EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » help plz (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: help plz
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok here is the situation
walid has the 3000$ to put in the bank to get a visitor visa to usa...
now he said all he needs is a letter like a request to visit i have no clue what to write or where to send it like an invitation to come...

how long will it take what all do i need to do... i have never done this before so plz if someone knows walk me step thru step on what i should do... god i need him with me i dont care if its in usa for a few months....after all theses yrs its time we meet face to face no matter what...

and for this visitor visa what qualifications does the requestor need??
geez in confused and excited to think i could have him in my arms as soon as a few months after almost 7 yrs online im excited confused ... horney lol
spomeone help me plz..... yall know alot more then i do about theses situations.. i know tiger knows everything....

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow huni
im so excited for you
hugs
i cant help , but iu send you love

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what he needs is an 'invitation' letter from you. You need to make notes of all the points you need to put in it, like how long you have been talking, phoning etc. You also need to put that YOU can support him while he is there and that there is somewhere for him to stay while he's there. You also need to put dates if possible and his DATE OF RETURN TO EGYPT. The thing they are most bothered about is that he WILL return. so...you invite him over for a month/2 months or whatever.

Try to write it like a normal letter to him, not like a 'this is for the visa' letter.

Start by something like:

Dear Walid, after all these years chatting with you and speaking on the phone it will be wonderful to have you visit me and my family. We have all discussed this and are anxious for you to visit our country. My son, you know Chris so well now, he is dying to meet you and has so many things he would love to show you and places he wants to take you, he feel he knows you like you were the boy next door.

We think it would be better if you can come during (whatever month) as the weather is great then, I know you dont want to freeze to death after the temperatures in Egypt!

Please let us know what will be better for you and we will make all the arrangements this end for your stay, dont worry about money as all your expenses for your stay will be paid by me and the family. I have a spare bedroom which you are of course welcome to, my son also has plenty of room for you to stay and we will visit Aunt sally who has lots of space and is also looking forward to meeting you, blah blah

Try NOT to put that he is coming for YOU, that this is a love affair, in my opinion that will wave red flags all over the place.

I may be totally wrong as im basing this on how to get to UK, USA may be totally different.

I wish you the very best of luck and hope you will soon have him in your arms! [Big Grin]

I hope others help here as this needs to be VERY WELL PLANNED before you write anything.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sample Invitation Letter

Note: This letter should be sent to the person who will be requesting the visa, and that person should present it to the US consul in conjunction with the application for the tourist (B-2) visa. The person should also present as much documentation as possible to establish that he/she will be returning to their country prior to the expiration of their authorized stay in the United States.

Date: _________

United States Consulate General
(Address of Foreign Consulate Where Person Will Apply for the Visa)

Dear Honorable Consul:

1. My name is _______, and I reside at _____________________________.
2. I am a United States citizen (or lawful permanent resident alien).
3. I am requesting that you issue a tourist (B-2) visa to ___________, in order to allow her/him to visit with me in the United States.
4. (Explain your relationship to the person in number 3 above).
5. _________ will be visiting with me from ______ to ______. (Explain why you want the person to visit).
6. During her/his stay in the United States, she/he will stay with me at my home/apt. at the address stated above. I will be responsible for all of her/his room and board expenses while she/he is in the United States.
7. Upon the termination of her/his visit, she/he will return to _________.
8. _______ will be presenting this letter to you, together with other evidence to establish her/his close ties to her/his country, and to assure you that she/he will return prior to the expiration of their stay in the United States.

Your kind consideration to this request will be greatly appreciated.

Very truly yours,

Name
Address
Telephone No.

http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/newshints66.htm

Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so i should print a copy of that letter to send or do i write all of that out????

this is so stupid that he needs an invatation letter to visit usa
but my son has a job and i will say hes staying there u think it would be better is my son invited walid??

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.path2usa.com/immigration/visitorvisa/visitor_visa.htm
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tina that might be a good idea for Chris to invite him, thinking about it.

The sample massenburg put I would think is the one TO the embassy on his behalf but I think you also need to do one for HIM, as an invite to him, for him to also take with his application.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina

I am being perfectly honest with you here.

his chances of him getting a visit visa are about nil.

Do you know that a doctor friend was refused, to attend a course. When my husband applied 4 Egyptian girls were refused to study.

It is well nigh impossible to get a visit one unless he has travelled out to at least Europe or has a very good reason ie business all in his name to return to.
The USA and the UK are the 2 hardest to get visas to.

Why doesn't he wire you the money and pay for a ticket for you to come here?

That would be one of the best ways of seeing how serious he is about you.

If you are still determined to go ahead then the best bet would be to apply for a spousal/fiance one. If you apply for a visit one and get refused (which you will) the info will be held on the database and as soon as he reapplies his name will come up with a refusal. This causes major problems.

