EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Sarcasm and jokes about situational events thread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sarcasm and jokes about situational events thread
Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, So here we have a thread dedicated to sarcasm, post all your sarcastic quips here, you might want to link them to other threads, that way, we can still have sarcasm and jokes about situations without them being deleted or told they are not on topic [Smile]

Problem solved...

My only request is, please do not insult anyone, a joke is a lighthearted look at a situation and is playful, not insulting. Insults will probably be removed, quite rightly.

But just so this also fits with Experiences/love and marriage chat, so it doesnt get deleted for that reason.

Do you have sarcasm in your relationship? Do you like it? Does your partner understand it?

Do Egyptians understand sarcasm, or do they think its offensive? The egyptians i have met have all had a sense of humour very similar to the British sense of humor which involved jokes about situations and people in a lightheardted way, and also sarcasm.

What are your experiences?

Posts: 552 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarcasm, cynism, sneering,toxic remarks, we have them all. I like it, and my partner also does.
Not all people like it, depends on how well they know me.
Egyptians; some like it, some are shocked. Think it also depends on how well they know me.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm an extremely sarcastic person (typical English). Sam seems to understand it, although he sometimes thinks my sarcasm is "mocking him", lol, so I have to explain it's just British humour.
Sam can also be quite sarcastic, however sometimes he doesn't realise when to stop. A sarcastic comment should be a one liner, but he'll go on and on and on. Bless his cottons, I'll teach him one day [Big Grin]

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwwwww...Caterpillar.Always knew you liked me,but you have made me soo happy with this thread that already got tears to my eyes.
(((HUGS CAT)))
By the way,Sarcasm is my second name.All my friends know very well my sense of humour and love me for it.I could laugh at my own shadow,and even in my lowest,depressive moments i'm able to have a huge,hearty laugh. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I sarcastic Sash? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat':
Am I sarcastic Sash? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

You're almost getting there. I've noticed you could have a bright future at it.
Keep practicing! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sarcastic at ALL!

I never use sarcasm because its the lowest for of wit!

AND whats more, jokes about people are just not funny..........isn't that right all you non sarcastic people out there.

Sashyra, i didnt mean to make you cry, as long as they are happy tears then its okily dokily.

Yes, i'm like you Sash, i always use humour to get me out of feeling in a bad mood, i HATE being in a bad mood, and i hate it when people wont let me make funny sarcastic quips (not that I do of course), but if i WERE to do it, it wouldn't involve people, just fluffy bunnies and cutlery, isnt that right YAH? (by the way keep the knives away from her, she's scottish) [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 552 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
And the best of it,Cat,is that we are able to laugh at ourselves,as i said,even at my own shadow.If it was'nt for those good,lighthearted jokes about us and all included,live and online,many would not be even willing to continue their day to day hard lives.
Working in a hospital myself,i've seen how terminally ill patients faces lighten up when any of us health providers visit them in their beds and pull light,airy jokes about anything,even about their casts full of friends autographs.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's persecution cat. You haven't heard the end of this [Wink]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was always taught by my elders that although saracsm may be lowest form of wit but it is actually the highest form of intelligence [Big Grin]

The best thing about sarcasm is the comedy timing... I love it when somebody gets me and I least expect it [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:
I was always taught by my elders that although saracsm may be lowest form of wit but it is actually the highest form of intelligence [Big Grin]

The best thing about sarcasm is the comedy timing... I love it when somebody gets me and I least expect it [Big Grin]

It's actually a witty mind game. [Smile]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like wit, I like intelligence and I like sarcasm... I love to be around very quick witted people...

Always look on the bright side of life.. that's what i say [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheeky that is very Monty Python of you, but shouldn't you be singing that last bit?
Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Do Egyptians understand sarcasm, or do they think its offensive? The egyptians i have met have all had a sense of humour very similar to the British sense of humor which involved jokes about situations and people in a lightheardted way, and also sarcasm"

I love the Egyptian sense of humour and the way they work sarcasm in the language. There are a few on this forum completely lacking in the humour department, but most Egyptians love to laugh. I agree with you Cat, regarding similarities in humour.

Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Ah yes, I do love that song. I am now singng and whistling and smiling.
ES Stinks
Member # 12617

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ES Stinks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband is very sarcastic and funny. I call him a smart ass all the time. He loves it. He brings out the best in when I can't be with anyone else I know. We have a great time together sometimes. This was one of the big attraction factors between us. I was never able to enjoy this kind of give and take of wit with anyone else.
Posts: 256 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ES Stinks
Member # 12617

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ES Stinks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I meant to say: He brings out the best in me. And I can't act like this with anyone else I know.
Posts: 256 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
LLR... it is great when someone brings the best of you out [Big Grin]

If I ever decide I want a new man I will definately look for a guy who is a smart ass and who is sarcastic and funny... the days are way too long to be surrounded by miserable people who moan about such infinitesimal issues [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com