EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » would u give blood to a stranger

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: would u give blood to a stranger
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
walid has a 23 yr old friend and he has cancer in his blood so he needs a transfusion everyday!!
they dont have enough blood are any of u avaliable to give blood to a stranger in order for him to survive??

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina, he wont need a transfusion every day.

If he has cancer he needs bone marrow.

Does he have Leukaemia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leukemia

Do you mean you want folks to donate blood to tissue type in an effort to get bone marrow for his friend?

If my marrow would save someone I would gladly give it.
What blood group is he?

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. I need all of the blood I can get. [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no somethin about poison in his blood and he needs blood
walid went today to give blood but they dont have enough

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he has scepticaemia he needs antibiotics...

You cant just give a pint of blood and pour it into someone. It has to be treated, tested, typed, all that.

This sounds weird??????

Is this in a hospital?

or some back street witchdoctor 'clinic'

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Me too. Daily baths keep me looking young. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
quote:

Me too. Daily baths keep me looking young. [Big Grin]
[Wink] So that's your secret!? [Wink] It did wonders for Angelina and Billy Bob. [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
no he is in the hospital!!!
he must remain there cas hes so sick
all i know is he needs blood!!
when i get more info i will explain it better!!!!
and i know alot of people in egypt come to this board and im hopein some will give blood to save someone else!!!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina In any country there are blood banks and people that give blood. I have been a donor for years. If the hospital he is in needs blood they can get it from other hospitals. Unless he is a rare blood group there will be blood for him. Although I dont know of any cancer that needs transfusions everyday [Confused]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
neither do i but i dont know all of the details!!!

--------------------

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
neither do i but i dont know all of the details!!!

If it was so important why don't you know them ?
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
walid has a 23 yr old friend and he has cancer in his blood so he needs a transfusion everyday!!
they dont have enough blood are any of u avaliable to give blood to a stranger in order for him to survive??

Yes of course I would and I would gladly give it for his friend IF I were in Egypt and IF I were his blood type!

Vadar, She will get the important details later!! [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW Tina,

Please, Please tell me you are going to vist & meet Walid this year!?! [Cool]
Come on girl, make it happen. Its time don't ya think?? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't so far donated any blood in my life but my husband did numerous times!

Btw, what blood types are you all??

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

I believe O is the most common and then A.
I am A+.

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B+

Donated twice.

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, I have 0+!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow you are rare Vader [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Sorry Tina if i were in Egypt i would [Frown]

Hope he get better though [Wink]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Cool, I have 0+!

WTF is 0+ [Big Grin] ?
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes tina if its in cairo ,i am ready to go tomorrow inshallah , i reall hope its in cairo

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I am SOOOO much better than all of you, I have a perfect A+ !!! [Big Grin]
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just plain old O [Frown] [Big Grin]

Very common i am [Big Grin]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:

It comes with being boring. [Razz]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

ahem, me too dear smucky [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O+...me too!! I have enough...to go around my body!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
no he is in zagazig

--------------------

Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
vader o+ is o positive . i am o rhesus negative lol. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Yes but 0 + is nothing....
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AB - guess i couldn't decide which group i wanted to belong to so got membership for two [Big Grin]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

What's up with all of these men living in ZIGZAG!!?? What is this place, Casanova-Egypt Central?? [Confused]
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Vader it is... I am blood type O+ it stands for O positive sweetie.........How are you all doing? I hope your honey's friend gets his blood he needs Tina........If I was there I would sign up also. I am always donating blood.
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
XD

My points was that zero is not the same as O.

0 <> O

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
walid said he needs sergury and hasnt eattin in a month
everyone thinks he will die!!
i think even walid doesnt know whats wrong!!!
but thanks anyway for everyones nice words!!
and yes smuckers mine is in zagazig it a big city kinda like tanta
i would never date a man from cairo or hurganda or any other city where the men are loosly outspoken lol

--------------------

MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey the time posted is really off.........Here it is 15 March, 2008 1:12 pm and it came up 7:10 pm ???????
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

My blood type is 'extra grande low fat white mocha'. [Big Grin]
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smucks i always knew you were not human [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Noor I'm the same! 6 hours out for the past few days
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=edit_my_profile

It tells you how to fix it there.

Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be careful when donating in these mobile vans in Cairo as I am not sure how effective their autoclaving of the insertion needles!

Ask for sterile pack units if they have them available as I do!

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still there are enough Egyptian people that are refusing blood from strangers. The family and friends are allowed to do so, but of course their blood has to match with the one who is in need for blood. And because it usually is on a unexpected moment ( sickness, accidents) this brings complications. The hospitals have to examen the blood of the noble givers, have to make contracts, etc. so it keeps you busy for a day, at least!
Think this is also the reason why for this sick man...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
quote:
Cool, I have 0+!

WTF is 0+ [Big Grin] ?
Well, Vader, it's true.

Here I get you something to read:

Blood group O (or blood group zero in some countries)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type

I've got 0+, we even say here in Germany 'Blutgruppe NULL' (meaning 'blood typ ZERO')!!

tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am O+ and my husband is A
I asked before we got married, because i know of some people that are not compatiable and have to have blood transfusions when they are pregant, but I think O+ goes with all

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
quote:
Cool, I have 0+!

WTF is 0+ [Big Grin] ?
Well, Vader, it's true.

Here I get you something to read:

Blood group O (or blood group zero in some countries)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type

I've got 0+, we even say here in Germany 'Blutgruppe NULL' (meaning 'blood typ ZERO')!!

Never suspected...
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tootsie:
I am O+ and my husband is A
I asked before we got married, because i know of some people that are not compatiable and have to have blood transfusions when they are pregant, but I think O+ goes with all

O- (O Negative) is the universal blood type. O+ is the most common blood type. AB- the least common.

Your husband would not be able to donate blood to you since he's an "A" but you could donate to him since you are an "O". The only way you couldn't donate to him would be if he's an "A-" because you can't have a "positive" donate to a "negative".

Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
he has cancer in the blood and he needs blood every day. walid said the hospital takes any type of blood and gives him what he needs and
he dont know the name in english here is the name in arabic

صفائح

when our other friend comes online we will get his phone number so yal can call and get directions if yal wanna give blood!!!

--------------------

Member # 14248

yup

backstreet witch doctor clinic!

The name in English would be

MURDER/ HOMICIDE!

[Roll Eyes]

Have they tried the abbatoir? plenty blood there they can collect [Roll Eyes]

Tina!!!!!

rather than pump him full of blood from passers by it would be kinder to get him the hell out of there !
That would save him from these maniacs!

You just cannot give him ANY type of blood!!!

Good God in heaven...............

This has to be a wind up.............surely???

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
what does that mean in english?

--------------------

Member # 14248

it means

&^%#@$&^&(
Y^%&&^
BJ%(^%&GBB@@@@@^&^H{{}{:{OK^%
}}PLUF$^*&G
&&%${||||\\\;[-(yt^43:';,.

;,,[p)8$65Up,.[;.'l[l13;,.//]===++=+_0

,;p[p

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by harankash:
it means

&^%#@$&^&(
Y^%&&^
BJ%(^%&GBB@@@@@^&^H{{}{:{OK^%
}}PLUF$^*&G
&&%${||||\\\;[-(yt^43:';,.

;,,[p)8$65Up,.[;.'l[l13;,.//]===++=+_0

,;p[p

[Big Grin]
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what Tina means is, that if you donate, say, a pint of blood, then the hospital will give HIM a pint of the RIGHT kind of blood to keep the total blood available in the hospital to a particular level. I don't think she meant they will give the bloke any kind of blood.

Did you Tina? That's what I interpreted it as!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com