EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian - Flying to the UK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian - Flying to the UK
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all....as many of you are aware hubby now has his visa and is coming to the UK.

I am not fimiliar to Cairo airport but can anyone tell me what airline he can fly with and which airport is the better one for him to fly to. Normally i fly to and from Gatwick but lots of people are saying that Heathrow is perhaps better for him price wise. I would prefer it if he had a direct flight as he may get so confused having never left Egypt ground, also he is not thinking of leaving Egypt until the mid of December so im sure christmas prices will kick in..
If anyone has any information on flying from Cario i would be gratful.

Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when ahmed came here he flew direct from cairo to heathrow only takes 5 hrs or so
he flew with egypt air

i had a quick look for you theres a flight
2,168.00 EGP
for the following

Flight 1
Monday, 1. December 2008
Departure: 12:45 Cairo, Egypt - Cairo International, terminal 1

Arrival: 16:05 London, United Kingdom - Heathrow, terminal 3

Airline: Egyptair MS777 e Duration: 5:20
Aircraft: Boeing 777-200/300

only thing with egpyt air they dont have good luggage allowance its only 20kg ahmed had 2 cases and they only let him bring one unless he paid a fortune

Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigwhale
Member # 15972

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigwhale   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all people there.
maybe you can help me with some info about one person from hurghada.

hes name is ahmed,nick name marcos,33 years old,birth 28.1 1975

hes come from hurghada,egypt.
he use to work in the hotel Hilton Plaza in the hurghada like diving instructor in the private marina there.the name of ship is bigwhale
please if somebody knows something about that boy,let me know,or to him that im looking for him.thanks

Posts: 7 | From: limassol,Cyprus | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eh thought this was about helpin someone who wants to get her hubby from egypt to uk

aint half of egypt called ahmed

Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives
Member # 14207

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt 2007, I am happy for you that your husband is coming to join you here!
My wife lived with me in Egypt for 3 years,but had to go back to UK.I asked for 6 month tourist visa to be with her in UK.
I got it in 1 week I flew with Monarch from Sharm to Gatwick with no problems. not even have a return ticket.
I stayed in UK 6 months and we went back to Egypt together from Gatwick on tourist plane.

After 4 months we asked for spouse visa for UK, and got it. Then we went together from Sharm with Monarch to Gatwick again no problems.

Some people think it is not possible for Egyptian to fly with tourist planes, but it is. After hearing things from friends I think it is easier to go from sharm and nicer to land at gatwick.

The easy part is over when he gets here. keep much proof that you live together and share good married life together.
Good luck to you both.

Posts: 98 | From: Firmly On The Ground | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeh ...i guess the hard part will begin as soon as he arrives but im ready to make it work .... im sure we will be fine..

he will be flying from Cairo though..to either gatwick r Heathrow which ever is best times and price for him.. He hopes to arrive around the 11th before the christmas rush...

Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives
Member # 14207

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShirleyValentinesFantasyLives         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha - so he will get the shock of the whole mad christmas thing? my first christmas here I think all the people are crazy for it ! now I understand what a happy time of year it is for everyone. you will have a nice christmas gift this year.
yes you will be fine. what i mean by the hard bit to come is doing all things normal here like driving licence and citizen test and no one gives information what to do. read now all the things you need for when 2 years is finished on visa and keep reading cos they keep changing.

Posts: 98 | From: Firmly On The Ground | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Thanks for the advise SVFL................best wait til he is here before i think what he will do before its times to applyto stay... he tells me today that ishe going to try and get a flight between the 11th and 18th december but think the school holdays start around the 15th so maybe best before..

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com