EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » adoption in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: adoption in Egypt
Isis84
Member # 14716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a long time away from ES dealing with many things that kept me busy, including the news that we will not be having our own children (after all the checks it turned out that my husband is infertile).

As it is, I would like to know any of your opinions/information about adopting a child in Egypt - not how to do it, at this time just how it is accepted in Egypt ...

Posts: 119 | From: here and there | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to hear you both cant have your own naturally, but im sure the happiness you will bring to some unfortuate child will reap so much love and great happiness

bless you both,

i would love to hear also how egyptians look upon this subject
[Smile]

Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
walid says adoption is not looked upon to well cas that child will not be their blood...he says hardly noone does it..
i also told him fook that if we cant have kids we will take a child noone wants and love him or her as if she was ours.. and if not i will take the child and leave...
he replied ok np as long as ur with me duh.....
he was mainly talking about 2 egyptians adopting.. i guess we outsiders have bigger hearts...god i cant handle seeing a child liveing alone on the streets not wanted it breaks my heart that some woman could throw their kids away like trash.....

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i was told the same tina, sad fact , it broke my heart walking around at night seeing the kids sleeping on the streets with only there clothes to keep them warm, really scarey and upseting to know how there lives will be, made me realise england isnt such a bad place after all, at least we try to protect the kids, give them a home and a life, but specailly love
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a cultural difference, and most important to you as a western woman, is to know the opinion from your Egyptian husband! You are married to him, not to the Egyptian society...
If his opinion is different as the common opinion you could try to get information about what's possible, what's legal, etc.
Taking care of somebody elses child does happen, and it considered as a good deed, but as far as I know, it is never possible to give the child your familyname. (And you can ask yourself how important this fact would be for the two of you. You're still helping a child, and does a child need to have your name to give it love, affection and a childhood?)

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kids on the street??
i have never in my life seen that
nor do i want to...
if i see a child on the street i will wanna bring him or her home and nuture them
all of them
if there are kids on the street there... maybe we should open somekinda houseing for the kids of the street.
and where are their parents??..

sleep on street no school oh god no never here where i live

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there are too many street kids here, its very hard to see them.
They definatly should do adoption here.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, those poor children. Alot of times they do actually have homes but their parents have sent them out to sell things and told them not to come home until they sell a certain amount. There have been several articles written about egypts street children.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, is your husband pro adoption? That's one of the major things; you both have to aim for the same goal. Do not care what the Egyptian society thinks about adoption - you both need to feel it's the right thing for you to do.

Are you gonna remain in Egypt? Are you both Muslims or Copts??

I think by start doing voluntary work at a local orphanage you would get a good idea if this is what you want and it would also put you in contact with the right people. You could also make an appointment with an adoption lawyer and find out more info what kind of possibilities are out there for you and your husband in regards to have a family.

http://www.helplinelaw.com/lawyers/egypt/cairo

I do believe if you wanna adopt you should do so in your homecountry. Really it's possible to adopt nationally and/or internationally.

Good luck!! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strangeways.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
walid says adoption is not looked upon to well cas that child will not be their blood...he says hardly noone does it..

Islam prohibits adopting children. Adoption in the technical sense is not allowed in Muslim Shariah law.

Adoption of orphan/helpless child was a very popular and moral practice amongst pre-Islamic Arabs. By adopting orphan/helpless child, they used to consider adopted child as their own. And they used to pass onto them the adopter's genealogy and name, his investment of them with all the rights of the legitimate son including that of inheritance and the prohibition of marriage on grounds of consanguinity.

But, the all-wise legislator of Islam willed to undo the above Arab 'pagan' practice of adopting children. The divine legislator willed to give the adopted son only the right of a client and co-religionist. For that reason a verse was revealed: "God did not make your adopted son as your own sons. To declare them so is your empty claim. God's word is righteous and constitutes true guidance. (Q.33: 4)." It follows from this revelation that the adopter may marry the ex-wife of his adopted son and vice-versa. Thus Muhammad married Zainab in order to provide a good example of what the All-wise legislator was seeking to establish by way of rights and privileges for adoption. In this regard God further said: "After a term of married life with her husband, We permitted you to marry her so that it may hence be legitimate and morally blameless for a believer to marry the wife of his adopted son provided that wife has already been divorced. That is God's commandment which must be fulfilled (Q.33: 37)." Who, among the Arabs, could implement this noble legislation and thereby openly repudiate the ancient traditions? The truth is, however, that Muhammad was the exemplar of obedience to God; his life was the implementation of that which he was entrusted to convey to mankind. His life constitutes the highest ideal, the perfect example, and the concrete instance of his Lord's command (M.H. Haykal, page-296-297).

