EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Baby girls and ear piercings (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Baby girls and ear piercings
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think about piercing girls' ears?

I don't want to do it because I think she should choose herself and I don't want to cause her physical pain. My husband wants to do it because that is the Egyptian way according to him. Isn't it hell for them to sleep on those and isn't actually too late when she is almost one year old, won't she try to rip them out?

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its terrible and to be honest always reminds me of gypsy kids
Tell him he's not in Egypt now and its not normal in your culture. Your daughter is growing up in Europe not Egypt. He only needs to look around at other babies to see for himself that its not normal practice until she is much older and then its her choice not his. Why does he want to make her different.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe-at-work
Member # 14907

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe-at-work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell him to get his nipples pierced or his dick. Its pretty common her in europe with the young guys. After he has done that, - then his baby girl can get her ears pierced. His the one that wanna "be like everybody else". [Big Grin]
Posts: 281 | From: Denmark | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
I think its terrible and to be honest always reminds me of gypsy kids
Tell him he's not in Egypt now and its not normal in your culture. Your daughter is growing up in Europe not Egypt. He only needs to look around at other babies to see for himself that its not normal practice until she is much older and then its her choice not his. Why does he want to make her different.

I agree

Gypsy and Chav [Roll Eyes]

Wait till she is older and asks for it herself.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well what girl doesnt eventually want her ears pierced?

i had aleya's done in the hospital after birth and now she is sporting gold hoops.

she loves going to the mall with me and picking out new earrings and stuff.

i never seen it bother her ears before. just get the gold balls, nothing with stones or anything to avoid them getting caught in something.

as for the pain it only hurts for a second. my mom did my ears with ice and a needle. and now i have 3 holes in each, done by me. quick pinch nothing more. just keep them clean...

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it hurts like crap when you're older and doesn't hurt much when you're a baby. it's been pretty common in europe til about 10-15 years ago to get girls ears pierced when they were babies. in fact, when they didn't people would assume it was a boy in hand-me-down pink clothes :-)

i got mine pierced at 9 when i could finally decide for myself (actually i had been asking ever since i could talk as all my friends had earrings except me) .... and i really wished my mom had mine done when i couldn't remember the pain.

seems there's a greater chance for infection as well when you get older as your skin doesn't heal as quickly (or something)

what looks odd to you, looks normal to him. he's probably worried everyone is going to think the baby is a boy

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, My mother and Father mandated that we had to be 13 years old, and that the procedure would be done by a Dr.

He used the big old stainless steel surgical earrings and I remember turning them every day to get them to heal. The sharp point of the "peircing earring" poked my head when I slept but eventually I got used to them. We had a "one hole" rule though, and when I put in a second hole at a jewler when I was 16, My father confiscated all of my earrings and checked everyday until the holes healed and closed up.

But that was a very conservative household, we weren't allowed to wear blouses with buttons until we were Juniors in HS, and never anything but a one piece swimsuit. Poor Daddy, he had two daughters 15 months apart, one blonde, one brunette and both smoking hot cheerleaders/athletes. I look back and think I was lucky I ever got to leave the house!

As far as piercing babies... I never had a daughter so I can't offer advice, but my opinion is that on a baby.. tiny gold ball earrings are ADOREABLE, but drop earrings with beads and rhinestones on an 8 year old are too much.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rofl @ smoking hot.
i take it you were the athlete right?
ur kinda butchy that way.
and for a broad who was raised in such a conservative household, how in the earth did u get into tattoos and squeezing into tiny teenager outfits until you look like the Michelin Man wrapped in duct tape? your papa must be so proud...loooool

anyway the piercing earrings arent supposed to stab ur head because the backing has a cover on it...the stem doesent go thru all the way.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Momma_Dukes:
rofl @ smoking hot.
i take it you were the athlete right?
ur kinda butchy that way.
and for a broad who was raised in such a conservative household, how in the earth did u get into tattoos and squeezing into tiny teenager outfits until you look like the Michelin Man wrapped in duct tape? your papa must be so proud...loooool

anyway the piercing earrings arent supposed to stab ur head because the backing has a cover on it...the stem doesent go thru all the way.

zaphirelee r u her
Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
i am sam
sam i am

lol

Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your jealousy is showing. Can't wait to see you and your kid on Santa lap this year, that is if you fit on his lap.

