EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What should I do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What should I do?
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kleobatra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I think it’s time to tell my very personal bad guy story. One of the most intriguing characters I met in Egypt was a man who owned a small open air café in one of those Sinai resort places. He told me that by saving every Pound for years, he was able to buy the place for himself. I, more or less accidentally, met him both times I went to Egypt.

The first time we hardly talked. But fascinated as well as horrified, I observed his moves as if he was a big, hairy spider. Later on I found out he could also recall everything I did that evening. My friend and travel companion, once asked me if it ever occurred to me I might be his “hairy spider” as well. From the first moment on it was clear that the café he owned, didn’t attract the best part of society. Like shady men, doing shady businesses. I suspected him of temporarily renting his apartment to gigolo-types to do the dirty with their habibti’s. Later on he sort of admitted to me this was true. (How me and my friend ended up in a dump like this, is another story.)

At the end of our second “tour de Misr” my friend and I wanted to relax a bit and went back to the same beach resort we were before. And so we came across our old friend Hairy Spider. (Sounds disrespectful, I know, but I don’t like to give his “real” name, if it’s his real name. You never know...) He seemed to recognise us from far and acted as if he was genuinely pleased to see us again. (Oh well: foreign customers = $$$)
Half an hour later, my friend had a man of about half her age hanging all over her. I couldn’t help laughing and making cynical remarks. This one could as well have written “DO NOT TRUST ME” all over his face. Hairy Spider crept up next to my friend and talked her into believing “DO NOT TRUST ME” had the outmost honest intentions.

This was weird. Hairy Spider just had, by talking to me alone, given an inside look into the sickened world of a Sinai beach resort. “Bad men” (his own words) looking for easy money and easy sex with female tourists. Some hotels build to white wash money for local gangsters. Prostitutes from certain parts of Europe brought into the country for the male tourists. Even for an inhabitant it’s hard to know if people were really your friend or just trying to use you. He didn’t literally say he disapproved. More like: “such is life here, be careful.”

After this, Hairy Spider acted like he was a bit embarrassed and afraid of me. We developed a sort of a love-hate contact. Sometimes flirting. Sometimes making snappy remarks or totally ignoring each other but following the other one from the corner of our eyes. Since I think women travelling together should keep an eye on one another and my friend became infatuated with “DO NOT TRUST ME” and “DO NOT TRUST ME” seemed to have some kind of job (resident gigolo?) at the café, I spend some evenings there.

Then things got a bit out of control. The love-hate contact with Hairy Spider continued over the phone when I was home again for about a month or two. Luckily, not on a daily, more on a weekly basis. Thinking back, I suppose it must have been a sort of power struggle, but actually it still puzzles me. And no, I did NOT get the predictable “honey, marry me, hand me your money” treatment. I probably would have laughed at him in the face.

My friend returned to Egypt without me, to meet “DO NOT TRUST ME” and encountered Hairy Spider again. When she asked him how he felt about me, he got fumingly angry. I was the worst creature he’d ever met. He never wanted to see me again… Confusing! Either I was a nuisance that stood in the way from the real purpose: getting as much money as possible from my much more romantic friend. Or maybe he regretted being a bit too frank to me at first, but why did he anyway? He don’t seem like the type of person that does anything without a purpose. Or he was just acting out of frustration, because he couldn’t “win” from me? Or hated the fact I could see right through what was going on? Or were we divided as soon as we arrived? “You take the dark one, I take the blonde one.”
Only the blonde (me) wasn’t cooperative. If I would be desperate enough to pay for “love”, I wouldn’t have chosen for a scruffy looking forty-something. Although I must admit my unhealthy fascination.

My friend’s “boyfriend” still keeps asking her for money and when she will come back by SMS. For the money thing she puts the blame on Hairy Spider. She even wanted him to admit to her he’s a pimp. (Which of course he’ll never do.) She wants to go back one more time to finish her “relationship” with “DO NOT TRUST ME”. She still seem to think the poor guy is madly in love with her and been forced to try to scam her by Hairy Spider. (She’s convinced she’s got this fatal attraction to much younger Egy guys. I can’t seem to talk this out of her head. Fact is: I usually got Egy men of about my age or older on my back. Strange isn't it?) She asked me to go with her. I honestly don’t know if I want to.