Muhammad Rushed Ridha states, "Allah prohibited adoption in Islam and annulled all the judgements pertaining to adoption. The most important one of which was the prohibition of the wife of the adopted son to the fostering father as though he is the natural father. So Allah commanded his prophet to marry Zainab Bint Jahsh in order to abolish pagan custom (Fatawa al-Imam)." Al-sabuni states, "As to Zainab Bint Jahsh, the Messenger of Allah married for no higher wisdom than to abolish the heresy of adoption (A-sabuni)."

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beachstrife
Member # 15606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachstrife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The prophet himself was an adopted orphan...what is not allowed in Islam is actually just giving the adopted child the name of someone who is not hus father in order to maintain the correct geaneology. Far as I know anyways!
Posts: 33 | From: Halifax, NS, Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Strangeways.:
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:

Islam prohibits adopting children. Adoption in the technical sense is not allowed in Muslim Shariah law.

Adoption of orphan/helpless child was a very popular and moral practice amongst pre-Islamic Arabs. By adopting orphan/helpless child, they used to consider adopted child as their own. And they used to pass onto them the adopter's genealogy and name, his investment of them with all the rights of the legitimate son including that of inheritance and the prohibition of marriage on grounds of consanguinity.

But, the all-wise legislator of Islam willed to undo the above Arab 'pagan' practice of adopting children. The divine legislator willed to give the adopted son only the right of a client and co-religionist. For that reason a verse was revealed: "God did not make your adopted son as your own sons. To declare them so is your empty claim. God's word is righteous and constitutes true guidance. (Q.33: 4)." It follows from this revelation that the adopter may marry the ex-wife of his adopted son and vice-versa. Thus Muhammad married Zainab in order to provide a good example of what the All-wise legislator was seeking to establish by way of rights and privileges for adoption. In this regard God further said: "After a term of married life with her husband, We permitted you to marry her so that it may hence be legitimate and morally blameless for a believer to marry the wife of his adopted son provided that wife has already been divorced. That is God's commandment which must be fulfilled (Q.33: 37)." Who, among the Arabs, could implement this noble legislation and thereby openly repudiate the ancient traditions? The truth is, however, that Muhammad was the exemplar of obedience to God; his life was the implementation of that which he was entrusted to convey to mankind. His life constitutes the highest ideal, the perfect example, and the concrete instance of his Lord's command (M.H. Haykal, page-296-297).

Muhammad Rushed Ridha states, "Allah prohibited adoption in Islam and annulled all the judgements pertaining to adoption. The most important one of which was the prohibition of the wife of the adopted son to the fostering father as though he is the natural father. So Allah commanded his prophet to marry Zainab Bint Jahsh in order to abolish pagan custom (Fatawa al-Imam)." Al-sabuni states, "As to Zainab Bint Jahsh, the Messenger of Allah married for no higher wisdom than to abolish the heresy of adoption (A-sabuni)."

can u put that in lamens terms for dummies....
Isis84
Member # 14716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the info, at this time I am just trying to get as much info as possible ...

Of course, my husband and me are the most important ones in this and for sure we will have to make the final decision and live with it ...

Posts: 119 | From: here and there | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the issue is not whether it is a problem for the adoptive parents whether the child has their family name but is it a problem for the child that he does not have the family name?... The importan thing should be the child and his/her sense of identity and belonging... If you are capable of loving an orphan as your own child the name is irrelevant to you, but is it irrelevant to him/her???????? Why does everything in Egypt come down to money and protecting it? Oh we must keep the money/assets in the family... Oh we must keep the money/assets within the muslim religion [Roll Eyes] We can't have any of those Christians inheriting anything from a Mulsim now can we [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com