EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » The Perfect Wife in Islam

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Perfect Wife in Islam
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strangeways.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women should be beneath men on four things (Ref: 7.Vol II p373)

And someone else remarked: “ A wife should be beneath her husband in four things or else she will despise him: age, height, wealth and lineage. She should be better than him in four others: beauty, manners, character and scrupulousness in matters of religion.”

The perfect wife in Islam:

She should be beautiful Ibid, p228)

She should be beautiful, this is also desirable as with it you will preserve your chastity. As for her nature, she should not be ugly, as much as she should be beautiful so her nature should be beautiful, as the two should go hand in hand.

The definition of the best woman: (Ibid, p228)

The prophet said, “The best of your women is the one who if her husband looks at her she pleases him, and if he orders her something she obeys, and if he is away she keeps him in herself and his wealth.”

She should be beautiful and cheap (Ibid, p228)

Her dowry should be reasonable. The Prophet said: “The best of the women are the beautiful in face and the least in dowry.”

She should be fertile (Ibid, p228)

She should be fertile, so if she was known to be barren, she should not be sought in marriage. The Prophet said: “Marry the fertile and amicable.” If she was not married and her condition was unknown, then watch her health and youth as if she is healthy and young and she will be fertile.

Sunaan Abu Dawud
Book 11, Number 2045:

Narrated Ma'qil ibn Yasar:

A man came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: I have found a woman of rank and beauty, but she does not give birth to children. Should I marry her? He said: No. He came again to him, but he prohibited him. He came to him third time, and he (the Prophet) said: Marry women who are loving and very prolific, for I shall outnumber the peoples by you.

She should be virgin if not previously married (Ibid, p229)

She should be virgin. The Prophet said to Gaber when he married a deflowered woman: “It would have been better if you had married a virgin you would have enjoyed each other better.”

Choose carefully for your sperm (Ibid, p229)

The prophet said: “Stay away from the flower which grows in the sewerage.” So they said: “ And what is the flower which grows in the sewerage?” he said: “She is the beautiful woman of bad origin.” He also said: “Choose carefully for your sperm, because bad traits are inherited.”

Asking men to look for beautiful women may be benign. How about ugly and unsightly men? While the beauty of a woman is a desirable feature for a Muslim man, if a woman marries an ugly man, then surprisingly the fault still lies with the woman and not with the ugly man [Roll Eyes]

As per Imam Ghazali, an ugly husband is a woman’s punishment.

An ugly husband is a punishment for a beautiful woman (Ibid, p235)

It was narrated that Al Asmo’ai said: “I entered a scrub land who had the ugliest face, so I asked her: “O you, how did you accept to marry some one like him?” she said: “Hold your tongue, you have uttered a wrong thing, he may be best in what is between himself and his creator, so He made me a reward for him, or it may be that I am the worst in what is between myself and my creator, so he made him my punishment.”

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'someone' also said, that if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.

And here is one from me - If you spend your days searching for negativity then the only person you fill with hate is youself.

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well according to this topic...I am up the creek without a paddle! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*hands advocate a paddle*

shouldnt this be in the religion thread?

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you pass the me the paddle when you've finished with it? [Big Grin] [Smile]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sinking fast, pass me a bucket! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry my bucket has a hole in it [Frown]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
There's a Hole in My Bucket - Harry Belafonte en Odetta

Liza: Henry! Fetch me some water!

Henry: There's a hole in my bucket dear Liza, dear Liza
There's a hole in my bucket dear Liza, a hole.

Liza: Well, fix it dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,
Well, fix it dear Henry, dear Henry, fix it.

Henry: With what shall I fix it ...
Liza: With a straw dear Henry ...
Henry: The straw is too long ...
Liza: Well, cut it dear Henry ...
Henry: With what shall I cut it ...
Liza: With an axe dear Henry ...
Henry: The axe is too dull dear Liza ...
Liza: Well, sharpen it dear Henry ...
Henry: With what shall I sharpen it ...
Liza: With a stone dear Henry ...
Henry: The stone is too dry dear Liza ...
Liza: Well, wet it dear Henry ...
Henry: With what shall I wet it ...
Liza: With water dear Henry ...
Henry: In what shall I fetch it ...
Liza: In a bucket dear Henry ...
Henry: There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza ...

Can you tell how busy I am again in the office today?! [Big Grin]

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Typical man always asking a woman how to do things, where things are etc. Why they were given eyes and a brain is beyond me, a waste of good body parts! [Razz]
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
I'd never guess!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
Well according to this topic...I am up the creek without a paddle! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] I am not even up the creek without a paddle I have sunk to the bottom [Big Grin]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is some funny stuff right here.

and i be damned if im gonna be beneath ANY man...hot or not.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im no good on top, legs too short I fall off [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Millas
Member # 15374

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Millas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woman in ISLAM;Two different faces of one truth,Two bodies,one soul..

Islam saved women who were exploited, enslaved, and regarded as second class in the darkness of the pre-Islamic Age of Ignorance from the position of a poor creature and elevated them to a new status as a blessed being. Islam freed women from being treated as a tool of pleasure and laid Paradise under their feet. If the essential sources of religion and the exemplary lives of the first two generations of Muslims who lived after God’s Messenger are carefully studied, it will be seen that Muslim women were absolutely not confined to their home and they were never oppressed. If those who come up with such claims are not prejudiced and are not making deliberate assertions, then these ideas stem from being ignorant of the essential principles the religion set on this matter and from attributing misconceptions and misapplications—which originate from interference of local customs—throughout history to Islam.