On one hand I’d like to go to Egypt again and last minute tickets are relatively cheap. On the other hand I’m also deathly curious how Hairy Spider would react if he sees me again. And it still puzzles me where and how I fitted into this scam. For some odd reason I can’t really dislike Hairy Spider. I think he’s just a reflection of how people can use double standards to escape poverty. Maybe in his heart he’s against the things happening around him. But he just can’t resist to rise to the occasion to get into extra cash. Maybe he’s also a reflection of how I feel about Egypt in general. Fascinating, but watch your steps!

Anyway. What should I do? Go back with my friend? Or go back another time with other friends? Has anyone got any idea of how this scam was planned? Or am I really so over suspicious as my friend suggested?

Posts: 119 | From: Where ever I lay my head... | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kleobatra:
Ok, I think it’s time to tell my very personal bad guy story. One of the most intriguing characters I met in Egypt was a man who owned a small open air café in one of those Sinai resort places. He told me that by saving every Pound for years, he was able to buy the place for himself. I, more or less accidentally, met him both times I went to Egypt.

The first time we hardly talked. But fascinated as well as horrified, I observed his moves as if he was a big, hairy spider. Later on I found out he could also recall everything I did that evening. My friend and travel companion, once asked me if it ever occurred to me I might be his “hairy spider” as well. From the first moment on it was clear that the café he owned, didn’t attract the best part of society. Like shady men, doing shady businesses. I suspected him of temporarily renting his apartment to gigolo-types to do the dirty with their habibti’s. Later on he sort of admitted to me this was true. (How me and my friend ended up in a dump like this, is another story.)

At the end of our second “tour de Misr” my friend and I wanted to relax a bit and went back to the same beach resort we were before. And so we came across our old friend Hairy Spider. (Sounds disrespectful, I know, but I don’t like to give his “real” name, if it’s his real name. You never know...) He seemed to recognise us from far and acted as if he was genuinely pleased to see us again. (Oh well: foreign customers = $$$)
Half an hour later, my friend had a man of about half her age hanging all over her. I couldn’t help laughing and making cynical remarks. This one could as well have written “DO NOT TRUST ME” all over his face. Hairy Spider crept up next to my friend and talked her into believing “DO NOT TRUST ME” had the outmost honest intentions.

This was weird. Hairy Spider just had, by talking to me alone, given an inside look into the sickened world of a Sinai beach resort. “Bad men” (his own words) looking for easy money and easy sex with female tourists. Some hotels build to white wash money for local gangsters. Prostitutes from certain parts of Europe brought into the country for the male tourists. Even for an inhabitant it’s hard to know if people were really your friend or just trying to use you. He didn’t literally say he disapproved. More like: “such is life here, be careful.”

After this, Hairy Spider acted like he was a bit embarrassed and afraid of me. We developed a sort of a love-hate contact. Sometimes flirting. Sometimes making snappy remarks or totally ignoring each other but following the other one from the corner of our eyes. Since I think women travelling together should keep an eye on one another and my friend became infatuated with “DO NOT TRUST ME” and “DO NOT TRUST ME” seemed to have some kind of job (resident gigolo?) at the café, I spend some evenings there.

Then things got a bit out of control. The love-hate contact with Hairy Spider continued over the phone when I was home again for about a month or two. Luckily, not on a daily, more on a weekly basis. Thinking back, I suppose it must have been a sort of power struggle, but actually it still puzzles me. And no, I did NOT get the predictable “honey, marry me, hand me your money” treatment. I probably would have laughed at him in the face.

