it saved. Want me to repost the thread?

Going back to Egypt this year, I highly doubt it. If you do go and see Ayisha keep in mind there will be plenty of foreigners in Luxor who watch Ayisha with dismay. Ayisha is not very well liked in Luxor, many see he darting about from internet cafe to internet cafe and generally not being very social with other foreigners in Luxor.

They'll be able to see through you too, buddying up with Ayisha won't be an improvement to your online egyboard image, nor will it make you alot of Egypt based European or British friends.

Lumos
Member # 14589

Oh please, post it,post it....this just gets funnier and funnier. Go on, Sono - actually prove what you have said, just once?

How would you know anything about Luxor? You have never even been. [Roll Eyes] Your comments on Ayisha are bitter, as she achieved something you never will - a life in Egypt, with a man who adores her. So, when are the latest plans (fantasies) for your life [Roll Eyes] in Egypt about to materialise? Have you now moved the date forward to 2000 and never or might it be in a few decades or so? [Roll Eyes]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
erm excuse me I dont do internet cafes sono, and I have a VERY good reputation in Luxor FYI. But then you will never be in Egypt or Luxor to see, so you keep up with your fantasy, its all you have [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
originally quoted by Lumos:
social mores [Big Grin]

its societal mores isnt it?? [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
I know...I know...I hate these posts too but I'm posting it in the hopes that the attacks will stop. I came here a year and a half ago to learn about Egypt since I was going there to meet the love of my life. Well I learned a lot more than about Egypt. I have made many good friends on this board, learned a lot about life in general and now it's time for me to move on.

This forum is really getting to be just a watering hole for those who only want to hurt others. Sure there are a few good people on here but for the most part it's a free-for-all to just dig their teeth into other people only to try to hurt them for whatever reason.

I will never regret the time I have spent here because each minute of this life is a lesson to be learned for me. I wish you all the best of happiness that life has to give you. I just cannot stay because signing on every day just to see myself and my husband slandered and not responding in kind to the ones doing it is getting harder and I'd rather not respond to these types of posts anymore since it's just useless.

dont go doodlebug [Frown]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
erm excuse me I dont do internet cafes sono, and I have a VERY good reputation in Luxor FYI. But then you will never be in Egypt or Luxor to see, so you keep up with your fantasy, its all you have [Big Grin]

After your frequent attacks on me I recieve PMs or emails from egyboard members.

Foreigners who reside in Luxor do notice you running about. Not actually doing any shopping just internet cafes.

You freak them out and thats why you don't have many friends in Luxor.

Sooner or later the lack of respect/contact with foreigners will isolate you further. It will become unbearable for you.

Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
originally quoted by Lumos:
social mores [Big Grin]

its societal mores isnt it?? [Big Grin]
Damn! How could i forget that? [Big Grin]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
lol interesting [Big Grin] my frequent attacks on you?

i run nowhere sono, i tend to walk a lot though. i have not been in an internet cafe for about 4 months and I can only think of one visit ever to one. I dont need to use them so I dont go in them. I have lots of friends in Luxor so I dont know who is feeding you false info, probably no one and this is fantasy too.

I am very much respected in Luxor, by the locals and any foreigners I care to mix with, I grant you there are many I dont care to mix with though, maybe thats where your info is coming from. Interesting about the internet cafes though.

--------------------

Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:

After your frequent attacks on me I recieve PMs or emails from egyboard members.

Foreigners who reside in Luxor do notice you running about. Not actually doing any shopping just internet cafes.

You freak them out and thats why you don't have many friends in Luxor.

Sooner or later the lack of respect/contact with foreigners will isolate you further. It will become unbearable for you.

OMG, SURReality has a 'Columbo' on to you, Ayisha. [Big Grin] Next time you spot a little guy in a grubby mac, think of Sono. [Wink]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
its ok Lumos, her columbo is obviously following the wrong person if hes reporting me 'running from internet cafe to internet cafe', when I did use one, once, it was working fine so no need to keep 'running' from one to another really.

I wonder who it is hes following?

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doodlebug, I respect your personal decision. I wish you all the best. Take good care of yourself. [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
Lumos, I agree with you totally. There seems to be alot of underhanded attacks on members using fake names, they should at least be open as to who they are. Doodle don't leave, if you do then they win.

Exactly, if you leave, they win. Its part of the reason i came back.
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, mystic, but I fully understand that someone wants to quit if the slander towards the own person becomes too much. Remember since this forum is not supervised and the admin only reacts on pm alert - or not - everyone has to decide for himself when to pull the plug.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dont let the door hitcha in the azz
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for I heart Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can you possibly say that you have been slandered? Everything that I have said about you is true. It's not an attack, it's just restating the truth that has already been stated- by yourself. It's ok, you'll realize how blind you are in a couple of years when you're broke and divorced from the "love of your life" from egypt.
Posts: 39 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you could say who is going to be broke and divorced, I'm confused!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for I heart Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe you could say who is going to be broke and divorced, I'm confused!

I bet you are!

This thread is all about Doodle and created by Doodle- who the hell do you think I'm talking about?

Posts: 39 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
So being all shouty is good in your eyes. I asked a simple question. Not very polite behaviour.
I heart Egypt
Member # 14662

Member Rated:
quote:
So being all shouty is good in your eyes. I asked a simple question. Not very polite behaviour.

I was shouting? Over the internet? Hmm.
NoWon
Member # 14703

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoWon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this forum moderated? If this is what I can look forward to, I'm not so sure this is the place for me. Is being stalked and harassed a right of passage or what?
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no there are some good people here that has good intentions u just need to read posts and make an assesment yrself!!welcome here
and by the way i think its not moderated

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by NoWon:
Is this forum moderated?

No.
NoWon
Member # 14703

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoWon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well that explains it then. Thank you for the welcome, tina!

Seems like you need some thick skin if you wanna hang here, lol.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com