EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » yet another visa question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: yet another visa question
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it possible for a egyptian man married to a english women to get a tourist visa? if his id doesnt state he is married because its not updated, or will they no for definate that he is married? i know they had all the papers once the marrage was documented, but is it possible he could get here with tourist one? if he cant obtain the spousal one?
and/or will they still require to contact the wife?

Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not sure about england bluesky but from what i understand with most countries, if one is married to a resident of that country, they usually will not grant a tourist visa because they think they will not return to their home country. Having a spouse in the country gives them reason not to leave.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so they will check to see if he is married then...another thing i wondered is what if he applied for another country as tourist? do all counties share the information regarding egyptians and if they are married to foreigners? eg a egyyptian married to a french women, if he applied for visa to uk, will they know he is married to french women? and if he got granted tourist visa to uk could he then travel to uk from france? or is a visa for one country only allowed for tht country?
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nasrcity
Member # 15037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasrcity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my husband got a months tourist visa 4 years ago but dont know if they allow it now. and he was refused on the first time.
Posts: 154 | From: somewhere in the uk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is more related to the country they are visiting. If he will visit the country his wife is living in then he is more likely to be denied because they will think he will not leave.
If he is visiting a country that she doesnt live in there should be no problem.
They will run a full security check on him and if he doesnt put that he is married and they find it, its automatic denial

--------------------

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by nasrcity:
my husband got a months tourist visa 4 years ago but dont know if they allow it now. and he was refused on the first time.

he came here last year on tourist one for 6 months,but didnt mention me at the time, once he arrived at heathrow they asked him many questions and he just said he didnt no where he is stopping yet and that he was here for 2 weeks as tourist, he produced his return ticket and they accepted that, he actually returned 6 months later just before the visa ended, no questions asked, but wasnt sure if he could do the same again ,without mentioning me and our being married as his id does not say hes married still and his passport also says single, so wasnt sure if he applied they will check him out and see he is actually married?
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
well if he managed before and you were married then, then he shouldnt have a problem this time. Not sure if you werent married at the last time he came, because i am not sure if they would have it registered in england or not.

--------------------

xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
no we were not married then, we only married in embassy n all that last month, i left before papers were registered but he has since registered them at the british embassy, does that make any diffrence? oh so will they no at the airport here about him? or does that typ of info not come through here, as from what i have read nothing is on computer in egypt about them regarding married, travel, etc etc but im not 100% on this info, as i said it from what i can make out from what i have read
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If his passport shows that when he did come and he had a return ticket for the 2weeks and did not return for 6mnths they will ask questions and every thing has changed its not cut and dry as it use to be even on tourists visas and now if i am correct you have to show a good amount in your bank account .But this is not really the place to ask every one will have a different answer to what there application was if you need the answers email the embassy they do get back to and they are prompt well i have never had a problem ,
Anyway ask them as i say every one here has different outcomes not one application goes the same as another .
Good luck

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
no his passport didn state 2 weeks to return, they asked him , and asked to see his return ticket, he went back to egypt no problem, and has a return ticket as he booked it from here.
nasrcity
Member # 15037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasrcity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know when my husband had his tourist visa . and came back to egypt he tryed to apply for another tourist visa they told him he had to apply for a settlement visa but they did know we was married
Posts: 154 | From: somewhere in the uk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
was this in the uk nasrcity?
nasrcity
Member # 15037

i have replied to ur private message
nasrcity
Member # 15037

we had to apply for the settlement visa in egypt
adham_eg
Member # 15877

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adham_eg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all I would to know what I need to have as papers or whatever I need for my case
I have been with my wife for over 2 years now . we meet in cairo and we got orfi marriage from a years a half now and she was been living with me for the last 1 year in Egypt , and I have been to the UK for 2 times on a biz visa thou my company on the last 6 month for like 4 month , like 2 month each time and now I am back and we would like to get married on Egypt as I get to know it's easier and u can't change ur visa while ur in the UK.
She was divorced before l she have her Islamic divorce like 4 yrs ago and her civil divorce like almost 3 month ago , and she works in the UK now for the last 3 month with bank slips and money in the bank and we will stay in her dad's house. We get someone from the council office to inspect the house for me to stay and he gives us a letter for this as they only have her dad and mum and her.
Now she will come back in a week and I would like to know what paper we need and here is the paper we have already do I need to translate anything to English from my side paper or her side to Arabic

What is the best way to get married in Egypt is it thru the justice court in Cairo and what I need after that . do I need to apply for the case first or register the marriage first in the UK

I have my crime records from the Egyptian authority and paper that says I am still single and my ID and passport , I just don’t wanna west tie and money incase they say something is missing

thank you all

Posts: 6 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com