My friend returned to Egypt without me, to meet “DO NOT TRUST ME” and encountered Hairy Spider again. When she asked him how he felt about me, he got fumingly angry. I was the worst creature he’d ever met. He never wanted to see me again… Confusing! Either I was a nuisance that stood in the way from the real purpose: getting as much money as possible from my much more romantic friend. Or maybe he regretted being a bit too frank to me at first, but why did he anyway? He don’t seem like the type of person that does anything without a purpose. Or he was just acting out of frustration, because he couldn’t “win” from me? Or hated the fact I could see right through what was going on? Or were we divided as soon as we arrived? “You take the dark one, I take the blonde one.”
Only the blonde (me) wasn’t cooperative. If I would be desperate enough to pay for “love”, I wouldn’t have chosen for a scruffy looking forty-something. Although I must admit my unhealthy fascination.

My friend’s “boyfriend” still keeps asking her for money and when she will come back by SMS. For the money thing she puts the blame on Hairy Spider. She even wanted him to admit to her he’s a pimp. (Which of course he’ll never do.) She wants to go back one more time to finish her “relationship” with “DO NOT TRUST ME”. She still seem to think the poor guy is madly in love with her and been forced to try to scam her by Hairy Spider. (She’s convinced she’s got this fatal attraction to much younger Egy guys. I can’t seem to talk this out of her head. Fact is: I usually got Egy men of about my age or older on my back. Strange isn't it?) She asked me to go with her. I honestly don’t know if I want to.

On one hand I’d like to go to Egypt again and last minute tickets are relatively cheap. On the other hand I’m also deathly curious how Hairy Spider would react if he sees me again. And it still puzzles me where and how I fitted into this scam. For some odd reason I can’t really dislike Hairy Spider. I think he’s just a reflection of how people can use double standards to escape poverty. Maybe in his heart he’s against the things happening around him. But he just can’t resist to rise to the occasion to get into extra cash. Maybe he’s also a reflection of how I feel about Egypt in general. Fascinating, but watch your steps!

Anyway. What should I do? Go back with my friend? Or go back another time with other friends? Has anyone got any idea of how this scam was planned? Or am I really so over suspicious as my friend suggested?

wow, i envy you. I wish I could hop on a plane and go to a foreign country to figure out a not-very-important mystery! [Smile] Forget Hairy Spider, its weirdness. I've had that whole love hate relationship thing happen before, and hate usually wins and leaves a bad taste in your mouth. If you go to Egypt, go and make sure you enjoy yourself. Stay away from these scary characters.
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs
Member # 14666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah...true...go to Egypt..enjoy every minute...stay away from possible PIMPS...sick crazy wierdos..and this crazy Sinai Atmosphere...and whatever is around it...

Egypte is geweldig..heel mooi ..en jij weet`t toch..?? [Big Grin]
maar pas op voor gekke of zieken mensen .. en fijne tijd toegewens en heel veel plezier in Egypte [Wink] .

Posts: 151 | From: hidden somewhere | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would go back to have a wonderful time but as hibbah said "Stay away from scary characters" [Big Grin]

It sounds to me that you feel that there is something 'not quite right' about this chap and in my experience that feeling you 'get' is always right! [Wink]

Take care

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kleobatra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I know, basically it’s a non-issue. But the whole “problem” came back when my friend called me last week and asked me if I wanted to go back with her to the Sinai. I think she expects my answer tonight. I like her as a friend, but it seems to me her vision towards men in general and travelling trough another country is a bit naïf and rosy. Apparently she never before went back-packing. And apparently she never had experiences like having to get rid of about ten drooling Italians at the same time, when she was in her twenties. [Mad]

When she went back to the Sinai to see her “boyfriend” again, I didn’t want to go back with her, because I was afraid her naivety would put me into danger. (Got visions I had to use my good old Thay boxing skills. [Big Grin] ) But when she was there, I was almost sick with worries about her. (Nothing much happened, except that she paid every expense for the “boyfriend”. Ridiculous amounts of money to Egyptian standards from what I’ve heart from her BTW.)

Being from the city myself, I prefer the Egyptian city life. But it’s getting a bit too hectic after a while. And than it’s time to relax before you go home. So beach resort place are hardly unavoidable.

BRR: wat leuk! Heb je in Nederland gewoond?

