EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » things to do whilst lay on your back? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: things to do whilst lay on your back?
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any suggestions? [Smile]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont understand your question clearly......hope not what i am thinking about though.

--------------------

Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
read a book ?
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no its certainly not what your thinking i'm laid up and want ideas to entertain myself without having to get out of bed. lord i cant keep up with these name changes
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why are you laid up?
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can think of something.

[Cool]

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
had a fall hurt my spine wat your thinking MD is out of the question [Wink]
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no !!!! Hope you are ok!

--------------------
Often Times the Greatest statements are made in silence...listen with your Heart.

Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
popped a disc fekin agony
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
ohhh poor you [Frown] well you could call dial a maid and get some nice hunk, to come and wait on you hand and foot, but can you reach the telephone?
Member # 14517

Rate Member
yup its glued to my ass my girl calls me every half hour shes drivin me mad and i have a really cute nurse [Wink] lives right next door lol but i'm sooo bored
[Frown] [Frown]

ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I feel so bad for you ....Hope you are better real soon.

--------------------
Often Times the Greatest statements are made in silence...listen with your Heart.

Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kalila you have my sympathy! The worse thing you can do is stay on your back, you will seize up, you need to try to move as best you can, rest by all means but dont stop altogether.

Dont put heat on your back, ice is better to help reduce the inflamation.

Dont be laying on a soft bed, sleep on the floor for the next week it will do you more good.

while laying on your back try to pull your knees up to your chest to try and stretch your back out. Another good exercise is on hands and knees sit back on your feet, like a cat stretching if you get me, I think its called something to do with a cat in yoga. Another is stand approx 2 feet from your sink or worktop of that height, hold the worktop and keep your feet where they are lean in to the worktop, so you bend your back backwards. Only do any of these until its uncomfortable, these are good back exercises anyway.

get some sort of anti inflamatory muscle relaxant before you sleep and if you can see a chiropractor, not one that does the gentle massage stuff but one that does the rip your head off crunch stuff, you will feel much better in no time.

Hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rashaaa
Member # 15206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rashaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha, we should give you an honarary degree in meds...as what u are saying is all correct [Wink]

once you are mobile Kalila, you might consider some water fitness [walking etc.. low, low impact aerobics in the pool] it is less stressful for your back, and can help to strengthen your back muscles.

Best of luck in your healing...hope it passes for you quickly.

--------------------
رِحْلِة الأَلْف مِيل تَبْدَأ بِخَطْوَة

Posts: 385 | From: In my hayati's heart and thoughts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
well i have trapped a nerve as well so havin probs gettin up
however my tens machine is waiting so will be up and about soon as it kicks in
already do water fitness hon but have been told no gym for 6 months i'm gutted [Frown]

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
multi task and mentally make a shopping list...it works for me [Big Grin]

....oops sorry I took the heading to be about something else not illness [Wink]

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila:

i'd kill myself. loooool [Big Grin]
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Momma Dukes:
quote:

i'd kill myself. loooool [Big Grin]
Hon thats the difference between you and i [Wink]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
count the ceiling tiles/// or in yr head count the number of possible sexural partners u could provide services for... once u see its all good yr back may feel better from all that strenous thinkin.....

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you're better soon, there's nothing worse than back pain, It's really excrutiating.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
count the ceiling tiles

That's what I used to do at college...

Not the most fun hobby ever. [Big Grin] We had lots of tiles.

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
quote:
count the ceiling tiles

do i even wanna know Vader??

yes sorry i should have said hope u get well soon before i broke out the jokes....

get well soon.. and i do know how yr back feels i been there and done that,,,,,

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
i would end up just keeping myself stoned the whole time. hell there aint nothing left to do but trip!

go order urself some kick ass peyote and see colors u've never seen b4:) (yes its legal too...its a cactus that us indian people like to play with for inner enlightenment...although the last time i used it i saw an alien with snakes comin out his eyes lol)

tina u would probably know this...they use this cactus to make that popular mexican booze, 'mescal'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyote

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
i would end up just keeping myself stoned the whole time. hell there aint nothing left to do but trip!

go order urself some kick ass peyote and see colors u've never seen b4:) (yes its legal too...its a cactus that us indian people like to play with for inner enlightenment...although the last time i used it i saw an alien with snakes comin out his eyes lol)

tina u would probably know this...they use this cactus to make that popular mexican booze, 'mescal'.

no they use the cactus for tequila....

and didnt u say u was egyptian now indian... are u the same person or is someone using yr id tami?

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
count the ceiling tiles

I wasn't really talking to you so it doesn't really matter if you really want to know or you really don't. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
count the ceiling tiles

I wasn't really talking to you so it doesn't really matter if you really want to know or you really don't. [Big Grin]
eww attitude yr a little cocky today huh...
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Dont piss on my chips pls guys lets keep it civil
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look at the moon

--------------------
"Most men are accredited fools shortly after they leave the womb.”

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
well i have trapped a nerve as well so havin probs gettin up
however my tens machine is waiting so will be up and about soon as it kicks in
already do water fitness hon but have been told no gym for 6 months i'm gutted [Frown]

Sorry to hear that. I've been actually wondering how/where you are... I know that wishing you to have a nice rest would be slightly out of place since you've probably been fed up with it by now [Wink] . But I do wish you a speedy recovery knowing you are planning a trip to Egypt next month. You'll be fine by then.

Can't you just watch TV or something? Sure you can. [Wink] Or stay tuned to ES...

