EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » english marriage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: english marriage
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for mlebev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys im planning to marry my egyptian fiancee and im english does anyone know the way to do it ( iv never been married b4 ) and how mucch it would cost dont want anything big thanks in advance guys xx
Posts: 197 | From: hertford england | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A housewife with 2 children that never has been married before, at least it saves you the trouble of getting a certificate that you're not married and the devorce-settlements.
A marriage in Egypt doesn't cost much. When you want to take him to England is another problem...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, mlebev, welcome back to this forum! [Smile]

Did you move to Spain? How did you finally convince your parents that your Egyptian fiance will be the right son-in-law for them?

We do have here couple of threads related to marriage of British women to Egyptian men but you might wanna contact ES member 'akshar'.

Good luck and let us know when you gonna get hitched! [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can only speak about last years prices but come April'07. i believe it will go up again [Frown]

Check British embassy in Cairo website for latest prices and more info on marrying an Egyptian, it will also tell what he needs also x

But for an idea.........

You start in Cairo, go to MugammaA building to get resident visa, you just explain what its needed for (marriage) and they know what their doing [Wink] they do it every day. That cost no more than £15. max can't really remember price [Roll Eyes]

Then you need to go to British Embassy early, it opens at 9.30am but there are queues waiting and they only give out about 10 tickets! So you have to be within the first 10 to get in that day, [Wink] to get a statatory declaration it cost 'april 07' £100 english pound. You go apply for it and get an appt for the next day to recieve it. you will be called into the office and ask to read over the declaration and sign it in front of the embassy official. They didn't ask me any questins just to sign it, so it was really simple.

ALSO British Emb only accept payment in sterling GBP !!!

You have to find a post office and collect a marriage stamp again apr 07 price was £5 english
Then on to MugammaA building again to get married
All in all it can take 2 -3 days, Have about £200 English to cover costs.
But after marriage you have to wait a week to collect marriage certificate.

FORGOT TO MENTION you will need around 6 passport sized photo's of each of you 2 and he will need his ID they say he needs his passport also but it wasn't really needed, but if your fiance has his thats good, make sure you both carry your passports and ids and any docs with you at all times just in case they need to see anything whilst your running around x

If i've left anything out please add......
Hope that gives you a good idea of what to expect
x GOOD LUCK x

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has all changed since i married but just wanted to wish you good luck! [Wink]
Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlebev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks guys ill have a look on the websites and get my cash together thankyou all for your advice any more would be greatley appreciated
Posts: 197 | From: hertford england | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlebev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 small question can my fiancee do this application whilst im in england or do we have to go do it together ( i know we will have to be together for the marriage im on about all the running around ) thanks
Glennie
Member # 14823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glennie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been married 3years and happy and its hard work , but he was worth every penny ,sorry hi all im Gleni [Smile] Happy good lucks above .

--------------------
Full of Milk

Posts: 220 | From: Little Egypt in Rural England | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
1 small question do me and my fiancee have to do all the running around together or can he do it whilst im still in the uk
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basically i believe you will have do it together cos its you who needs all the bits you have to run around for! e.g the GB EMB need to see u in person on both occassions for stat dec, and resident visa needs to be placed in your passport , so he can't do anything like that without u and your documents !
Really its not bad.
i actually found it fun [Wink] It reminded me of that American program off sky 'race to the alter' [Big Grin] You get to meet a few people in embassy and from there you'll be bumping into them all the time [Big Grin]
All he can do alone is collect stamp from p/office and get his own photos, but you will need to go in person to embassy on both occasssions! He may also need some kind of letter from his religious leader which he again can obtain by himself, but if he is muslim i don't think that letter is needed [Confused] , we were told by another couple they didn't need it.
If you get t up nice and early you could have it all done in 2 days and thats taking it easy... i mean the running about bit x [Big Grin]
So good luck xxx

But if he's telling you he can do all without you, then he is not talking about marriage via Embassy !

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
thanks for that it was me who thought he could do all the running around for a change lol thankyou so much for ur advice
mariana
Member # 14831

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mariana         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mlebev:
thanks guys ill have a look on the websites and get my cash together thankyou all for your advice any more would be greatley appreciated

Are you not the bride? Why are you the one to get your cash together and not your groom? Should not he be the one to get his cash together? Why are you?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Egyptian way to get married:

The MAN is responsible financially
The MAN offers a sum of Money that takes care of almost everything
The MAN offers the ring sometimes diamond, sometimes gold, sometimes a gold and a diamond ring, and sometimes offers a flat in the name of the bride too
The MAN runs around all over the place for documents, he can also call the English Embassy and inquire about the documents needed, or the Woman can help out in this issue - if he does not speak English

The Man's family and the Woman's family negotiate together about the wedding reception.

If there is an engagement reception it is usually in the bride's family place and the Man is responsible for the engagement ring.

When the woman's family is not in the picture, the Man's family usually is a bit insulted and do not contribute much -most of the time.

The above is the usual Egyptian way regardless of religion as Egyptians know it and practice it.

There are exceptions - a lot of Egyptian men marry foreigners and the foreigners pay for everything. This is a NEW WAVE in Egypt. Not regarded very well, but it does happen.

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI, I got married in eygpt in nov. and Murray-mint is dead on.
If you don't speak arabic you will need a translater. Your husband to be, must have his ID card- the passport is not longer allowed to be used. and all witnesses need to also have the ID cards. We learned the hard way. Make sure you get the appt. right away we had to wait 8 days for an appt. they were booked. and it takes forever. Our appt was at 11:00am and we did not get out of there until 2pm. You have to copy each marriage cert. by hand- in arabic-all 5 of them.

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
whos murray-mint and whats this aboutmarriaage certificate in hand omg im getting confused now
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
murry-mint is a person who posted before me-that is who i was referring to. that his post was correct.

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
oh right ok thanks i scrolled up and realised this after thanks guys

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com