EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Visit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Visit
heart of glass
Member # 14763

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for heart of glass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I'm looking for information about the possibility of my boyfriend coming to visit for 3 weeks to uk. He has his own business, so he would be returning to Egypt. I met him 3 years ago and visited several times. I have also met his family, they were very welcoming. He is not from a poor area and his family are comfortable financially. So this is purely about him coming to visit. Any information would be welcome.
Posts: 4 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would recommend asking Egyptian embassy at uk for best thing to do as they probably dealed with all kinda of cases
cheers
amr

Egyptian Embassy
26 South Street
London W1Y 6DD
Tel: (171) 499-2401

Egyptian Consulate -- London
2 Lowndes Street
London SW1
Tel: (171) 235-9777

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heart of glass
Member # 14763

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for heart of glass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Amr, Thanks for the addresses. I can try them.Just wondered what I would need to have in the way of info. I know I need to send letter of of invitation, but what is the best things to put in it?
Posts: 4 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a look at the British Embassy website. It will give you the address of the embassy in Cairo, and also tells you all the information you need.

Be warned though, it is really hard to get the visitor visa!

Best of luck

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heart of glass
Member # 14763

Rate Member
Yes, my boyfriend sent me the details from the Britich Embassy. They make it look like it's a dead cert you'll get one! I know it'll be hard, Hopeing for some tips to improve the chances. Thanks soozi for the info.
sawny
Member # 11224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sawny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are really hard to come by. I have only meet one lady who successfully achieved getting a tourist visa for her partner. My partner tourist visa was rejected ( we later applied for a fiance visa which was granted) I did speak with the head of consular affairs at the embassy in Cairo and he told me in person that applying for a tourist visa was virtually a waste of time.
Anyway if this helps this is what you will require.
A letter of invitation. Proof of relationship, telephone bills, flight tickets, photosgraphs. He must provide bank account detail, proof of employment, he must absolutelt statisfy the embassy that he will returnthe Egypt, which is pretty hard to do.
He can apply await a short time for an interview ( might be a month) and be interview in English or Arabic, based on the fact that he is coming to visit his girlfriend with make it harder, they will ask questions about your relationship and require detailed information on what he willso and see whilst here. The more money he can show the better, and it will need to be a large decent amount. The better the family financial situation the better

Posts: 66 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now this is the right way to do it...slow and eeeasy!
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heart of glass
Member # 14763

Rate Member
I have taken all your info on board sawny. Thanks, even though it does make me feel disheartened as I know myself the chances are a big zero. We'll try anyway.
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us know how you get on Heart of Glass! We like good news [Smile]
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sawny
Member # 11224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sawny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry Heart of glass, didn't mean to make you feel disheartened, write a fully comprehensive letter to the embassy saying prehaps your holiday leave has finished for a while and that you can't return to Egypt for a while. He really needs as much proof as possible that he has no intention of staying here past his visa, that's what they worry about. Every Egyptian my husband has met here in London is here illegally having arrived on a tourist visa and never returned. Possible suggest that he is coming to see what the UK is like, when you marry he will have a better idea whether you guys should settled her or in Egypt. After our tourist visa was rejected I emailed the emmbassy and was granted an appointment to talk to them in person, they were really very helpful.
Posts: 66 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlebev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heart of glass where is ur boyfriend from and what business does he have
Posts: 197 | From: hertford england | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimberley
Member # 5179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimberley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do it now as when the points system comes into effect no one will be coming to the UK [Frown]
not even on spouse/finacee visa it will be like the USA HARD

Posts: 206 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com