EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » A Father's Position Regarding Seeing His Child

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Father's Position Regarding Seeing His Child
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet again the friend in need is a friend indeed, so this question is being asked on behalf of a friend.

When an Egyptian man and woman divorce and she is pregnant with his child, upon the child's birth is it correct in thinking that he would not name the child and would be unable to visit the child? The maternal family now hate the prospective father and would not take the child to see him.

Also is it correct that should the father go and see the child people would ask why was he going there as he is now divorced from the mother as it would bring her reputation into ill repute?

Thank you all in advance for your knowledge upon this subject.

I apologise if it is not very clear but this is the way I was told the information by my friend.

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no clue. What a sad situation. [Frown]

But doesn't a child need to have a father named somehow on the birth certificate to have any legitimacy in Egypt?

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea, I am only looking outside the situation and trying to offer support and advice.

To say this whole situation is a mess is an understatement unfortunately.

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissFit
Member # 15579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissFit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know either but clearly the only loser in whatever happens will be the child. Are you friends with the father or the mother?
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Neither, it is complicated! [Roll Eyes]
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
advocate, I think the best advice you could give her would be to seek an attorney.

If I am not mistaken, (if they are muslims) the father is still the father no matter if child is born after divorce. The child takes the fathers name and he is obligated to provide for financial care till a certain age. He also has a right to see the child, on neutral grounds.

An attorney could advise her best.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life is complicated.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the better advice would be to tell the ex-husband and father of the unborn child to seek legal help as it's stated that the woman's family want nothing to do anymore with her ex spouse.

And wow, that was quick, getting pregnant and being already divorced!

May I ask how long the couple was married?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I think the better advice would be to tell the ex-husband and father of the unborn child to seek legal help as it's stated that the woman's family want nothing to do anymore with her ex spouse.

That is exactly why SHE should seek legal advice. Laws supercede "wants".
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he is muslim, he isnt supposed to be able to divorce her while she is pregnant. The divorce wouldnt be legal or official until after the pregnancy is over. The only situations in this i have ever seen is that one or the other parent gets custody and the one that doesnt isnt in that childs life.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
If he is muslim, he isnt supposed to be able to divorce her while she is pregnant. The divorce wouldnt be legal or official until after the pregnancy is over. The only situations in this i have ever seen is that one or the other parent gets custody and the one that doesnt isnt in that childs life.

Is that a fact mystic? cos my friend is under the impression that he is legally divorced. [Confused]
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes i think mystic is right with this.
I work with a lady and she is divorced, the man has the child, and she literally, has accepted the child is not in her life no more.
She has even told me she does not like the child.
I was shocked,
She told me she never wanted him, and never in 1 time loved the man.
She was 7 times pregnant and had 6 removed, i was totally shocked, really and truelly.
She is living her life normal. I couldnt.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
Yes i think mystic is right with this.
I work with a lady and she is divorced, the man has the child, and she literally, has accepted the child is not in her life no more.
She has even told me she does not like the child.
I was shocked,
She told me she never wanted him, and never in 1 time loved the man.
She was 7 times pregnant and had 6 removed, i was totally shocked, really and truelly.
She is living her life normal. I couldnt.

I don't think we can understand what it feels like to be forced to marry someone you don't like let alone love.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com