EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » The man cold..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The man cold..
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you ladies recognize this?

They have a cold and they are dying [Eek!]

Most men are like this when the get a cold, we women have to carry on. But I am finding Mr PC (Egyptian) is piling on the agony more than necessary.

He asked for lentle soup with fresh lemon. He has been moaning and whinging for hours. Won't take any cold treatment. And is making my life quite miserable.

I made the fresh soup, only to find he has fallen asleep and snoring for the world...

I blame the mothers, for pampering their little boy's too much when they were younger.... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Got that off my chest I will go and treat my cold [Wink]

Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TELL ME ABOUT IT! my ex would get like that with a damn cold. one nite im in the kitchen and i hear, sniff sniff, ooooooooooo mommie. i turn around and im standing in the doorway of the living room and kitchen staring at this hott mess on my sofa with his arms haning to the floor like he just got shot in the gut and I be staring at him laughing.
so i would give him a percoset and a shot of cogniac just to shut him up...and he happily took it.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But you don't realize how fun it is to have someone to take care of you like that.

Last time I was able to do that was when I was 11, wow, I miss that!!

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes but for like a 30 yr old man its pathetic...especially when we get sick and they aint nowhere to be found.....
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
But you don't realize how fun it is to have someone to take care of you like that.

Thats fine them being treated well.......if only it happened in reverse when the woman is ill.... [Frown]
Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:

your aunt will take care of you [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone sent me this last year when my husband was suffering from his first ever bout of flu - http://youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

He was exactly like the man in the clip, if not worse - although I felt a teeny bit guilty when he phoned up work and told them he wasn't able to come to work because he had "man flu" [Big Grin]

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband is just getting over a cold. Really you would've thought he had pneumonia or something worse. He's a firm believer in "sweating out" a cold. Basically that staying very warm is the cure to a cold. He even had me buy him Thermacare heatwraps for his back because he thinks the extra warmth would help cure him. LOL.

Like you, Pink Cherry, I am now suffering from a cold of my own (thanks to the mister). I'm sitting at my desk plugging away as usual. [Smile]

I will give my husband props though. He still worked 10 hr days even though he was at death's door. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Men are ALWAYS like this when they are sick, have you not heard of 'man colds', they are like a normal cold except the man thinks he is dying, and it MUST be so much worse than yours (If you are a woman) [Big Grin]

Bless them, I'm beginning to think maybe there is a man virus that gives men the 'really bad' 'man cold' and that must be why us women dont get it!

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry but my husby is not like that at all.
When he is ill, he pretends he is NOT and goes working, sporting, etc. "I don't have time to be ill" he says.
That's why I call him Hercules. [Smile] [Smile]
Sometimes I wish he would stay in bed and be ill! lol
He says I am always exaggerating and acting like I'm dying when I'm having the flu.. [Big Grin]
All I want is fresh fruitjuice and lots of compassion. [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Desertgirl - Clearly you married a freak of nature [Wink] are you sure he's not a robot? [Big Grin]
Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate you Pink Cherry .... hatchhhhhhhhiiii !!!
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs:
Desertgirl - Clearly you married a freak of nature [Wink] are you sure he's not a robot? [Big Grin]

I will check this evening and let you know. [Wink]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Korvin's:

What is up with you?
First Tigerlilly and now Pink Cherry. [Confused] [Frown]

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by soozi:
quote:

What is up with you?
First Tigerlilly and now Pink Cherry. [Confused] [Frown]

Early menopause.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

quote:

Oh dear! I took it that Korvin was making a joke and trying to sneeze... [Confused]

So if he meant it to be nasty it was rather uncalled for, everyone who contributed understood what was being said

It was all light hearted....

soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pink cherry:
quote:

Oh dear! I took it that Korvin was making a joke and trying to sneeze... [Confused]

So if he meant it to be nasty it was rather uncalled for, everyone who contributed understood what was being said

It was all light hearted....

Oh, sorry, maybe it was lighthearted and I've waded in unnecessarily! Now reading it back, I think you're right - I just couldn't understand his comment before!

Sorry again [Smile] .

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have known mine to have a cold but hes never stopped doing what he has to do. Hes always looked after me very well if I have been ill or in pain though.

I will check for batteries and wires when he gets home just to make sure hes not a robot too.

My ex husband was certainly like that though. sneeze and he was dying.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com