One current picture of you and the kid. Put up or shut up, because you don't upset me in the least. But you do lay bare your seething envy.

Poor little victim of life. Even scared and embarassed of yourself. No shame in my game, NONE. You do know that I freely post my image, and freely share my life, and that your assessments are just you being a shitty little angry brat. I am perfect as I am, and happy with who I am, and surrounded by family and love and intelligent people. The photo you refer to CONSTANTLY was taken on my 3rd anniversary at a concert and the dress I was wearing was a fantastic Romeo and Juliet "little black dress" and it fit me PERFECTLY, because it was TAILORED for me. AND I LOOKED AMAZING IN IT! So the more you blather the bigger fool you look. Hate me much? Sorry maybe when you grow up you can have nice things too.

Didn't your own "foster father" whore you out to the first arab who came along? No wonder you haven't got a clue about conservative households, or overprotective parents. All of yours just tipped back your head and crapped down your neck.

Pity you didn't choke on it.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
READ THE FIRST LINE. GOT BORED.

SORRY YOU WASTED UR TIME AGAIN.
LOOOOOOL

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmogirl:
Ugh, My mother and Father mandated that we had to be 13 years old, and that the procedure would be done by a Dr.

He used the big old stainless steel surgical earrings and I remember turning them every day to get them to heal. The sharp point of the "peircing earring" poked my head when I slept but eventually I got used to them. We had a "one hole" rule though, and when I put in a second hole at a jewler when I was 16, My father confiscated all of my earrings and checked everyday until the holes healed and closed up.

But that was a very conservative household, we weren't allowed to wear blouses with buttons until we were Juniors in HS, and never anything but a one piece swimsuit. Poor Daddy, he had two daughters 15 months apart, one blonde, one brunette and both smoking hot cheerleaders/athletes. I look back and think I was lucky I ever got to leave the house!

As far as piercing babies... I never had a daughter so I can't offer advice, but my opinion is that on a baby.. tiny gold ball earrings are ADOREABLE, but drop earrings with beads and rhinestones on an 8 year old are too much.

wow we had to be 13 too my father said lolol
when i finally got them done i was so impressed...
but i hated turning them and cleanin them with alchol every day..
now i am older i am alergic to all earings i wonder y????
everytime i put some in my ears gold silver aantil alergic my ears get infected???
anyways i have twin daughters and i never got them pierced either.. its a persons own choice take that away and they wouldnt be their own person.. maybe one day she will regret u had them pierced,,,,, u never know how they will feel about it when they get older...

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am allergic to most earrings as well... unless they are real silver I can only wear them for a few hours and I only wear earrings perhaps twice a year as I don't think they suit me much.

I think kids with earrings, espeically these nasty fake gold hoops that could sit a parrot in them look awful.. when they swing their heads the the poor kid gets a dirt line on their neck from the earring and I think the kids look like potential car theives!!! real scrubby grubby looking.

None of the children in my family have their ears pierced... maybe when they are older they will want to but if they ever get their jewellery from a catalogue (ie Argos) I will disown them [Wink]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'in fact, when they didn't people would assume it was a boy in hand-me-down pink clothes'

where was this?? [Confused]

Where I grew up I can only remember one Italian girl ( Maria Monteleone) [Big Grin] and a few of the poor kids, and the Irish at my primary school having them.

God I wanted them so bad!!

It was def considered gypsy, poor and low class in children below teenager.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had my ears pierced when I was 10.
My mum found that was the right age. [Razz]
I am still happy about it. [Wink]
My little girl wanted her ears pierced at the age of 7. I said; ok. [Smile] But she took them out for 4 days and the piercings closed again. [Confused]
She says she will wait till she is 12 or so to have her ears pierced again. She would have lost them anyway, just like her sportshoes, her bracelet, her pencilcase, etc. [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i am sam
sam i am

lol

I am I am Haiti ass [Big Grin] yah liar i know who you are [Wink]
Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
I am allergic to most earrings as well... unless they are real silver I can only wear them for a few hours and I only wear earrings perhaps twice a year as I don't think they suit me much.

