EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Hotel question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hotel question
MitchA
Member # 14933

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MitchA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to ask a question that may have been asked many times before but I am new to this site.

I want to stay with my egyptian boyfriend in a hotel and I am not sure if we can share a room if we have an orfi contract. Can anyone give me some guidance please.

He mentioned something about having to get it stamped somehwere in Cairo???

Any help will be appreciated.

Posts: 12 | From: England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will not be able to stay in most hotels without registering your Orfi marriage which is what he probably means when he says get it stamped... Are you going to Sharm? If this is the case you could rent an apartment at Delta with your Orfi marriage papers without having them registered but you must have Orfi as the security do check...
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MitchA
Member # 14933

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MitchA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Habeeby. We are going to Cairo this trip, so he can find out where to get the orfi marriage registered.

I hope to go to Sharm again in May and will look at an apartment in Delta Sharm then.

Posts: 12 | From: England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MitchA
Member # 14933

Rate Member
Does anyone know how to get an orfi certificate registered please.
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can take it to a lawyer and he can register it for you i think, when it is registered your white paper will become a green paper...
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MitchA
Member # 14933

Rate Member
Thanks again for your help.
Habeeby
Member # 14429

You are welcome MitchA... BTW i think you have to be with him to register the paper to be sure that he is doing this with your consent, i know i was with my Habeeby when we registered and i had to confirm that i was happy about this and not being co-erced in any way... [Smile]

Where about in England are you from?

MitchA
Member # 14933

Rate Member
I am from London near Heathrow airport. Very handy for flights to Cairo.

I will be with him when we register and no arms twisted up my back either.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Habeeby:
You can take it to a lawyer and he can register it for you i think, when it is registered your white paper will become a green paper...

i did that the first time my hubby - fiancee at the time new a good lawyer ( a friend) and we didn't have to get anything stamped just his signature , maybe it has changed since then. good luck to you [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Ahhhhh nice to meet you Mitch i am from Liverpool... Is your Habeeby from Cairo?
MitchA
Member # 14933

Rate Member
Thanks Micky. I will ask my man if he can get a good lawyer for us.

Habeeby - he is from Alexandria.

Habeeby
Member # 14429

We have something in common Mitch my Habeeby is from Alex... I will be going to Alex in April for our wedding, 2 weeks in Alex and 1 week in Sharm... Then my Habeeby will be returning to England for a few years until we both return to Egypt... So how about you - looking to live in Egypt or is your man coming to England ?

Tell me to mind my own business if you like [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine your own business habeeby [Big Grin] [Big Grin] love ya [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MitchA
Member # 14933

Rate Member
I actually hope to live and work in Cairo. I am looking for work at the moment. I design computer systems and some large multi-national companies may be interested in me working for them. It will take some time to arrange but best to start asap.

Brilliant that you will be going to Alex for your wedding. I wish you both all the best.

I hope he will come to visit for a couple of weeks in July. Need to go through the visa hassle soon.

Habeeby
Member # 14429

Heh hehe Ana kameir Micky (love ya too) [Smile]

How long until you have your man in your arms? [Wink]

You lucky woman...

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
he is saving for the plane ticket he said April 1 at the latest April fools day , mmmmmmmmm [Big Grin] , but thats sabri always a funny man [Wink]
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Bet you are marking the days on your calendar [Smile]

April Fool's Day... Lol

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Habeeby:
Bet you are marking the days on your calendar [Smile]

April Fool's Day... Lol

yes i am he might get here earlier, who knows but if you don't see me on here you know he's here [Big Grin] [Razz] [Razz]
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Exactly... When my Habeeby is here i will definately not have the time to post [Wink] [Big Grin]
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was unaware of the rule about Egyptian men and foreign women staying in the same room so when my friend and I (we are both in our 50's) arrived at La Pasha in Hurghada..the desk clerk asked me if I was alone. I told him no my friend was with me. My friend was standing behind me and I just motioned for him to come up. The desk clerk about pooped a brick. He said but Madam he is Egyptian..I said yep he is. They said oh but he cannot stay in your room...I got so furious at both my friend and the desk clerk that I shouted and stomped my feet and demanded attention lol...the desk clerk finally whispered..oh please madam just go to your room...take him with you. haha..then he called my room and said now the egyptian must leave. I said come get him or bring police...I will make another big scene in your lobby. They never bothered me for the whole 7 days...now I find I could have gone to jail!! Needless to say..my friend turned out to be married...I am now back in USA...but it was fun!

So in reply to your question...yep it's definitely a no no for the egyptian man to stay in a foreign lady's room...now if your friend were black american, white american, russian, italian...it wouldn't make one whit of a diff...he could stay with you til hell froze over...so go figure.

Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weel, he turned out to be married, but it was fun.... Forgive me to say so, but you are confirming the stereotype about Western women by this. Didn't you have problems with the fact that this man made you believe something what wasn't true? That, in fact, he used you to get a few nights of sex for free? You made a lot of expenses for 7 nights of sex with a fifty year old man???? Hire a payed one in the States should be cheaper and probably would have given you more satisfaction, the price/quality proportion should have been better, that's for sure!
This might sound rude to you, but as easy as you are talking about spending a week with a cheater...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MitchA
Member # 14933

Rate Member
????? thanks for your comments on stereotypes. Are you speaking from experience that you have been duped before and feel that every relationship between an Egyptian and non-Egyptian are the same. This happens anywhere in the world not just Egypt and it is not always easy to work out if the person is truthful. Do you have a way of working out a liar from someone telling the truth?

To everyone - I opened this thread to ask a simple question and some people have been very good in answering. I want to thank them for their time.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry, it isn't my business. But if you don't want to get fooled, you have to find another attitude....

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
????? trust me he didn't get 7 nights of free sex. He paid...and our relationship lasted a great 3 years. It wasn't all sex...we were great companions. We shared a lot and he took me sightseeing all over Egypt. I was there not one time but 3 separate times for a month each.

I'm sorry but don't assume until you know the facts. Now I remember why I don't post here.

I enjoy most everyone's posts but these nosy assed assuming people who have nothing better to do than snipe at each other make me sick.

Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's a shame about this "rule" is that I loved visiting Cairo but I also wanted to spend some private alone time with my sweetheart. I'm not just talking about sex either. . .just some quality private time alone. How do others do it?

I just returned from visiting Cairo for the first time this past week and had a wonderful time. I'd much rather go see him in Cairo but it was very difficult for me because we couldn't be alone & it just seems like it would be easier if we want to spend alone time together for him to visit me. It's a shame because I'd love to spend more time in Cairo instead.

Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo:
What's a shame about this "rule" is that I loved visiting Cairo but I also wanted to spend some private alone time with my sweetheart. I'm not just talking about sex either. . .just some quality private time alone. How do others do it?

Just stay in an apartment instead of a hotel when you visit.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo:

I just returned from visiting Cairo for the first time this past week and had a wonderful time. I'd much rather go see him in Cairo but it was very difficult for me because we couldn't be alone & it just seems like it would be easier if we want to spend alone time together for him to visit me. It's a shame because I'd love to spend more time in Cairo instead.

Maybe get to know his family?

Since you're not talking about sex, somewhat private time can be arranged. Like visiting his family's flat and after dinner sitting out on the balcony together without the public staring. His family being on the other side of the window however. ;-)

This is how my fiance and I have private time. We will all have dinner, afterwards they will give us some privacy. Granted they are just in the other room with us sitting in the reception or out on the balcony. It does give us some good quality time in a relaxing setting without the public social pressures. We are saving the frisky stuff for after the wedding [Wink]

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gamila64
Member # 14923

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gamila64         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter and I just stayed at a hotel in Cairo last summer and her fiancee, an Egyptian, just walked straight up to our room, we never had a problem and no one ever questioned anything. After work each night, he came right to the hotel and we all hung out and he came up to our room and people saw us together every day and not one person ever questioned him or me during our 3 week stay there.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thx everyone for the advice. I think he was more worried about things than me & I understand that is part of the way he was raised. We are both dead set against an orfi marriage as he says it is very disrespectful of me and I appreciate that he cares that much about me to be that firm about the subject. I think if I had been there longer, we probably would have found our private time together but 2 days was not long enough. I just got lucky to be sent on business and at least I was able to see his smiling face & talk to him. Sigh. . .so close but yet so far. [Smile]
Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lotusgirl
Member # 17215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lotusgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gamila64:
My daughter and I just stayed at a hotel in Cairo last summer and her fiancee, an Egyptian, just walked straight up to our room, we never had a problem and no one ever questioned anything. After work each night, he came right to the hotel and we all hung out and he came up to our room and people saw us together every day and not one person ever questioned him or me during our 3 week stay there.

Which hotel was it? i'm going to Cairo next month to visit my boyfriend. I want to be able to spend time with him alone and not be harassed. thank you
Posts: 8 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lotusgirl:
quote:
Originally posted by Gamila64:

Which hotel was it? i'm going to Cairo next month to visit my boyfriend. I want to be able to spend time with him alone and not be harassed. thank you
Then get the orfi one copy and you keep it
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com