Posts: 119 | From: Where ever I lay my head... | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow, Kleo, when you started posting here on this forum a month ago you mentioned you never fell for an Egyptian gigolo! Well well.... [Cool]

Believe me there is nothing to go back for to Egypt. Hairy Spider (LOL what a name!! [Big Grin] ) is already busy spinning his web to catch some other naive female victims. Luckily you got away before he could complete his mission... thank god for that!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, I know, basically it’s a non-issue. But the whole “problem” came back when my friend called me last week and asked me if I wanted to go back with her to the Sinai. I think she expects my answer tonight. I like her as a friend, but it seems to me her vision towards men in general and travelling trough another country is a bit naïf and rosy. Apparently she never before went back-packing. And apparently she never had experiences like having to get rid of about ten drooling Italians at the same time, when she was in her twenties. [Mad]

When she went back to the Sinai to see her “boyfriend” again, I didn’t want to go back with her, because I was afraid her naivety would put me into danger. (Got visions I had to use my good old Thay boxing skills. [Big Grin] ) But when she was there, I was almost sick with worries about her. (Nothing much happened, except that she paid every expense for the “boyfriend”. Ridiculous amounts of money to Egyptian standards from what I’ve heart from her BTW.)

Being from the city myself, I prefer the Egyptian city life. But it’s getting a bit too hectic after a while. And than it’s time to relax before you go home. So beach resort place are hardly unavoidable.

BRR: wat leuk! Heb je in Nederland gewoond?

Well, if you need to relax, don't wat to spend too much money, and should enjoy nice wheater not te far away, Egypt is an excellent choice. Of course you can expect to bump into Hairy Spider again, and he surely will start trying to 'refresh' everything, but you're still your own boss in this. He might be sticky and not easily give up, in that case you need to scare him off, or be absolutely clear or insulting to him.
Show your shoesoles, or hit him with your flip-flaps... [Big Grin]

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really think you're making excuses to go see hairy ass again.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
hairy ass

[Razz]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Personally i think you should go. As you say last minute flights are cheap, and besides you dont seem like the kindda girl who falls for any line. Think your a bit to clever for that..

By the way.. love your writing skill... not often i actually laugh out loud when reading a post but i did with yours..... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Oh wow, Kleo, when you started posting here on this forum a month ago you mentioned you never fell for an Egyptian gigolo! Well well.... [Cool]

Believe me there is nothing to go back for to Egypt. Hairy Spider (LOL what a name!! [Big Grin] ) is already busy spinning his web to catch some other naive female victims. Luckily you got away before he could complete his mission... thank god for that!!

I know, I know, I know! [Big Grin] I seriously questioned myself last night what I possible could gain by seeing Hairy Spider again. The answer is: absolutely nothing!
Did I have feelings for him? I have a bit of a weak point for dubious characters. I must admit. But to be one of his orfi’s to keep the business going. No way! [Big Grin]

But Egypt is great and not really expensive for a short break!
Anyway, got to go back to work.

Hairy ass BTW? I don't want to find out. [Big Grin]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't go.
I would tell the friend to watch herself but that she is on her own and probably distance myself from 'this friend'. She's obviously got some issues.

I would stop talking to HAIRY SPIDER and if I ever went back to Egypt it would be in avoidance of this man, anyone he knew or any place relatively close to his 'cafe'. Life is short, why waste your time with such losers??

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BIC RUNGA ROXX:

Egypte is geweldig..heel mooi ..en jij weet`t toch..?? [Big Grin]
maar pas op voor gekke of zieken mensen .. en fijne tijd toegewens en heel veel plezier in Egypte [Wink] .

Wat leuk zeg! BRR spreekt Nederlands! [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To comment on the topic;

I wouldn't go back to the same spot either. Agreed, Egypt is the perfect place for a holiday but if I were you, I would choose a different part of Egypt. If you met this guy in Sharm, stay in Hurghada next time or vice versa. [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caren
Member # 14643

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm sure that secretly you want to see him again and believe that maybe he sees you as different from the others tourists!! [Wink]
Posts: 24 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caren:
i'm sure that secretly you want to see him again and believe that maybe he sees you as different from the others tourists!! [Wink]

Probably, sounds like a pretty cool stickh. [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kleo, how about you go on your next vacation to a totally other location? JAMAICAAAAA!! [Smile]

PS: I don't doubt that Jamaica has hairy spiders too - so watch out!!

