EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Finally Have A Interview Date

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finally Have A Interview Date
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I found out my hubbys interview date is February 3rd. His birthday is Feb 2, and our 6 year old son is feb 3rd. On the interview date.
I had my congress women step in to help me with this matter.
For any of you who decide to use a attorney, don't waste your time. Mine has been totally useless. He collected the money, took care of the forms, and that was it. I was lied to at the beginning so please be extremely careful before you dish out the money like I did.

Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bokragirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck at your interview!
Posts: 82 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks so much!
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great Betty [Smile] Tell Khairy i wish him all the luck in the world... speak soon sweetie x
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Thank you Habeeby. I will give him the message. He has been flying all day he is soooooo happy.
Ahmed our son is so happy too. He misses his mama.

Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it wil not be long and you will all be together i am sure... [Smile]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bettyN:
Thank you Habeeby. I will give him the message. He has been flying all day he is soooooo happy.

Hmmm isn't your son and husband living with you?
Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bokragirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Today I found out my hubbys interview date is February 3rd. His birthday is Feb 2, and our 6 year old son is feb 3rd. On the interview date.
I had my congress women step in to help me with this matter.
For any of you who decide to use a attorney, don't waste your time. Mine has been totally useless. He collected the money, took care of the forms, and that was it. I was lied to at the beginning so please be extremely careful before you dish out the money like I did.

My attorney was worthless! I did more work that he did. Funny thing was, I never told him when my husband got his visa and let him look like an ass when he waited 2 months after the visa was issued to contact the embassy! [Smile]
Posts: 82 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats great betty 10 days before my husbands . so good fill me in on what they ask and best wishes to you and Khairy
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Ahmed is a step-son.

quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:

Hmmm isn't your son and husband living with you?

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Betty, I am so pleased for you, keep us uptodate with what happens. [Smile]

it's good to have some good news here for a change! [Wink]

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TITO-T2
Member # 14736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TITO-T2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT'S GOOD BETTY
GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND

Posts: 43 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

thank you so much everyone here.
Bokragirl I am gonna do the same thing too. I didn't even call them today to tell them about the date as they have been useless.
CheezyPoof - Ahmeds mother abandoned him when he was 40 days old. Left him wet in the crib and took off. My husband has been raising him from that time. She was egyptian. He calls me mom as I am the only mother he has ever known. When I come to Egypt we spend a lot of time together as a family as he has missed out on that.
Mickey - will do. You know I always try and keep you posted.
Tito-T2 thanks so much. Your really sweet and I know you will meet a nice women. Glad to be your friend.

Isis84
Member # 14716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not know anything about US immigration laws so I am just wondering how it works - will his son get the visa automatically when his father gets it?
Posts: 119 | From: here and there | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Isis84:
I do not know anything about US immigration laws so I am just wondering how it works - will his son get the visa automatically when his father gets it?

No and she cannot petition for the son either.

The father must become a citizen then he can petition for the visa. With his ex-wife's consent.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis84
Member # 14716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, this seems to complicate things - so the child would have to stay behind in Egypt? How long is the process to get the citizenship - in my country there is a requirement to live there for 3 years (not being out for more than 6 months cummulative) ...
Posts: 119 | From: here and there | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
Oh, this seems to complicate things - so the child would have to stay behind in Egypt? How long is the process to get the citizenship - in my country there is a requirement to live there for 3 years (not being out for more than 6 months cummulative) ...

For the father to become naturalized 3 years minimum, most often it takes upwards to 5 years or more.

Then he needs to have the conditions of his naturalization removed, another 12-33 months. After that he can apply for a visa for his parents, several months later then other family members.

The INS requires that several court appearances happen on the soil of the child's country before they will start to process the application.

I have a former classmate who has been trying for 4 years to bring his daughter over, after his native nation has signed off on it.

Several medical tests are done too, 2 immigration exams including a AIDS, TB and about 20 other contagious diseases tests are done.

Sorry it takes at least 8 years to bring one family member over.

elizabethN
Member # 14096

excuse me, if you have specific questions about the process we are going through you can ask me.
We filed a visa application for Ahmed. It was approved. He will go to the interview with my hubby and also had to go through the medical examination.
Now, what you need is a paper from the court saying you have full legal custody. If you do not have full legal custody then you have to get the biological mothers permission for him to leave the country. If you cannot locate them or don't know where they are, you have to file paper work like they are deceased.

elizabethN
Member # 14096

RM doesn't know what he or she is talking about
in this case.

Isis84
Member # 14716

Great - so the whole family can be together [Smile]
elizabethN
Member # 14096

god willing Isis. Thank you.
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
RM doesn't know what he or she is talking about
in this case.

Actually I know someone who is naturalized and is applying to have his 10 year old daughter recieve a visa to come to the US as a permenant resident.

I do know what I am talking about. The Egyptian government might not allow this kid over to the USA. You didn't state that your egyguy has custody, and in Egypt the mother has custody until 15 years. So between now and when the child leaves the country on this visa his ex-wife could step up and say no. IF the ex-wife says no, then the Egyptian government will stop the process.

your egyguy isn't a permanent resident yet, and so this kid isn't considered "Non-Preference: Immediate Relatives" Immediate Relatives include spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens. Your egyguy has a visa, but not permenant residency, so he's a long way off from an immediate relative of a US citizen. So keep your pants on!

In addition to the fact that is not just US immigration law that is applied, but the specific nation's emigration law that dictates in that country. Law from both nations are taken into account, let alone foreign policy and bureaucratic procedure. (There are Egyptian family court laws which add bureaucratic procedures when a child recieves a visa to a non-Arab country).

