EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Are relationships with Christian Egyptians more successful than those with Muslims?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are relationships with Christian Egyptians more successful than those with Muslims?
aussieincairo45
Member # 14898

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aussieincairo45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just curious to hear anyones opinions, thoughts, stories they have on whether relationships with Christan men in Egypt differ much than those with Muslim men.

Are women on a higher standing with Christian men or are they treated the same as a muslim woman?

Posts: 6 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you insinuating that muslim women are not treated well by muslim men? I'm not understanding what you're saying here.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to say considering the culture that it's about even. I've actually known some Christian Mid Easterners who were more "strict" with their females. I suppose it depends on the man and his upbringing.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that you are assuming Muslim men are more controlling of their women than Christian men? To my knowledge this is not true...I don't think whether the man is Christian or Muslim would make a difference, i think you are getting culture and habits confused with religion... A loving and understanding man is this way irrelevant of what religion he is...
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aussieincairo45:
I'm just curious to hear anyones opinions, thoughts, stories they have on whether relationships with Christan men in Egypt differ much than those with Muslim men.

Are women on a higher standing with Christian men or are they treated the same as a muslim woman?

[Confused]
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I had a relationship with an Egyptian Christian years ago. He is now affectionately called The Bast**d. He was a liar, a cheat and only wanted money and a Visa and never wanted to return to Egypt. As far as I know he is now sha*ing his way round Europe conning other women. Now I am married to a wonderful Muslim Egyptian, so YES I have found different treatment from Christians as I found from Muslims. But of course thats only one. [Wink]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshkiA
Member # 10944

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshkiA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also had a relationship with a Coptic Egyptian. I happen to call him the A**hole. [Big Grin] Heh how ironic huh? Anyway, he was a liar, user, cheater, and druggie, who was trying to sweet talk someone (in my case it was me!) into marrying his brother to bring him to the states. Last I heard from him he was sleeping/housing with a woman 25 yrs older than him, while telling me he was using her for money. Go figure. Now, I am very happily married to a Muslim Egyptian. I can honestly say though it has nothing to do with religion. Keep that in mind please. Men are men. I just happened to fall for the wrong person at the time.
Posts: 177 | From: Alexandria,Egypt / Missouri,USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Ayisha and Ashkia maybe they are the same guy [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Bast**d and A**hole - at least related [Big Grin]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Highly possible!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah with 2 *'s each they have got to be [Big Grin]
Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshkiA
Member # 10944

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshkiA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehe could be!
Posts: 177 | From: Alexandria,Egypt / Missouri,USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

That last question is actually highly offensive to muslim women.
I am Muslim and I am treated very well. I am treated as an equal not as someone beneath my husbands value or anyones value.
However here is the answer to your main question.
I have been involved with both Egyptian Coptic man and Egyptian Muslim man. In my experience, my relation with the Muslim is far better than the Coptic. The Coptic lied to me constantly, cheated on me several times though he would never admit it, had a hashish addiction, drank so much.I was expected to cook all meals upon demand, and was never helped with the cleaning. There were good times, he could be the most affectionate person, however, my feelings were always put behind his, and his wants ALWAYS came first.
While Muslim men are not perfect as well, I have found much more respect for my wants and needs and the overall desire of him to make me happy is far better as well as the commitment to the relationship, and no cheating. The cooking i mainly do but he is more than happy to cook as well. Cleaning, the offer to have someone come and clean the home for me is always there if i wish instead of me cleaning.

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CheezyPoof:
I'd have to say considering the culture that it's about even. I've actually known some Christian Mid Easterners who were more "strict" with their females. I suppose it depends on the man and his upbringing.

I fully agree on that.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tootsie Roll
Member # 14812

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootsie Roll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
men can be pigs regardless of their religion
Posts: 21 | From: right here, right now | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tootsie Roll
Member # 14812

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootsie Roll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
men can be pigs regardless of their religion
Posts: 21 | From: right here, right now | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a few christian egyptians BF's and they rock! They don't hide you away from their friends, they will kiss you in public and share an italian hoagie with you loooool! they will take you everywhere they go with their friends and stuff...basically hanging with one lets you see what your muslim egyptian man is doing while you are at home. they are very easy to get along with but can be a bit snobby i think.
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gamila64
Member # 14923