I think kids with earrings, espeically these nasty fake gold hoops that could sit a parrot in them look awful.. when they swing their heads the the poor kid gets a dirt line on their neck from the earring and I think the kids look like potential car theives!!! real scrubby grubby looking.

None of the children in my family have their ears pierced... maybe when they are older they will want to but if they ever get their jewellery from a catalogue (ie Argos) I will disown them [Wink]

yes girl i know..
i can wear them a few hrs then my ears start itching and woohoo they get really red and i hate it....thats with silver or gold or what ever///// last yr my mom bought me some gold diamonds i cant even wear them.. so i just go without...no biggy my holes never close anyways.. and thats the only place on my body that would ever see piercing....

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too Tina.. the bad reaction my ears get I would never risk piercing anywhere else lol...

My holes never close either and I have to pop the 'grub' after I wear earrings...

DG, I am still the girl who loses all jewellery and I was also 10 years old but I had mine pierced but mine was becasue an idiot family member wanted to make me more girly!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it depends on

(a) whether you believe that your daughter has the right to choose what happens to her body and by piercing her ears as a baby she has no choice in the matter - I was 18 when I got mine pierced and it didn't hurt too much, and using surgical spirit twice a day on the openings kept infection at bay until they healed.

(b) in the culture where your daughter is living - how are earrings on young children perceived? Its definately a 'chavvy' thing in the UK - goes with the Croydon Facelift look and 12-year olds with baby buggies.

Croydon Facelift

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeama:
I think it depends on

(a) whether you believe that your daughter has the right to choose what happens to her body and by piercing her ears as a baby she has no choice in the matter - I was 18 when I got mine pierced and it didn't hurt too much, and using surgical spirit twice a day on the openings kept infection at bay until they healed.

(b) in the culture where your daughter is living - how are earrings on young children perceived? Its definately a 'chavvy' thing in the UK - goes with the Croydon Facelift look and 12-year olds with baby buggies.

Croydon Facelift

What does " chavy" mean shanta???
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
http://www.funkee-munkee.co.uk/chav.jpg
bluberrys and ankle picker tuck in trousers in socks and cause bedlum personaly i bloody hate uhm .

--------------------
"Most men are accredited fools shortly after they leave the womb.”

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the nearest US equivalent might be 'white trailer trash' (apologies to anyone who lives in a trailer and isn't trash.)

Chavs can be male or female.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

These pics will give you the general idea.

http://chavsrusinit.com/images/Gollum-chav2.jpg

http://cornerstonegroup.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/chavs.jpg

http://www.skytower.me.uk/wp-content/chav2.jpg

http://img162.echo.cx/img162/7456/chav8kf.jpg

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
A total shite society Sorry but not good exsperience with them down here we hate them but then i hear chavs can come in different degrees bling bling style
Am i bovvered innit

--------------------
"Most men are accredited fools shortly after they leave the womb.”

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

LOL Sharona

Face bovvered innit

I just twigged that in the UK wearing all your bling is considered incredibly low class, but here its considered a good thing and people feel sorry for you if you're not decked out in 'all your gold' - that's wierd and I haven't quite got my head round it yet.

In the UK, hanging washing out to dry on the balcony is very low class, here its completely normal.

PS I just wanted to say that dont assume if she decides when she's older that she doesn't want the piercings the holes will heal up. I went something like 10 years without ever wearing ear rings (after they'd been pierced a few years) and the holes never healed up.

PPS - this will be a controversial thing to say but where do you draw the line in a society's conventions regarding ear-piercing, circumcision and FGM? They are all mutiliations of the body often when they are too young to have any say in it.