Get your facts straight because there are literally hundreds of egyboard members who have gone through the immigration process themselves or for a spouse.

You don't want to be making statements in which could make you look foolish.

didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well finally some good news on this forum.I am also glad for you and your husband,i am wishing you lots of luck in this matter coz i really know how painful it is to be away from the people you love.Wish you all the best to you and Khairy and Ahmed too..your husband sounds like a very good and decent man! [Smile]

--------------------
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is untrue. I know of several ppl who have petitioned for step children and were successful at it (one of which is a husband and step daughter from an Arab country). I even know of a man who petitioned for his fiancee and her four children....all are here now. In the case of a fiance(e) the child(ren) would come in on a K2. In the case of a spouse the child(ren) would come in on a K4.

I believe you're getting confused with ppl who have petitioned for children or other family members with an I-130 visa application (for the family member alone, not the entire family and not immigration through a USC). This process does take quite awhile.

quote:
quote:

The father must become a citizen then he can petition for the visa. With his ex-wife's consent.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

That's awful, Betty. [Frown]

I wish you, your husband and Ahmed the best of luck. [Smile]

quote:
thank you so much everyone here.
Bokragirl I am gonna do the same thing too. I didn't even call them today to tell them about the date as they have been useless.
CheezyPoof - Ahmeds mother abandoned him when he was 40 days old. Left him wet in the crib and took off. My husband has been raising him from that time. She was egyptian. He calls me mom as I am the only mother he has ever known. When I come to Egypt we spend a lot of time together as a family as he has missed out on that.
Mickey - will do. You know I always try and keep you posted.
Tito-T2 thanks so much. Your really sweet and I know you will meet a nice women. Glad to be your friend.

elizabethN
Member # 14096

well all I can say is both visas are already approved and he has the letter from the court that gave him 100% custody. It would be so damaging to Ahmed if they did not let him go with his father. My attorney has advised me that all we could need is this letter from the courts. This gives my husband the right to make all decisions for his child.
Thank you Didi Thank you CP I will definately keep everyone posted on what happens.
My hubby is soooo happy, he's on cloud 9.

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
Originally posted by CheezyPoof:
This is untrue. I know of several ppl who have petitioned for step children and were successful at it (one of which is a husband and step daughter from an Arab country). I even know of a man who petitioned for his fiancee and her four children....all are here now. In the case of a fiance(e) the child(ren) would come in on a K2. In the case of a spouse the child(ren) would come in on a K4.

I believe you're getting confused with ppl who have petitioned for children or other family members with an I-130 visa application (for the family member alone, not the entire family and not immigration through a USC). This process does take quite awhile.

quote:
quote:

Yes when the child is your own flesh and blood it does take considerable time.

Remember a while back when I had stated I was in college. I was earning my bachelors and a handful of master degree students were "mail order brides". They had come to the USA and their children were with family back in the home nation.

I remember none of them were allowed to bring their children over to the USA when they intially came over. They had to wait until they had permenant residency.

A number of statements on the INS website are vague and do not the differences in regards to options for different visa holders. Even their literature on bureaucratic procedures/policies which are housed in the Federal reposistories note the difference between what is possible and what is actually done, but not the INS website. Its not clearly worded exactly the timeline nor how the steps according to visa type are exactly done. Its worded to be vague, and often the exact manner in how a petition occurs with all its rules and prohibitions you would not know unless you asked the questions you'd only know to ask if you already had the answers.

Its done in this manner to catch lies and deceit, in addition to giving privilage to those who have connections without it raising red-flags.

Chootie
Member # 14005

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chootie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations and best wishes to the members and their spouses on their interview dates. I agree 100% with the members who recommend NOT using an attorney for immigration help to the USA. My husband and I decided to hire an attorney because we would both be living in Egypt while we await the approval of the spouse petition. We wanted a contact in the states to receive the information and be a liaison for us with the USCIS. BIG WASTE OF MONEY. I won't go into more details but she is useless to us.
Anyway, I do have a question for the American ES members who are going through the immigration process currently or have completed it within the last year. I'm really trying to find out realisticly how much time is involved and some other specific about the process.
The I-129F and I-130 petitions were filed (from within the USA by the atty) received in Sept. 2007 and Aug. 2007 by the USCIS. The website and call center reps keep indicating that the petitions will be processed within 6 mos. We are getting close to the 6 month period. The petitions are being handled by the California center.
Our biggest concern is that I may have to return to the states before he gets the visa.
I am pregnant and don't want to wait too much longer before I make such a long journey back to the states. For many reasons, I need to be in the states to deliver our baby. The baby is due near the end of May. We are hoping and praying that there is any chance that my husband's immigration processing will be 100% completed and he can be with me in May.
Any current informatin on this subject will be greatly appreciated. Sorry if I hijacked this thread. I saw it as a good segway for my question.

Posts: 20 | From: everywhere | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Hi Chootie,

The receipt date on my notice of action was May 2, 2007 for both I129F and I30. This is the date when the clock starts ticking.
Approval Notice date September 24, 2007.
Arrived in Cairo around end of October 2007.
Packet was received by hubby in Egypt requesting documents and medical exam around mid November 2007
Packet was received at the American Embassy Cairo December 3, 2007
Interview February 3, 2008 hope this helps you. Good luck and if you have any questions email me ok?

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my i130 was approved june 5 went to the nvc june 21 and was completed dec5, interview will be feb 13 , then hopefully will be here within 4 months time . all depending on the embassy . they are slow. i never used an attorney , just had lots of help with my senator.good luck to you Chootie [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com