EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » documentary about sexual herassment in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: documentary about sexual herassment in Egypt
ma-egy
Member # 11463

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma-egy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, I am an Egyptian femal preparing to do a film about sexual herassment in Egypt and i would love to have as much women -and men- as possiable to get the massage around.

I know its hard to deal with it in the streets and its harder to talk about it with strangers but if you wanna put an end to it, there is an action to take.

If you had enought BS from men on the streets and wanna save that little space we have, plaese email me on; manar47@yahoo.com

Thank you all.

Posts: 69 | From: cairo | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a splendid idea! Good luck with your project!!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what are you looking for? articles, comments, real stories?? ive got enough material for 10 movies hehe... Welcome to Hurghada
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ma-egy
Member # 11463

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma-egy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for real stories to be told in front of the camera.

I was recently assulted and i thought that i had two choices; to leave Egypt or to stay and fight it. so i need poeple to fight it with me, women who been through it and men who does it or thinks its wrong.

Posts: 69 | From: cairo | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All you have to do is walk down the streets of Cairo and stop any woman to get real stories, why here?

--------------------
MEOW

Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come to Hurghada then... plenty of stories from here.. one of my girlfriends was sitting at the bus against the window.. she felt something stroking her breast.. it was the dude behind her, who managed to get his his fingers througha crack in the side... how gross is that?? even tried myself sitting next to a man in the bus.. he had his arms crossed and while hiding his fingers he stroked my thighs.. never yelled so loudly before, and felt so violated after...
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which channel/producer are you working for/with?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bastet*Loves*Ptah:
All you have to do is walk down the streets of Cairo and stop any woman to get real stories, why here?

Yeah, it's not just Cairo. I've experienced it myself all over Egypt. We're in Alexandria right now, and I do believe they've been the worst. The other day my husband and I were sitting in a cafe on the Corniche. He left me alone while he went to pray. While I was by myself, I looked over and there was a guy - with a big ol' purple zabiba - looking at me and, ah, touching himself. I've stopped complaining about it because either my husband refuses to see it or chooses to ignore it. A documentary would be wonderful. Good luck getting it aired in Egypt, though.
Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love walking around in cairo.....i feel like madonna.
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catherine Sub Parr
Member # 15436

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catherine Sub Parr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeaceAtLast:

u feel like celebrity when men
treet u like this?????????? [Eek!]

Posts: 71 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Catherine Sub Parr:
quote:
Originally posted by PeaceAtLast:

u feel like celebrity when men
treet u like this?????????? [Eek!]

has nothing to do with men....women and men do it. guess its the blonde hair:)

ps...you spelled treat wrong.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got chased by two men when walking down a main street in Luxor- even though I was with my mum! It was two young guys in a taxi, who tried to talk me into getting in the car, but because there was two we refused. So they got out and kept trying to grab me. This continued even when I was in a taxi and driving away, they ran after the car trying to put their hands through the open window!
Because of this, when I went back last month, I didn't go anywhere alone without Hossam, and so got a lot less hassle.
I think a documentary on the subject would be very interesting.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the times it depends on how you dressed. I never had things like that. Okey sometimes the starnge way of looking and few comments are possible but never had a bad thing or insistent manners alhamdulillah...
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
my first day out on the town in cairo i had on a guess jean jacket with matching jeans and heels, long blonde hair and sunglasses thats it.
maybe it was the jeans. i dont know.
but you have to figure, light blonde chicks are exotic to them.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wearing a maxi dress. So my arms were on show, but everything else, right down to my feet was covered.
Personally, I think it shouldn't matter even if I was in a boobtube and miniskirt, men shouldn’t do that. It is just like rape victims being accused of leading men on because of what they were wearing. If I see a topless man, I can quite easily control myself (although in England most topless men are fat and hairy lol) so I expect the same sort of respect.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
well egypt is sex starved, then they have all those music videos of half naked leb chicks bouncing around and that makes it harder.

sometimes i would think, omg will u rent a hooker and have sex and get it out of ur system already?? looool

jeeeeez!

sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just returned from egypt, whilst there my frined who lives there was touched between the legs from behind by an egyptian man quite crudely, whilst we were shopping. This man then proceeded to follow us up the road. When confronted he asked if my frined was offended! He did not seem to understand that this was not acceptable to an english woman. What is going on in their heads?
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh sorry, I forgot that I have long black hair, not blonde. Maybe that s the reason [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry meant to say ANY woman.
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat':
Most of the times it depends on how you dressed.

I disagree. Mr. Wonderful would lose his ever-loving mind if I walked out of the house with my wrists/arms and/or ankles/legs exposed. I know this because I did it in a hotel (wore a pair of shorts out of the room for one minute) and he saw me. I'm certain it's because I look foreign - light brown hair and green eyes, really fair skinned.

The "foreign look" is the same reason the cable installation guy demanded more money before he'd leave, the same reason every single taxi cab ride costs more if I'm riding, and the same reason we have to pay police to get through at check-points. They all must see me and figure if he can afford me, he can afford them.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow action needs to be taken for sure.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sherribaby:
Just returned from egypt, whilst there my frined who lives there was touched between the legs from behind by an egyptian man quite crudely, whilst we were shopping. This man then proceeded to follow us up the road. When confronted he asked if my frined was offended! He did not seem to understand that this was not acceptable to an english woman. What is going on in their heads?

OMG !!

i would have beat the living shite outta him!!
and i have done before now. [Big Grin] and
for a lot less

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Yes totally agree with this remark manx, however maybe with her british reserve my friend didnt do anything except give a severe look, she didn't even tell me until we were outside the shop.
If it had of been me I think I would of hit him too. Just the sheer cheek of following her and asking if she was offended was unbelieveable.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com