EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Why is everyone bashing the Brits?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why is everyone bashing the Brits?
davieschristopher
Member # 15225

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for davieschristopher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever since I have been on this forum, it seems everyone is after the Brits. Why is that? When I was a senior in prep high school, we had a exchange program, and I thought they were very humble and lovely people. It is like all other places, you have the good, bad, and down-right ugly!
Posts: 409 | From: Iowa, United States | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pothead_Barbie
Member # 15091

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pothead_Barbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think brits rock!!!!! when i was a wiatress years back, we all used to fake british accents to get bigger tips! its fun too!
Posts: 460 | From: philly | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG - its so obvious some multiple usernames are having a conversation with themselves in some of these threads!!!!!
Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont hate them people i met a few nice brits here in this forum!!
but when i am always accused of bein one it makes me mad!!!
like yourshire rose shes nice
and the welsh woman i forget her id!!
shes cool

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davieschristopher
Member # 15225

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for davieschristopher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn-Bev*:
OMG - its so obvious some multiple usernames are having a conversation with themselves in some of these threads!!!!!

And what are you saying? That I am a liar?
Posts: 409 | From: Iowa, United States | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pothead_Barbie
Member # 15091

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pothead_Barbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya she probably think me and u the same person.

as i see it, the fox smells his own den.
i love when people get all technical and start saying 'obvious' and we both know that they are wrong. looooooool............goes to show there really isnt always a brain behind the words.

Posts: 460 | From: philly | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davieschristopher
Member # 15225

Rate Member
Well, I am sorry to burst your, um, bubble Dawn, but I am not the same person. Yet, I have seen the accuser be the one who was actually the perpetrator. LOL. So correct Barbie. It is so sad to see such mundane and thick-headed people on a forum. But, life moves forward.

--------------------
Peace Out Girl Scout

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
shes cool

.....Advocate Tina...that's me!! [Wink]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
shes cool

.....Advocate Tina...that's me!! [Wink]
as we get older we tend to forget alot of things!!
i will always rember u as welsh never yr id lol
u should make a new id welsh!!
i would rember u so easy!!!

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never found anyone to be insulting towards Brits apart from Bettyboo.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davieschristopher
Member # 15225

Rate Member
LOL. That's not the jest of what I have been getting at. Seems that Tina is, but I don't think she is. I think people just want to cause drama to cry to their momma (had to rhyme there lol).

--------------------
Peace Out Girl Scout

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
I have never found anyone to be insulting towards Brits apart from Bettyboo.

well i wasnt tryin to be too insulting but damn i aint brittish!!!!
hahahaha

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody thinks badly of the Brits, it's just some trying to stir things up here. Ignore it~
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by davieschristopher:
Well, I am sorry to burst your, um, bubble Dawn, but I am not the same person. Yet, I have seen the accuser be the one who was actually the perpetrator. LOL. So correct Barbie. It is so sad to see such mundane and thick-headed people on a forum. But, life moves forward.

I may be wrong but I think Dawn Bev was referring to the 'other thread'.

Not you or Pothead.

I am supposed to be a whole host of people too [Roll Eyes] according to someone.
Chimps being only one I have been accused of being so NO.....Tina is not Chimps.

How can we both be Chimps!

Oh unless I am Tina too..........hmmmm another one to add to my growing list of usernames, the latest this month according to her is Strangeways and Undercover.

Hysterical [Big Grin]

and agree with you here.

'I have seen the accuser be the one who was actually the perpetrator.'

^^^^^^ so very true [Wink]

Good advice from Smuckers Tina [Wink]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davieschristopher
Member # 15225

Rate Member
It is true Tina. Don't bite the bait. You may take sinker and all! Just ignore them.

--------------------
Peace Out Girl Scout

Former ES Member and Moving Away
Member # 10626

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think either Tina or this Davies fellow is Chimps. But, there's something coincidental about it....
Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Nobody thinks badly of the Brits, it's just some trying to stir things up here. Ignore it~

yr right!!!
seems im always takin someones bait!!!
damn me!!!

DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it was Harankash - its all over the place, I'm getting confused!

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh?? [Confused] [Confused]

Maybe I am not awake yet [Wink] but I have no idea what this thread is about.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev08:
Yes it was Harankash - its all over the place, I'm getting confused!

No problem Dawn

That is what her aim is to accuse folk of being trolls.
Its quite sick really and best thing we figured is to ignore her.

It goes back years and if we talk about LATELY I have been accused by her of being Undercover, Strangeways and Chimps. These are the latest. You need to go back further on her to read who else she claims I was.

