EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Petition approved!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Petition approved!
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received an email from the California USCIS that my petition for wife's visa has been approved. woohoo!

Hopefully things will go much faster at the NVC and in Cairo once it arrives.

The email came at exactly the same time the drummer guy was walking by waking everyone for Ramadan predawn snack. Good sign I think [Smile]

I should find myself a drum and join him tomorrow [Big Grin]

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully it goes quickly for you, i know for ours, it took only 2 days after the petition approval for it to reach nvc and only another 2 days after that he had his packet in his hands, the interview was less than a month after he returned his packet.

Good luck and Congrats.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
Hopefully it goes quickly for you, i know for ours, it took only 2 days after the petition approval for it to reach nvc and only another 2 days after that he had his packet in his hands, the interview was less than a month after he returned his packet.

Good luck and Congrats.

Wow that is very fast. Thanks much for the extra hope [Big Grin]
Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations and good luck!

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ma 'amaltuhoosh
Member # 15639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma 'amaltuhoosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good going Ford Prefect (not perfect), it takes alot of patience to get that far.

Just wait till she turns your home upside down and permenantly evicts you from the kitchen!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 313 | From: Between yuppies and chronics | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats great news, Ford!!! I went through the USCIS immigration process recently, so I know how stressful it can be!!!
I hope it all goes quickly and successfully for you!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck and well done , great news to wake up to.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, congrats, Ford! Hopefully it will not take anymore so long now to bring your wife to her new home. I do believe they take it easier with foreign brides - I must know!! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats and Good Luck FP !! [Smile]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabrouk FP very well done [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news. I'm very happy for you. All the best. [Smile]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabrook FP [Cool]
Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of congrats for you and your wife,Ford!!!!!
[Smile]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FP, I am not sure if you are going for the K-3 or the CR1 but either way it will get thru NVC very quickly. If it is the CR1 it use to take approx. 3-4 months to get thru NVC but with the new system where you can pay online it is so much faster. If it is the K-3 of course it will just pass right thru to the embassey.

I am happy for you guys, you're almost homefree now...

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Thanks everyone! foreignluvr, it is a CR1 so may take a little longer.

I was planning to go back to Kansas on the 12th of this month to take care of stuff piling up there. But I'm now hesitant as it would be great for both of us to go together should this get through the NVC quickly.

elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congradulations and wishing you a wonderful life together.
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it when people are happy [Smile] congrats.

--------------------
"Most men are accredited fools shortly after they leave the womb.”

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ford Prefect (not perfect):
Thanks everyone! foreignluvr, it is a CR1 so may take a little longer.

I was planning to go back to Kansas on the 12th of this month to take care of stuff piling up there. But I'm now hesitant as it would be great for both of us to go together should this get through the NVC quickly.

jer, it took sabri's case like exactly 2 months to process . they will send you like 4 packets or 5 don't remember now, but i am so happy for ya, call us when you guys get to NY and we will finely have our coffee date [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yo micky how you doin girl? glad to see you posting again hon [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats Ford & Mrs Ford
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com