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Kleo, how about you go on your next vacation to a totally other location? JAMAICAAAAA!! [Smile]

lol
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caren:

This is what I think as well. [Smile]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIC RUNGA ROCKS ACCEPTS NO PMs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
BRR: wat leuk! Heb je in Nederland gewoond? [/QB]

ja zeker..ik studeert en woont ook werkt en in Amsterdam - Hoorn - Ijmuiden voor bijna 8 jaaren..was niet leuk ik denk`t ..maar is op..nee meer Van Nederlaand..heheeh
nu ik ben in Egypte..veel zon en veel mooie stranden... [Big Grin]

Posts: 151 | From: hidden somewhere | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14666

quote:

PS: I don't doubt that Jamaica has hairy spiders too - so watch out!!

looool what a good idea.. [Big Grin]
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
LOL. Or Gambia, Cuba or the Dominican Republic. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kleo, if you got money, fly for a weekend in Paris. Or Vienna. Or Budapest. Or Cairo, or Luxor. Sinai seen once is enough, OK? Get a life.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
quote:Originally posted by caren:

This is what I think as well. [Smile]

No, not that stupid. [Smile] I think he found me a disapointing nuisance. Someone to put on his list of "non usable".
Our phonecalls ended about three or four months ago. But since my friend kept in touch with her "boyfriend", the story kept on ringing in the back of my mind. Then, later on I found all this information about what's going on in Egyptian tourist places. Bit of a proof of what I was thinking all the time.

So I will go back to Egypt, but to another place and with another friend or friends. [Smile]

Of the Sinai beach resorts I like Dahab the best. BTW (Not Spider's place.) But if you say you're from Amsterdam, suddenly out of the blue, pieces of hash are put in front of you. [Big Grin]
Talk about prejudice. [Big Grin]

Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have a bit of a weak point for dubious characters. I must admit. But to be one of his orfi’s to keep the business going. No way! [Big Grin]

What you seem to want is a challenge I guess!

But it is known that for every exciting experience in a 'bad boy' relationship, there are just as many heartaches.

Some women tend to go back to the 'dubious character' hoping he can be tamed while maintaining his fun and interesting streak. It's not gonna happen [Wink]

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
Kleo, if you got money, fly for a weekend in Paris. Or Vienna. Or Budapest. Or Cairo, or Luxor. Sinai seen once is enough, OK? Get a life.

Sinai is not that special. I agree. But strange as it is, it's about 200 to 300 Euro cheaper to get a packagedeal to the Sinai, than to buy just a single planeticket to Cairo or Alexandria.
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
The money you save that way is more than enough to get a busticket to and a middle class hotel in the more interesting parts of Egypt. At the end of your trip you've got a place to stay and do nothing much as a bonus.
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kleo quoted: -

Of the Sinai beach resorts I like Dahab the best. BTW (Not Spider's place.) But if you say you're from Amsterdam, suddenly out of the blue, pieces of hash are put in front of you.
---------------------------------------------

[Big Grin] I loved Dahab years ago!!! I think back then, if you were 'breathing' piles of bango were put in front of you! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
quote:
I have a bit of a weak point for dubious characters. I must admit. But to be one of his orfi’s to keep the business going. No way! [Big Grin]

But it is known that for every exciting experience in a 'bad boy' relationship, there are just as many heartaches.

Some women tend to go back to the 'dubious character' hoping he can be tamed while maintaining his fun and interesting streak. It's not gonna happen [Wink]

Have my fair share of experiences at this point already. You can read it in my post on the topic "Crazy things you did for love".

Maybe that's what made it all a bit too confronting and even shocking to me. For a while I could hardly talk about it with the people I am really close to.
Thought I was over falling for the "bad guys". And there I was again with a bunch of mixed feelings for someone who was so obvious no good at all. Will I never learn? [Eek!]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sure you will [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
kleo quoted: -

Of the Sinai beach resorts I like Dahab the best. BTW (Not Spider's place.) But if you say you're from Amsterdam, suddenly out of the blue, pieces of hash are put in front of you.
---------------------------------------------

[Big Grin] I loved Dahab years ago!!! I think back then, if you were 'breathing' piles of bango were put in front of you! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Same thing last year. Made me feel at home strait away. [Big Grin]

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
quote:

Have my fair share of experiences at this point already. You can read it in my post on the topic "Crazy things you did for love".