Now for anyone with just an ounce of sense would surely realise that I am neither of these people.

In fact someone told me that I was actually in their house when one of them posted which proved the point!! [Roll Eyes]

You will also notice one of her friends who just this week has named me by my own NAME on 2 posts........eternally boring YAWN.... [Roll Eyes]

I have had no dealings whatsoever with this one in a long time. I avoid her at length, ignore yet this person seems obsessed, to the point of mentioning my name, out of the blue in 2 threads I was not even on!! now how weird is that [Confused]

As usual I just ignore it. What else can you do with nutters?

Most of my posts are related to Egypt, most are in response to a request, most are about something I discovered about Egypt, some like this where I am defending people who like me are under attack for no apparent reason.

It should surely now become apparent who the troublemakers are. It doesnt take Einstein to work out who's posts are the accusing, argumentative, taunting, stalking,predatory ones.

Yes members may have opinions on people but to stalk and chase on all of their posts is quite another thing. This is stalking, no other word for it.

Tina is not Chimps, neither am I.

Did anyone ever call Tina's number to check?

NOPE!! why, because they all go along with what the stalker and friends want to YOU to believe.
Simple as that.
It would all be solved with a quick phone call but that would spoil the fun and they would have to move onto someone else eh.

As the guy above said the accuser is usually the perpretator.

Their aim is to confuse, thats part of their game.

[Wink]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its all really ........... (I cant think of a verb to describe it) ........ pointless? weird?

a bit like being back in the school playground.

However, stalking is NOT funny

[Frown]

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a lot of british friends here in Egypt.. one of my favorite nations
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by harankash:

You will also notice one of her friends who just this week has named me by my own NAME on 2 posts........eternally boring YAWN.... [Roll Eyes]

I am fully aware of who you are talking about. Both of them should stick their heads more down their toilets... it will probably make them famous one day - insha'allah!! [Razz]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know you're British when...

You believe that Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are all good nights for drinking. Sunday is also entirely reasonable.

After a big night out you find yourself looking for a curry house.

Coming to work with a hangover is entirely accepted and indeed expected at least once a week.

You're always half an hour late to work and no one notices or even cares.

You can actually give directions to tourists on Oxford Street!

You step over a drunk on the underground rather than offering to help them.

You don't even bother looking out of the window when you get up in the morning to check what the weather is like. You know it is grey and overcast.

You consider a suit to be normal attire for the pub.

You expect men to actually cut, comb and style their hair (using hair products). And to wear decent clothes and moisturize daily.

You collapse with laughter when listening to the funny accent of the Aussie international telephone operator (or on TV!).

You think £40 for a haircut is quite reasonable.

You can't remember what 'customer service' means.

More than three hours sunlight on summer days seems excessive.

You don't think twice about tipping your hairdresser.

You finish every sentence with 'Cheers' or 'Yeah'.

You only realise you have lost your sun glasses when you remember you left them in Greece 2 summers ago.

You like English cooking. After all, it's hard to beat a full English breakfast.

You are on to your 6th umbrella and your second overcoat... this year.

You buy disposable baby BBQs from Tesco.

A day at the beach means wearing the warmest clothes you own while standing on golf ball-size pebbles and the thought of swimming doesn't even enter your head.

You always call soccer "football" and you support a team that's not Manchester United.

You don't think twice about buying a sandwich wrapped in cellophane.

A sunny lunchtime means searching for a patch of grass and stripping off practically down to your underwear.

You've accepted queuing as a way of life. In fact you're proud of how good you are at it.

Please continue to add..... [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangang
Member # 15126

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know your American when...

you don't let your children smoke but their bf/gf lives with you

you know what's best for everyone else kids

Your kids cuss at you and don't get smacked

You aren't talking to your mom/dad right now...

you're thirty and your parents still support you

You think alcohol is ok as long as the kids drink it at home

you pay for your daughters birth control

You consider having to mow your lawn government harassment

you think you got a speeding ticket because you're (choose one) white /black Hispanic/female/driving a nice car/driving a crappy car/old /younger the policeman has a quota

You would rather spend 30 minutes looking for a closer parking space than 3 minutes walking

You wish all these foreigners living in other countries would just learn to speak english right. . . especially those darn British and Australians who think they already are

You watch more then 5 hours of TV a day and the last book you read was in college.

The location of any country but your own is a complete mystery to you.

You think Iraq attacked America on September 11th.

You drive around looking for the closest parking space...at the gym!

...Your cell phone could be mistaken for life support.

Your SUV has a "My child is a blah blah blah" bumpersticker on it.

You don't believe in God but celebrate Christmas anyway.

You care about celebrity gossip.