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gamila64         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been married to a Coptic Egyptian for almost 28 years. Wouldn't trade him for anything. But don't judge the man on his religion, judge him on the way he treats you. Some of the most relgious people can treat people the worst.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I dont know, if the bloody Daily Telegraph says that Muslims are bad then they MUST be bad.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what i have done recently is gotten out of the gyptian box all together...muslim or christian they are all wackjobs and since i dont date american men (ew) and am mostly around arabs anyway, i decided to give the lebs and palis a swing and omg they are so much damn better...i will never go egyptian again...they are ltos of fun but play too much.
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband is a coptic and he is very affectionate, always helps me, in the house and we work together as a team mostly,
We have our differences , mainly on clothes ect, and covering up a little, things i have to do, here in egypt, but mostly all is ok.
It can never be perfect, lifes not like that,
I dont think religion comes into it, only the type of person you are with, luckyliy, mine loves huggies, and i dont have a problem most of the time with him.
Yes they can be strict, but i think its there upbringing,
I had so much freedom in life, it is hard to give that up, Another thing we argue over, but its just teething problems.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeaceAtLast:
what i have done recently is gotten out of the gyptian box all together...muslim or christian they are all wackjobs and since i dont date american men (ew) and am mostly around arabs anyway, i decided to give the lebs and palis a swing and omg they are so much damn better...i will never go egyptian again...they are ltos of fun but play too much.

Instead of worrying if your partner is American, Egyptian, or Lebanese, why don't you worry about compatibility, love, and weather you are comfortable with that person or not regardless of their passport. Reading your post made me feel like you are picking from a menu or something.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truedevotion
Member # 10049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truedevotion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It can be about if you are newborn christian or christian just as a habit...
Posts: 118 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
christian as a habit ? [Eek!] i take eception to that statement.
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
quote:

Instead of worrying if your partner is American, Egyptian, or Lebanese, why don't you worry about compatibility, love, and weather you are comfortable with that person or not regardless of their passport. Reading your post made me feel like you are picking from a menu or something.
NOT only that but her daughter is Egyptian. I find it really strange that she would say things like this when her daughter is Egyptian and will one day grow to see how her mother feels about her
'other half'. I would be livid if my husband ever said something bad about Americans in front of our daughter.
Children have a wonderful way of taking everything you say and making it be ABOUT THEM. She will take your dislike (and your husbands opinions about Egyptian men being the lowest in the Arab world) of Egyptians to mean that HALF OF HER IS BAD. Don't do this to her. Start singing the praises of Egyptians when she is around, find the good things, focus on those things and stop (as 7ayat said) focusing on the man's nationality. [Roll Eyes] And please don't say you don't talk this way in front of her or say these things in front of her.
Children ALWAYS know....

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that it is any easier.

I'm married to a Copt and it is bloody difficult.

Of course I haven't been married to a muslim so i have no comparison.

But I don't think it is the religion that shapes their masculine mentality the most. It is the CULTURE

And everybody here has to admit that Egyptian culture is built around the male ego and to feed it all the time.

Besides, the Coptic Christianity is so totally different from the European Christianity. The worldview is more in sync with the muslim one. I have always regarded my husband half muslim because after all he is brought up in a muslim country and both religions, islam and Christianity, have been meshed with the ancient and local culture of Egypt. That culture has been influenced from so many directions. And it has developed into this macho mentality.

ergo> egyptian men, no matter what religion, are all self-centered and inflated BOYS.

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yana
Member # 11508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't think the religion has anything to do with ur question; sucess of marriage comes from the person and the level of their responsibility sense... desire to compromise and other bla bla bla. religion is not the axe the marriage is leaning on
Posts: 311 | From: Armenia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yana:
i don't think the religion has anything to do with ur question; sucess of marriage comes from the person and the level of their responsibility sense... desire to compromise and other bla bla bla. religion is not the axe the marriage is leaning on

agreed with yana, from personal experience [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I had a few christian egyptians BF's and they rock! They don't hide you away from their friends, they will kiss you in public and share an italian hoagie with you loooool! they will take you everywhere they go with their friends and stuff...basically hanging with one lets you see what your muslim egyptian man is doing while you are at home. they are very easy to get along with but can be a bit snobby i think.

I am a Muslim egyptian guy, hangout with me and you will find that muslim guys do the same as your christian bf's (how many were they?) and maybe better [Wink]
Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its depends on the person 4 sure.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com