I am telling you this because this was told to me by THE!! Consul at the British Embassy in Cairo regarding another woman's application.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg2008
Member # 14767

quote:
Originally posted by Caketel*khokh*:
Tina

I am being perfectly honest with you here.

his chances of him getting a visit visa are about nil.

Do you know that a doctor friend was refused, to attend a course. When my husband applied 4 Egyptian girls were refused to study.

It is well nigh impossible to get a visit one unless he has travelled out to at least Europe or has a very good reason ie business all in his name to return to.
The USA and the UK are the 2 hardest to get visas to.

Getting a visa to the US is difficult but not impossible. If the person works for a reputable company, she/he won't have a tough time with the visa. I used to work for one of the big 4 audit firms in Cairo and all those applying for a visa to the US (CPA exam) got it. The same goes for the other firms. I will be working again for one the big 4 audit firms, this time not in Egypt.
In my current firm, no one has ever been denied a visa to the US or any other country.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toots is right about Walid having no chance to receive a visitor's visa to the US - but I didn't wanna sound pessimistic 'cause tina was very excited about the new development.

And as far as I know Walid owns a little internet cafe.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even after having a visa for Europe during study, and having a job by a respectable company, they are refusing visa.
And the story about the $ 3.000 is a fairy-tale. He has to be sure that he has enough income to stay there for as long as the visa is valid, and they take his monthly income as a guideline to his economical status. It is all about the risk that he is not going to return to Egypt...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QuiteEgyptian
Member # 15568

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuiteEgyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree completely with Caketel*khokh* ,
the $3000 he has could pay for your ticket and stay in Egypt for a while.
Good luck!

Posts: 435 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina write the letter that Massenburg posted. I had to write 3 letters for getting people over here from egypt in the past and each time they were approved. you have to make it sound like a family thing...they go easy on you with that. tell them that you are his fiancee and you wish to be married.make sure you out good emphasis on what his living arrangements will be also. dont say too much though, there is no need to include your son or anybody..
i got my ex's brothers mother and grandmother over here by writing that i was getting married, then having a baby, then to get his grandmother here i wrote that i wanted to help her with medical care. A friend of mine, Mohamed, his wife wrote a letter getting a long term visa for his mother saying that she should come to usa since she should not be alone since her daughter died. (her daughter in egypt was killed by medical malpractice).
If you make it seem like a family or medical thing, they almost always approve.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh good luck tina, I do hope you wont have any problems.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kentuckygirl9
Member # 9949

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kentuckygirl9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why dont he send the money to you for you to go to Egypt? That way you will see him for sure. You have a 99 percent chance that he will be denied. You both will get disappointed and then loose 100 dollars on top of that. You have to have major proof that he will return back to Egypt. A big business, a wife and kids to return to, something major. If they think you are his girlfriend, they will think he will come here and just stay. Go to Egypt... you will love it. Then if it works out, apply for a fiance visa they are approving those so much right now for those that have met in person. Then he can come here. All you need is a passport to go there and you can leave now.
Posts: 41 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kentuckygirl9:
Why dont he send the money to you for you to go to Egypt? That way you will see him for sure. You have a 99 percent chance that he will be denied. You both will get disappointed and then loose 100 dollars on top of that. You have to have major proof that he will return back to Egypt. A big business, a wife and kids to return to, something major. If they think you are his girlfriend, they will think he will come here and just stay. Go to Egypt... you will love it. Then if it works out, apply for a fiance visa they are approving those so much right now for those that have met in person. Then he can come here. All you need is a passport to go there and you can leave now.

You might have forgotten that Tinah mentioned when she joined the board that she cannot get her passport for the moment,and that is mainly the reason she's unable to travel out of USA. [Frown]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eve&Vin
Member # 14990

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve&Vin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina Good luck. I will cross my fingers. Keep us inform.
Posts: 58 | From: Singapore | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
well he has his own business and home so he has a better chance at getting a visa all he needs is that invit and 3000$ in the bank

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Member # 14677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *****     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful news Tina, I wish you all the best and hope Walid will be granted visa

--------------------
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Posts: 564 | From: planet earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
wow cool girl dont raise your hopes but wait and see, it maybe come all true.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
ok here is the situation
walid has the 3000$ to put in the bank to get a visitor visa to usa...
now he said all he needs is a letter like a request to visit i have no clue what to write or where to send it like an invitation to come...

how long will it take what all do i need to do... i have never done this before so plz if someone knows walk me step thru step on what i should do... god i need him with me i dont care if its in usa for a few months....after all theses yrs its time we meet face to face no matter what...

and for this visitor visa what qualifications does the requestor need??
geez in confused and excited to think i could have him in my arms as soon as a few months after almost 7 yrs online im excited confused ... horney lol
spomeone help me plz..... yall know alot more then i do about theses situations.. i know tiger knows everything....

