EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » why (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: why
tut tut
Member # 14212

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tut tut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why is it so hard to marry/be with an egyptian?
if as a uk/us citizen you met a uk/us/eu/aus citizen things seem so much easier to be together .ie english man meets french woman/american meets english
what makes it so hard when one of you is egyptian?? [Mad]

Posts: 69 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi tut tut,

I think it is all the horror stories you hear, makes people more cauious. Is he looking for a visa? does he want my money? etc. Also the cultures are different, there are many things that i as british women feel are fine but to him are not and vice versa. Religion also is another matter. If i met someone from my own country you wouldn't have them thoughts right?

You have to go with your gut instinct, i did and thankfully i was right. There are many women that i have met whilst living in Cairo who wished they had realised the warning sign and had gone with there gut instincts - by hey with hindsight that is easy to say right?

On another note love can be hard sometimes the stronger it is - the harder you fight for it.

Good luck to you!

Take care [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis84
Member # 14716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because western legislation is designed to protect its citizen and unfortunatelly from whom they need to be protected is based on lots of stereotyping ...

In general I do not like when the good majority is punished because of the bad minority, but this is usually the case with most real life situations so you just have to figure out the best way to live with it [Smile]

Posts: 119 | From: here and there | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tut tut:
if as a uk/us citizen you met a uk/us/eu/aus citizen things seem so much easier to be together .ie english man meets french woman/american meets english

Because year after year many Western women fall prey to men from developing countries who swindle themselves into a marriage to receive visas.

And no these are not fictitious horror stories but reality.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tut tut
Member # 14212

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tut tut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is true TL .
Posts: 69 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one bad apple infected the whole bushel

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bokragirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What TL said [Smile]
Posts: 82 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and how many are happy successful marriages?
I don't think anyone of us has the statistics
of egyptian men/foreign women divorces.
TL - you are always negative. Is your husband egyptian?

Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not negative, bettyN, but I am being realistic here.

It's always good when a woman believes it can't happen to her until she learns otherwise.

And no my husband is not Egyptian - I didn't choose to marry one for several reasons. The main obstacle for me were different cultural backgrounds... too different. And I can say I chose the right way for me. [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tut tut
Member # 14212

Rate Member
but that doesnt make them all bad
i hope !!! i had experience with good and bad people in egypt . its easy to see why some get a bad name .

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

It's always good when a woman believes it can't happen to her until she learns otherwise.

And no my husband is not Egyptian - I didn't choose to marry one for several reasons. The main obstacle for me were different cultural backgrounds... too different. And I can say I chose the right way for me. [Smile]

thats good tiger you chose what is right for u
be it muslim or not!!
i dont care about religion as long as i have a strong sexual and mental compatibility with him!!

if yr not atrracted to yr man it will never work!!

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so Tl what brings you to this forum? What is your conenction to Egypt ot Egyptians?
Their are always risks in relationships and marriage. I do know middle easterns are more family oriented and less likely to call it quits then american men.

Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
What brings me to this forum?? My internet provider! [Razz]

No but seriously I lived for couple of years in Egypt.

Just because I am in love with the country doesn't mean I have to be in love with its men, does it?

Btw, since you pointed out earlier that I am 'always negative' - let me remind you it wasn't me who made a huge stink several weeks ago on here and accused my husband of logging in and insulting me in the most despicable way. Remember that? And remember what I told you and you still kept on ranting?

Got my point? Good. [Smile]

elizabethN
Member # 14096

do you ever know how to be nice? You are such a bitch. So rude. I asked you a simple question, you don't have to answer so rudely.
Yes you are negative. Then why are you even here on this thread chimming in when you have no experience with egyptian men?
Got my point now? [Smile]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bettyN:
do you ever know how to be nice? You are such a bitch. So rude. I asked you a simple question, you don't have to answer so rudely.
Yes you are negative. Then why are you even here on this thread chimming in when you have no experience with egyptian men?
Got my point now? [Smile]

Oh I got your point. I hope everyone else sees here who's the b*tch and rude.

Btw, who said I don't have experience with Egyptian men? Doesn't mean I have to marry one, right?

Have a good day and try to be in a better mood next time you come on here.

elizabethN
Member # 14096

someone shoot me if I am on this site like tigerlily for 4 years. Get a life! [Razz]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Well the way you behave you won't be on here much longer!!

You do seem to be quite imbalanced and irritated.

Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TL i have spoken to Betty many times on yahoo she is a nice person.... Maybe you misunderstand her..... Give her a chance.... She is irritated because she feels she is being attacked.... Maybe she needs some support instead of negative comments all the time.... TL have a heart....... [Frown]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have a heart, Habeeby? Follow the conversation and you tell me why she's acting all hyper?? [Confused]
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that Betty is feeling that she is constantly being attacked and this is making her react in this way to many things that have been said.... Okay TL you do have a heart, somrtimes, like us all i suppose Lol [Razz]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Look it's not my problem if she can't deal with this forum. I suggest to her to stay off the site if it bothers her soo much.
Habeeby
Member # 14429

It bothers us all at times....
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Look it's not my problem if she can't deal with this forum. I suggest to her to stay off the site if it bothers her soo much.

