EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » for all those who think im a junkie when all i do is smoke weed looool

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: for all those who think im a junkie when all i do is smoke weed looool
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check these statements I copy and pasted off a drug info website:

WEED:
The highs:
Cannabis is a mild depressant, which means that it makes you feel relaxed, talkative and friendly. It is also an appetite stimulant, and is often prescribed to relieve the effects of glaucoma and cancer. The effects last between one and two hours. Cannabis is not an addictive substance and has no known cases of overdoses to date.

The lows:
You may feel dizzy or faint, and lose your concentration and short-term memory. It can dry you out, making your throat, tongue and lips dry, leaving you hungry and tired.

ALCOHOL:
The highs: In small amounts can help people to relax and feel sociable. Can make people talkative, and more likely to do things that they would not consider doing if they were sober.

The lows:
Alcohol can cause temporary blurred vision, slurred speech, loss of balance, poor judgement, poor coordination, and heightened emotions. Due to judgement being impaired by alcohol, there is an increased risk of injury and accident. Drinking alcohol can cause "hangovers" which can make you feel ill for a day or two. Alcohol is a depressant drug - if you are feeling down, drinking alcohol will make you feel worse. Mixing alcohol with other drugs can be very dangerous. Alcohol is psychologically and physiologically addictive. Long term overuse of alcohol can lead to serious liver, heart and stomach problems. Overdose of alcohol can cause alcoholic poisoning, which can in some instances be FATAL. Overdose can also lead to loss of consciousness, following which users risk choking on their own vomit, which can also be FATAL.

now tell me, what one should be illegal?

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeaceAtLast:
Cannabis is not an addictive substance

[Roll Eyes]

Please post a link to the drug info website.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Cannabis is a mild depressant, which means that it makes you feel relaxed, talkative and friendly.

That would make it a mild antidepressant, no?
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]

It isn't physically addictive. It can be psycologically addictive with prolonged use though but there are no real withdrawals when you stop taking it. There is no way one can overdose on it and there have been no known deaths due to it, unlike other drugs including tobacco and alcohol. [Wink]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]

It isn't physically addictive. It can be psycologically addictive with prolonged use though but there are no real withdrawals when you stop taking it. There is no way one can overdose on it and there have been no known deaths due to it, unlike other drugs including tobacco and alcohol. [Wink]
Are you refering to illness or accidents?

Ask a public safety official or a police officer about accidents involving weed. Completely different story all together.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smoking to much weed can lead to mental disorders i think. Here in the UK the weed that is sold now is 20 times stronger than it was in the 70's. There have been loads of research on skunk (weed) and have found that some dealers add other drugs to make them more phyically addictive.

Just thought i would add my tuppence worth. [Wink]

BTW- my BIL thought he was going to overdose on bango years ago. He never smoked or drank even lots of his friends did. He was around 17 at the time and i used to say to him that he should be proud that he didn't follow his friends and that he did what he wanted without feeling pressured. One night he came home and looked awful, he started shaking and said that he thought he would die. It turned out he smoked with some friends and i think was having a panic attack. He told my hubby to look after me that he loved me and my hubby. I kept telling him noone has ever died from smoking bango but he kept saying i'm having a overdose [Big Grin] I'm going to die! My MIL was so upset she began screaming (egyptain screaming [Wink] ) the whole building woke up and knew about my poor BIL [Big Grin] She took him to the hosptial [Big Grin] where the doctor told him off and gave him a vitamin shot (don't ask me why) He didn't leave the apartment for a week in pure shame!

I have never let him live it down [Big Grin] He gets so embarassed now. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ewwwwww mary jane give me a majir headache i smoked it once and never again!!!
hash is just as bad!!
i dont do drugs so thats as far as i experiminted with it!!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

...but there are no real withdrawals when you stop taking it.

actually, much evidence to the contrary exists...

http://www.nida.nih.gov/NIDA_notes/NNVol17N3/Demonstrates.html

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Marijuana-Withdrawal.html

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/bluvm050512.htm << this site is about weed, even tho it says alocholism

if you don't want to read any of these sites, they are basically saying that:

"Marijuana withdraw symptoms include, irritability, anger, depressed mood, headaches, restlessness, lack of appetite, and cravings for marijuana. Symptoms of marijuana withdrawal first appear in serious habitual users within the first 8 hours and are the most noticeable during the first 10 days, but withdrawal symptoms may last as long as 45 days. The withdrawal from marijuana is identifiable by behavioral and emotional distress."

