EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Keeping him happy after iftar

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keeping him happy after iftar
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Amina Abdul Salam

"My husband and I clash every day about food, especially during the holy fasting month of Ramadan, so I spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing iftar (the fast-breaking meal)," says Mahitab Mahmoud, agovernmental employee.

I don't know why he gets so angry before iftar". The alternative is to order in food for iftar from a restaurant. Even if a woman cooks her spouse a wonderful fast-breaking meal, he often complains that it's not like the food at his friend or relative's house or the dishes mama used to cook him when he was a boy. [Eek!] In fact, many Egyptian women have full-time jobs. So they have to order in iftar for their families, as they don't have time to cook. But of course many families cannot afford this luxury.

Muslims break their fast at sunset in the holy month of Ramadan after abstaining from eating and drinking at dawn.Some housewives buy in food from other women who prepare it to order in their own homes. This is a good little cottage industry. "I come home from work at 3pm every day and there's not enough time before iftar to get everything ready for my husband and children, so a friend suggested I buy food prepared by a woman in her home," says Fadia Abbas another governmental employee.

She adds that this makes her husband happy, especially during Ramadan, while the cost is reasonable - certainly far cheaper than takeaway food from a restaurant. In fact, she lets her husband think that she's prepared all that tasty food herself. Reham Abdel Hamid, who works in the media, buys fresh vegetables that have already been prepared by other women; all she has to do is cook them. This saves her a lot of time.

Another working woman called Hend Ahmed often resorts to home deliveries because her husband invites his relatives and friends round for iftar. Cooking for all those people herself would mean her having to take the whole of the month of Ramadan off work as her annual holiday.

Khaled Amin, a restaurant owner, says that there is a lot of competition between different restaurants in his area. To gain an edge on his rivals, he gives away free appetisers with home deliveries. Mazen Moustafa, who owns a restaurant in the fashionable quarter of Doqqi, Giza, believes that nearly all restaurants offer Egyptian food, so he does Lebanese and Syrian dishes which people love.

Some husbands aren't fussy about their food or where it comes from, just so long as they've got plenty to eat at iftar!

The Egyptian Gazette
Today

http://www.egyptiangazette.net.eg/gazette/home/detail_2_24.shtml

Written by an Egyptian woman!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Men!!!!

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do men have to be the ones ...'kept happy'....come on women stand up for yourselves..... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heehee, girls, I just realized the topic should have been correctly called "Keeping him happy AT iftar"!! Dunno what you are doing with him after that!! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha!!! Yes TL, I was getting ready for writing that I cook different types of cake for eating with tea [Big Grin]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat':
Haha!!! Yes TL, I was getting ready for writing that I cook different types of cake for eating with tea [Big Grin]

I like those you posted with the pomegranate red pearls on it...yummmy! [Smile]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat':

I like those you posted with the pomegranate red pearls on it...yummmy! [Smile]
Ahh!! you mean Ashura [Smile] It is more delicious than it looks [Smile]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stupid man. its such a joke. why do ramadan and honor those who have nothing if u are only gonna be a greedy pig after the sun goes down.

there are some people out there that fast all day and STILL have nothing to eat after.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rashaaa
Member # 15206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rashaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Momma Dukes:
stupid man. its such a joke. why do ramadan and honor those who have nothing if u are only gonna be a greedy pig after the sun goes down.

there are some people out there that fast all day and STILL have nothing to eat after.

MD, I was just thinking the very same thing myself..what about those who have NOTHING at any time....
Posts: 385 | From: In my hayati's heart and thoughts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
after ramadan walid's mom buys alot of meat and cooks for alot of poor kids.. like a feast she is so sweet thinkin of others..

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiye
Member # 14655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats real sweet Tina. But that article is so sexiest. What about the woman who will look after her?
Posts: 159 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com