Disagree... If somebody is bothered by the remarks made by others, feels offended by it, then it is a social obligation to find a way to communicate in a way that is satisfactional for both. Just stating that she is free to go, is anti-social....
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bitchin be the solutionz. mohahahaha
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
it is a social obligation to find a way to communicate in a way that is satisfactional for both.

Please tell this to Mrs. bettyN because obviously she never heard about it. She throws around with bad language and I am the anti-social one for pointing out that she's free to leave this forum if she can't tolerate that people might have another opinion than her, that she aims to attack others but can't take the heat on here herself?

Go figure.... [Confused]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
i just ignore what i dont wanna read

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
it is a social obligation to find a way to communicate in a way that is satisfactional for both.

Please tell this to Mrs. bettyN because obviously she never heard about it. She throws around with bad language and I am the anti-social one for pointing out that she's free to leave this forum if she can't tolerate that people might have another opinion than her, that she aims to attack others but can't take the heat on here herself?

Go figure.... [Confused]

Bad language is also anti-social... [Smile]
But I admit that it sometimes can be difficult to communicate anyway, on this board.
No hard feeling, TL. [Wink]

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

TL - **** straight off. Believe me I can stand up to you or any other rude bitch here when I don't like their comments.
And to think I stuck up for you when someone posted a bad thread about you. Guess they WERE right about you.
You don't know me or much about me so shut your BIG pie hole now.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Okay....
You are in a conversation with somebody, and you don't like the way she talks. Talking in a bad way too, doesn't better the situation, it will only make it worser and you get a fight for sure!
So, what would be the most clever thing to do?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

elizabethN
Member # 14096

she is egging one on 4 sure. You have small kids tl why don't you give them attention and get off here once in a while. I feel sorry for them. Seems they don't get much attention from their mama. She's to busy poking her nose where it doesn't belong. [Confused]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, woman, I have not done anything to you. You have been pretty heavy fighting with someone else here on the very same forum a week ago and now it's me? What for? What did I do to you that you are over-reacting like this?

Let me make this clear to you: When you believed your own husband came on this forum several weeks ago and called you some bad names I - I repeat - I was the one who said come down, take a break, I don't think it's him. And you replied nasty back to me. Now who's the negative person here?

Now you make a scene for nothing, I don't know what's gotten in your head but seriously you would be better of believing in your husband and your relationship than rant around on this forum like that and try to insult me over and over again.

One thing I gotta tell you though before I will refrain from further commenting on this topic: If you don't have confidence in your husband and your relationship y- ou won't find it on this forum.

Topic: Can't We All Just Get Along?
bettyN

Member # 14096

posted 28 November, 2007 04:47 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we all must have something in common to be here on this site. Is it Egypt? Is it a Egyptian man or women? Wouldn't it be great if we could all be open, honest, and help each other when needed instead of bashing each other? I have some information I could share with others as my husband will be going for his interview and visa but I am reluctant to share any information and I can see many others are starting to feel the same.
Why are you here if all you do is dog others? Come on everyone let's just get along!!!

Looks like you came a long way since then....

elizabethN
Member # 14096

you are just a bitch, thats all I will say.
Hey TL your kids need you. Go give them some attention. I don't have the time to pull up your bullshit posts nor do I care to read them.

tut tut
Member # 14212

Rate Member
So back to the subject in hand LOL [Big Grin]
got to love the banter on ES LOL

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Sorry tut tut your thread certainly didn't deserve contributions from a very mentally unstable person like bettyN is!
elizabethN
Member # 14096

mentally unstable? who has posted 14511 times and been here 4 years. GET A LIFE BIATCH!
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I think that is no hard to marry or be with a man...doesn't matter if he is egyptian or american or european...the big deal is to find the right man.
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

tut, its not the fact that one is Egyptian as it wouldnt be a problem if you met an Egyptian in UK would it. The problem comes when the Egyptian is in Egypt. The immigration rules for UK say that an Egyptian needs a visa to come to UK, a French, German, etc doesnt. A US citizen does (i think) and some can get the visa at the airport in UK like we can in Egypt, but Egyptians cant, they have to apply and get entry clearance first. Its not just Egyptians though, there are many other countries that UK want their citizens to apply beforehand.

Add to that all the many problems with getting an Egyptian to want to return home after issuing a visa and it makes it harder for any Egyptian to get a visa for a visit.

I have heard there are new rules now though for those married to an Egyptian. Not totally sure but I was told that Egyptians married to UK citizens for over 1 year, that can prove an ongoing relationship OR the wife has lived in Egypt as a wife, then they will issue a VISIT Visa without all the usual sponsors and millions in the bank. Great news for me as I would like to take hubby to UK for a couple of weeks. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is also not easy to marry Egyptian for me, so many documents needed and to be approved (included marriage agreement), cause I will marry a foreign man, and he will marry a foreign woman too.

There is also survey activity from the Government to whom I will marry etc. My government never approve orfy marriage or any secret marriage. They are doing this because they want to protect their citizens, especially women in order to prevent all forms of violence against women.

Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
culture club, where are you from?

it says 'ask me' on your thing so I am asking [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *****     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like TLily.long time member

--------------------
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Posts: 564 | From: planet earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Thank you..... but who are you??
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:

thats good tiger you chose what is right for u
be it muslim or not!!
i dont care about religion as long as i have a strong sexual and mental compatibility with him!!

if yr not atrracted to yr man it will never work!!

IMO, this is one of the reasons that these relationships can run into problems. I understand where you are coming from Tina, in the West, to many of us religion doesn't matter, at least until you have children. But Islam is a way of life for practising muslims (as is christianity to practising Christians) so it isn't something that can be put in a box and left to one side. If people don't consider this BEFORE they get married, live together and have children then there is a strong possibility that it could cause problems in the future.

I also think that culture has a huge part to play, Tut tut, you asked why it is o.k in mixed Western relationships but that is because the societies and cultural norms are very similar, in contrast to eastern countries, this can cause many problems because people are used to judging situations from their own perspectives, it takes a huge amount of understanding and patience on both sides to try and see why another person sees a situation so differently to you.

I am very sure that many Egyptians have problems with westerners in relationships for exactly the same reasons, its not one sided, I am sure many Egyptian men wouldn't even consider marrying and having children with a western woman because they do not agree with the way we do things in the West, it works both ways.

I also agree there are people that will marry for the wrong reasons/money/visa, all I can say is use your head, if it looks like fish, smells like fish, it probably is a fish [Smile]

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *****     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
double
Posts: 564 | From: planet earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14677

Rate Member
quote:
Thank you..... but who are you??

Long time reader of forum, but only registered recently, no connections to egypt but enjoy reading forum.
You say it as it is, I don't think you intentionly hurt anyone.

caringforwomen
Member # 14617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caringforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mrs, you would be right in saying that the reasons that most marriages between western women and arab men don't work because they each have different perspectives. My opinion is that one reason that marriages between arab men and western women don't work out is the way that women are viewed in the middle east. I think that american women are used to freedom and sometimes can't adapt to life in the arab world for that reason. One spouse may feel that he wants the children to grow up with strict values and the other spouse may disagree.
Posts: 384 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
caringforwomen: if you marry a redneck equivalent in Egypt you will get the same as if you marry one from the west...these men are not examples of what the 'east' has to offer nor are their counterparts in the 'west'...this site deals with (and specializes in focusing on) Egyptian men that are the equivalent of the men you see on jerry springer...There are other men that do not fall into the category of men that you see on this site.

And tigerlily, while there are those men (who try to swindle these women), there are also western men who do or try to do the same to western women and middle-eastern women. And that isn't to imply that Egyptian men are inherently evil or Western men are either, but that it's poverty (or people that are in desperate situations) or freeloading men (see kevin federline) who do those things in any society. Not all Egyptian men live in poverty, and of those that do--I'm sure not all are willing to live like kevin federline does.

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Cairobug are you implying that Kevin Federline just got into Britney's knickers to become famous and have a great life?! [Eek!]

The same person right now has FULL custody of both of their small children since his ex-wife got lost on the way and so far has proven to be a loving and most of all responsible father.

But back to the main subject! Of course many Egyptian men pretend love to Western women and take advantage of them to get out of Egypt.

Guess how many come to live in the US, Canada, UK, Germany etc. just to get divorced after couple of years and marry a real Muslima - preferably from their own country (in some cases it's already arranged long time ago).

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Cairobug are you implying that Kevin Federline just got into Britney's knickers to become famous and have a great life?! [Eek!]

The same person right now has FULL custody of both of their small children since his ex-wife got lost on the way and so far has proven to be a loving and most of all responsible father.

But back to the main subject! Of course many Egyptian men pretend love to Western women and take advantage of them to get out of Egypt.

Guess how many come to live in the US, Canada, UK, Germany etc. just to get divorced after couple of years and marry a real Muslima - preferably from their own country (in some cases it's already arranged long time ago).

What the Fock am I doing up at 2am?

Anyhow TL if you knew the stats on spousal visas for Egyptians you wouldn't be making that assumption.

Thee most prolific visa type for Egyptians in the USA is the "diversity/work visa" its a lottery that people sign up for and a certain amount are chosen every year. These Egyptians are not chosen for their education or skill set, but are welcomed here to work and eventually become a citizen; most of them remitt part of their wages back to Egypt.

Next most common visa is the "student visa", then the "research visa", then of course its the "work visa".

Business visas are more common that the "spousal visa" (including spousal visa for Egyptian husbands of Egyptian born naturalized Egyptian American women) for Egyptains in the USA.

Family visas are actually pretty common too.

Again I will note that a second cousin's son of my ex husband is a consular officer for the consulate in Los Angelos.

Very few Arab or Egyptians in the USA got here by marrying an American born non-Arab woman, very, very few.

How and why Egyptians get into Germany, EU or Britain I have no clue.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey RM...how do you know all this stuff?? just wondering where one would find such stats.

--------------------
"It's very important to learn how to weasel out of things. It's what separates us from the animals...except the weasel." ~Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com