Go for it girl life is too short,do as massenburg says honey follow your heart [Big Grin]
I really really do hope your plan comes to fruition have at it [Wink]

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina, please check out the link I'll posted already earlier!!

Sponsor in USA needs to send:

http://www.path2usa.com/immigration/visitorvisa/sponsor_documents.htm

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish you the best Tina, Tamer was refused a visitors visa for UK. We have appealed but no answer yet. I'm afraid they will just refuse Walid with silly excuses like they did with Tamer. Make sure you include as much information as possible. Chris inviting him is probably a better option. Unfortunately I didn't have family to invite him.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Awwwww keep trying YAH, i do hope that soon you will be able to bring him for a holiday.
Good luck.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina if you cannot leave the USA wont the immigration have a problem with that alone?

Say he came and needed major surgery. Can you pay for that? can you prove you can and have the funds? That is what they want to know.

Also depends on how much the business and house are worth.
Does he own the 2 buildings and are they in his name alone? If not then forget it.

They want to be absolutely guaranteed that he will return there after the visa expires and that is very hard to do.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately he is damned either way. He has money so they can say well, he has no reason to go back as he is not dependant on his family, if he had no money then it would be, well he wants to US to make money for his family!!!!.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Thanks Yorkie, we can but try!
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
yes everything is in his name...im sure it would be fine.. and me not getting a passpoet has nothin at all wat so ever to do with him getting a visitors visa.. cas he aint staying he would loose his hiome and business

--------------------

sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina wish you all the luck in the world.

Just a question, I have been informed that it is just as hard to get a spouse visa as it is a visitors visa? Also, maybe easier if lived in egypt together for 2 years? This advice has been given to me by a friend who recently had her boyfriends visa refused.

Tina I too am looking into this - GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by sherribaby:
Tina wish you all the luck in the world.

Just a question, I have been informed that it is just as hard to get a spouse visa as it is a visitors visa? Also, maybe easier if lived in egypt together for 2 years? This advice has been given to me by a friend who recently had her boyfriends visa refused.

Tina I too am looking into this - GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

well we have proof we knew eachother since 2002 thats not a problem..and the only reason he was turned down last time is cas we did not have the money in the bank.. so im sure he will get it thats not a problem. my son will fill out an avfidavet for finances and a invatation.. he knows how much walid means to me....when he gets here we will marry...then i can appeal to child support that my husband is in egypt since we will be leagally married they can quash my amount and order me a passport.... i have looked into all of it.. since he is not my husband legally i can not get a passport damn iowa laws suck.... i think its only iowa who does this im not sure...

and thanks every one so much for the good lucks.. i also wish all of u great luck .....we are women we will survive...

Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is nice to hear that he finally will visit you. How about if he asked for tourist visa? it does not need any invitation letter, he just need to verify his hotel in USA and bank account.

Good luck.

Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
mmmm good advice
but we discussed this before too.. in order for tourist visa they will ask where he will be going and what will he see?
hell there is nothin in marshalltown worth seeing.. so what will he say?
i think the visitor visa will work better cas my son has a job and etc.. and hes a male so maybe that would be the best way . thanks for letting me think of that option again too.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
god i feel sad and excited and sexuraly excited thinkin soon he could be with me.. but i dont wanna get my hopes too high cas of a mistake i could possibly make in 2 decisions....
he wants me to decide what to write and i was never good at it in school much less somethin like a legal paper that could change both our lives.....

--------------------

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
god i feel sad and excited and sexuraly excited thinkin soon he could be with me.. but i dont wanna get my hopes too high cas of a mistake i could possibly make in 2 decisions....
he wants me to decide what to write and i was never good at it in school much less somethin like a legal paper that could change both our lives.....

Tinaah,Tinahh......!!! [Wink]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
heheheheheheh good for you tina, i really want him to recive this invite.
You of all deserve to be with him.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
thanks yourkie
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just seen this post, its never been something i've had to deal with, but to have a relationship for 7 years and have never seen him, I really hope that he can get the visa to come and see you, or you go to him. It would be a crying shame if he doesn't.

Best of luck x

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have to be convinced he will come back so telling them you have a relationship is a big red flag as Ayisha said.

I do know someone who got a visa to go to the US, he is a member of the SCA, certainly not highly paid and he has no money in the bank because he has spent it on buying another house to rent to tourists. It is at the back of us and he is doing it up bit by bit. He was going to accompany a museum exhibition. So his invitation came from a museum in the US and was supported by his work, the SCA.

You see it is not about the money it is about them being convinced he will come back because he has a good life in Egypt and there is no reason for him to stay in the US.

So he has $3,000 in the bank, so what. Why would that make him come back as he take it with him. Showing regular payments into his account from his business would be better, showing his business was a really viable one and he was not an economic migrant.