Islam is the only religion which has given women such extensive rights; when we look at the Qur’an, practices of the Prophet, and the history of Islam, except for some abuses caused by individuals’ mistakes, it will be seen that women gained the most exalted status in Muslim societies. Yes, women have a unique position in Islam, which can never be found in other systems. Even the societies considered as the most developed in our time are backward on this issue and they cannot be compared with Islam.

In these modern societies, even though women seem to have a certain freedom, it is rather a freedom to satisfy certain carnal desires, and such a freedom, whether for men or women, cannot be welcomed by primordial human nature and sound intellect; it cannot be acceptable in any divine religion. In recent centuries, the difficulties of making a living brought by bloody wars between states and the pressures of economic needs pushed women into the workforce and out of their homes. After this emergence, women started to earn their own livelihood and to some extent they gained economic freedom as individuals, but in many cases they were not saved from being exploited by capital holders, who wish to benefit particularly from their physical attractions. Unfortunately, especially in Western societies, women have found superficial and artificial love only at a particular moment of their lives in proportion to their contribution to the market, to material values, and to their serving men’s carnal desires. However, they have mostly lost the respect and love they previously experienced in social life as daughters, sisters, wives, mothers, and grandmothers, and this can never be replaced by anything else. In the long run, under the guise of freedom this time, they got to be exploited on and on with modern techniques (!), they were deprived of most inalienable rights, and become a victim of abuse equivalent of the dark ages.

As a reaction to all the injustice done to women (such as their lack of civil and property rights and the absence of justice toward women in family law) a movement to claim women’s rights emerged, particularly in the West. Even though this movement is considered an awakening of women, it occurred as a reaction and was doomed to imbalance like all other reactionary movements and ended up in extremism. Although the starting point was to defend women, in time it deviated from the original aim to the degree of being full of hatred towards men and to feeling a grudge against them.

God has created woman as a partner to man, not as anything else. In this respect, he cannot be without her and she cannot be without him. According to Muhammed Lutfi Effendi, the Sufi scholar and poet (d. 1956), even though Adam was in Paradise, he lived in sorrow during the time when he was without Eve. Had Eve been created first, then at that time she would have lived in sorrow without Adam, since they could not do without one another with respect to their creation. They were like two bodies and a single soul and represented the two different faces of one truth. God has created women and men in relation to each other as He created the electron in relation to the proton, the negative pole in relation to the positive one, the female seed in relation to the male one. As He composed a whole from these pairs, He willed woman and man to make couples. Yes, as the positive is joined to the negative, the electron is joined to the proton, night is joined to day, summer is joined to winter, and the earth depends on the sky, to the same extent woman and man are created dependent on one another. God’s Messenger expressed this truth as follows: “Surely, women are the other half of men.”
In this respect, women and men are equal halves in terms of their humanity, but neither of them is ever the same as the other. They hold certain differences in their primordial nature, physical potentials, spiritual worlds, and psychological structures; but men are not a biologically mature form of women, nor are women a less or more developed form of man. Both are individual human creatures and they are in essential need of one another. In accordance with this balanced understanding, women were granted the lofty status they deserve at the time of the Prophet; they undertook responsibilities to suit their nature, and the vital position of women in society was reestablished. This great revolution took place at a dark period when the world was immersed in savagery and when it was being discussed whether women had a soul or not.

Posts: 186 | From: Eurasia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
im no good on top, legs too short I fall off [Big Grin]

wiping coffee off my screen ! thanks Ayisha [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
crap my canoe has a hole in it no need for a paddle and i forgot my damn life vest.....

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lynn
Member # 887

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on top....... until my canoe flipped, my paddle floated downstream, and I realized I had forgot to put my life vest on!
Posts: 143 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snow white     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had a paddle in my hand I certainly wouldn't be rowing with it,I'd be causing greivous bodily harm and then disposing of his body parts via the bucket, to the bottom of the river!!!!! Am I bitter...NO...Do I hold grudges....certainly not!
Posts: 264 | From: wales | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lynn:
I was on top....... until my canoe flipped, my paddle floated downstream, and I realized I had forgot to put my life vest on!

did u punch a hole in mine??
cas i forgot my life vest too..
hahahahaha the perfect wife they dont exist like the perfect husband doesnt exist....

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my pharaoh says i am the perfect wife , but this thread proves him wrong [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interesting sw thanks!
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snow white     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry folks I forgot to comment on "SURELY WOMEN ARE THE OTHER HALF OF MEN"......In my case summer wasn't joined to winter, and night wasn't joined to day.................but he was certainly joined to my purse strings. And yes I accept there are good and bad everywhere!
Posts: 264 | From: wales | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes like a middle eastern man once told me about egyptian men. You will never be a perfect wife in their eyes. Even if you wipe their asses which I have no intenion of doing. [Wink]
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

ohh and by the way ask me if I really give a rat's ass!
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
my pharaoh says i am the perfect wife , but this thread proves him wrong [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I think it's you who proves this thread wrong. [Wink]
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Mickey mine says the same. (When he is not mad about something). I go from best wife to worst wife depending on his mood. I joke with him and say is this a perfect wife day??? [Smile]
snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
I just think that they are all manic depressives!Depends on which way the wind is blowing if I'm in the good books or not.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com