You don't know who your neighbors are and you couldn't care less.

You believe everything you hear on Fox News.

You line up 5 days in advance to pay $600 for a video game system.

You line up at 3am on “Black Friday” so that you can take advantage of the sales on the day after Thanksgiving. Americans spent nearly $9 billion on November 24, which is a 6% increase since 2005. (By the way, Americans spent more money on one day than what the 10 poorest countries produce cumulatively in one year)

Your police officers are re-deployed on Black Friday to handle the traffic (and the fights) of people “bargain” hunting. (Pray that no crimes are committed in your neighborhood on Black Friday and/or you don’t need to call 9-1-1)

Posts: 141 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davieschristopher
Member # 15225

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for davieschristopher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snidely Whiplash:
You know your American when...

you don't let your children smoke but their bf/gf lives with you

you know what's best for everyone else kids

Your kids cuss at you and don't get smacked

You aren't talking to your mom/dad right now...

you're thirty and your parents still support you

You think alcohol is ok as long as the kids drink it at home

you pay for your daughters birth control

You consider having to mow your lawn government harassment

you think you got a speeding ticket because you're (choose one) white /black Hispanic/female/driving a nice car/driving a crappy car/old /younger the policeman has a quota

You would rather spend 30 minutes looking for a closer parking space than 3 minutes walking

You wish all these foreigners living in other countries would just learn to speak english right. . . especially those darn British and Australians who think they already are

You watch more then 5 hours of TV a day and the last book you read was in college.

The location of any country but your own is a complete mystery to you.

You think Iraq attacked America on September 11th.

You drive around looking for the closest parking space...at the gym!

...Your cell phone could be mistaken for life support.

Your SUV has a "My child is a blah blah blah" bumpersticker on it.

You don't believe in God but celebrate Christmas anyway.

You care about celebrity gossip.

You don't know who your neighbors are and you couldn't care less.

You believe everything you hear on Fox News.

You line up 5 days in advance to pay $600 for a video game system.

You line up at 3am on “Black Friday” so that you can take advantage of the sales on the day after Thanksgiving. Americans spent nearly $9 billion on November 24, which is a 6% increase since 2005. (By the way, Americans spent more money on one day than what the 10 poorest countries produce cumulatively in one year)

Your police officers are re-deployed on Black Friday to handle the traffic (and the fights) of people “bargain” hunting. (Pray that no crimes are committed in your neighborhood on Black Friday and/or you don’t need to call 9-1-1)

Hahahahaha..... That's so true! Quite unfortunate but so true. I love it. I am an American and I can see that everyday!
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some things (closest parking space) can be applied to other nationalities as well I think. [Wink]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qmar
Member # 12602

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Qmar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know you are British when you huff and puff about queue jumpers and happily queue alone when no others are at the bus stop! (face forward behind the post giving info) [Big Grin]
Posts: 102 | From: Somewhere only we know... | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
You know you're British when...

You believe that Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are all good nights for drinking. Sunday is also entirely reasonable.

After a big night out you find yourself looking for a curry house.

Coming to work with a hangover is entirely accepted and indeed expected at least once a week.

You're always half an hour late to work and no one notices or even cares.

You can actually give directions to tourists on Oxford Street!

You step over a drunk on the underground rather than offering to help them.

You don't even bother looking out of the window when you get up in the morning to check what the weather is like. You know it is grey and overcast.

You consider a suit to be normal attire for the pub.

You expect men to actually cut, comb and style their hair (using hair products). And to wear decent clothes and moisturize daily.

You collapse with laughter when listening to the funny accent of the Aussie international telephone operator (or on TV!).

You think £40 for a haircut is quite reasonable.

You can't remember what 'customer service' means.

More than three hours sunlight on summer days seems excessive.

You don't think twice about tipping your hairdresser.

You finish every sentence with 'Cheers' or 'Yeah'.

You only realise you have lost your sun glasses when you remember you left them in Greece 2 summers ago.

You like English cooking. After all, it's hard to beat a full English breakfast.

You are on to your 6th umbrella and your second overcoat... this year.

You buy disposable baby BBQs from Tesco.

A day at the beach means wearing the warmest clothes you own while standing on golf ball-size pebbles and the thought of swimming doesn't even enter your head.

You always call soccer "football" and you support a team that's not Manchester United.

You don't think twice about buying a sandwich wrapped in cellophane.

A sunny lunchtime means searching for a patch of grass and stripping off practically down to your underwear.

You've accepted queuing as a way of life. In fact you're proud of how good you are at it.

Please continue to add..... [Big Grin]

These are funny, cheers [Big Grin]
Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com