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeama:
LOL Sharona

Face bovvered innit

I just twigged that in the UK wearing all your bling is considered incredibly low class, but here its considered a good thing and people feel sorry for you if you're not decked out in 'all your gold' - that's wierd and I haven't quite got my head round it yet.

In the UK, hanging washing out to dry on the balcony is very low class, here its completely normal.

PS I just wanted to say that dont assume if she decides when she's older that she doesn't want the piercings the holes will heal up. I went something like 10 years without ever wearing ear rings (after they'd been pierced a few years) and the holes never healed up.

PPS - this will be a controversial thing to say but where do you draw the line in a society's conventions regarding ear-piercing, circumcision and FGM? They are all mutiliations of the body often when they are too young to have any say in it.

hanging the washing out on balcony there is the only option Lol here mainly some are lucky to get a garden but i can remember growing up you used to use a line from one end of the house roof to the other side of the street to another house and hang your washing out there some places in england up north you can still see it .But with the migrant workers here in Uk and fluctation of immagrants and high flats being built we seeing the washing hanging out over the balconys before long we have our own little egypt here
Mwahahaha yah no wat a mean innit [Big Grin]

Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sharona:
quote:
i am sam
sam i am

lol

i know who i am too. tami.

*sits back and giggles at how sad it is to watch a person be so sure of themself when they call a person a liar, when in fact they couldnt be MORE WRONG.

(but then again, your crazie.)

as for the piercings, i only get red ears tina if i wear cheap earrings from like, claires or something, so i stick to silver. i dont like gold...had tons of it when i was married and let him take it all back. i think yellow is a damn ugly color and it just looks too tacky. silver is more feminine and sweet.
i got my belly button pierced last august in wildwood new jersey and the bitch didnt heal yet. probably cuz i keep wearing long dangly ones that get caught on my shirts and stuff and . people keep saying to wear a ball during the day and keep the fancy ones for night or outings but they are just too darn sexy i can resist.
its a little red, dont hurt, but is bugged from the everyday tugging.
plus, 2 weekends ago, dude pulled on it with his teeth and it hurted [Frown]

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sharona:
quote:
i am sam
sam i am

lol

i know who i am too. tami.

*sits back and giggles at how sad it is to watch a person be so sure of themself when they call a person a liar, when in fact they couldnt be MORE WRONG.

(but then again, your crazie.)

as for the piercings, i only get red ears tina if i wear cheap earrings from like, claires or something, so i stick to silver. i dont like gold...had tons of it when i was married and let him take it all back. i think yellow is a damn ugly color and it just looks too tacky. silver is more feminine and sweet.
i got my belly button pierced last august in wildwood new jersey and the bitch didnt heal yet. probably cuz i keep wearing long dangly ones that get caught on my shirts and stuff and . people keep saying to wear a ball during the day and keep the fancy ones for night or outings but they are just too darn sexy i can resist.
its a little red, dont hurt, but is bugged from the everyday tugging.
plus, 2 weekends ago, dude pulled on it with his teeth and it hurted [Frown]

oh shut your bloody fog horn sitting at the chair all days does you know favours your bigger than me and i know it .
Fantasy donna come tami plus Zapphirelee if not Egypt search is rigged .Oh i say bwing it on Gurl [Big Grin]
And quit following me around i am getting nervous [Big Grin]

did you find out what HAITI meant ? [Wink]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
There is a lot of folk on here who put all their dirty washing out in public [Wink]
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CHAV =
Council
House
And
Vile.

I believe that was the original description.

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pierced my ears with a bobbin when i was 12 [Wink]
it hurt like a bitch and i had to get drunk first lol

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
There is a lot of folk on here who put all their dirty washing out in public [Wink]

Dont worry has long as your not the dirt its fine by me [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
My ex pierced his own ear with a aztec badge!!!

I have no dirty laundry to wash in public... I am a lady remember [Big Grin]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila:
pierced my ears with a bobbin when i was 12 [Wink]
it hurt like a bitch and i had to get drunk first lol

at 12 ?

You had to get drunk first ?

Well that's just dandy. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Haha, so true. Sam couldn't quite understand why I hated gold, and wanted a silver ring. I tried explaining that gold just looks cheap and tacky, but he sees silver as being the cheap one.