so yes, on one level you are right, that it is more psychological, but don't kid yourself, there are physical effects as well...

i used to be a chronic marijuana smoker and when i'd try to go for a couple of days without, i'd get headaches and be really annoyed, and i couldn't sleep and i'd just want to smoke...

i always used to say that it's better to smoke weed than drink; i'd even say it to my mom when i was in high school and i'd come home stoned...but really, all of these drugs (alcohol and cigarettes included) are nothing but poisons...used in moderation and with control and restraint is one thing - but chronically, it's a problem...i've lived in and around addictions all my live from cigs to alcohol to food to cocaine...it ain't pretty

Om Namo Narayanaya

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drinking is the worst thing, I wish i can quit drinking but i just cant!
I don't like waking up with headache or feeling down! it leaves you low blow your mind!

--------------------
forum sharameet we khawalat we el operator m3rseen

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
topoftheworld
Member # 15107

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for topoftheworld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dring will dasmage our liver fast
Posts: 38 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
topoftheworld
Member # 15107

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for topoftheworld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
drink damage
Posts: 38 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
apparently it will damage your brain, too! hehe

--------------------
"It's very important to learn how to weasel out of things. It's what separates us from the animals...except the weasel." ~Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
liver and wallet and brain cells

--------------------

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dont forget it also makes u wake in strange postions and strange places with strange people!!!!
and it makes u do stupid things in public!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

tina, i have done the most stupid thing last week while i was drunk! i was so embarrassed the next day when i woke up!

--------------------

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
and what was that??
do i even wanna emagine?

--------------------

kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

I'd rather keep it to my self:) I want to forget and i hope everyone was there forget too.

--------------------

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
i thought drinkin was forbidden in egypt?

--------------------

kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Who said i am in Egypt!
But for your information its not, there are pleanty of bars, pubs and clubs in Egypt.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
well noone said u was in egypt i just assumed!
and i did not know there were bars in egypt!
so the bars are they like the bars in usa?
dancing and drinkin?
as far as i knew muslims cant drink correct me if im wrong!

--------------------

kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Yes tina, bars in Egypt are the same as in the U.S. of A but the only difference is that sometimes they play Arabic music in Egypt lol
And Muslims are not allowed to drink but some of them do unfortunately.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]

Are you refering to illness or accidents?

Ask a public safety official or a police officer about accidents involving weed. Completely different story all together.

Obviously I meant from overdose or prolonged use of the drug. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People react differently to marijuana than others. I have known people who had a really difficult time stopping it...whether it was psychological or physical was debatable...but they never stopped to this day.
It DOES affect reaction time, it impairs you and there have been accidents and deaths due to it.

Also Marijuana is a MAJOR gateway drug, it almost always (almost) leads to heavier drug use, it makes you lazy as hell, most of the burn outs I have ever known just want to sit around and veg all day, lose their jobs and puff on the bong every couple of hours...what a waste. I think one person's experiences can't be compared to anothers. Everyone really seems to handle marijuana in different ways...like it more/less, etc.

BTW Ayisha, while I don't have any hard evidence, I did read once somewhere that they actually think that over time long term marijuana useage affects the erections in men.
Oh wait, I just found it, here it is:

Some research has found a relationship between long-term use of marijuana is associated with increased erectile dysfunction.

web page

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Some research has found a relationship between long-term use of marijuana is associated with increased erectile dysfunction.

web page

Off out to find some for hubby [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
It CAN make some people lazy, it CAN make some people get more done. I have known some people smoke it and throw up! which is not normal.

As opposed to alcohol, it does not 'generally' make people violent or do things they dont remember or have no control over. It does have 'side effects' though as any drug even prescribed ones.

My mother, who suffered enormously with pain for many years before she died, tried it and it did help relieve her pain to an extent thankfully. It is used for MS sufferers too and has been used in many medicinal areas.

I disagree that it leads to harder substances though. It CAN in some people but certainly not all and that is not the norm. Many who smoke weed never bother with harder drugs which have a totally different effect. Some will experiment with other things and stick with the weed. You have to smoke a hell of a lot for it to affect your life and lose jobs over it and its not generally something that makes you sit and smoke the bong all day long.

