EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Love at the job

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Love at the job
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question...
If one of your managers tell you that they are in love with you, does it mean you are doing a good job or is it literally what they said?
Got held back in a meeting this morning and was shot that line. I dont know how to take it.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...there was no context to this statement? S/he didn't say anything else?

I wouldn't take it literally. S/he probably thinks you said something good in the meeting.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissFit
Member # 15579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissFit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It went like this.
'Ok everyone im done u can leave.'
i get up to leave and he goes, 'Wait, Tami, stay with me a second, everyone else you can go.'
I sat down and said, 'What did I do now?!'
He told me about how he didn't like how I yelled at him yesterday and that I embarrased him (lol) and then he said, 'you do a really good job here and even when you were on the position all by yourself. i have to admit it Tami, and don't say anything but Im in love with you...i really mean it. I like you, you like me and were friends right? So going forward, dont yell at me like that anymore, it really hurt. Just tell me what I can do to approach you better.'
i told him its not his fault, its mine..I have to keep control of my own tough ass, apologized and quickly walked out the room with a nervous grin in my face. (when im nervous i laugh, i dont know why)

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then he got you where he wants you: in confusement and admitting that you were wrong instead of him. You will work even harder, because of what he said, and that's his goal.
Good luck!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you heard of sexual harassment?
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are yelling at your boss??? [Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
I don't really 'yell' at him, but I get smart ass. Like last week I told him that his eyebrows make him look like a girl. (he waxes) It's his fault. He is alway rubbing my back and tries to tickle me under my arms and so I guess he deserves it.
But he does the most stupidest things and is so lazy omg! That kind of people get under my skin unlike no other.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well... it looks like you are teasing each other. [Wink] Isn't that the rockstar you are talking about??
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
No this is another boss...
I cant help myself, yes I do flirt back...what can I say.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Momma Dukes:
I don't really 'yell' at him, but I get smart ass. Like last week I told him that his eyebrows make him look like a girl. (he waxes) It's his fault. He is alway rubbing my back and tries to tickle me under my arms and so I guess he deserves it.
But he does the most stupidest things and is so lazy omg! That kind of people get under my skin unlike no other.

Urm - if an Egyptian man did this to someone here, the whole forum would be screaming 'sexual harassment'.

Do you mind his advances? I would interpret it to mean he fancies you. So really its a case of
(a) is it unwanted (in which case its SH) or
(b) do you not mind much because of the nature of your place of work, its accepted 'banter'? (in which case it may or may not be SH). Or
(3) do you not mind because you fancy him too (in which case its not SH).

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Shanta, she already answered that previously. She admitted she does flirt back. [Wink]
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeema:
quote:

Urm - if an Egyptian man did this to someone here, the whole forum would be screaming 'sexual harassment'.

Do you mind his advances? I would interpret it to mean he fancies you. So really its a case of
(a) is it unwanted (in which case its SH) or
(b) do you not mind much because of the nature of your place of work, its accepted 'banter'? (in which case it may or may not be SH). Or
(3) do you not mind because you fancy him too (in which case its not SH).

LOL if it was an egyptian man, I would have had him right then and there on the conference room table. [Big Grin] I just aint into american men, so this dude aint gettin any.
There are Egyptians that work in my building but they are on the other side.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
LOL if it was an egyptian man, I would have had him right then and there on the conference room table.

This is too much for me to read on a peaceful Friday afternoon!! [Eek!] [Eek!]

quote:
There are Egyptians that work in my building but they are on the other side.

I guess it's their *luck*?? [Big Grin] [Wink]
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
looooool..nah i see them peeking at me in the courtyard at lunch.
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you are just so beautiful, hot and respectful no man can help themself. What a ego you have! All you do is talk about how hot you are. You really are very insecure to have to boost yourself up all the time. Do you judge your hotness by how many men you have fucked?
Looks like it. Get over yourself PLEASE!!!!!!!

Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It went like this.
'Ok everyone im done u can leave.'
i get up to leave and he goes, 'Wait, Tami, stay with me a second, everyone else you can go.'
I sat down and said, 'What did I do now?!'
He told me about how he didn't like how I yelled at him yesterday and that I embarrased him (lol) and then he said, 'you do a really good job here and even when you were on the position all by yourself. i have to admit it Tami, and don't say anything but Im in love with you...i really
mean it. I like you, you like me and were friends right? So going forward, dont yell at me like that anymore, it really hurt. Just tell me what I can do to approach you better.'
i told him its not his fault, its mine..I have to keep control of my own tough ass, apologized and quickly walked out the room with a nervous grin in my face. (when im nervous i laugh, i dont know why)

Is this manager married?

Snap have one of these at my work too, theres usually one everywhere if you look carefully.

Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hitman
Member # 13360

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hitman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have a question...
If one of your managers tell you that they are in love with you, does it mean you are doing a good job or is it literally what they said?
Got held back in a meeting this morning and was shot that line. I dont know how to take it.

if u want an egyptian man experience about what u asked !!! ..that means he wanna have u in bed with him someday ........I am not kidding .....take care
Posts: 235 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com