I got my ears pierced at 8, when I wanted it done. Yes, nearly all girls want pierced ears, so isn't it better to wait until they ask, so they see it like a nice treat?
I got my second hole done as a teenager (god, that was when the chav look was so in, and every one was wearing sports gear, and three holes in each ear). They have closed up now, thank god.

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
i did my nose with a thumbtack.
its cute and sometimes i sprt a little tiny stud, but i dont know, im starting to think it looks gross so i left it close up.
gawd, in high school i made this thing....an earring with a chain that connected to the nose ring, like eastern indian women do.
i was so goth. YUCK!

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
I tried explaining that to me

You and yourself have some boring conversations.

Silver > Gold, any day, hands down.

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should read the riveting conversations I have with myself about towels [Big Grin]
Anyway, I do believe the typo has done a disappearing act.
Silver is prettier.
So, what do people think about male piercings? Personally, I don't think I can take a man seriously if he had an earring (or you get some with both ears done, arghgh).

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had my ears pierced first at 12. Actually, I have three piercings in my left ear: second came when I passed all my exams at uni after my first year, third ... I did it myself in the middle of the night because I felt like it. [Big Grin]

And I don't like men with earings. Erm, no matter where... (perhaps I can stand one in the brow.)

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I hate nose piercings - my sister's got one, a tiny little stud, and it just looks like a zit to me until you get close up.
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The worst for me are the ones in the tongue. Omg, I get goosebumps!
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nah ! makbeta the private ones are best [Wink]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila:
nah ! makbeta the private ones are best [Wink]

Ok, actually when I think about it ... [Wink] [Big Grin]
Member # 14517

Rate Member
[Big Grin] [Cool] [Wink]
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
My ex pierced his own ear with a aztec badge!!!

I have no dirty laundry to wash in public... I am a lady remember [Big Grin]

i'm a lady a lady you know [Wink] [Big Grin]
India
Member # 16104

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for India     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry girls but I have to say that in some parts of the UK, it is actually common for a baby to have its ears pierced. I got my ears pierced when I was a baby. Its traditional in the African, Indian, West Indian communities to pierce a girl's ears early. I remember that my favourite earrings were little butterfly studs.

I don't see anything wrong with it as for my community, its something of a tradition and one of those rites of passage. However I agree that for me, silver looks classier and it suits my colouring better.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
The issue I have with piercing a babies ears is that you are hurting your little child for no reason other than your own pleasure. It certainly isn't for her, because she has no idea what is going on, and wont even care about the earrings for quite a few years. Seems like a silly reason to hurt someone, just because it might look cute to some.

--------------------
Another one....

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
The issue I have with piercing a babies ears is that you are hurting your little child for no reason other than your own pleasure. It certainly isn't for her, because she has no idea what is going on, and wont even care about the earrings for quite a few years. Seems like a silly reason to hurt someone, just because it might look cute to some.

I view male circumcision like that (okay forget about the pleasure part here) but not exactly ear piercing.

Then again I let my daughter decide when she wanted to get her ears done - which was just this summer. She said the very quick procedure hurt a little bit (unfortunately I had a much different experience 25 years ago) - and now she wants literally each week a new pair of earrings. She is very proudly wearing them. [Wink]

~ TL

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I think their are many parents in the world who think that they have the right to deform their children in the name of 'beauty'

I see children dressed in ridiculous shpaed shoes in the name of fashion for eg.and I have seen children wearing both expensive and cheap jewellery.

It appears there are many people who want their children to stand out and look trendy, pretty or even older but in reality I just see parents seriously making young children looking ridiculous.

Children should look like children... not only do earrings look very tacky regardless of their expense they are not very safe if a child is running around in a playground with friends! Even on the practicl side I think they are stupid [Big Grin]

Just my opinion though.

And yes, I do also think they look like mini chavs... you may as well tattoo love and hate on their knuckles and give them a borstal spot [Big Grin]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
I see drunk people.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com