EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Friendship after relationship failure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friendship after relationship failure
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you be friends with someone you loved and were in a relationship with before? Is it possible or not? Or is it better to go separate ways and never hear from or see each other again??
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and sophies dad did very well at staying friends for 2 years. We have fallen out now and the damage he has caused i dont think we will ever be able to be friends again.

Other than him and 1 other, i have always stayed friends with my Ex's. I didnt push for it, it just worked out that way.

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have children together then you have got to try and stay friends for their sake. The problem is often when new partners come along and cannot accept that friendship. My Ex's new partner made absolutely sure she destroyed our friendship in order to secure her place, she never considered the effect this would have on my son.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sneaky_girl
Member # 15175

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sneaky_girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for me its depend if how u separate with each other..
but regarding my experience with an egy guy
its not good to be friends after all
we just only fighting especially if he knows that im going out with someone..

Posts: 49 | From: in the dessert | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you are used to be number one so hard to be number two or three or four
Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
must be the same for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd wife of 4.
Would you have 4 wives YEG?

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely. But of course it depends on why the relationship failed.

Usually it takes a while for the parameters of the relationship to change from one thing to the other, but yes.

I have some dear friends who are exes - whether it was me or them who broke it up.

Where we are no longer friends it is usually because it has faded over time as some friendships do.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kaket el 7o7:
must be the same for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd wife of 4.
Would you have 4 wives YEG?

never ever
1 for lifetime

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hell to the no! my ex tries to be friends to me but i just stand there and scowl at him.
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sneaky_girl:

That is gross! He doesn't wanna commit to you, gets engaged to a girl from his o2wn country but yet wants to enjoy some funtime with you together and gets jealous if you go out with someone else?? [Confused]

Seriously if I was you I'd not go out with one but at least a dozen people and never ever give him one look again!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HandsUpHandsDown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO. NO. NO. It's over for a reason. Unless you have children, let it GO.
Posts: 246 | From: but one life to live | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes time but after a while it can happen, I dont hold bitterness to no one.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ofcourse you can. An ex of mine from years ago, finished our relationship. Years later he came back to my town and I bumped into him and we had a chat. He told me it hadn't been me just the way he was at that time. I'm glad we made up because 4 months later he was dead! Only 40 years old! Once again life is too short.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well guys i am about to find out i guess.
i really hope he doesnt want to be friends cos i dont think i can

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sneaky_girl
Member # 15175

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sneaky_girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
Originally posted by sneaky_girl:

That is gross! He doesn't wanna commit to you, gets engaged to a girl from his o2wn country but yet wants to enjoy some funtime with you together and gets jealous if you go out with someone else?? [Confused]

Seriously if I was you I'd not go out with one but at least a dozen people and never ever give him one look again!!

yeah, absolutely correct [Smile] ..
at first we are ok though i know he's now engaged we used to go out..
but when he knows that i came late and i went out with someone his now getting angry we're shouting in phone and fighting i dnt knw why his doing it. i think he is selfish he dont want me to be happy [Eek!]

now, im not talking with him and as much as possible i dnt want him to be updated what's going on with me [Big Grin]

Posts: 49 | From: in the dessert | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com