Those that do go on to harder things would have anyway and generally have an 'addictive' personality, meaning they would be addicted to whatever they chose to take, be it alcohol, smack or pain killers.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Those that do go on to harder things would have anyway and generally have an 'addictive' personality, meaning they would be addicted to whatever they chose to take, be it alcohol, smack or pain killers.

I agree. Know a lot of people who smoke weed, and none of them partake in any other hard drugs.
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

quote:

I disagree that it leads to harder substances though. It CAN in some people but certainly not all and that is not the norm. Many who smoke weed never bother with harder drugs which have a totally different effect. Some will experiment with other things and stick with the weed. You have to smoke a hell of a lot for it to affect your life and lose jobs over it and its not generally something that makes you sit and smoke the bong all day long.

here, i agree with you Ayisha...being one of those who "experimented" with other drugs and eventually just stuck with the weed...

i'm SURE that if i hadn't tried weed first, i would have tried 'shrooms anyway...and then blow...etc etc...

and if we're going to label ANY gateway drug, it's CIGARETTES! and alcohol is trailing at a close 2nd!

Pothead_Barbie
Member # 15091

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pothead_Barbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:

Cannabis is a mild depressant, which means that it makes you feel relaxed, talkative and friendly.

That would make it a mild antidepressant, no?
no its a depressant...but not like sad depressed. it depresses feelings of anger and anxiety, while calming u down.
[Smile]

Posts: 460 | From: philly | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pothead_Barbie
Member # 15091

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pothead_Barbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya i tried it all...tried meth, it made me feel like i didnt have feet...
i tried coke...i got scared because it numbed my lips, my tongue and my throat therefore making me think i was suffocating.
im not an idiot. i believe addiction in the very first time is up to the user. i know the addictions and the sh*t that goes with it and i was curious. i told myself i would only try this stuff once and thats it. so far, i never tried them a second time. i felt the feel, thats all i wanted to know and i ended it there.
i could totally see how a person would wanna go back and back for more. but i didnt allow myself to go in for seconds because i didnt wanna become a junkie.
i went back to my weed and thats good enough for me:) sometimes i lick a shroom and grow 10 feet tall. but no big thing there.

Posts: 460 | From: philly | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pothead_Barbie
Member # 15091

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by walkingathinline:
quote:

...but there are no real withdrawals when you stop taking it.

actually, much evidence to the contrary exists...

http://www.nida.nih.gov/NIDA_notes/NNVol17N3/Demonstrates.html

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Marijuana-Withdrawal.html

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/bluvm050512.htm << this site is about weed, even tho it says alocholism

if you don't want to read any of these sites, they are basically saying that:

"Marijuana withdraw symptoms include, irritability, anger, depressed mood, headaches, restlessness, lack of appetite, and cravings for marijuana. Symptoms of marijuana withdrawal first appear in serious habitual users within the first 8 hours and are the most noticeable during the first 10 days, but withdrawal symptoms may last as long as 45 days. The withdrawal from marijuana is identifiable by behavioral and emotional distress."

so yes, on one level you are right, that it is more psychological, but don't kid yourself, there are physical effects as well...

i used to be a chronic marijuana smoker and when i'd try to go for a couple of days without, i'd get headaches and be really annoyed, and i couldn't sleep and i'd just want to smoke...

i always used to say that it's better to smoke weed than drink; i'd even say it to my mom when i was in high school and i'd come home stoned...but really, all of these drugs (alcohol and cigarettes included) are nothing but poisons...used in moderation and with control and restraint is one thing - but chronically, it's a problem...i've lived in and around addictions all my live from cigs to alcohol to food to cocaine...it ain't pretty

Om Namo Narayanaya

that BS...i been smoking since i was 17 and im 28 now. if i was out, of course i wanted some, but i was fine until i got more.
its not chemically addictive but sometimes you get really dumb people that are addicted to feeling good. they have underlying issues that make them this way, not the absence of the weed itself.
same thing with like food addiction...when these fat folk dont have their grub they get irritable and mean and depressed and will eat anything to comfort themselves. its not that they are ini nned of food, or are even hungry at all...but because they have problems that arent food related that they use the food to make themselves better. without the food they have no choice but to have to deal with life.
i watch a lot of discovery channel.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pothead_Barbie:
no its a depressant...but not like sad depressed. it depresses feelings of anger and anxiety, while calming u down.
[Smile]

I think my definition of "depressant" wasn't quite correct. Just looked it up and realized you are right.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com