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
any suggestions? [Smile]

Gaze to the stars,,And If its not possible from where you are,,Gaze to imaginary ones and flow with the romantic thoughts [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Dont piss on my chips pls guys lets keep it civil

i am so sorry i was just jokin... tryin to make u laugh to kill the pain....
ES Stinks
Member # 12617

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ES Stinks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*watch tv,
*read,
*surf the net,
*do art/drawing painting, etc. doesnt matter if you think your good or not, it could be fun.
*crafts/sewing, beading, etc.
*write out letters, recipes, memoirs
*call old friends and family you haven't talked to in ages and catch up.
*catch up on organizing scrapbooks, photos, cd's, dvd's, etc.

Posts: 256 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pick the fluff out of your bellybutton?? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-sleep??
-listen to your favourite CD's when you are awake.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from me too. [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
a great time to make all yr phone calls and talk with yr friends that u forget to spend time with....... they can help u pass the time///

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Member # 14517

Rate Member
Thanks everyone for your suggestions mamasue?
belly button fluff? ewwww gawd help me LLR
comprehensive list!! most i a can do thanks ! ((hugs)) to all [Big Grin]

Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

and didnt u say u was egyptian now indian... are u the same person or is someone using yr id tami?

whaaaat?! i never said i was egyptian! where did THAT come from? loooooool

my mother is indian...her grandparents were taken when they were kids living in oregon with the peigan people and forced into christian schools and were given british names (bailey).

her mother who is 100% indian married an irish man and my father is from hamburg germany...well, his grandparents are at least...

but i was raised by a polish man until i was the age of 11-12 and put into a foster home where the parents were egyptian. medhat and sara and their 2 kids tarek and amara ( i think that was her name, i forget lol). they left that and became the group home parents in a boys home called anchor house and then i put into the girls home called harbor house when i was 17 and thats when they met me to my egyptian ex husband and i married him when i was 1 week into my 18th birthday.
they live in dubai now and i havent seen them since i got married.
maybe this is what you are thinking of.

tina, tina, tina...
[Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could watch Jeremy Kyle all day and lower your IQ [Big Grin]

Please don't put ice on your back, sorry Ayisha I have to disagree as I was advised to never ever allow my spine to get cold as it magnifies the issue. My surgeon here said 'the cold is not your friend'

Heat therapy application can help provide lower back pain relief through several mechanisms:

Heat therapy dilates the blood vessels of the muscles surrounding the lumbar spine. This process increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles, helping to heal the damaged tissue.

Heat stimulates the sensory receptors in the skin, which means that applying heat to the lower back will decrease transmissions of pain signals to the brain and partially relieve the discomfort.

Heat application facilitates stretching the soft tissues around the spine, including muscles, connective tissue, and adhesions. Consequently, with heat therapy, there will be a decrease in stiffness as well as injury, with an increase in flexibility and overall feeling of comfort. Flexibility is very important for a healthy back.

I have posted this before but yonks ago, I have a bad spine and have FB injections and I am currently awaiting a disc replacement op and as my vertebra are also slipping and now touching I have to have my back screwed back up (I am too young for fusion). I have suffered for 10 yars but it has diminished too much now to cope with.

I empathise and sympathise with you Kalila and I hope you get well soon as I for one know all the meds in the world don't help [Frown] I have a great cocktail of meds and all they do is help me sleep better.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
yup i agree lady ( you know i dont like calling you lady its not right! your cheeky and always will be) cold is not my friend i buy the heat packs an stick em on every morning thay are gooood !! think my physio has crescent marks in his arms poor sod i've marked him for life lol
the drugs dont work they just make things worse see i can sing too lol
to top it off i've put on weight i am not happy with that !!
onwards and upwards hey ho

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to depress you further but when I stopped smoking I gained weight which accelerated the disease as my spine struggled to carry the extra weight.

The drugs don't work they just make you burp... but I know i'll see your face again [Wink]

The climate here is so much better for me, I haven't been laid up yet *touch wood* and I have been here 2 months. I was having at least 1 bed ridden day a week in the UK.

I will always be cheeky but I demand some kind of respect from you people.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
ok ok ok cheeky lady it is ! so what do you suggest i take up puff again? lol
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
NOOOOOOOOo smoking is nasty.
Member # 14517

Rate Member
RIMBLMAO I AM TEMPTED TO THO [Wink] but i won't!! i won't !!!
i'm gonna have a ferret nap now c ya lata ?

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am off for a power nap as well... C U L8R [Wink]
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
i have a toofake.

[Frown]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

whaaaat?! i never said i was egyptian! where did THAT come from? loooooool

my mother is indian...her grandparents were taken when they were kids living in oregon with the peigan people and forced into christian schools and were given british names (bailey).

her mother who is 100% indian married an irish man and my father is from hamburg germany...well, his grandparents are at least...

but i was raised by a polish man until i was the age of 11-12 and put into a foster home where the parents were egyptian. medhat and sara and their 2 kids tarek and amara ( i think that was her name, i forget lol). they left that and became the group home parents in a boys home called anchor house and then i put into the girls home called harbor house when i was 17 and thats when they met me to my egyptian ex husband and i married him when i was 1 week into my 18th birthday.
they live in dubai now and i havent seen them since i got married.
maybe this is what you are thinking of.

tina, tina, tina...
[Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

ok i was just wondering how u could be egyptian and indian and polish at yr whem.... hahahaha
i must have read wrong... my bad...

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
count the fecking dots on the ceiling.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
i can't stand it any longer ,i'm gonna get up tomoro i've decided ! this lying about is driving me nuts !!
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Dude, we don't want you busting yo ass or something. If the doctor says lie down, lie down!
Member # 14517

Rate Member
quote:
Dude, we don't want you busting yo ass or something. If the doctor says lie down, lie down!

i have been lay down for 3 fekin weeks and i cant stand it any more ,the doc can kiss my lilly white ass ! i'm gettin up [Razz]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com