The invitation would be much better coming from your son and along the lines Ayisha suggested. Maybe also a paragraph saying 'If you come on ...... that will give you a month as I know you have to be back in Egypt for your brothers wedding/important business meeting/other good reason on ........

BUT don't lie, ok don't necessarily reveal all the truth but don't lie.

Also read my post about getting a visitors visa for my husband for the UK http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001527

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just reread the thread and read that you have been turned down once. Sorry I missed that. I don't think you stand a chance. The records are highly detailed, so they already know he is a relationship with you.

In the UK embassy my husband was asked loads of questions about his previous application that was turned down.

So they know he has all the reasons in the world to stay in the US, you have to convince them he won't. You are going to have to think how on earth you will do that. What has he got in Egypt that would convince anyone he would never desert. Tough job

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
I just reread the thread and read that you have been turned down once. Sorry I missed that. I don't think you stand a chance. The records are highly detailed, so they already know he is a relationship with you.

In the UK embassy my husband was asked loads of questions about his previous application that was turned down.

So they know he has all the reasons in the world to stay in the US, you have to convince them he won't. You are going to have to think how on earth you will do that. What has he got in Egypt that would convince anyone he would never desert. Tough job

no they dont know anything about me and him...
and he has his home and business so he has a reason to return home.. they did not have a prob with that issue it was the money in the bank.. that was all.

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds rather silly, but after 7 years of online chatting, do you two have long term plans?
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
yes life long plans...

--------------------

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mind sharing what they are? It might help others to give you information best suited to your plan.

Do you plan on eventually coming here to Egypt to live, or vice versa?

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina,
I would definately have Walid apply but just don't get your hopes up too high in case he is denied. It is so hard for any middle eastern man to get a tourist visa here regardless of money in the bank. As everyone as said they want proof that he has every reason in the world to return back to Egypt and not stay in the US. I agree that Chris should be the one to invite him. Do you have someone that could help him with the letter?? Maybe even have an attorney help him write it?? A lot will stand on this letter!
I do hope he gets it-it is time you two meet in person. Seven years is a long, long time to have a relationship w/o ever having met face to face. Good luck!!

On a side note, can you not get a child support modification hearing to have the past due child support dropped? Aren't your children over 18 now? Or couldn't a lawyer perhaps help you with getting a passport? Just some things you may want to look into if for some reason Walid does get denied. Plus I think it's so important for you to go to Egypt and see Walid in his own surroundings. I think it would be great for you to travel abroad. You have never left the USA have you? Anyway, just some ideas but I do hope he gets his visa~

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Analyst
Member # 8679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Analyst         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
Mind sharing what they are? It might help others to give you information best suited to your plan.

Do you plan on eventually coming here to Egypt to live, or vice versa?

Watch out Tina, she's fishing for information.

quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
it's not a waste of time knowing who some of the Nutcases on this forum are. Many of you have befriended them, and end up getting hurt or worse.

You give out all your personal info, life history, and then are upset when it is used against you by these freaks.

Of course there are also those, that no matter how much they are warned will still refuse to believe the reality of who and what some of these
psycho's are doing.

Posts: 32 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by foreignluvr:
Tina,
I would definately have Walid apply but just don't get your hopes up too high in case he is denied. It is so hard for any middle eastern man to get a tourist visa here regardless of money in the bank. As everyone as said they want proof that he has every reason in the world to return back to Egypt and not stay in the US. I agree that Chris should be the one to invite him. Do you have someone that could help him with the letter?? Maybe even have an attorney help him write it?? A lot will stand on this letter!
I do hope he gets it-it is time you two meet in person. Seven years is a long, long time to have a relationship w/o ever having met face to face. Good luck!!

On a side note, can you not get a child support modification hearing to have the past due child support dropped? Aren't your children over 18 now? Or couldn't a lawyer perhaps help you with getting a passport? Just some things you may want to look into if for some reason Walid does get denied. Plus I think it's so important for you to go to Egypt and see Walid in his own surroundings. I think it would be great for you to travel abroad. You have never left the USA have you? Anyway, just some ideas but I do hope he gets his visa~

i tried getting to court to lower that child siupport or geting it quashed but they denied me... the department to child supprt or greedy they want it allll...
and laura we will live in egypt..

--------------------

elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here we go Tina. He will never receive a visitors visa period. And by some small slim chance he does, do you think you will actually see him??? LOL. Better pay up all the child support you own cause the next step is getting you over in egypt to marry for his green card.
My husband couldn't wait even small months to see me but this dude waits 5 years?? Yes he is so in love with you. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stefaniaprague
Member # 15397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stefaniaprague     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina what happened?? Did he apply for the visa?
Posts: 326 | From: Prague | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tina, whats walids last name?
caught a few fish on expats.com named walid.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com