Maybe that's what made it all a bit too confronting and even shocking to me. For a while I could hardly talk about it with the people I am really close to.
Thought I was over falling for the "bad guys". And there I was again with a bunch of mixed feelings for someone who was so obvious no good at all. Will I never learn? [Eek!]

I know exactly what you are talking about! I am a bit like that too. Sometimes I meet someone and from the first moment I realize he/she is not 'a good guy/girl'.
So the smartest thing is to walk away from this person.
But I don't... I want 'proof' first [Wink] . I want to check if my intuition was fine.

Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
"But I don't... I want 'proof' first [Wink] . I want to check if my intuition was fine."

And your intuition alway turned out to be right!

Tutandmoane
Member # 12060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tutandmoane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have big hairy spiders in Dahab too.........2 bloody great 7 inch ones in my house a while ago- & one was a jumper :-)
Yeah, there are cafe owning hairy spiders in Dahab too - I was begining to think I knew yours for a while. Maybe its his twin brother.
Hope you have a great big hairy holiday

Posts: 319 | From: egypt/uk | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sherry still laughing at Vader's "hairy ass" comment...I was thinking same thing...ewwwwww...I think I would stay far far away from the umm...Hairy Spider lol.....it even sounds wicked and evil and nasty!

Go to Alexandria...a most beautiful place to visit.

Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tutandmoane:
2 bloody great 7 inch ones in my house

lol
Tutandmoane
Member # 12060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tutandmoane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to impress - they need to be bigger than that though- I met a 9 incher in Dominican Republic !

( It bit me & give me 5 years of hell! )

Posts: 319 | From: egypt/uk | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
quote:
to impress - they need to be bigger than that though- I met a 9 incher in Dominican Republic !

You're sure we're talking about spiders? [Big Grin]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Hey! What's wrong with 7 inches ?!!
Tutandmoane
Member # 12060

Rate Member
ah well............play on words - but yes, true. SPIDERS, BIG GIANT nasty desert spiders of Dahab.

But funny you think it, cos one was actually inside my underwear in my bedside cabinet!

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
But funny you think it, cos one was actually inside my underwear in my bedside cabinet!

Oh well, at least you didn't have your underwear on. [Razz]
Tutandmoane
Member # 12060

Rate Member
Maybe I did........maybe I was sleeping in the bedside cabinet?
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Maybe I did........maybe I was sleeping in the bedside cabinet?

This is getting funnier and funnier. [Big Grin]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You're sure we're talking about spiders? [Big Grin]
LOL.... what a shame we obviously just talk about them!! [Big Grin]
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
Well, I don't have to go abroad to meet big hairy spiders. [Big Grin] But they're never bigger than about 1 inche and usually my cat catches them. [Big Grin]
Impressive: 7 inche of the Egyptian spider! 9 inche of the Dominican Republic spider! I wonder what size the Jamaican, Gambian or Cuban spider has. [Big Grin]
I'm really missing something, I guess.

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm lost. All I can say is stay away from ppl you, yourself have dubbed "hairy spider" and "do not trust me". Nothing good can come from these characters.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by CheezyPoof:
I'm lost. All I can say is stay away from ppl you, yourself have dubbed "hairy spider" and "do not trust me". Nothing good can come from these characters.

Don't be. I know that.

Basically, I don't have to go abroad to meet their twinbrothers. As I've written before, it was a bit confusing to me the "bad guy type", I thought I've grown over, still was able to stirr up all kind of mixed feelings in me. When my friend asked me if I would join her when she wanted to finnish her "relationship" with "DO NOT TRUST ME", I was in doubt for a while. And everything came back.

I definitely will go back to Egypt. But as I mentioned before, the combination with this friend, that got so overwhelmed by all the male attention, isn't a good idea.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com